This set is a work in progress, which will develop as the light novels do (and in the hopes of a return to the anime series), and as my understanding of the characters and their techniques changes. There is a lot of room for improvement. Also, in case you haven't noticed, this set is heavy on the spoilers. Spoiler Alert!

As of first post I have completed only the Monster Cards and Fusion Monsters from the 'SAO Arc' to the 'Mother's Rosario Arc,' and even then, of the Sleeping Knights, I have only been able to incorporate Yuuki and Shiune into the set so far. One issue is that there are very few usable pictures available of the later characters, and some of those are too thin to occupy the full picture frame. Since I use MS Paint, extending the frame of the picture itself is about the limit of what I can do -- I cannot make any apologies about that. I can ask that if you find a better picture that you please upload either the picture itself, or a link to it. I will thank you for doing so.

As usual, I am using 'power' as shorthand for 'ATK and DEF,' and these cards use Contact Fusion when they do Fuse, apart from when they're levelling -- appropriate enough for cards that use characters from a VRMMORPG. 'Unique,' which I use in the Circulation Field, denotes named characters of whom you can not only control just 1 at a time, but you can only have 1 of that card in your Deck. This is one way of avoiding spam summoning and overpowering the deck -- too much. This applies regardless of the game's format (standard/advanced) Two other terms I have taken to using since my last outing making a set (it was the Pony Friendship & Magic set, as Xi-3) are 'Neophyte' and 'overlay.'

The 'Neophyte' sub-type denotes a rookie or newcomer who is training -- in other words, that character is operating in a tutorial mode. If you wish to borrow this sub-type, the rules are simple: neither ATK nor DEF can be above 500, regardless of whether one is emphasized and thus higher than the other, or they are both the same. Their Level is 1 or 2. As in the card Lore, Neophytes cannot be targeted on the turn they are summoned, if they are summoned in Attack Position (this is because of the tutorial mode). After that turn, they become vulnerable. Using the 'overlay' function, the Neophyte can lend its power to the Starter-level version of itself (not that the Starter-level version is Level 4, so it can be summoned without the Neophyte although that would lack the addition of its level and power, as well as the added protection from destruction, which is similar to a Union Monster. This is what I mean by the 'overlay.' It's basically just stacking one card on top of the other. While it is not written on the card, the monsters higher than Level 4 cannot be overlaid on the Neophyte cards, which would just be awkward. Note, however, that if you have the Starter overlaid on the Neophyte, they can count as 2 tributes instead of 1, therefore a normal Tribute Summon could be performed instead of Special Summoning the next-highest level.

The biggest issue with this set was how to deal with Kirito, who it seemed just kept on gathering god-like power. In the light novels, it becomes clear that every time he converts to a new game there are only certain things that get carried over. After 'Fairy Dance' that's only common characteristics, and does not include funds from ALO, on top of his items, which he puts in a vault before converting. He also reset his Spriggan stats after rescuing Asuna, so he was no longer crazy-powerful from building strength to escape the death game. Still, since he had built experience and muscle memory he could not be said to be starting from zero every time, so he got a little bit stronger than his previous base each time. I still ended up with many cards, so I combined some of them to simplify: "Queen's Knight Kirito Online" and "BlueKnight Kirito Online" became "Vagabond Kirito Online." I would have liked to use 'RuroKen,' and I'm sure Kazuto himself would have appreciated it, but I don't think all players would have gotten the allusion to Rurouni Kenshin on top of the play on the words to mean 'Wandering Sword.' I also combined 'New Spriggan Kirito Online' and 'Greatsword Kirito Online' to form 'Cross Spriggan Kirito Online,' denoting his crossover / conversion from SAO to ALO.

Because this set includes others who have helped Kirito, and because the Fairy Lords are mentioned as showing up in Aincrad or in Asuna's and Kirito's houses, I included the known lords (with feats) Alicia Rue and Sakuya, together with General Eugene. Because of their fight, I made General Eugene Online's power equal to Cross Spriggan Kirito Online's. After I made them, I thought I should make it easier to summon and power the lord-level Fairies. So I made cards for the guards. Because Sinon uses Fire and Ice arrows, I made Fire and Water versions of the Cait Sith guards. As a sort of balance I made the Sylph warriors who showed up in the World Tree. I believe that's enough explanation, so please enjoy the cards.

[spoiler=SAO]
[spoiler=Tier-1 Monsters]
ODD101asuna-1.jpg ODD102asuna-1.jpg ODD102Basuna-1.jpg ODD103agil-1.jpg ODD104kirito-1.jpg ODD105kirito-1.jpg ODD105Bkirito-1.jpg ODD106klein-1.jpg ODD107klein-1.jpg ODD108lisbeth-1.jpg ODD109lisbeth-1.jpg ODD110silica-1.jpg ODD111silica-1.jpg ODD113pina-1.jpg ODD113Bpina-1.jpg ODD114diabel-1.jpg ODD115sachi-1.jpg
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Tier-2 Monsters]
ODD201asuna-1.jpg ODD201Basuna-1.jpg ODD202agil-1.jpg
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Tier-3 Monsters]
ODD301asuna-1.jpg ODD302agil-1.jpg ODD303kirito-1.jpg ODD305klein-1.jpg ODD306lisbeth-1.jpg ODD307silica-1.jpg
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Tier-4 Monster]
ODD401kirito-1.jpg
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Yui]
ODD112yui-1.jpg ODD112Byui-1.jpg ODD112Cyui-1.jpg
I love her expressions, especially when she does something like fist punch while she watches her 'Papa' demolish the enemy.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=ALO]
[spoiler=Tier-1 Monsters]
ODD116leafa-1.jpg ODD117caitsithknights-1.jpg ODD118caitsithrooks-1.jpg ODD119sylphknights-1.jpg
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Tier-2 Monsters]
ODD203recon-1.jpg ODD204kirito-1.jpg ODD205fenrirknights-1.jpg
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Tier-3 Monsters]
ODD308leafa-1.jpg ODD309eugene-1.jpg ODD310sakuya-1.jpg ODD311aliciarue-1.jpg
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Tier-4 Monster]
ODD402kirito-1.jpg
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Fairy Spells]

ODD618gleameyeskirito.jpg ODD618cgleameyeskirito.jpgODD636healinglights.jpgODD637homingarrows.jpgODD648wingedbarrier.jpgODD652completehealing.jpgODD665hiddenwall.jpgODD708earthwall.jpgODD716selfdestruction.jpg

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=GGO Monsters]
ODD206sinon-1.jpg ODD304kirito-1.jpg
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Underworld]

[spoiler=Monster Cards]

ODD120eugeo-1.jpgODD121ronnie-1.jpgODD122teiza-1.jpgODD207eugeo-1.jpg  ODD208solterina-1.jpgODD312eugeo-1.jpg

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Linear Mode Kirito Cards]

ODD105LMkirito.jpgODD303LMkirito.jpgODD402kirito.jpg

[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Progressive Fusion Monsters]
ODD801asuna-1.jpg ODD803agil-1.jpg ODD803agil.jpg ODD804kirito-2.jpg ODD805kirito-1.jpg

ODD804Bkiritogold.jpg  ODD806klein-1.jpg ODD807lisbeth-1.jpg ODD808silica-1.jpg ODD809sinon-1.jpg ODD810yuuki-1.jpg ODD811shiune-1.jpg ODD812kirito-1.jpgODD823asunakiritoyui.jpg
[/spoiler]

There is a progression to the Kirito series of cards, if you read in the Lore how they're summoned. It follows the story. The reason I haven't included a version from Alicization: Beginning -- okay, they're two -- is because I don't think his stats were strong or different enough to warrant another card, and because he already has plenty of cards. I will be making a card for him for Aliciation: Turning anyway, together with Eugeo and their valets, if they get any feats. I do plan on making a card for Solterina, and maybe one for Alice as an Integrity Knight. We need feats for her first, though.

[spoiler=Swords]

ODD601annealblade.jpgODD602blackirongreatsword.jpg  ODD603darkrepulser.jpg ODD603Cdarkrepulser.jpgODD604elucidator.jpgODD605excaliber.jpgODD606lambentlight.jpgODD607longsword.jpgODD609bluerosesword.jpgODD610queensknightsword.jpgODD611blueknightsword.jpgODD612giascedarsword.jpgODD613windfleuret.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Skill Spells]

ODD608siblingswords.jpgODD614dualintercept.jpgODD615dualbladeseclipse.jpgODD616dualbladessturburststream.jpgODD617armsblast.jpgODD627blindingbreakthrough.jpgODD655deadlysins.jpgODD656mothersrosario.jpgODD664nightvision.jpgODD715embracer.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Setting the Field]

ODD619aincrad.jpgODD620bestweather.jpgODD631custombuild.jpgODD663theseed.jpgODD710deathgame.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Inventory and Resources]

ODD621antidotecrystal.jpgODD622aliciasakuya.jpgODD623argotherat.jpgODD624doublepromise.jpgODD625asunascooking.jpgODD626avatarconversion.jpgODD628corridorcrystal.jpgODD629crystalliteingot.jpgODD630crystalstash.jpgODD632frontlineassemble.jpgODD633emergencygmterminal.jpgODD634healcrystal.jpgODD635sharedhealcrystals.jpgODD638revivalitem.jpgODD639stiplepersonae.jpgODD641chancemeeting.jpgODD642miragesphere.jpgODD643mithrilbulion.jpgODD645pinasheart.jpgODD646pnumaflower.jpgODD647planningsession.jpgODD649ragoutstew.jpgODD650remainlight.jpgODD651hastering.jpgODD653guidebook.jpgODD654swap.jpgODD659sysadmincard.jpgODD660syslogin.jpgODD661monumentoflife.jpgODD662teleportcrystal.jpgODD666worldtreedewdrop.jpgODD667yuisheart.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Defences]

ODD640darkdash.jpgODD701fiercerescue.jpgODD705unarmedblocking.jpgODD706dualparry.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Team Play]

ODD644partyup.jpgODD657switch.jpgODD658smo.jpgODD702swiftinvitation.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Anti Crystal Zone]

ODD703freyja.jpgODD704lagging.jpgODD707conferencecon.jpgODD709frienziedbattle.jpgODD711mutualdestruction.jpgODD712overwhelmingdifference.jpgODD713preludetofinalfight.jpgODD714systemconsole.jpgODD717admindelete.jpgODD717Badmindelete.jpgODD718pickupyui.jpg

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Fusions Working Together]

ODD813asunakiritoalo.jpgODD814asunaleafa.jpgODD815asunakiritosao-1.jpgODD816eugeoteiza.jpgODD817kiritoronie.jpgODD818kiritorina.jpgODD819kiritosachi.jpgODD820kiritosilica.jpgODD821leafakirito.jpgODD822ronieteiza.jpg[/spoiler]

Added:

- Begin: Eugeo Online

- Run: Eugeo Online

- Run: Solterina Celulute Online

- Turn: Eugeo Online

- Turn: Ronie Arabel Online

- Turn: Teiza Schtrinen Online

- Turn: Kirito Online

The 'Alicization Turning' cards are almost complete guesses, though, since only the first chapter has been translated, as far as I know. I also would complain about the lack of availability of the pictures if it would do any good. I know the one of Eugeo looks a little bishounen, but it's the only good one I have of him at that time. The only other one barely has his shoulder in it.

The Spell Cards are next.

I noticed today, with the upgrade to the cardmaker (notice the style change on the buttons?) the last digit in the stats fields are no longer being cut off. Nor anywhere else. I just finished saving the fixed versions of the cards to my files, so if requested I am willing to upload them and replace the current versions with them. If, however, you are willing to offer me feedback to improve my cards without me having to do this, I would greatly appreciate it. If you want to use the cards, let me know: the set will certainly have the versatility for most playing styles when I have added all the cards I have planned.

I've replaced most of the cut-off versions of the monster cards with the proper, post-fix versions.

I've also added a significant amount of Spell Cards, including a number of swords and even a few Sword Skills. I've included an effect on the swords that lets you send them to your hand while you level your monsters, but if you don't re-equip the sword right away it goes right into the Graveyard. Also, if you try to enhance a sword and can't pay the cost on the card, the result is failure or destruction of the weapon.

Please note that spells that are particular to a Fairy Tribe are to be found under the ALO spoiler. Also please note that there will be more to come.

While yugiohcardmaker was down I tried my hand at yugico. It's hard to tell whether the text sizing and placement is better and more legible most of the time. On the whole the cards appear a shade darker, and it won't let me change the circulation to 'unique' like I like to do. It's a good replacement for most cards while this service is down, but if I want to make my Unique cards, it's no good.

Could you please try to be more helpful than simply 'meh?'

My objective with this set, other than reflecting the characters and items as accurately as possible, is to make it versatile enough to support most player strategies.

Alright. I've finished adding the Spells, gone through the Traps, and added the Fusion Monsters I wanted to do. I figured I would skip any ones that include Yui because she's so much weaker, attack-wise, than anyone else -- and besides, I wouldn't have the room with which to reflect her detection abilities.

I've added the version of "Cross Spriggan Kirito Online" I made on Yugico so you can tell what I meant when I mentioned that certain things were good about it, and others not so much. I think you would need a lot of text on a card to make that size of text larger than than it would be here. So it's there for comparison, and because the gold lettering is cool.

This set will continue to be a work-in-progress as I continue to fine-tune it, and add more stuff as the story progresses. Currently I am lacking in cards for Alice (I'm waiting on feats to be shown for her), and for Asuna's Erika ALO account (I can't find a picture of that avatar). So for now, this rather expansive collection is it.

I have, however, been inspired to start a set for Accel World, which is related to Sword Art Online. Please look forward to it, and keep the constructive and helpful comments coming. Please.

Originally I planned to have some Fusion Monsters that involved Yui, but I dropped them because I figured she would drop the monsters's stats too much (I add them together then divide by the number of material monsters. Then I add 100 x the number of material, and any bonus they would have gained from each other's effects if they were still on the field separately. Then I round up or down). I decided to make a fusion card with Yui after all as an additional method of protecting her.

The result is "Coral Wings Online." It's 'Coral' because that's what the city and lake near their house on Floor 22 is called.

I also figured that it would be too crazy to have all those Kirito cards taking up valuable slots from other monsters. I went through the set to try to figure out which versions of the same level would be better to keep, and which to discard. I then altered the cards as appropriate, and the result is the set of 'Linear Mode' cards for Kirito, so we're no longer going down levels, unless you count the Fusion Monsters from the Alicization Arc.

This is the old sequence, which you can still use:

- Neophyte Kirito Online

- Kirito Online

- Vagabond Kirito Online

- BlackWyrm Kirito Online

- Cross Spriggan Kirito Online (fusion)

- Spriggan Kirito Online (reset)

- Kouken Kirito Online

- Calibur Kirito Online

- Run: Kirito Online (fusion)

- Turn: Kirito Online (fusion)

And here's Linear Mode, which I just added:

- Neophyte Kirito Online

- Kirito Online (now same pic as "Anneal Blade +6)"

- RuroKen Kirito Online (adjusted from "Vagabond Kirito Online)"

- Calibur Kirito Online (minor adjustments to effect)

- Run: Kirito Online (fusion, as before)

- Turn: Kirito Online (fusion, as before)

Much simpler, right? Until Alicization is done, the focus for Kirito is on his 'Calibur' version. The 'Turn' and 'Run' versions are essentially there in the case that he figures out the Incarnate System soon (or at least that's what it seems to be).

With so many cards it was hard to choose what to leave out of a deck. What's your style?

I decided to test my Online Defenders Deck against my Pony Friends Deck, and the ponies got seriously stomped. Luck was a factor, of course, but then the ODD's luck could not be much better or worse than the PFD's. The first thing I noticed is that unless I wanted to Special Summon the normal Level 4 version of a monster, the Neophytes were pretty difficult to use. Not in Overlay Summons in itself, but in getting the Level 4 card into my hand. If it wasn't already there, I had to switch the Neophyte to Defence Mode on its second turn, or shield it with a Spell or Trap.

The second thing I noticed was that as soon as I had 3 named cards in my Graveyard I could instantly summon Yuuki and Shiune. This became pretty funny when I realized that, because Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie had wiked out Agil, Pina, and Silica the only other monster I had out at that time was Asuna -- the Berserk Healer, that is. The Sleeping Knights really put the Ponies to bed.

The second time I managed to bring out "Calibur Kirito" together with "Senkou Asuna" and "Cait Sith Silica," but by then the duel was done. Between the attack boosts they got from each other, even the Neophyte versions of Lisbeth and Klein had enough power to take on any Level 4 Ponies. Get the right oens out, and these guys are powerful. I like. A lot.

And mind, I keep augmenting my decks with "Surprise Summons" and "Smiles for Swordsmen." I've never had to use the latter so far, although part of that is that I don't draw it.

I decided to test my Online Defenders Deck against my Pony Friends Deck, and the ponies got seriously stomped. Luck was a factor, of course, but then the ODD's luck could not be much better or worse than the PFD's. The first thing I noticed is that unless I wanted to Special Summon the normal Level 4 version of a monster, the Neophytes were pretty difficult to use. Not in Overlay Summons in itself, but in getting the Level 4 card into my hand. If it wasn't already there, I had to switch the Neophyte to Defence Mode on its second turn, or shield it with a Spell or Trap.

The second thing I noticed was that as soon as I had 3 named cards in my Graveyard I could instantly summon Yuuki and Shiune. This became pretty funny when I realized that, because Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie had wiked out Agil, Pina, and Silica the only other monster I had out at that time was Asuna -- the Berserk Healer, that is. The Sleeping Knights really put the Ponies to bed.

The second time I managed to bring out "Calibur Kirito" together with "Senkou Asuna" and "Cait Sith Silica," but by then the duel was done. Between the attack boosts they got from each other, even the Neophyte versions of Lisbeth and Klein had enough power to take on any Level 4 Ponies. Get the right oens out, and these guys are powerful. I like. A lot.

And mind, I keep augmenting my decks with "Surprise Summons" and "Smiles for Swordsmen." I've never had to use the latter so far, although part of that is that I don't draw it.

Did you use DN?  Or what site is it to test your custom deck on?

Ah, no. I print them up and run test duels. It can be tricky to track what negates what but that's how I figure out how each deck rates.

The Online Defenders' effects are certainly superior to the Ponies, and even the Avengers. Even if I was to dial the effect negation back, it's the summoning speed and protection that make all the difference. This time I did use "Smiles for Swordsmen," but I stopped Kirito in the "Calibur Kirito" form. Then I gave him Excaliber. Liz had Elucidator since earlier on. Defensive ponies like Fluttershy can't stand up to the original Beater, and the Avengers could not buy enough time to bring out a powerful form of Twilight when all they had were T'Challa, Carol (non-powered), and Spidey. Kirito had Asuna, Lisbeth, Leafa, and Klein for back-up. The only problem they had was when I gave Carol "Spider Armour Mk-II," which lets her pretty much seal everything you can do with 1 monster each turn, so I had her seal Liz. That worked until I got that "Smiles for Swordsmen" card. Then Liz Levelled Up. I had Kirito only show up just before I used "Smiles for Swordsmen." The hero always arrives just late enough to be useful, wouldn't you say?

I made two, my original 'Ala Alba Set' had a lot of Negi cards in the same way this set has lots of Kirito cards. Some of them also had overly-high ATK and DEF, so I lowered them in order to make my 'Ala Alba Reborn Set.' That's the one in my signature. You can follow the link in my Facebook account's signature to the original set as well if you like. Of course, if you have any feedback for me in regards to any of my sets, I welcome them.

I will certainly have to test my Online Defenders against my two most powerful decks: Aww Factor, from Cuteness Counterattack, and the revised Ala Alba itself, which I have always considered to be my most powerful deck.

• 1 month later...

You can post your cards in your own threads. But also you should be using the Image button (between Link and Code) to post the card images directly to your post so they can appear at full-size, and be easily read.

1. Upload your card images to an external image sharing website (ie: Imageshack, Photobucket)

2. One by one, copy each image URL and paste them into the dialogue boxes that appear when you click the Image button.

- to make the images appear faster, you can use the spacebar on your keyboard to move your cursor to the next line after you have pasted the image's URL.

3. Post.

You can also directly use the proper tags, which are like this, but with square brackets instead of round ones:

(img)fakepictureurl(/img)

And do like this to use Spoilers:

(spoiler=Fake Spoiler Name)seriesofcardurls(/spoiler)

And remember to use square brackets.

Do you have any feedback on my cards?

Archived