WN - My SOTW6 Entry [Updated: July 3rd 2013]

Astolfo

33wxhyx.jpg
This shall be my current showcase hall of collections. Whenever I come up with something new, I shall post it here, and update the title as such.

[hr]

[spoiler="March 30 2013"][spoiler="Item 1"][spoiler="Raibread Logo"][spoiler="Version 1"]eg93k.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Version 2"]awpaf8.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Version 3"]1so8bm.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Notes]I was attempting to keep to a simple and clean theme (No KH pun intended). The reason I made this was because of the more or less well-known nickname of .Rai: Raibread. RAI, I KNOW YOU SEE THIS.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
April 28 2013 Entry - Removed by Neph due to mediocrity

[spoiler="May 13 2013"][spoiler="Item 1"][spoiler="The Mayushii Who Leapt Through Time"]svzVjiN.png[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler="May 15 2013"][spoiler="Item 1"][spoiler=Revolutionaire][spoiler=V1]J44E2aQ.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=V2]cpyeIvK.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=V3]i8hsGhE.png[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler="May 21 2013"][spoiler="Item 1"][spoiler=PsychedelIAc]23vc9i0.jpg[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler="May 24 2013"][spoiler="Item 1"][spoiler=Hivergence][spoiler="Version 1"]ykTiJQT.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler="Version 2"]lKbcLsu.png[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler="May 28 2013"][spoiler="Item 1"][spoiler="Brushing out Skynet"][spoiler=V1]JCq4202.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=V2]ScwU23g.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=V3]nRDVdXm.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=V4]QAwa9U5.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=V5]2n8an74.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=V6]vUsyFG7.png[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler="June 4 2013"][spoiler="Item 1"][spoiler="Beautiful Nevermore"][spoiler=V1]image.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=V2]image.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=V3]xRvl1XS.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=V4]oyp5c9P.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=V5]YIWwW4l.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=V6]CZRWic8.png[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Notes]The right side is ew for the first and second. The overly excessive details on the first one, and the overly large gear mask for both. But whatever. Also, it's my first time working with a real-life type of render. I cropped it a bit for 2 versions iirc, but not sure if it's good. Bleh.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler="June 8 2013"][spoiler="Item 1"][spoiler="You are Free"]9I6iP0V.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Notes"]First smudge tag.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler="June 9 2013"][spoiler="Item 1"][spoiler="Into Nothingness"]1pIJO5C.png[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler="Item 2"][spoiler="G-Bang"]KJYq3iP.png[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler="June 11 2013"][spoiler="Item 1"][spoiler="Explosive Will"][spoiler="V1"]WiVwqhq.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler="V2"]bFZZ8Oh.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Notes"]I would've uploaded this yesterday, as I had finished yesterday, but goddamnit, YCM was giving me the Cloudflare error.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler="June 19 2013"][spoiler="Item 1"][spoiler="Oily Buttflies"][spoiler="V1"]6JYI9PS.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler="V2"]dtbkNF8.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Notes"]This version of the tag started out with a butterfly render for a smudge, then with everything, I got rid of the render and smudged a buttfly-monster thing on there. S: I have no f***ing idea what I was doing.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler="June 20 2013"][spoiler="Item 1"][spoiler="Kill(ua)"][spoiler="V1"]RaUwAa0.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler="V2"]GJpxPZb.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler="Notes"]I know, I know. The text on the first is really illegible, but it's supposed to say 'Gar'.[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler="June 27 2013"][spoiler="Item 1"][spoiler="Luster Moon"][spoiler="V1"]5ziRgeE.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler="V2"]Dv0Z3QO.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler="V3"]Dv0Z3QO.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler="V4"]ePMJTOZ.png[/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler="Dark Luster"][spoiler="V1"]NMiSalH.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler="V2"]OusnoYr.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler="V3"]fdDsKe3.png[/spoiler]

[spoiler="V4"]Qm9Zdyi.png[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler="July 3 2013"][spoiler="Item 1"][spoiler="Scion of a Seraph"]yyUQaq7.png[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think, because of the fractalish texture, a lot of the tones are lost to this murky grey. Tone it down a bit, I think. The depth is clever; you could even emphasise it more. It helps the motion of the piece. You've turned it into a very textural thing. It would work better as a flow-based piece with movement. Play around with bubble C4Ds. Remove the yellows on the left side: you already have three colours to work with (blues, greens and purples). Add a few Levels adjustments to boost the shadows and just clear the light balance.

Text really just fades into the thing quite needlessly. If it adds little impact, you might as well get rid of it, in case it becomes distracting.

3c8e2d1db1ba1d4b93783e688628794e5905cead

Fine then. Don't reply. I see how it is.

CX

*shot repeatedly*

Any favorites? Other criticism?

Also, does anyone have some kind of tut where it's less of a how-to-make-this-exact-tag tut, and more of a you-can-use-this-and-that-function and gives info on functions, uses in things, etc?

Also, does anyone have some kind of tut where it's less of a how-to-make-this-exact-tag tut, and more of a you-can-use-this-and-that-function and gives info on functions, uses in things, etc?

Very doubtful as good sigs are typically unique and are built on some sort of concept and suiting the concept with the render.

I actually prefer the fourth version to some extent, although the fifth is neat. Logos really should accentuate some features, and not add unnecessary details. I'm not sure what the theme of the logo is, but an edited font as well as big-ass planat with rings behind it could get distracting. Not a bad logo, but definitely something to take in mind. <3

Le bumparoo.~!
I like Version 2 a bit better.
The right side is ew. The overly excessive details on the first one, and the overly large gear mask for both. But whatever. Also, it's my first time working with a real-life type of render.

Archived