Neon Genesis Evangelion cards+Angel Monsters [37/?]

Merci

Since there was a lack of decent Psychic archetypes out there, there wasn't a whole lot for me to go on for the Yu-Gi-Oh! Arcadia RP, which meant I had to make my own. So I asked myself: which anime fits the category of Psychic Monsters best? - and then it hit me.

NEON GENESIS EVANGELION

Or, as it's going to be called in the RP, Sion Exodus Evangelion~

Evangelion Monsters are fairly simple; built to quickly hit the field and beat down the opponent as fast as possible while staying alive themselves.

As for Angel Monsters, that's just something that came up randomly and I have no idea why it did.

Example:

[attachment=36979:Shamshel of the Day.png]

The minimum total amount of Levels + one extra condition usually related to cards.

Angel Monsters have no Levels, or Ranks, or anything else of the sort. It cannot be applied to them. They're summoned during specific phases related to your opponent, so they'll most likely hit the field on your opponent's turn.

Also, the materials listed aren't actually materials. They're just a requirement needed for the Angel Monster to be Angel Summoned (otherwise they'd be dropping out of the skies every turn).

All Angel Monsters cannot be destroyed by card effects.

[spoiler=Evangelion]

[spoiler=Mass Evangelion Unit]

massevangelionunit.png

If this card should be destroyed by battle, you can pay 500 Life Points to negate its destruction. If this card attacks while your Life Points are 500 or less, your opponent cannot activate any Spell or Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Evangelion Unit-00 - Ayanami]

evangelionunit00ayanami.png

You can Normal Summon this card by using cards in your hand as a Tribute. If this card should be destroyed by battle, you can pay 500 Life Points to negate its destruction. If your Life Points are 500 or less, you can tribute this card to destroy all cards your opponent controls.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Evangelion Unit-01 - Ikari]

evangelionunit01ikari.png

You can Normal Summon this card by using cards in your hand as a Tribute. If this card should be destroyed by battle, you can pay half your Life Points to negate its destruction. If your Life Points are 500 or less, this card gains 500 ATK and can attack twice during the same Battle Phase.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Evangelion Unit-02 - Soryu]

evangelionunit02soryu.png

You can Normal Summon this card by using cards in your hand as a Tribute. If this card should be destroyed by battle, you can pay 700 Life Points to negate its destruction. Once per turn, if your Life Points are 500 or less, you can negate a card effect and destroy it.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Evangelion Unit-03 - Suzuhara]

evangelionunit03suzuhar.png

You can Normal Summon this card by using cards in your hand as a Tribute. If this card should be destroyed by battle, you can pay 700 Life Points to negate its destruction. If your Life Points are 500 or less, you can tribute this card to Special Summon 1 "Evangelion" monster from your Deck.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Evangelion Unit-04 - Aida]

evangelionunit04aida.png

You can Normal Summon this card by using cards in your hand as a Tribute. If this card should be destroyed by battle, you can pay 700 Life Points to negate its destruction. If your Life Points are 500 or less, you can tribute this card to draw 2 cards from your Deck.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Evangelion Unit-05 - Makinami]

evangelionunit05makinam.png

You can Normal Summon this card by using cards in your hand as a Tribute. If this card should be destroyed by battle, you can pay 700 Life Points to negate its destruction. If your Life Points are 500 or less, you can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each and inflict 500 damage to your opponent each time this card declares an attack.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Evangelion Unit-06 - Nagiwa]

evangelionunit06nagiwa.png

You can Normal Summon this card by using cards in your hand as a Tribute. If this card should be destroyed by battle, you can pay 1000 Life Points to negate its destruction. If this card battles another monster, you can negate its effect until the end of the Damage Step. If this card destroys a monster by battle while your Life Points are 500 or less, you gain Life Points equal to its ATK.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Evangelion Unit-13 - Aklemia]

evangelionunit13aklemia.png

Requires 3 Tributes to Normal Summon or Set. You can Normal Summon this card by using cards in your hand as a Tribute. If this card should be destroyed by battle, you can pay 1000 Life Points to negate its destruction. This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each. If your Life Points are 500 or less, this card cannot be destroyed by card effects.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Angel Monsters]

[spoiler=Adam of Forbidden Life]

adamofforbiddenlife.png

Level 6 + 3 Angel Monsters in the Graveyard
This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card can only be Angel Summoned when your opponent declares a direct attack (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn). When this card is Angel Summoned, negate the effects of all other cards on the field. During the End Phase, banish this card to Special Summon as many Angel Monsters from the Graveyard as possible.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lilith of Forbidden Knowledge]

lilithofforbiddenknowle.png

Level 20 + 3 "Evangelion" monsters in the Graveyard
This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card can only be Angel Summoned when your opponent decreases your Life Points to below 500 (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn). When this card is Angel Summoned, destroy all other cards on the field; you gain 500 Life Points for each card destroyed by this effect. During the End Phase, banish this card; Special Summon 1 "Evangelion" monster from your Graveyard.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Sachiel of the Water]

sachielofthewater.png

Level 8 + 2 monsters your opponent controls
This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card can only be Angel Summoned during the start of your opponent's Main Phase 2 (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn). Whenever this card destroys a monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard, you gain 500 Life Points.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Shamshel of the Day]
[attachment=36979:Shamshel of the Day.png]

Level 6 + 1 Angel Monster in the Graveyard
This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card can only be Angel Summoned during the start of your opponent's Main Phase 2 (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn). Once per turn, if this card should be destroyed by battle, it is not destroyed and you gain 700 Life Points.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Ramiel of the Thunder]

ramielofthethunder.png

Level 16 + 3 monsters your opponent controls
This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card can only be Angel Summoned during your opponent's Standby Phase (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn). At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a monster with a Level: Destroy that monster immediately.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Gaghiel of the Fish]

gaghielofthefish.png

Level 12 +  1 monster your opponent controls
This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card can only be Angel Summoned when your opponent Special Summons a monster from their Extra Deck (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn).

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Israfel of the Music]

israfelofthemusic.png

Level 12 + 1 Angel Monster in the Graveyard
This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card can only be Angel Summoned during the start of your opponent's Battle Phase (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn). When this card is Angel Summoned, banish this card and Special Summon 2 "Angel Tokens" (Psychic-Type/WIND/Level 4/ATK 2000/DEF 1500) in Attack Position. If neither monster is on the field, return this card to the field and select 1 monster your opponent controls; Destroy it.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Matariel of the Rain]

matarieloftherain.png

Level 10 + no Spell or Trap cards you control
This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card can only be Angel Summoned during the start of your opponent's Main Phase 2 (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn). If your opponent controls an Xyz Monster, Angel Monsters you control cannot be selected as an attack target.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Bardiel of the Hail]

bardielofthehail.png

Level 12 + 1 Psychic-Type Monster
This card can only be Angel Summoned during the start of your opponent's Main Phase 1 (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn). When this card is Special Summoned,  equip it to a monster you control as an Equip Card. While equipped to a monster by this effect, that monster cannot be destroyed by card effects. (A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union Monster at a time. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, unequip this card and Special Summon it in face-up Attack Position).

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Sahaquiel of the Sky]

sahaquielofthesky.png

This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card can only be Angel Summoned during your opponent's Standby Phase (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn). During each of your Standby Phases, place 1 Angel Counter on this card (max. 5). If there are 5 Angel Counters on this card, Tribute it to destroy all your opponent's cards and inflict 1000 damage for each card destroyed.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Sandalphon of the Embryo]

sandalphonoftheembryo.png

Level 6 + 1 monster your opponent controls
This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card can only be Angel Summoned during your opponent's Standby Phase (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn). You take no Battle Damage from battles involving this card. Before damage calculation, when this card is attacked by an opponent's monster: You gain Life Points equal to that monster's DEF.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Leliel of the Night]

lelielofthenight.png

Level 12 + 2 monsters your opponent controls
This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card can only be Angel Summoned during your opponent's Standby Phase (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn). If an opponent's monster battles this card, banish it. This card gains 500 ATK for every monster banished by this card's effect. This card cannot banish more than 1 monster with the same name.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Zeruel of the Might]

zeruelofthemight.png

This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card can only be Angel Summoned when your opponent declares a direct attack that would decrease your Life Points to 0; negate the attack (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn). As long as this card is on the field, other monsters you control cannot declare an attack.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Arael of the Bird]

araelofthebird.png

Level 6 + 2 Angel Monsters in the Graveyard
This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card can only be Angel Summoned when your opponent Special Summons a monster from their Extra Deck (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn). This card cannot be selected as an attack target. Once per turn, flip a coin; if heads, this card can attack your opponent directly this turn. The attack of this card cannot be negated.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Armisael of the Womb]

armisaelofthewomb.png

Level 6 + 2 Angel Monsters in the Graveyard
This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card can only be Angel Summoned when your opponent destroys an Angel Monster you control by battle and sends it to the Graveyard (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn). When this card is Angel Summoned, target 1 monster in the Graveyard;: this card gains ATK and DEF equal to its ATK and DEF. If this card is banished,  Special Summon the targeted monster to your side of the field.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Diemay of the Fan]

diemayofthefan.jpg

Level 10 + 1 monster your opponent controls
This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card can only be Angel Summoned during the start of your opponent's Battle Phase (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn). When this card is Angel Summoned, you can select 1 Angel Monster in the Graveyard; this card gains its ATK.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Larval Dumah - Yamagishi]

larvaldumahyamagishi.jpg

This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. You can Special Summon this card from your hand by sending 1 "Evangelion" monster in the Graveyard to the bottom of your Deck.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Dumah of the Silence]

dumahofthesilence.jpg

This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card can only be Angel Summoned when a "Larval Dumah - Yamagishi" you control is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn). When this card is Angel Summoned; select 1 monster on the field: This card gains its ATK. As long as that monster is on the field, this card cannot be destroyed by battle.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Tabris of Free Will]

tabrisoffreewill.png

5 Angel Monsters in the Graveyard
This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. This card can only be Angel Summoned during your opponent's Battle Phase (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn). When this card is Angel Summoned, return all cards on the field and in both player's hands to the Deck. After that, your opponent must select and Special Summon 1 monster from their Deck or Extra Deck in face-up Attack Position, ignoring the summoning conditions: Its effect is negated; it must attack this card. The player whose monster remains alone on the field at the End Phase of this turn wins the Duel. Any other case results in a DRAW.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Evangelion of Emptiness and Might]

evangelionofemptinessan.png

2 "Evangelion"monsters in the Graveyard + 1 "Zeruel of the Might" in the Graveyard
Must be Angel Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card cannot be destroyed either by battle or by a card effect. This card can only be Angel Summoned when your opponent declares a direct attack while your Life Points are 1000 or less (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn). This card can attack all monsters your opponent controls once each.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Evangelion of Knowledge and Life]

evangelionofknowledgean.png

5 "Evangelion" monsters in the Graveyard + 5 Angel Monsters in the Graveyard
Must be Angel Summoned, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card cannot be destroyed either by battle or by a card effect.  This card can only be Angel Summoned when your opponent declares a direct attack while your Life Points are 500 or lower and you control no cards (only 1 Angel Summon can be conducted per turn). When this card is Angel Summoned, you win the duel.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Support Cards]

[spoiler=Garden of Neo-Eden]

gardenofneoeden.png

Reduce the Level of all Psychic monsters in both player's hands and on the field by 2. During each of your Standby Phases, you can either take 500 damage or gain 500 Life Points.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Evangelion Deployment]

evangeliondeployment.png

Whenever an "Evangelion" monster is Normal Summoned, draw 1 card from your Deck. If a card drawn by this card's effect is an "Evangelion" monster: You can reveal it; draw 1 more card.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Evangelion Backup Pilot]

evangelionbackuppilot.png

Target 1 "Evangelion" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Attack Position and equip it with this card. When this card is destroyed: Both players must pay 500 Life Points; the equipped monster is destroyed.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Evangelion Recovery]

evangelionrecovery.png

If an "Evangelion" monster you control should be destroyed by a card effect, you can pay 500 Life Points to negate it: Select 1 monster from your Graveyard; add that card to your hand.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Evangelion Synchronization]

evangelionsynchronizati.png

You must pay half your Life Points to activate this card. Equip only to an "Evangelion" monster. You do not have to pay Life Points to activate its effects. During each of your Standby Phases, you take damage equal to half your Life Points. If you should take damage that would decrease your Life Points to 0, you can banish this card to decrease the damage to 0.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Evangelion Spear of Longinus]

evangelionspearoflongin.png

Activate 1 of these effects;
*Select 1 "Evangelion" monster on the field: Destroy it; you gain Life Points equal to its ATK.
*Select 1 "Angel Monster on the field: Negate its effect and destroy it; inflict to your opponent damage equal to its ATK.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Iruel of the Fear]

iruelofthefear.png

Activate only during your opponent's turn when a Spell Card is activated; negate it. This card is treated as an Angel Monster while in the Graveyard. As long as this card is on the field, other Angel Monsters you control are unaffected by your opponent's card effects.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Evangelion Descent]

evangeliondescent.jpg

Discard 1 "Evangelion" monster from your hand: Target 1 Angel Monster in the Graveyard; Special Summon it. Until your opponent's next End Phase, it cannot be destroyed by battle.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

EVA08, EVA09, and the Rebuild Angels coming up as soon as I can find good images for them~

So what do you guys think?

OwO

Dude, you just made my day, and my day hasn't even started yet.

The concept for the Angel Monsters is genius, and fits how they usually operate perfectly.

Plus, the effects all seem fitting to the original concepts and characters from the anime.

Maybe you could include Jet Alone, the Particle Cannon, or even the Wunder from Q.

Thanks :D I'll consider them, though I still have to get around making the rest of the Angels first. I wasn't really paying attention while inventing the Angel mechanic, I just thought 'one after another, always alone', and it developed from there. As for Evas, the only thing in my mind was 'synchronization = pain = berserk'. Pretty simple concepts that I developed and tried to balance at the same time.

[quote]

I like the cards, but i think some of the cards are OP, Like Evangelion Recovery, you negate an effect and get back 3 monsters for no cost at all.[/quote]

Well, that's just tribute fodder. I think it's fair, as it's a defense card that works specifically for a single archetype. Most archetype support cards don't do much.

It's a negate destruction and a +3 for no cost, and if you fill your deck with evangelion cards it'll work on any of them, I think you should just remove the +3, maybe make it like a war chariot (gladiator beast) something like : if an evangelion monster you control would be destroyed by a magic/trap card, negate that card and destroy it. Although maybe that would also be a bit op.

Hey...you do play this game, right? If you do, then you'd realize that there are tons of cards like Evangelion Recovery - but without needing an Evangelion. That sort of effect is hardly OP'd, in fact, it's useless. This is exactly the kind of pointless archetype support I was referring to.

However, I understand the +3 part, and so I'll simply decrease it to a +1. Much fairer.

Anyway, I've added Arael of the Bird. I've already done the others, actually, but uploading them all is a hassle.

Edited Evangelion Recovery's effect, and added the rest of the remaining named Angels~ "Leliel of the Night", "Zeruel of the Might", "Armisael of the Womb", and "Tabris of Free Will". I also added a variation of the Zeruel-Rei fusion~

• 2 weeks later...

amazing, but the only thing you might want to do is increase the Life Point condition. by that I mean you may want to increase the amount of Life Points you need to use the final effects of the Evangelion units from 500 to 1000 or even 1500. 500 would be seriously difficult to get to without accidentally getting dropped to 0.

Other than that one issue I have, it's the best Evangelion card set I've ever seen.

True. True. Even if the condition is dangerous, it would still be a really fun deck to play.

If I ever got a color photo printer, could I print off your cards for use? I really want to see what this deck would do against a meta deck.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I couldn't find any decent TRIDENT, Jet Alone, or Evangelion Mark.09 pictures. ^^;

But I did add a few new cards. [i]Diemay of the Fan[/i] (a fanmade Angel that won a contest~), [i]Dumah of the Silence[/i] (AKA Insubstantial Angel from an NGE obscure side-game, and personally one of my favorites), its larvae, and [i]Evangelion Descent[/i]. I probably could've done a lot better with Dumah, but eh....I'm feeling a little lazy right now so...

Sorry for the denseness, but what is the relationship between an Angel Monster and its listed "materials?" Does it work like Fusion Summoning, XYZ Summoning, Synchro Summoning, etc., or do the required monsters just need to be present and not tributed/fused/tuned/etc?

These are all amazing, by the way. I just wasn't sure how that mechanic worked.

Angel Monsters have no Levels, or Ranks, or anything else of the sort. It cannot be applied to them. They're summoned during specific phases related to your opponent, so they'll most likely hit the field on your opponent's turn.
Also, the materials listed aren't actually materials. They're just a requirement needed for the Angel Monster to be Angel Summoned (otherwise they'd be dropping out of the skies every turn).

You're welcome.

Any side of the field. In fact, it doesn't even have to be a Level 6 monster. All you need is one Level 4 and one Level 2 anywhere, and that'd be enough. Anything that adds up to Level 6. Doesn't matter who controls them.

These aren't bad Merciful ^^

I am liking them a WHOLE lot!!

BTW, how did you make the cards like this? Was it the normal Card Maker or something else?

Magic Set Editor~ it helps that I know how to use GIMP and thus decorate cards to my own liking. I tried for a bizarre effect when it came to the Angels, and although I could've done better, I do like it.

Archived