RP&D: Roleplay and Development

Aix

RPampD_zpse18c593b.png

[hr]Welcome
[hr]Welcome to Roleplay & Development, the RP Group Host/Group Planning Club. Here is the place where we throw all our ideas together, brainstorm and combine our efforts to bring YCM the best Roleplays it has ever seen and ever will see. Everyone is welcome to join and to help, everyone's input and opinions will be considered and reconsidered as we chisel out RP Masterpieces, everyone can take a role, or help with multiple roles, whether to flesh out the plot, create NPCs, aid in worldbuilding, create banner/logos and possible other visuals for Roleplays or even simply take part in the Roleplays as Roleplays cannot get off the ground without people to join them.

While we are at it, as of now, we are also discussing stories and fics that would go in the Story Writing and Story Planning section, because of how similar Story Planning may be to RP Planning.
[hr][spoiler=Rules]We're all here to have fun, creativity may know no bounds, but there are still boundaries that we, as forum members, must respect. All of this should be obvious to you, so there shouldn't be any excuses for anyone who breaks a rule.

• All YCM Rules apply and they can be found here: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/213935-the-rules-of-ycm/. You should have read them anyway when you joined this forum.
  • Do not flame, insult, belittle or otherwise be disrespectful to fellow members, even if you do not agree with what they are saying or their opinions. Everyone has the right to speak their mind here and display their creativity.
  • No trolling or spamming with the intent of filling this thread with useless posts.
  • I have the right to add and/or modify these rules and you must follow them.
  • Use common sense. This is perhaps the most important rule as it covers more or less everything above. You should know if what you are doing is wrong.

[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Applications]Here are the two formal applications to get stuff done around here.[hr][spoiler="Membership Application"]Here's the simple application form to apply to this club. See my application (found in Member List) for an example.[hr](Insert Username Here)
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: (Do you like Fantasy? Sci-Fi?)
Preferred Character Type: (What type of character do you play? The silent and reclusive? The happy-go-lucky?)
Skills: (Ways you can contribute and what you are good at. Don't worry if this list isn't very long, we always can fit you in.)[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="RP Project Application"]This is for asking for help on an RP project.[hr](Name of RP)
Genre: (Fantasy? Sci-fi? Mafia?)
Plot: (So what's happening that makes it such a big deal worth having an RP about?)
Setting: (Where does this take place? Time period? What sort of level of technology?)
What you need help with: (What you actually need help with, what it would be best to leave it in the hands of other people to give suggestions and such. Do you need arcs? Worldbuilding?)[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Story Project App"]If you want advice on story-writing and stuff. [hr](Name of Story)
Genre/Themes:
Plot:
Setting:
What you need help with:[/spoiler][/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Member List"]List of our members and their interests and abilities.
[hr][spoiler=AixDivadis]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Fantasy and anything with good worldbuilding and a good plot.
Preferred Character Type: I can play any type of role and have no real preferences.
Skills: I typically can shoot out plots rather easily and I can design logos (as you can see with this club logo).[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=DaWeirdGuy]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Any type really, as long as it's not based of some pop-culture thing that I dont know anything about. And even then, some I'll still join. Fantasy's the best though. Western ones are cool too, but underplayed.
Preferred Character Type: Most types, really. I dont play a brilliant female character, but it's not terrible. Psychos are the most fun to play, but quiet, intelligent friendly guys are possibly my most sucessful.
Skills: I'm decent at world-building, and have quite a bit of experience with RPs. I'm a little rusty, but meh. I know how RPs run and whatnot, and what makes a sucessful RP.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=RogueZero]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Mostly Fantasy, but I enjoy Sci-Fi too XD
Preferred Character Type: Of Course the Happy-go-Lucky Type XD
Skills: Well, can't say I'm good at something, but at least I have my Imagination XD[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Lombax Loki (Thar)"]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Fantasy is my primary preference because of its simplicity. I'd say a good secondary preference would be real-world.
Preferred Character Type: I started majorly with the silent and burly type, but I progressed to play as either the peaceful healer or the scrawny intelligent type. Nowadays I am accustomed to playing as the hardy female with an attitude that says "don't f*ck with me."
Skills: I am a decent writer when I actually get down to it. I also enjoy plotting stories as well as implementing ideas and characters that would fit in the subject at hand.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Renegade]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Fantasy. Really anything that has to do with superpowers/magic.
Preferred Character Type: Of all the characters I've played, being the young, annoying 'little brother' type character is the most fun.
Skills: Well I count myself to be a pretty decent RPer and I love to write/plan RPs, so I can always help there. And I am always willing to give my opinion/critiques on any piece of writing.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Barian Warlord"]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Varies but mostly what I feel like at the moment, but really almost anything
Preferred Character Type: Varies but I like villains and cold characters but probably rp best as helpful characters IDK
Skills: Remembers useless things which may help make an RP more interesting[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Kingdom Star"]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: I haven't role played enough to have a real preference, but I'll just go with fantasy since the ones I have role played in have had fantasy elements in them.
Preferred Character Type: I like to play the comedic idiot character but I also like to play the serious take no sh*t from anyone type of character. 
Skills: I have some GFX skills, but that's very minimal.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Lujan Solo"]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: I have no real preference.
Preferred Character Type: I find the characters I like the most are the kind who think, to quote Twisted Fate from LoL, "Cheater is just a fancy word for winner." Not above cheap shots, poisons, and bribery. They know how the world works and are more than willing to exploit it for their needs.
Skills: Making characters, making story concepts, good at bouncing ideas off of.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=encapturer]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Sci-fi, or anything with a supernatural factor. Prefer original RPs as opposed to those based in some sort of canon, unless it is far enough removed that I don't feel constrained.
Preferred Character Type: All of my characters tend to have a heroic bent, or at least they have some sort of noble personality. Villains occasionally, but never a villainous one. They all tend towards brains instead of brawn as well, rarely having powerful strength or a overwhelming ability.
Skills: Tough one. I've hosted a few RPs before, of various quality, so I know how frustrating and rewarding and difficult it can be. Planning is my strong suit, I think, which is useful even if (when) things deviate beyond what was plotted out. Experimentation as well, but haven't gotten much chance to try that out.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Sapphyre]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types:  Favorite would Pokemon RP, with Fantasy and Yugioh a close second, but really I apply in anything that’s good.
Preferred Character Type: Female characters, I also enjoying playing an antagonist when possible. I’ve done a few of the shy boy types.
Skills: I can spit out plots like nobodies’ business, I’m good with character and plot development and, I think at least, that I can make original characters… for the most part. [/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Rinne]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Anything, really, although I tend towards the more low-tech or grounded in reality RPs.
Preferred Character Type: Once again, anything really. Filling lesser-used demographics seems to be a skill of mine, though.
Skills: Well, I can tell you if you're breaking the section rules or not. P:[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Jake the Sage"]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Any but I prefer Fantasy above all
Preferred Character Type: Any
Skills: Well for one I am not only incredibly literate but I have an odd habit of improving a role-play I am in by adding interesting characters and twists[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Piercer of the Heavens"]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types:  Fantasy, and Sci-Fi
Preferred Character Type: I tend do go with a humble warrior. I also like to RP with a female character.
Skills: I can shoot out random plots(as in make a blueprints for the skeleton) and I have been told by friends that I am some what good at filling in sections of stories where one can be stuck on.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Justice Master"]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: I want to say all genres, but that feels like a bit of a cop out. I'd say Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and most Cyberpunk variants.
Preferred Character Type: I've always been a person to try and play some of the more complex characters. Not necessarily one type of person that's withdrawn or another that's really loving of the world, but the ones that are beyond that. In short, I like the characters that fall within the shades of gray in one way or another.
Skills: I suppose I've had a quite a few RP ideas and concepts now and then, so I could contribute a few and add some criticism. I'm also a student learning Cinema 4D and a bit of Adobe After Effects.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Double C4"]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: In all honestly, I prefer both original and pop-culture RPs (including anime ones for both styles) as long as they are within the realms of the Fantasy, Drama, Action and Adventure genres (as long as the story, setting, plot points and the like all peak my interests).
Preferred Character Type: Depending on what genre it may be, it'll differ at times, but the concept for my characters will be the same: a caring guy who does anything for his friends so that they positively benefit from his good deeds. In a sense, it's basically me without the fear of taking action.
Skills: I myself am okay with world building, and can create some places with their own stories and such, but I think I'm the best at character development, as long as said character is the kind that I myself can change in such a way that works with the plot. I can also create plot twists if the inspiration is within the plot given.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Gabriel Maeso"]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: I can go on happily with any genres, fantasy, sci fi, romance, literaly any as long as I know what's it about.
Preferred Character Type: Hmmm that a hard question, I do have a manga that I write, draw and sell on my own, so I have to come up with all kinds of characters and since they need to be used I kinda that have to get really into each one of them in persona, actions and spirit, so just like I can go with any genres, I can go fine with pretty much most types of characters.(EDIT: I also like to grow/change my character's persona/world views/oppinions/etc. trough the story, making it a bit more human.)
Skills: Well I can manage to hold and run smootly with more than one character(non-NPCs and NPCs), make up plots, I do like and got quite good on building whole worlds in details for some RPs I made in the past, I can draw and lineart very well(but that can take some time), and since I hate to waste ideas, I always end up finding a way to make old or rejected ideas usable and new, I also like to lave and make clift hangers situations.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Simdoggy]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Sci-Fi and Fantasy are what I like the most, as well as any related to an anime or manga i've watched/read, and of course the Yugioh Rp's as well.
Preferred Character Type: I usually tend to go with the always calm/collected style character, though I can play a variety of characters. I usually play teenagers, though I don't really have any preference on age, and I usually choose the gender commpletely on whim, or on what style of character I want to make.
Skills: I'm rather good at creating characters, and helping to keep the RPs going, having been mainly around that section for my time here, and I would consider myself decent at helping to build the world of an RP ready for later use.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Merciful Idiot"]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Fantasy and Sci-Fi, and Romance, and Adventure, and Mystery, and Action, and just about everything else. Anything goes.
Preferred Character Type: Most of the time, I make eccentric, ignorant and outgoing people. In most cases, I make the effort to have my character stand out amongst everyone else, so I have a pretty wide range of maniacal characters. Not that they're all eccentric, mind you. Also, most of the time, my character ends up as the main antagonist even when it's not my RP. Apparently, I'm good at playing main antagonists.
Skills: Jack-of-all-trades. Banners, editing, writing- actually, I love writing so you can call me an Ace at that, and I'm currently working on a novel. I also consider myself skilled at roleplaying too *points to Legend Blood and Return of the Orichalcos*.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Judge Frollo"]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Prefer fantasy, but meh. If it catches my attention I'll look at it.
Preferred Character Type: Stereotypes are for the people who are new to RP'ing. Characters shouldn't be so easy to summarize.
Skills: I'm that guy who just points out flaws with s***. If something doesn't make sense, I'll call someone out on it.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Lilly Satou"]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Primarily Fantasy, preferably mixed with a modern-day setting.
Preferred Character Type: The (literally) silent type who has little to no lines, the hot-tempered type and maybe twins, preferably opposing twins.
Skills: I have average-tier skill in RPing. I have plot ideas, although they sometimes end up being not very original.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Tattered Sleeves]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Heavy Conspiracy/Politics, Hard D&D Style Fantasy, Romance
Preferred Character Type: Tsunderes, Cloud Cuckoolanders, Villains, and Large Boisterous Support characters
[spoiler=Skills]The forum's RP section has devolved into a heap of unoriginal ideas and choppy, dying, half-assed RPs. I've seen one or two good ideas out of the dozens I've looked at since I rejoined the site a few days ago.

I can bring ideas to the table that arent just another RP based on some popular anime or videogame that we've all seen a million times over. (Pokemon, Yugioh, Naruto, Sonic, Bleach, Kingdom Hearts...the list goes on.) But good ideas are nothing without someone breathing life into them. If I can get people who are seriously motivated to tell a good story that none of the players will ever forget, then I can give you the templates needed to write that one story.

I've been a Forum RPer for two and a half years and a Tabletop GM who handwrote all of his campaigns for seven years (each campaign a rousing success, I'm so grateful to my players for that). But in all honesty my "skill" if it can be called that, is that I really and truly love the stories that can unfold in an RP. I have seen so many stories go beautifully well. This forum treated me right a few years ago when I first found the place, now that I've got the spare time i really want to give back to the RP section.[/spoiler][/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Chaos Sonic"]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Currently been taking interest in Anime based RPs, thanks to Kyng and Blu
Preferred Character Type: I've gone through many of character types. Mostly hero types (when Im the host of the RP) to even the shy guy in the corner. I usually have more than one specific type.
[spoiler=Skills:]Story development: I have come up with great story ideas for different parts of RPs, even creating a nice plot line when I can.
Theme Music/BGM: Kyng has often called me "Mr. Music", as I have the uncanny ability to find great music to fit any mood in the RP (being them Anime, Games, or even actual instrumental music).
RP Experience: I've been RPing on YCM for a long bit of time and thanks to members (such as Kyng, Jake the Sage, Aisu to name a few), my skills in RPs have gotten exceedingly better than they were when I first started.[/spoiler][/spoiler][hr][spoiler="The Hunter Within"]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Fantasy/Post-Apocalyptic/Realistic/Zombies
Preferred Character Type: The silent guy that tends to disappear and reappear at random intervals.
Skills: I can write plots to an extent, and I can give advice on particular aspects of an rp, such as plots, applications and such.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Tormented]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Medieval Fantasy
Preferred Character Type: Dark Mysterious mastermind
Skills: Just to get across good RPs etc.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Neph]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Post-Apocalyptic, Fantasy, Survival, Suspense/Thriller-esque stuff, etc. I don't really like fandoms though, and tend to stick to originals, although some elements of my original RPs might've been based off of other things.
Preferred Character Type: I like playing a complex villain role if possible, but usually that's not allowed. Otherwise, I play a sort of 'disconnected'/mildly apathetic kind of character, but grows to become friendlier over time. However, I can play a lot of roles probably. I usually play a male role, but I can manage a female role easily enough as well. Ages? Around a teen probably. Give or take around 3-4? (Years).
Skills: Happening to think up plots people like? Characters? IDK.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Gendo Ikari/TFF]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Science Fiction, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Digimon, and other anime
Preferred Character Type: Any type of character works for me.
Skills: World-Building and Background Creation[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Parsee][/spoiler][hr][spoiler=SoulFire]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: All
Preferred Character Type: I prefer awkward characters that tend to make situations out of nothing.
Skills: Brainstorming and Roleplaying[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=KnightBuster]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: I'm fine with anything really. Fantasy is fun, but I wouldn't say no to a thrilling sci-fi game.
Preferred Character Type: I find that, in my history as an RPer, I normally play the quiet, yet intelligent girls. Which is usually why I play roles like healers or some such. But I've recently gotten into playing raving mad lunatics. Villains are just so much more fun to write for, I find.
Skills: I can't run an RP myself because I end up losing interest. This is why I normally only play in games and never create them. Which is sad, because I often do talk with the GMs about RP ideas or just shoot fanfic ideas with friends. I'm relatively good to bounce ideas off of.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Final Fantasy Revolution"]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: I favor Role Plays that are interesting and original; something that isn't based off of an anime or a manga. However, I will join those types if I can add a character that will put a new spin on old ways. Basically, I'll join almost anything if I am allowed to make the character I have in mind for that particular Role Play.

Preferred Character Type: Cold and mysterious usually, however, I'm growing attached to characters who are just completely and ridiculously insane recently. I could probably play almost anything as long as I'm having a good time.

Skills: I've been around this site fairly long and have Role Played my fair share of Role Plays and have done so with some of the members here. I've worked well with most but some have disliked my style in the past but everyone is entitled to their own opinion and no one is perfect so I have no regrets here. My hosting abilities are good, the story I weave has always been acceptable but the frequency in which I can weave said story has always been trouble. A job will do that to a man. Anyway, if you can accept my cons with my pros, I'll deliver my best every time.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Satsui no Hadou"]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Casual roleplay settings for character development. I've heard them referred to as sandbox rp's? I also like swords, sword-chucks, sword-sword-sworditty Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and ACtion/Adventure type roleplays.
Preferred Character Type: The type of character I play is usually the social type, with varitions that go from calm and analytical, to energetic and rushing straight into things.

Skills: I can give crit on rp development, plot, writing, characters, what-have-you. Some might disagree with me, but meh, that's them.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Multiloquent]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Medieval Fantasy; Dragons and Wizards.
Preferred Character Type: Usually an arrogant character that likes to argue with others for the sake of arguing.
Skills: I am quite good at articulating what I need to say and can come up with ideas easily.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=TehTeaKing]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Fantasy/serious  (I do remember being in a zombie apocolypse rp, and a pokemon rp long ago, those were quite good  :) Also, preferably not any based on any anime/story/thing I've never encountered, because I'd just be useless really XD)
Preferred Character Type: Would have to be serious, quiet one, but don't get me wrong, love, passion, and care this guy can feel for his friends and loved ones is present also  :P

Skills: I'll try throw in some ideas if I can, I've heard I'm alright at "creative writing", have composed many poems in the past. Yeah at this point I don't really know where I'm heading, but I'll figure it out, with some guidance of course ^-^[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Hakase]Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Fantasy, War, Sci-Fi, Anime-Based. Honestly, I'm into most everything as long as it flows and people are proficient in their actions and performance. I like to feel like I'm reading an actual story as I scroll through each post.
Preferred Character Type: My typical character is adjusted based off the story line. Who is currently enrolled in the RP? What is the basis of the story? How many people are already listed as these type of people? I am not one to settle down on just one character type. I enjoy being the arrogant, saucy type. Other times, I enjoy being the kind, heart-warming type. It varies based off where the story begins, my emotion at the time, the creativity which flows through my fingertips. I am not set to one character type.
Skills: I'm exceptionally gifted in matters of grammar and spelling. I also have some type of activity that seems to work in my brain; No matter how bad someone's grammar may be, I can find a way to figure out what they're saying. I feel this may spring from having so many friends in the ESL Program. I help them rewrite their rough drafts in order to receive a better grade on their final draft. I am quite the kind soul. Haha. No, but in all seriousness, I enjoy RPing. I have been RPing for years. I find that it is a wonderful outlet for emotion and to enrich your writing skills. The community who writes stories, the people who perform in the RPs. I cannot deny that I have flaws, as everybody does, but I can promise that I will be willing to participate in RPs actively, and exceed expectations for the sake of a more progressive and enticing story. (:[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=CrystalKing]Preferred Roleplay Genres: Fantasy is my favorite, but I also like most others if they flow well and have a good story.
Preferred Character Type: I usually play as the powerful mage-knight that seeks for knowledge no matter the difficulty of obtaining it. Either that or i'll be the one to stab anyone's neck I feel like just to take their gold (yes, I could just pickpocket, but where's the fun in that?) I usually make both types in every thing I play/write.
Skills: I have many RPG's under my belt and a lot of experience in coming up with stuff on the fly. I can pretty much form a story's plot in under an hour, and make character's personalities the next. And i'm a decent writer so, I always try to check for errors in spelling and grammar.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler='DragoLiza']Preferred Genre(s): Fantasy, Fantasy, FANTASY!

Preferred Character Type: Stealthy, cunning, deadly. Those three cover the basics, but my characters can get much more in-depth than that. And they usually ride dragons. Alignment changes depending on the world they are in.

Skills: Hmmm... I love role-playing. Do it a lot. I canz write reeally goodly. [/spoiler][hr][spoiler='AinSoph/InfiniteRainbow/Toyo's Alt']Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: High Fantasy/Low Fantasy genre, but I also like Urban Fantasy genre, albeit not as much.

Preferred Character Type: Ignorant, happy go lucky casual character, a jack of all, master of none. Or a scammer. 

Skills: Aaah, I'm still really new at this business, but I might be able to help formulating ideas for setting.[/spoiler][/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Club Projects"]Here will be the list of everything we are working on with links for convenient and easy access. We don't currently have any projects, however, look above at the poll and we can start a big group collaborative.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Roleplay Tools"]Here is where I'll be putting stuff like RP Templates, Application Templates, Useful Links and other things that may be of use.[hr][spoiler="Roleplay Templates"]It's a lot easier to work from a template then typing everything up from scratch.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Application Templates"]Different RPs may require different Templates.[hr][spoiler=AixDivadis s Horizontal Rule Template'][hr][spoiler="Personal Info"]Name:
Gender: [/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Appearance]What does your character look like? 4 lines minimum[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Personality][/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Backstory]Your character's background and biography. 4 lines minimum[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Combat Info"][hr][spoiler="Primary Weapon"]What is your character's main weapon? Describe their capabilities[/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Fighting Style"]How does your character typically fight?[/spoiler[hr][spoiler=Equipment]Any other equipment, armour or weapons they may have?[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Skills/Techniques]List here any non-magical passive skills and techniques related to combat.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler=Power]Any supernatural powers they may possess goes here. Describe how it works and their limits.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Other Stuff"]Anything else that is not included above should go here.[/spoiler][hr]

[hr][spoiler='Personal Info'][b]Name:[/b] 
[b]Age:[/b] 
[b]Gender:[/b] [/spoiler][hr][spoiler='Appearance']What does your character look like? 4 lines minimum[/spoiler][hr][spoiler='Personality'][/spoiler][hr][spoiler='Backstory']Your character's background and biography. 4 lines minimum[/spoiler][hr][spoiler='Combat Info'][hr][spoiler='Primary Weapon']What is your character's main weapon? Describe their capabilities[/spoiler][hr][spoiler='Fighting Style']How does your character typically fight?[/spoiler][hr][spoiler='Equipment']Any other equipment, armour or weapons they may have?[/spoiler][hr][spoiler='Skills/Techniques']List here any non-magical passive skills and techniques related to combat.[/spoiler][hr][spoiler='Power']Any supernatural powers they may possess goes here. Describe how it works and their limits.[/spoiler][/spoiler][hr][spoiler='Other Stuff']Anything else that is not included above should go here.[/spoiler][hr]

[/spoiler][/spoiler][hr][spoiler="Useful Links"]RP Character Creation Guide: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/248851-rp-character-creation-guide/.
[/spoiler][/spoiler][hr]

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DaWeirdGuy

Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Any type really, as long as it's not based of some pop-culture thing that I dont know anything about. And even then, some I'll still join. Fantasy's the best though. Western ones are cool too, but underplayed.

Preferred Character Type: Most types, really. I dont play a brilliant female character, but it's not terrible. Psychos are the most fun to play, but quiet, intelligent friendly guys are possibly my most sucessful.

Skills: I'm decent at world-building, and have quite a bit of experience with RPs. I'm a little rusty, but meh. I know how RPs run and whatnot, and what makes a sucessful RP.

Lombax Loki (Thar)

Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Fantasy is my primary preference because of its simplicity. I'd say a good secondary preference would be real-world.

Preferred Character Type: I started majorly with the silent and burly type, but I progressed to play as either the peaceful healer or the scrawny intelligent type. Nowadays I am accustomed to playing as the hardy female with an attitude that says "don't f*ck with me." 

Skills: I am a decent writer when I actually get down to it. I also enjoy plotting stories as well as implementing ideas and characters that would fit in the subject at hand.

~Renegade~
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Fantasy. Really anything that has to do with superpowers/magic. 
Preferred Character Type: Of all the characters I've played, being the young, annoying 'little brother' type character is the most fun. 
Skills: Well I count myself to be a pretty decent RPer and I love to write/plan RPs, so I can always help there. And I am always willing to give my opinion/critiques on any piece of writing.

Barian Warlord

Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Varies but mostly what I feel like at the moment, but really almost anything

Preferred Character Type: Varies but I like villains and cold characters but probably rp best as helpful characters IDK

Skills: Remembers useless things which may help make an RP more interesting

Kingdom Star
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: I haven't role played enough to have a real preference, but I'll just go with fantasy since the ones I have role played in have had fantasy elements in them.
Preferred Character Type: I like to play the comedic idiot character but I also like to play the serious take no sh*t from anyone type of character. 
Skills: I have some GFX skills, but that's very minimal.  

[spoiler='Attenshun plz (Ignore this spoiler)']

DaWeirdGuy

Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Any type really, as long as it's not based of some pop-culture thing that I dont know anything about. And even then, some I'll still join. Fantasy's the best though. Western ones are cool too, but underplayed.

Skills: I'm decent at world-building, and have quite a bit of experience with RPs. I'm a little rusty, but meh. I know how RPs run and whatnot, and what makes a sucessful RP.

RogueZero

Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Mostly Fantasy, but I enjoy Sci-Fi too XD

Preferred Character Type: Of Course the Happy-go-Lucky Type XD

Skills: Well, can't say I'm good at something, but at least I have my Imagination XD

Lombax Loki (Thar)

Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Fantasy is my primary preference because of its simplicity. I'd say a good secondary preference would be real-world.

Preferred Character Type: I started majorly with the silent and burly type, but I progressed to play as either the peaceful healer or the scrawny intelligent type. Nowadays I am accustomed to playing as the hardy female with an attitude that says "don't f*ck with me." 

Skills: I am a decent writer when I actually get down to it. I also enjoy plotting stories as well as implementing ideas and characters that would fit in the subject at hand.

~Renegade~
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Fantasy. Really anything that has to do with superpowers/magic. 
Skills: Well I count myself to be a pretty decent RPer and I love to write/plan RPs, so I can always help there. And I am always willing to give my opinion/critiques on any piece of writing.

Barian Warlord

Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Varies but mostly what I feel like at the moment, but really almost anything

Skills: Remembers useless things which may help make an RP more interesting

Kingdom Star
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: I haven't role played enough to have a real preference, but I'll just go with fantasy since the ones I have role played in have had fantasy elements in them.
Skills: I have some GFX skills, but that's very minimal.  

[/spoiler]

First of all, y'all are accepted.

Secondly, I have added an application form for submitting project ideas. You should take a look at it (under Applications).

Thirdly, I have a proposal for a High Fantasy RP.

[hr]

Arturia (Can't actually think of a good name)

Genre: High/Epic Fantasy, Action, Adventure.

Themes: Fate, Magic, Destiny

Plot: The basic plot would be searching for the future King Arthur, but of course, there are more complex stuff involved. Despite such a "noble" goal, you can be anyone as you will be drawn together by faate.

Setting: The kingdom which I have yet to decide a name for. It is set in a fantasy environment with multiple different races.

What you need help with: Worldbuilding, I really also need names and I decided that I'd rather not have the conventional races, though it could be similar races with a twist. I also need more substance in this RP/different arcs to fill it up, and I will be able to tie it in with the plots and secret subplot(s). I also need people to do these arcs and co-host. This will be a group-hosted RP.

Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: I have no real preference.
Preferred Character Type: I find the characters I like the most are the kind who think, to quote Twisted Fate from LoL, "Cheater is just a fancy word for winner." Not above cheap shots, poisons, and bribery. They know how the world works and are more than willing to exploit it for their needs.
Skills: Making characters, making story concepts, good at bouncing ideas off of.

Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: I have no real preference.
Preferred Character Type: I find the characters I like the most are the kind who think, to quote Twisted Fate from LoL, "Cheater is just a fancy word for winner." Not above cheap shots, poisons, and bribery. They know how the world works and are more than willing to exploit it for their needs.
Skills: Making characters, making story concepts, good at bouncing ideas off of.

I have a proposal for a High Fantasy RP.

Arturia (Can't actually think of a good name)

Genre: High/Epic Fantasy, Action, Adventure.

Themes: Fate, Magic, Destiny

Plot: The basic plot would be searching for the future King Arthur, but of course, there are more complex stuff involved. Despite such a "noble" goal, you can be anyone as you will be drawn together by faate.

Setting: The kingdom which I have yet to decide a name for. It is set in a fantasy environment with multiple different races.

What you need help with: Worldbuilding, I really also need names and I decided that I'd rather not have the conventional races, though it could be similar races with a twist. I also need more substance in this RP/different arcs to fill it up, and I will be able to tie it in with the plots and secret subplot(s). I also need people to do these arcs and co-host. This will be a group-hosted RP.

I like the role play idea. I also like the name "Arturia" since it could be the name of the kingdom since King Arthur founded it as it would branch of his name "Arthur" "Arturia". Do you understand what I'm saying? The RP title could be called "The Legend of Arturia: Quest for the next ruler" or something along those lines. 

"The Legend of Arturia: Quest for the next ruler"

I was thinking something more flavorful, like let's say "Arturia: the Diamond in the Rough" or "Arturia: the Resting Sun", something along those lines. Not too profound but not too remote.

Zero's idea has my vote if it comes down to it.

I could definitely help with the worldbuilding stuff, if I can get off my arse to do it. xD You wanting a very diverse land with many different environments, which I can possibly split into many different cultures and kingdoms, or a land like Britain, like the old Arthurian Legends, with a very simple landscape and while there are a few different cultures and kingdoms, they all have similarities and stuff.

The formor would be more interesting, latter would be more true to the original tales.

Also, what sort of time period would you preferably set this story in? Because I imagine almost any Arthurian-esque tale to be set in a rather medieval time, with swords and magic and stuff. However, a modern day tale would possibly be interesting and different; though personally I'm prone to getting annoyed with them. Though that's mainly for mundane reasons that wont come up here.

There's also a case of the current ruling system? Since there is currently a search for the next king arthur, that probably means there is not a totally unified nation, instead possibly multiple different ruling parties ruling different areas of the land? For example, one could be a total democracy, one could be a barbaric tribe state. Even a matriarchy would be interesting - with their 'nation' set in a giant forest spanning many miles, where these tribes of people live, ruled instead by the women instead of the men (Based off of Amazonian tales, obviously).

Yeah, I'm more than willing to do some world-building here. xD I'd say you could possibly rely on me for that, if I wasn't so prone to procrastination. xD But I'm honestly extremely interested in this now.

EDIT

In fact, I like the Idea of a divided nation.

Idea:

A hundred years or so, before the current point, the land was unified under a single leader, a kind, benevolent and powerful ruler who kept the peace. It may not have been a perfect utopia, but it was a decent and fair society.

But that King, a descendant from a long line of Arthurian monarchs - men and women descended from the Great King Arthur, hero of the realm and the greatest king of all time - died with no offspring, and his line was lost. Without a monarch to take his place, the kingdom fell into disarray, and divided into multiple offshoots and realms.

Recently, scholars have found a second line of descendancy from the Great old king, and a race to find the long lost descendant is on. To either save and rise to the throne, or to kill, for the sake of the rulers of the different realms and maintain their flimsy control over their smaller realms.

Obviously it would need fleshing out and improving. But for a basic plot and stuff. (perhaps a bit cliché, but it seemed good enough.)

encapturer

Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Sci-fi, or anything with a supernatural factor. Prefer original RPs as opposed to those based in some sort of canon, unless it is far enough removed that I don't feel constrained.
Preferred Character Type: All of my characters tend to have a heroic bent, or at least they have some sort of noble personality. Villains occasionally, but never a villainous one. They all tend towards brains instead of brawn as well, rarely having powerful strength or a overwhelming ability.
Skills: Tough one. I've hosted a few RPs before, of various quality, so I know how frustrating and rewarding and difficult it can be. Planning is my strong suit, I think, which is useful even if (when) things deviate beyond what was plotted out. Experimentation as well, but haven't gotten much chance to try that out.

With Arturia, I'd suggest keeping things within the country to start; it's an ambitious project, and one I'd hate to see fail due to things becoming too complex too fast. Custom races... maybe have the RPers come up with some at creation time? Would require a bit more setup in the OOC thread, but would fit the theme of a group-hosted RP.

I actually haven't tested whether or not custom races would work and it would be hard on DaWeirdGuy, but at the very least, you guys in this group can all suggest races. While it would be a twist to have it set in modern times... I'm rather bored of that setting at the moment and I really want to see a good full-out fantasy to the extent of being LOTR or even D&D level. Cultures... well it's a lot more fun to have diversity right? And with that we can also incorporate more racism drama.

I think I will go with Arthur being the original king who united the lands, that way we can show how far the kingdom has deteriorated.

Arc-wise, I suppose I could base a lot of them off of different Arthurian legends.

Sapphyre
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types:  Favorite would Pokemon RP, with Fantasy and Yugioh a close second, but really I apply in anything that’s good.
Preferred Character Type: Female characters, I also enjoying playing an antagonist when possible. I’ve done a few of the shy boy types.

Skills: I can spit out plots like nobodies’ business, I’m good with character and plot development and, I think at least, that I can make original characters… for the most part. 

Rinne
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Anything, really, although I tend towards the more low-tech or grounded in reality RPs.
Preferred Character Type: Once again, anything really. Filling lesser-used demographics seems to be a skill of mine, though.
Skills: Well, I can tell you if you're breaking the section rules or not. P:

Well, we've already hit the big time. xD Rinne's here!

Anyway, so we're basing it in one country then? I would assume this will be some sort of alternate reality/world, so we wont be wanting a very 'British' kingdom for our characters...?

Anyway, I guess I'll get started on some main areas for the characters. I dont know about an overview of the entire land, small areas are probably what I'm best at starting on. The Capital will be first, I guess.

Thoughts: If people are gonna be off "searching for the king," I think it'd be wise to have some predetermined factions at the beginning for characters to join. Everyone just wandering about and doing their own thing rarely bodes well. Nationalism is also a very recent thing in political structures - before that, people identified more with a common religion or spirituality than a common heritage. You'll really need to push the feudal system to get things to work here, so maybe enforce some racism and discrimination between the various races? Slave-owning maybe as well? It would also open up some hostilities and conflict early on, which'd allow for character development.

No British Kyngdom.

Anyone know a place to make fantasy maps, or will I have to do it by hand?

Hm, slavery... that's an idea, slave-owning could be possibly introduced by the villain, as he would have had to find a way to obtain his own forces, which he could have contacted and contracted mercenary and slave companies in exchange for the allowance of slavery into Arthuria (let's call it Arthuria to prevent confusion).

Well, we've already hit the big time. xD Rinne's here!

Anyway, so we're basing it in one country then? I would assume this will be some sort of alternate reality/world, so we wont be wanting a very 'British' kingdom for our characters...?

Anyway, I guess I'll get started on some main areas for the characters. I dont know about an overview of the entire land, small areas are probably what I'm best at starting on. The Capital will be first, I guess.

DaWeirdGuy, btw, what do you write this stuff down on?

So, the main idea is searching for the new King right?

so how bout this then?

Because of the death of the late king, the one who are now controlling the kingdom of "Whatever the name is" is his advisory (or maybe you can call him the villain), who eventually planned to take the Kingdom for himself, thus begin to make his people, slaves. He begin to call himself god and forced people to worship him.

[spoiler=application] Jake the Sage
Preferred Roleplay Genres/Types: Any but I prefer Fantasy above all
Preferred Character Type: Any
Skills: Well for one I am not only incredibly literate but I have an odd habit of improving a role-play I am in by adding interesting characters and twists

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=RP Project Application]

Struggle of Powers II

Genre: Fantasy, Adventure, Action, etc.

Plot:

A continuation of the first Struggle of Powers . . .

It has been ten years since both the Northern and Southern Legendary were killed in combat. Old friends and enemies have filled in the void of power left in the Legendary's wake, but now the dying words of the Southern Legendary seem to be coming true, "Fear the demons of the East . . ."

With raids alongside both sides the new Northern Republic appears to be in crisis . . .

It is up to you to forge an alliance with the Southern Republic and defeat the Western Empire!

Setting: 30XX, the continents have been smashed together by the brute force of the Supers, leaving the world as one massive continent. Technology varies in each region from swords to automatic weapons, with a few possessing plasma weapons.

What you need help with:

I need help with, chiefly, being able to get a list of Super Powers figured out by the following

Capability

Application

Limitations

if a power has no other application or limitations it doesn't need to be filled out.

[/spoiler]

Archived