.:Blu:. VS ♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥ [ Leaderboard ] [ Finished ]

.:Blu:.

1. All YCM rules apply.

2. Create a Trap that supports WATER monsters or is used against other Attributes.

3. I'll take on anyone as a challenger. You are allowed to reserve the position of challenger.

4. You must post your card along with it's lore/effect.

5. Deadline is at 2:00 PM PST tomorrow.

6. First to 3 votes will win. All votes must have a valid reason.

7. Prize is 1 rep and 50 points.

Good luck!

[spoiler=.:Blu:.'s Card]

PotofAquariusSmall_zps86b9f309.png

Lore: If a WATER monster you control is targeted for an attack: Before damage calculation, destroy it then Special Summon a WATER monster from your Deck whose Level is equal to or less than the combined Levels of the monster destroyed by this card’s effect and the monster that targeted the destroyed monster for an attack, in face-up Attack Position.

[spoiler=♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥'s Card]

156726.jpg

Lore: Activate only when a WATER monster pays a cost to activate its own effect; After the effect resolves that monster immediately pays the cost again to activate its effect regardless of conditions. While this card is in Graveyard, you can banish this card and 1 WATER Sea-Serpent-type monster to destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

Guest ♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥

My entry

[spoiler=The Serpent and the Tower]

156726.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]

Activate only when a WATER monster pays a cost to activate its own effect; After the effect resolves that monster immediately pays the cost again to activate its effect regardless of conditions. While this card is in Graveyard, you can banish this card and 1 WATER Sea-Serpent-type monster to destroy 1 card your opponent controls.

@♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥: Your card picture does not match the card text, I will go with your text.

@.:Blu:.: What cardmaker do you use?!?!?!

OT: Blu's card, I find situational, but it's okay. I would personally expand the spectrum a bit... Maybe also include "when targeted by a card effect" somehow? D.A._Siegfried's card is awfully powerful and can instantly turn the tide of Duel with no effort. The last bit is also overkill. It's too powerful. I also don't like how you restricted it to supporting Atlanteans either. My vote goes to Blu.

Guest ♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥

The effect I'm reading on DA's actual card is different than the lore under it. I'll assume that the written lore is legit, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Vote goes to Blu, because it's not as abusable.

@♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥: Your card picture does not match the card text, I will go with your text.

@.:Blu:.: What cardmaker do you use?!?!?!

OT: Blu's card, I find situational, but it's okay. I would personally expand the spectrum a bit... Maybe also include "when targeted by a card effect" somehow? D.A._Siegfried's card is awfully powerful and can instantly turn the tide of Duel with no effort. The last bit is also overkill. It's too powerful. I also don't like how you restricted it to supporting Atlanteans either. My vote goes to Blu.

Yugico derped and kept the effect I originally had for it on the main page. The problem has now been fixed.

Guest ♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥

Okay so far it's Blu 0 D.A. 0

EDIT: I do apologies for not realizing that the incorrect effect was put up in the text spoiler.

Both of the cards are situational and highly susceptible to all the spell/trap hate of current format. Honest, I might run Serpent maybe but I probably wouldn't run jar due to how slow it is. Both of these are dead draws unless you draw a monster, and a specific one at that. Serpent & tower can be abused, but jar might never be used. Hmm, I am split. A possible over powered card or a probably situational card that might never be used. Eh, vote goes to D.A.

I already explained how susceptible it is to mst and how situational it is. Serpent will either be abusable or not run at all because it's too slow & there's no space in the deck. *sigh* I knew I was going to get jumped for voting for D.A. I have my own reasonings & to post them all would take forever.

Guest ♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥

Because playing abyssphere during your turn, ditching another card, and searching out 2 megalos to Xyz summon a mini-skill drain is fair. :/

What effect are you talking about, "The Serpent and the Tower" can't be used with Abysssphere.

Guest ♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥

Abyssphere during your turn -> grab megalo -> use this -> grab another megalo -> make gaios

Unless the text on the card and not below it is the real text.

It's not, this will be the third time I have addressed that. As stated, when I went to copy the effect on the cards main page, yugico didn't have the new effect (I.E. the one that can only be activated to a WATER monster cost). I didn't notice till I got back on.

I do apologies again for the annoyance this has caused.

this is the proper effect.

"Activate only when a WATER monster pays a cost to activate its own effect; After the effect resolves that monster immediately pays the cost again to activate its effect regardless of conditions. While this card is in Graveyard, you can banish this card and 1 WATER Sea-Serpent-type monster to destroy 1 card your opponent controls."

Guest ♥ D.A._Siegfried ♥

Wow this got heated quickly O_O

So I'm assuming that's Blu-2 and D.A.-1

Thank you for voting and I love reading the reasoning behind the votes.

And as for Aix's question, I used Judas' card template on Photoshop.

Well the fault was mine Blu, I didn't notice that I had put down the improper text in the effect spoiler. If you haven't already may you please edit the op, so no further confusion happens?

My vote goes to D.A. While I’m not entirely sold on the whole “Make a monster pay it’ cost twice” part, It can be used to benefit WATER monsters (it’s a shame we all know WHO it’s going to benefit) or offensively in a mirror match If it’s used in a smart way (like making Abyssmegalo tribute another WATER monster, but still only getting 2 attacks). I also like how it can become a Graveyard Trap like Breakthrough Skill. Your card is just appealing to me more in terms of creativity right now.

Archived