Deck Recipe: Galaxy's Twilight

You just shoved a whole bunch of random cards into a 60 card Deck. The most cards you should ever, ever have is 43, I typically opt for 40 or 41. Cut out the random crap like Trap Hole... who ever uses Trap Hole any more?

who ever uses Trap Hole any more?

I Do, it's helped me out tons of times, probably beacause nobody expects it.

Now unless you really need them, i would take out the crashbugs, you should try another Galaxy-eyes, to use Galaxy Knight's effect better.

Now Counter Counter is good, but you do have 2 other things in there that negate traps, so maybe consider something to stop spells, a card i reccomend is Magic Drain.

It's a strange deck, but i like it.

But i must ask, why is Simochi in there?

You just shoved a whole bunch of random cards into a 60 card Deck. The most cards you should ever, ever have is 43, I typically opt for 40 or 41. Cut out the random crap like Trap Hole... who ever uses Trap Hole any more?

One of my friends uses a Teir 1 Gemini deck, that thing can be useful against it.

Now unless you really need them, i would take out the crashbugs, you should try another Galaxy-eyes, to use Galaxy Knight's effect better.

Now Counter Counter is good, but you do have 2 other things in there that negate traps, so maybe consider something to stop spells, a card i reccomend is Magic Drain.

It's a strange deck, but i like it.

But i must ask, why is Simochi in there?

He also has an infinite draw + LP gain combo using Solemn Wishes (a legal combo in Advance Format as of the last ban list), Bad Reaction to Simochi stops it cold. 

And thanks I will consider that.

Also, after I work out the kinks and find out what does and does not work, I usually try to trim a deck down to first 50, and then after more work/testing down to between 40-45.

One of my friends uses a Teir 1 Gemini deck, that thing can be useful against it.

There is no such thing as Tier 1 Gemini Deck.

Just because you do, doesn't mean anyone else should. If anything, it means they shouldn't.

He also has an infinite draw + LP gain combo using Solemn Wishes (a legal combo in Advance Format as of the last ban list), Bad Reaction to Simochi stops it cold.

Combo? There is no such combo.

No but seriously. You cannot expect to have a deck with Crashbug, Photon Galaxy, Heroic, Gagaga and some other random cards shoved in to work, unless you are playing some really, really, really, really, really crappy deck irl.

I don't even know what you are trying to accomplish here with this Deck. And how is it Twilight without Chaos stuff?

This Deck is extremely mismatched. The reason most players keep their Deck at 40 is so they get the cards they need as quickly and consistently. 60 cards makes this more difficult, and most of the cards you're using are at one copy, making it increasingly unlikely you'll draw any of them. Some of the choices are even outright illogical, like Heroic Challenger Double Lance at 1. Double Lance is only good if you're running at least 2 of them, or the random Dark Magician Girl, which literally has no purpose in this Deck by itself.

You also used the phrase "Tier 1 Gemini Deck", which would get you mocked by pretty much every remotely competitive player on the site. The closest thing to a competitive Gemini Deck was Gigavise, if memory serves, and that Deck is outdated.

Your argument for Bad Reaction was that you know someone who uses Solemn Wishes and an infinite draw combo. Ignoring the fact that infinite draw combos don't need Solemn Wishes to net an instant win, your Deck shouldn't be trying to counter literally everything at once. No Deck is able to neutralize every other Deck or strategy and still function on its own.

I can't even figure out this Deck's goal, which makes me think it really is just a 60 card mash of cards thrown together.

okay, one thing, I will give you double lancer, i should have chosen another card.

another is, this deck works quite well; the stragey is tough to see, but; it is there. It's flexable, with an emphisase on field swarming and XYZ summonig. As for Dark Magician Girl; IT'S MY FAVORITE CARD, even if it has no strategic value in a deck, I put it in just about any deck I build online and off. You may say I'm crazy and bring up the laws of probablity, but if i have it in a deck I tend to have incredible luck.

and my friends infinite draw combo, the point of it is to gain a crap load of life points, get his entire deck in his hand then pull out The Tyrant Neptune, and make it virtually indestructiable. Then he plays localized tornado and reforms his deck and does it again. I happen to have the recipe for it, and it is not a pure Gemini Deck, but it is definetly a Teir 1. The guy is a genuis.

It may look random, but I have a skill for taking cards in this type of assortment, and building VERY effective decks with them. 

I can't even figure out this Deck's goal, which makes me think it really is just a 60 card mash of cards thrown together.

Although, sometimes having a bunch of everything can be a good thing, like if your big combo is shut down, you still have something to go on.

I Built a deck of just a mash of cards(working commonly used stuff like Rai-oh and monster reborn in) and it works pretty decently, i get what i need to win most of the time.

So just because it's a mash of cards doesn't mean it's a bad deck.

I did, last night and today, it was about 50-50, i tended to go get opponents with ratings and experience about twice mine, and a genuis who could Synchro summon 5 times in one turn with the end result being Shooting Quaser Dragon, he has my respect.

I did, last night and today, it was about 50-50, i tended to go get opponents with ratings and experience about twice mine, and a genuis who could Synchro summon 5 times in one turn with the end result being Shooting Quaser Dragon, he has my respect.

[quote name="Turtlegary" post="6169577" timestamp="1364342739"]Although, sometimes having a bunch of everything can be a good thing, like if your big combo is shut down, you still have something to go on.   I Built a deck of just a mash of cards(working commonly used stuff like Rai-oh and monster reborn in) and it works pretty decently, i get what i need to win most of the time. So just because it's a mash of cards doesn't mean it's a bad deck.[/quote] So what's you're saying is that an inconsistent pile of mediocre cards that don't work with one another whatsoever to achieve a focused goal is a "good deck"? And your argument that you can "get what you need most of the time" is bad and only proves that your deck is inconsistent if you're relying on topdecking. This is 2013. Get your head out of goat format.

Although, sometimes having a bunch of everything can be a good thing, like if your big combo is shut down, you still have something to go on.

I Built a deck of just a mash of cards(working commonly used stuff like Rai-oh and monster reborn in) and it works pretty decently, i get what i need to win most of the time.

So just because it's a mash of cards doesn't mean it's a bad deck.

thank you, I have a certain knack for it. In Middle School (back in 2007-2008) I had very few cards to work with, but put together this then Advance Format legit deck that I dubbed the Magical Dragon Slayer. I will put it up in a second. if i can figure out how to attach it that is......

i finally decide to post the list...

The Magical Dragon Slayer; my 07-08 deck:

Monsters:

Dark Magician Girl x1

Felgrand Dragon x1

Tyrant Dragon x1

Blue-Eyes White Dragon x2

Red-Eyes Black Dragon x1

Dark Magician x1

Elemental HERO Bladedge x1

Elemental HERO Aivian x1

Elemental HERO Bubbleman x

Elemental HERO Bursinatrix x1

Elemental HERO Clayman x1

Elemental HERO Sparkman x1

Elemental HERO Wildheart x1

Lord of D. x1

Skilled Dark Magician x1

Masked Dragon x1

Kaiser Sea Horse x1

Element Dragon x1

Element Dragon x1

Spear Dragon x1

Versago the Destroyer x1

Red-Eyes B. Chick x1

Luster Dragon x1

Royal Magical Library x1

Blast Magician x1

Breaker the Magical Warrior x1

Mystical Elf x1

Black Luster Soldier x1

Obnoxious Celtic Guard x1

Spells:

Black Luster Ritual x1

Spell Economics x1

Mausoleum of the Emperor x1

The Flute of Summoning Dragon x1

Monster Reincarnation x1

Graceful Dice x1

Lightning Vortex x1

Polymerization x2

Scapegoat x1

Thousand Knives x1

Swords of Revealing Light x1

Mystical Space Typhoon x1

Dragon's Treasure x1

Dragon's Gunfire x1

Traps:

Trap Hole x1

Sakuretsu Armor x1

Seven Tools of the Bandit x1

Magic Cylinder x1

Gift of the Mystical Elf x1

Draining Shield x1

Negate Attack x1

Shadow Spell x1

Spellbinding Circle x1

Raigeki Break x1

Solemn Wishes x1

Threatening Roar x1

D. Tribe x1

Dust Tornado x1

Fusion Deck:

Elemental HERO Wildedge x1

Elemental HERO Thunder Giant x1

Elemental HERO Flame Wingman x1

Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon x1

back in 07-08, this deck reguraly destroyed my friends, most of who used Agro Dragon Decks,

thus earning the name The Magical Dragon Slayer.

The best I can suggest for this Deck is what to remove.

MONSTERS:

Heroic Challenger - Spartan (effect requires your opponent to make a bad decision)

Heroic Challenger - Double Lance (does nothing on its own)

Gagaga Girl (you have no reliable way to search for it)

Ganbara Knight (without Giant Rat, you might as well just run a stronger defender and Set it)

Photon Circle (supported, but very weak, and not necessary)

SPELLS:

Gagagabolt (you only had 2 Gagaga monsters and your only way of reviving one is with Message in a Bottle)

Galaxy Wave (only viable in Decks that can Xyz 3 times every turn, like Constellar)

TRAPS:

Rainbow Life (uses up more cards than the Life Points are worth)

Bad Reaction to Simochi -- Now this one is important. If it cripples your opponent's Deck, why take it out? Because the fewer cards are in your Deck, the better your odds of putting together a cool Tiras or Chaos Utopia play. If your Deck is fast enough, you can push your opponent for more than they can recover.

Add both Photon Sabre Tiger and Scrap-Iron Scarecrow to the Main Deck.

As for the "Tier 1" thing: There is no objective definition of what makes a Deck "Tier 1". Here is a good Deck that doesn't cost too much to put together:

z6Tt5cb.png

i finally decide to post the list...

The Magical Dragon Slayer; my 07-08 deck:

Monsters:

Dark Magician Girl x1

Felgrand Dragon x1

Tyrant Dragon x1

Blue-Eyes White Dragon x2

Red-Eyes Black Dragon x1

Dark Magician x1

Elemental HERO Bladedge x1

Elemental HERO Aivian x1

Elemental HERO Bubbleman x

Elemental HERO Bursinatrix x1

Elemental HERO Clayman x1

Elemental HERO Sparkman x1

Elemental HERO Wildheart x1

Lord of D. x1

Skilled Dark Magician x1

Masked Dragon x1

Kaiser Sea Horse x1

Element Dragon x1

Element Dragon x1

Spear Dragon x1

Versago the Destroyer x1

Red-Eyes B. Chick x1

Luster Dragon x1

Royal Magical Library x1

Blast Magician x1

Breaker the Magical Warrior x1

Mystical Elf x1

Black Luster Soldier x1

Obnoxious Celtic Guard x1

Spells:

Black Luster Ritual x1

Spell Economics x1

Mausoleum of the Emperor x1

The Flute of Summoning Dragon x1

Monster Reincarnation x1

Graceful Dice x1

Lightning Vortex x1

Polymerization x2

Scapegoat x1

Thousand Knives x1

Swords of Revealing Light x1

Mystical Space Typhoon x1

Dragon's Treasure x1

Dragon's Gunfire x1

Traps:

Trap Hole x1

Sakuretsu Armor x1

Seven Tools of the Bandit x1

Magic Cylinder x1

Gift of the Mystical Elf x1

Draining Shield x1

Negate Attack x1

Shadow Spell x1

Spellbinding Circle x1

Raigeki Break x1

Solemn Wishes x1

Threatening Roar x1

D. Tribe x1

Dust Tornado x1

Fusion Deck:

Elemental HERO Wildedge x1

Elemental HERO Thunder Giant x1

Elemental HERO Flame Wingman x1

Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon x1

back in 07-08, this deck reguraly destroyed my friends, most of who used Agro Dragon Decks,

thus earning the name The Magical Dragon Slayer.

I Really like this deck, sure it uses a lot of old and underused cards, but it has originality, and that's a good thing.

it does look pretty powerful too.

Archived