Sora vs johnhabib25 [Leaderboard] (Finished, Sora wins!)

Sora1499

The leader board is back up! :D

Card Requirements:
*Make a single boss monster that someone would choose to build a deck around.
*No other requirements.

Rules:
*The card is due by Tuesday.
*First to 3 votes or the most votes by Friday wins.
*Written cards are ok.
*PM me your card when you're ready.

Any takers?[spoiler='Card A']168544.jpg [/spoiler] [spoiler='How am I going to use this?'] I made this to give cata-rock stun some more muscle outside of gaia plate by recycling their most important resources: traps![/spoiler]

[spoiler='Card B'] oh0jnn.jpg
Lore:

If this card successfully destroys 1 Xyz, Fusion, Synchro, or level 5 and higher monster by battle, you can place 1 Charged Counter on any card on the field (max. 3). This card gains 500 ATK for each Charged Counter places on it. Once per turn, you can remove 1 Charged Counter from this card to activate 1 of the folliwing effects:

*Inflict 1000 of direct damage to your opponent's Life Points; this card cannot attack the turn you use this effect.

*Pay 500 Life Points: your opponent must discard 1 random card.

*Discard 1 card: destroy 1 Spell or Trap card your opponent controls, this card cannot attack the turn you use this effect.

[/spoiler] [spoiler='How am I going to use this?]]

The idea of this is a low ATK monster, but gains ATK through Counters that it gets after destroying by battle. Fusions and Synchs are so popular and so much played as much as XYZ monsters now - there usually summoned by lvl 4s or 3s, so its easy to have this card get a counter. The reason why I called the counter "charged" is because the monster is charging its power - and when its used, it releasing the charged power into bolts (Thus the picture in Charged Cobalt is summoning power). If this were to be ran in a deck, the card would be similar to this - gaining counters to somehow strike your opponent, yet at a balanced basis - a way to be anti-Xyz since its been so popular and have been running in literally EVERY deck nowadays.

[/spoiler]

I'm willing to take you on, but that requirement is really, really unworkable. It works based purely on subjectiveness. One might make a glorious card, but the other one might be more appealing to build a deck around to the voter, because it is, for example, more obvious of an effect.

Beaten by a few seconds. Meh.

[quote=Striker]
[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=3][center]If you plan do make a Leaderboard 1v1, PM me with your intention to do so.[/center][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=3][center][/quote][/center][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=Arial][size=3][center]Rules are rules.[/center][/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='Mugendramon' timestamp='1358128771' post='6120120']
Feel free to revise the quality of your requirement nonetheless.
[/quote]
I think I'll change the requirement to making a boss monster to build a deck around, so that people can directly see which deck it'd make. If that's ok with john, of course.

Neither of these things is really worthy of making a Deck around- because Card A already HAS a Deck it fits into, and is ridiculously good in, and Card B is of generic (if not limited) utility.

Essentially, Card B is not something you build a Deck around. Card A is broken, but at least you do make a Deck around it. What do I mean broken? [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Grandsoil_the_Elemental_Lord"]Gee[/url], I [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Mask_of_Darkness"]really[/url] do [url="http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Pot_of_Avarice"]wonder[/url].

Anyhow... Card A.

[quote name='Archlord Sora' timestamp='1358304289' post='6122288']
1-0, Card A

How are you comparing him to avarice or grandsoil? He doesn't have either's plus effect, and he's much slower than mask of [s]restrict.[/s] [b]Darkness[/b]
[/quote]

He has Gransoil's Ease to summon, he's MUCH EASIER to in fact, and for the same stats. 2800 is nothing to laugh at, mind you. It has Avarice's recycling proprieties, and is in fact a lot better than Mask of Darkness. Because it rewards you for not protecting it instead of doing so.

[quote name='Archlord Sora' timestamp='1358304749' post='6122297']
Darkness, Retrict, same thing. Thanks for your input, though. I really appreciate it.
[/quote]

[img]http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121011221343/yugioh/images/thumb/e/ed/MaskofRestrict-LCYW-EN-C-1E.jpg/300px-MaskofRestrict-LCYW-EN-C-1E.jpg[/img][img]http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120616113902/yugioh/images/thumb/1/18/MaskofDarkness-BP01-EN-C-1E.png/300px-MaskofDarkness-BP01-EN-C-1E.png[/img]

Yeeep. Same thing, no doubt.

I didn't even realize the names were on the cards till I read Crona's post lol

Anywho if I were to build a deck around either I guess it would be much easier to do Card A. While I don't think its an easier Grandsoil. To me it seems to have the same relationship as Hyperion and Krystia do. It gives a way to manipulate your graveyard and go into Grandsoil. Which is creepy seeing as you can summon two 2800 Beatsticks (and a third thing with Grandsoil's effect) and not even use up your normal summon. As for its effect it sounds fun to simply take an opponents recently used solemn while still saving your own. It doesn't appear that broken to me other than its ease of summon.

Card B...I just don't get it. Its so much text for so little attack, steep requirements, and to require death of an extra deck monster. I don't think I would use at all there are simply other options.

Yeah for me the victory is Card A.

Sora, because the whole "cannot attack this turn" isn't really important because of it's low ATK. It takes the counter off, it now has lower ATK than before and cannot attack. It cannot use it's effect if it attacks, so you will have to wait a while for it to be useful, which is not something a boss monster is suppose to do, so I don't really like this card personally. It's neat, but not that useful. Sora gets it.

Archived