[PKMN]Tournament of Legends [PG-13/Started/Always Accepting!]

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now we turn to Jake for the report on characters that have not posted yet. 

I lost track (@_@)

I'd also like to note the example of non-meta gaming. Seer doesn't know who Eon is, so he obviously asked if he was a member of Team Purity. After reading Eon's personality profile he'd probably laugh and exclaim he is the leader of Team Purity, being the egocentric person he is.

Renegade if Eevee attacks make it explode before it hits Espeon or if Eevee charged in a blind rage, which I'd wager Anne's comment would make the little Pokemon, have it get hit by "some invisible force". And, yes, this was thought of when I posted I just didn't want to assume Eevee would attack.

Hey Ren before I post again as Moira and Elias, I need to ask you a question. Would you mind if I introduced a Pokemon Hunter NPC?

Go right on ahead. 

It looks like Saber isn't coming back to join us. I will be taking control of his character, gotta find where he left off with her. I'll probably drop any unnecessary characters he has.

Thanks for that Renegade.

And ONCE again I've proven how manipulative I can make Seer be. He not only pulled the Leader of Team Purity out into the open, but a Legendary Pokemon he can use now to further influence Eon.

inb4beingunfair

I could've just shot Clement anywhere else, maybe even killed him, but that wouldn't do. So I just wounded his leg. No need to kill someone if you can help it, right?

Go right on ahead. 

It looks like Saber isn't coming back to join us. I will be taking control of his character, gotta find where he left off with her. I'll probably drop any unnecessary characters he has.

If you need to know, Rivere was last seen checking up on Terra in the hospital, during the night of the feast.

I should know, I was the last person that Saber interacted with ;)

If you need to know, Rivere was last seen checking up on Terra in the hospital, during the night of the feast.

I should know, I was the last person that Saber interacted with ;)

Alright, thanks! Hadn't had time to comb through the posts yet. Saddens me that he left...

Hey guys, I wanted to give you all a heads up. I want you to have as much character interaction in this part of the chapter as possible. Last time we ended up focusing on only a few people, and while that is fine, I don't want it to happen again. So @Stalfos, I know that Kallen has made contact with her character. @British Soul: Talking with Rook would be a good idea. Getting as much posting in as possible, because when things pick up here, they are going to pick up fast, and whoever isn't with the pace, is going to be left behind just like last time. Because let me assure you, this is not going to play out how you think. 

ARGH, Timezones >.> WHY DO YOU NO GIVE ME TIME TO REPLY!?!?!

Seriously, it is getting a bit annoying all my actions being decided for me >.> You're assuming Suicune couldn't fight back against Raikou, particularly a fake Raikou (Despite Suicune generally being rather similar to a leader of that group, or at least the most prominent *cough*crystal*cough*) and apparently Quilava has been completely ignored, despite it being Clement's most trusted pokémon - ie, it's one of his more powerful. >.>

Anyway, he's not completely useless, he still has fight left in him, and his team's good at teamwork.

ARGH, Timezones >.> WHY DO YOU NO GIVE ME TIME TO REPLY!?!?!

Seriously, it is getting a bit annoying all my actions being decided for me >.> You're assuming Suicune couldn't fight back against Raikou, particularly a fake Raikou (Despite Suicune generally being rather similar to a leader of that group, or at least the most prominent *cough*crystal*cough*) and apparently Quilava has been completely ignored, despite it being Clement's most trusted pokémon - ie, it's one of his more powerful. >.>

Anyway, he's not completely useless, he still has fight left in him, and his team's good at teamwork.

Sorry man, but its not like Jake left you many options. Suicune was already said to be taken down and you have been shot in the leg. 

So when do we get to the next battle scene?

And do we get to choose who fights who, or do you already have that part arranged?

I'll in good time, Admiral. ;)

Alright, so I need to air my grievances with Jake's last post, but I'll try to do this in the most respectful way possible. Big problems: Espeon is using a psychic move, so she can't actually do anything to Mightyena. Also, unless Raikou's fangs have been ground down to little stubs, which the word massive kind of implies they aren't, sinking them in Suicune's neck will probably kill him/her/it, plus the waves of electricity... yeah I'm pretty sure that will do a lot more than just knock Suicune unconscious. 

250px-243Raikou.png<- just saying these puppies are gonna do some damage....

Okay now that my major grievances are out of the way, I've got a few other things I want to say. First lets just all pretend that the gun would be pulled out of Richard's hand that easily, I mean I'm pretty sure that he's got a pretty strong grip on so there should be a little delay at least. Also lets pretend that after Clement is shot, Suicune doesn't royally whup everyone's @$$es for attacking his/her/it's Guardian. I'm sorry, but I feel that that part is a little unbelievable.

Also just before hand it is stated that Raikou is panting and out of breath so I don't know how its easily dispatching a full power Suicune, and because its a Ditto at that it shouldn't be able to come close Suicune's power level. Also, its not Seer told Ditto this plan, so how it knew what Seer was planning is beyond me. 

Finally you just out thought the Big Bad of the RP. I mean sure realistically people can do all the time in animes/movies/RPs, but its just not as fun then. I mean you shouldn't just be able to best the Big Bad just like that, but its really not up to me in the first place. I mean this in no way as insult to you, I just thought I'd point this out. 

Well time for me to address the greivances with my post.

Seriously, it is getting a bit annoying all my actions being decided for me >.>

Yeah sorry about that, if it happens again either post it here and I'll gladly change it or mention it via PM- preferably here.

You're assuming Suicune couldn't fight back against Raikou, particularly a fake Raikou (Despite Suicune generally being rather similar to a leader of that group, or at least the most prominent *cough*crystal*cough*)

I actually didn't assume anything. I knew Suicune could fight back and beat the fake Raikou if given the chance. Which is why I didn't let it that happen. I had Raikou electrocute Raikou out of no where, which I doubt he/she was expecting, and then bounced when he/she was down to continue the attack. If I had paused for a moment Suicune would have gotten back up and would have been able to fight back.

Raikou just took Suicune down fast and hard, which only seemed easy because Raikou is electricity which is super effective against Water.

And to me none are the leader despite Suicune being displayed in its own game. Why bring game logic into the role play in the first place? No offense mind you . . .

Apparently Quilava has been completely ignored, despite it being Clement's most trusted pokémon - ie, it's one of his more powerful. >.>

That I know and couldn't do anything about. All I had was Raikou, who could only manage to take out Suicune before reverting back to Ditto, and Seer who needed to deal with Richard's gun. Quilava, Leafeon and Glaceon are all still able to attack but at the same time Seer does have a gun now and has already proven he isn't afraid to shoot.

So I didn't forget about Clement's other Pokemon, I just couldn't include him in that last minute plan.

Espeon is using a psychic move, so she can't actually do anything to Mightyena.

Well to nitpick a bit Espeon didn't use a psychic move per say, just pushed them back with a psychic blast. But after reading Mightyena's bio and realizing it's a Dark Type, which I forgot, I understand. I'll fix that. Sorry m(_ _)m

Also, unless Raikou's fangs have been ground down to little stubs, which the word massive kind of implies they aren't, sinking them in Suicune's neck will probably kill him/her/it, plus the waves of electricity... yeah I'm pretty sure that will do a lot more than just knock Suicune unconscious. 

Well if this was a real Raikou and at the peak of physical health, yeah I would say so. However this was just a Ditto transformed into a Raikou based off of Seer's memories of the Legendary Pokemon so some details will be sketchy at best, like the size of the fangs.

First lets just all pretend that the gun would be pulled out of Richard's hand that easily, I mean I'm pretty sure that he's got a pretty strong grip on so there should be a little delay at least. Also lets pretend that after Clement is shot, Suicune doesn't royally whup everyone's @$$es for attacking his/her/it's Guardian. I'm sorry, but I feel that that part is a little unbelievable.

"Wrench" generally means to pull with some force. It wasn't just taken from him but litterally forcefully flown from his hand into Seer's. I don't think Richard knows Seer is psychic, so this would come as a complete shock and lessen his reaction time just enough for Seer to do what he needs to do.

Also I think a few of you didn't realize that Seer and Raikou attacked at the same time. There was no delay, no one went "first", but both Seer and Raikou's actions occured together and finished almost at the same time.

Also, its not Seer told Ditto this plan, so how it knew what Seer was planning is beyond me. 

It's already been established that Seer can communicate telepathically to Pokemon, so I'd assume everyone would figure that was how he did it. If I need to add it in I will.

Finally you just out thought the Big Bad of the RP. I mean sure realistically people can do all the time in animes/movies/RPs, but its just not as fun then. I mean you shouldn't just be able to best the Big Bad just like that, but its really not up to me in the first place. I mean this in no way as insult to you, I just thought I'd point this out. 

Well I considered this after reading Eon's profile. And if you look at it and consider . . . Eon is kind of very easy to manipulate. He is extremely goal oriented and even goes so far as to let his obsession get the better of him and charge in like he just did.

If I can take advantage of the role play's "Big Bad" like that and get away with it I will. A villain who lets his or her emotions get in the way of what their goal is isn't a proper final villain, which I'd wager Renegade is planning on.

[quote name='Jage the Sage']

Raikou just took Suicune down fast and hard, which only seemed easy because Raikou is electricity which is super effective against Water.

[/quote]

Just throwing this out here, but it isn't a Raikou. It's a Ditto. There's a reason why nobody uses Ditto in the main games, and as strong as Ditto is, it's only a Pokemon imitation. It's not even true electricity the little guy is channeling. Suicune's a Legendary, naturally superior to these silly mortal Pokemon with hundreds of years worth of experience. In normal circumstances, it should be more than capable of tanking a fake Thunder Fang from a weak Pokemon.

Well I considered this after reading Eon's profile. And if you look at it and consider . . . Eon is kind of very easy to manipulate. He is extremely goal oriented and even goes so far as to let his obsession get the better of him and charge in like he just did.

I agree with this. Just because a character is a Big Bad does not give them psychological plot armor.

[quote name='Jake the Sage']

A villain who lets his or her emotions get in the way of what their goal is isn't a proper final villain, which I'd wager Renegade is planning on.

[/quote]

I don't agree with this. There are plenty of angsty villains out there who tend to snap before the final battle and start trying to destroy the world while abandoning their original goal. While ones that are clearheaded and believe themselves in control of the entire situation are also satisfying, either one works.

The only proper final villain is one that can put up a decent fight. The circumstances don't matter, there are no rules set in stone about a proper villain apart from the fact that they must be in conflict with the protagonists.

Besides, if Eon is going to be the final villain, I doubt he'd go into battle with only Eeveelutions as his team, especially since this is an RP filled with Legendaries everywhere.

Name: Ethan Atrëa

Gende: Male

Personality: Let's put it the way he would put it: you leave him alone, he leaves you alone, and everyone stays happy. He's got his ambitions, mostly to win this tournament and add anoter championship title to his family's name. He respects people whom he feels earn it, and pretends to be cold to anyone who hasn't. He reserves his compassion for his Pokémon, whom he will always tend to before anyone, even himself.

Appearance: 552870626.jpg

Bio: Ethan comes from a long line of champions. Both his parents have become the champion of two regions, before losing later on. He feels that, to truly be a part of his family, he has to win also.

Pokémon:

Jay (Male Eevee) (Is black and white) - Bite, Quick Attack, Toxic, Return

Blaze (Female Typhlosion) - Fire Punch, Earthquake, Cut, Strength

Gardevoir (Female) - Psychic, Confusion, Protect, Destiny Bond

Wailmer (Male) - Surf, Whirlpool, Dive, Waterfall

Scizor (Male) - X-Scissor, Aerial Ace, Iron Defense, Cut

Electrike (Male) - Thunder Fang, Thunder Wave, Rain Dance, Thunder

Fearow (Female) - Aerial Ace, Mirror Move, Whirlwind, Fly

Other:

[quote=]Just throwing this out here, but it isn't a Raikou. It's a Ditto. There's a reason why nobody uses Ditto in the main games, and as strong as Ditto is, it's only a Pokemon imitation. It's not even true electricity the little guy is channeling. Suicune's a Legendary, naturally superior to these silly mortal Pokemon with hundreds of years worth of experience. In normal circumstances, it should be more than capable of tanking a fake Thunder Fang from a weak Pokemon. [/quote]

This is the point I was trying to make. 

[quote=]I agree with this. Just because a character is a Big Bad does not give them psychological plot armor.[/quote]

Yes, but I feel he made it sound too easy. 

[quote=]It's already been established that Seer can communicate telepathically to Pokemon, so I'd assume everyone would figure that was how he did it. If I need to add it in I will.[/quote]

Well there's really no need to change it, but I'd rather you did say something like "I get the boy you get Suicune". Reading over my post I realize I sound very b****y, and I have to apologize for that. As for why I haven't posted I have horrible writers block right now. 

Just throwing this out here, but it isn't a Raikou. It's a Ditto. There's a reason why nobody uses Ditto in the main games, and as strong as Ditto is, it's only a Pokemon imitation. It's not even true electricity the little guy is channeling. Suicune's a Legendary, naturally superior to these silly mortal Pokemon with hundreds of years worth of experience. In normal circumstances, it should be more than capable of tanking a fake Thunder Fang from a weak Pokemon.

"Ditto uses the move Transform to copy the opponent's moves, types, form, and non-HP stats. However, if Ditto tries to transform into something based on memory, it may get some of the details wrong. Ditto will also be unable to remain in a transformed state if it starts laughing."

The above was copied from Bulbapedia and it clearly states that when transformed even a normal Ditto will gain the same stats as whatever it is transforming into bar their health. So while it is a normal Ditto, once it uses Transform it will be as powerful as the real Raikou.

I hope this doesn't sound like me being an ass, but I really do want to get across the point that this can happen.

Yes, but I feel he made it sound too easy.

Well I had planned on this the moment Raikou appeared, it's just Renegade fell for it. He could easily have sent someone else after Raikou but instead wanted Eon to go there himself.

Well there's really no need to change it, but I'd rather you did say something like "I get the boy you get Suicune".

Seer wants to keep Clement and Suicune together for as long as possible in case things so no pan out. If Eon doesn't come to his agreements then he will need to get both of them out of there in order to prevent Team Purity from easily obtaining them.

As said, I have contingency plans in case things don't go the way I need them too.

Reading over my post I realize I sound very b****y, and I have to apologize for that.

No it's okay, if something doesn't settle with you speak up about it. I know I have a tenancy to "power play" a bit, which is only because I think others (no offense) don't plan things out and just go off the top of their heads, so if I get on someone's nerve please let me know.

[hr]

And now, while I can make a post I think I'll wait until Renegade or Sonic PMs me back. I don't want to make the post before I get a green light . . .

Alright, so I need to air my grievances with Jake's last post, but I'll try to do this in the most respectful way possible. Big problems: Espeon is using a psychic move, so she can't actually do anything to Mightyena. Also, unless Raikou's fangs have been ground down to little stubs, which the word massive kind of implies they aren't, sinking them in Suicune's neck will probably kill him/her/it, plus the waves of electricity... yeah I'm pretty sure that will do a lot more than just knock Suicune unconscious. 

250px-243Raikou.png<- just saying these puppies are gonna do some damage....

Not necessarily; Suicune is equal to Raikou in strength anyway, and I doubt mere fangs are gonna kill him off. He could merely freeze/slow his blood to defend himself from the attack/prevent blood loss.

And you've obviously not read the Pokémon Manga. There's a lot of non-effective attacks effecting pokémon in it; even if not dealing damage. (Eg, Oak's Kangaskhan hits Agatha's Gengar with a dizzy punch to confuse it without damaging.)

"Ditto uses the move Transform to copy the opponent's moves, types, form, and non-HP stats. However, if Ditto tries to transform into something based on memory, it may get some of the details wrong. Ditto will also be unable to remain in a transformed state if it starts laughing."

The above was copied from Bulbapedia and it clearly states that when transformed even a normal Ditto will gain the same stats as whatever it is transforming into bar their health. So while it is a normal Ditto, once it uses Transform it will be as powerful as the real Raikou.

I hope this doesn't sound like me being an ass, but I really do want to get across the point that this can happen.

It still will not be as strong as a real one. Since a Ditto copying from memory would not be able to copy EV stats, and so would be significantly weaker than the real thing.

Plus, you previously stated that Ditto was weakened/tired, while Suicune was peak health, not to mention Suicune has the highest defensese of all the legendary beasts, with rather impressive Base Defenses, so even a super effective attack is unlikely to OHKO. Especially Thunder Fang, which is a very weak attack, to be honest. Even with STAB, it doesn't reach a 100 stat; not helped by Raikou's relatively low ATK stat - Raikou is much better as a Special Attacker.

Sure, you had the elemnt of surprise, and Raikou out-speeds Suicune, but it should not have OHKO'd Suicune, especially since Suicune wouldn't stay pinned for long; considering it was preparing an attack anyway, it would've merely releasedthe Blizzard.

I doesn't matter now, we've already gone along with it. But it really shouldn't have been a OHKO; hence why Suicune is getting back up. 

(You dont sound like an ass. I'm impressed with how civil you're arguing to be honest, and I agree with most points. It's just OHKOing a full health Suicune with an attack that doesn't even play to the (fake) Raikou's strengths isn't very nice.

I wish to join as a trainer with Zapdos as my Legendary. Am I too late?

Nope, not at all. We would love to have you! We'll have to catch you up, but I've been wanting a part of the bird trio to show up! 

@everyone else: I will be getting to you, but this took highest priority. 

Archived