Life Point Dragon

EpicBoss99

Okay, for an OCG fix: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) if you have more than 8000 Life Points. When you lose Life Points: This card loses 500 ATK.

This card would see no use because of how situational it is. Life gain is not used these days so it would be unlikely to have more than 8000 Life Points. People don't really care to control or maintain their Life Points so it would be hard to actually use this card. Unless you made an Archetype that focused on Life Gain, this card is useless.

Okay, I see several things wrong with this card. For one, it's a Slippery Slope- because you have high Life Points, you can bring him out for free. Second- When you lose Life Points, he gains ATK. I mean, if he started with low ATK points, then it'd be OK, but in this case, he has a decent ATK, plus, due to his effect, you're going to have lots of Life Points to lose, so he's easily supplied. This card is a little broken, but I probably wouldn't use it, because of the fact that you have to be in a good position for him to do anything useful. I suppose he can be summoned otherwise, but then it's probably going to be a waste of a tribute.

My advice? Either cut his ATK, or make him Summoned under different terms, like if you have less than 4000 Life Points, or more than 5000, or something that isn't so specific.

Now it's actually decent. It makes Pleiades with Cydra, it's relatively easy to summon but not so easy to summon that you can bust him out turn 1, and the lack of high ATK means that it isn't an OTK-enabler, just an extra deck toolboxer. Overa well-designed card, albeit subpar meta-wise.

Archived