[PKMN]Tournament of Legends [PG-13/Started/Always Accepting!]

• Replies 911
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name: Gerald "Jerry" Cassio

Personality: A little aloof and unsettled, but when battling his youthful exuberance comes straight back. He has an unshakable belief in the goals of Team Purity and repents his criminal past. He isn't necessarily religious, but he definitely is spiritual. One distinguishing factor from his quite quiet disposition is love of classical music and ability to give speeches. He hopes to rise higher in Team Purity to influence things, but respects his superiors and has a very old-fashioned sense of loyalty.

Appearance: A slightly weather-beaten face, granted him age beyond his years. He has a fairly unkempt stubble and a gravelly, but not particularly deep voice. His skin is dark from years spent in hot climates, and he is equally at home in beachwear or a sharp suit from his stockbroker days. He has short brown hair, which is slightly curly but well-kept. His eyes are still youthful and his broad face is shaped by large sideburns and a large mouth, but his nose is quite small. His is of roughly average height, although maybe a little on the taller side (perhaps around 5ft 10in), but he has a presence about him that compensates.

Bio: A former money launderer for Team Rocket with noble and lofty goals, Jerry is very principled and passionate about the cause. The unification of the regions destroyed much of his hometown of Castelia, with many of his family missing or presumed dead. He joined Team Purity to avenge their deaths and the deaths of others at the hands of legendary Pokemon misused by people. As former "top contender" in his youth for the Former State of Unova League, Jerry is a highly competent trainer and hopes to win the tournament to achieve the publicity necessary for Team Purity to reach their goals. After spending seven years training from the age of 10, he spent the next two challenging the Unova League. Both times he was defeated by the young champion Alder. After retreating to the warm climate of the Sevii Islands to train intensively for a couple more years, at the age of 20 he settled down to get a quiet job at a breeding firm with his new wife, looking for financial security. His ability to read markets and deal with money became apparent and he left his job as a breeder to work in Castelia's Stock Exchange. By the age of 22, he was a high-level freelance stockbroker who quietly laundered money for clients for extra cash.

Pokémon: He retains, for the most part, his '18 Championship Team, but has two reserve Pokemon to back them up. His team is:

[spoiler=Team]

Hasty Mienshao (m) [Regenerator]

U-Turn

Hi-Jump Kick

Stone Edge

Hidden Power Ice

Modest Ampharos (f) [Static]

Volt Switch

Focus Blast

Thunder

Hidden Power Ice

Adamant Klinklang (genderless) [Clear Body]

Shift Gear

Gear Grind

Substitute

Return

Bold Cofagrigus (m) [Mummy]

Will-o-Wisp

Shadow Ball

Pain Split

Psychic

Adamant Samurott (m) [Torrent]

Swords Dance

Aqua Jet

Razor Shell

Megahorn

Timid Cryogonal (genderless) [Levitate]

Ice Beam

Recover

Reflect

Hidden Power Fire

His reserve Pokemon were in his '17 team, but he replaced them with Cryogonal and Cofagrigus for his '18 team. They are:

Timid Lilligant (f) [Chlorophyll]

Quiver Dance

Sleep Powder

Giga Drain

Hidden Power Fire

Adamant Haxorus (f) [Mold Breaker]

Dragon Claw

Superpower

Earthquake

Aqua Tail[/spoiler]

Name: Gerald "Jerry" Cassio

Personality: A little aloof and unsettled, but when battling his youthful exuberance comes straight back. He has an unshakable belief in the goals of Team Purity and repents his criminal past. He isn't necessarily religious, but he definitely is spiritual. One distinguishing factor from his quite quiet disposition is love of classical music and ability to give speeches. He hopes to rise higher in Team Purity to influence things, but respects his superiors and has a very old-fashioned sense of loyalty.

Appearance: A slightly weather-beaten face, granted him age beyond his years. He has a fairly unkempt stubble and a gravelly, but not particularly deep voice. His skin is dark from years spent in hot climates, and he is equally at home in beachwear or a sharp suit from his stockbroker days. He has short brown hair, which is slightly curly but well-kept. His eyes are still youthful and his broad face is shaped by large sideburns and a large mouth, but his nose is quite small. His is of roughly average height, although maybe a little on the taller side (perhaps around 5ft 10in), but he has a presence about him that compensates.

Bio: A former money launderer for Team Rocket with noble and lofty goals, Jerry is very principled and passionate about the cause. The unification of the regions destroyed much of his home town of Castelia, with many of his family missing or presumed dead. He joined Team Purity to avenge their deaths and the deaths of others at the hands of legendary Pokemon misused by people. As former "top contender" in his youth for the Unova League, Jerry is a highly competent trainer and hopes to win the tournament to achieve the publicity necessary for Team Purity to reach their goals. After spending seven years training from the age of 10, he spent the next two challenging the Unova League. Both times he was defeated by the young champion Alder. After retreating to the warm climate of the Sevii Islands to train intensively for a couple more years, at the age of 20 he settled down to get a quiet job at a breeding firm with his new wife, looking for financial security. His ability to read markets and deal with money became apparent and he left his job as a breeder to work in Castelia's Stock Exchange. By the age of 22, he was a top freelance stockbroker. Team Rocket, then in its infancy, snapped him up to work as head of a front company for their money laundering activities.

Pokémon: He retains, for the most part, his '18 Championship Team, but has two reserve Pokemon to back them up. His team is:

[spoiler=Team]

Hasty Mienshao (m) @ Expert Belt [Regenerator]

U-Turn

Hi-Jump Kick

Stone Edge

Hidden Power Ice

Modest Ampharos (f) @ Leftovers [Static]

Volt Switch

Focus Blast

Thunder

Hidden Power Ice

Adamant Klinklang (genderless) @ Life Orb [Plus]

Shift Gear

Gear Grind

Substitute

Return

Bold Cofagrigus (m) @ Leftovers [Mummy]

Will-o-Wisp

Shadow Ball

Pain Split

Psychic

Adamant Samurott (m) @ Lum Berry [Torrent]

Swords Dance

Aqua Jet

Razor Shell

Megahorn

Timid Cryogonal (genderless) @ NeverMeltIce [Levitate]

Ice Beam

Recover

Reflect

Hidden Power Fire

His reserve Pokemon were in his '17 team, but he replaced them with Cryogonal and Cofagrigus for his '18 team. They are:

Timid Lilligant (f) @ Big Root [Chlorophyll]

Quiver Dance

Sleep Powder

Giga Drain

Hidden Power Fire

Adamant Haxorus (f) @ Choice Band or Lum Berry [Mold Breaker]

Dragon Claw

Superpower

Earthquake

Aqua Tail[/spoiler]

There are only two problems with the application. 1)The Merge happened 50 years ago, so by your characters age, he won't have been able to see it. 2)We don't use items on the Pokemon in this RP. That really isn't too big of a problem though.  

There are only two problems with the application. 1)The Merge happened 50 years ago, so by your characters age, he won't have been able to see it. 2)We don't use items on the Pokemon in this RP. That really isn't too big of a problem though.  

Okay, how about his parents were old enough to tell him terrible stories about the merger and we get rid of his crooked Rocket career (he just worked as a stockbroker and laundered a bit of money). I'll edit the application.

I think the only really Item anyone has is an Everstone on my Quilava, but that's not a battle item, its an item that prevents him evolving.

It's probably gonna be removed towards the end battle of the RP. That'll be alright, yeah, Rene?

Yeah that's no problem. The items are just so that no one gets an idea that their Pokemon is going to have an edge in a battle. Of course if you want one item that is fine or whatnot, or if it essential to a story plot, like Quilava's that is fine. I just don't want it to end up like competitive Pokemon where you throw random items on guys to make them battle worthy.

It looks like I'm finally going to get a chance to show off N.N's immortality...I hope so anyhow, because I've been wanting to describe his regeneration for a long while now. By the way, there's quite a high chance that all three Legendary Dogs will recognize the guy. Did I get all the details right, by the way?

As for Areo, his Charizard is useless in the storm, so...

Well you could have them use Psychic on N.N. and have them levitate him through the air. That'd look bad ass, floating through the air with N Unown floating around you as you silently glide through a downpour with your arms crossed and a stern expression.

Of course then you face the problem of if the Unown have to do something else. I'd estimate it'd take 3 Unown to lift N.N. into the air and keep him there, so if they have to do something else . . . N.N. is gonna drop like a rock.

After reading back through the posts, if I'm not mistaken, I think the whole ship thing is over and done with, so I edited my post.

Well you could have them use Psychic on N.N. and have them levitate him through the air. That'd look bad ass, floating through the air with N Unown floating around you as you silently glide through a downpour with your arms crossed and a stern expression.

Of course then you face the problem of if the Unown have to do something else. I'd estimate it'd take 3 Unown to lift N.N. into the air and keep him there, so if they have to do something else . . . N.N. is gonna drop like a rock.

Only problem with that is that Unowns can only use Hidden Power~ of course, I do plan on them displaying abilities similar to the third Pokemon Movie, but they can only use that power when at least five of them are together.

I think I'll just have him stand on them like a platform next time. It's a lot cooler than having him dangle near-helplessly in the air.

Unown kill count: 2 

I like the standing thing...

I thought it was only 1, but perhaps we could make it a contest. How many of N.N's Unowns can we kill in this RP?

Anyhow Ice just caught a Strange Man, and doesn't know what to do with it. Maybe she'll just put in the box. 

I thought it was only 1, but perhaps we could make it a contest. How many of N.N's Unowns can we kill in this RP?

;_;

I thought you lot were supposed to be the good guys.

But in any case, the Sucker Punch'd Unown probably won't be given the chance to return back to N.N seeing as how it was spying on the Swords of Justice and just got outed. I guess that's counted as a 'loss'.

[quote name="Kirei Kotomine" post="6229052" timestamp="1372308754"]
It looks like I'm finally going to get a chance to show off N.N's immortality...I hope so anyhow, because I've been wanting to describe his regeneration for a long while now. By the way, there's quite a high chance that all three Legendary Dogs will recognize the guy. Did I get all the details right, by the way?

As for Areo, his Charizard is useless in the storm, so...
[/quote]

If you're looking for a reason for why the Dog's know him, he could always have been responsible for the fire that killed them in the first place. That'd be a good enough reason for them not to like him.

And Jake, you've gained a whole new level of respect from me for what you're doing with this plot thing. :D I'm loving all these twists and confusion. I'd assume that it just makes Deoxys the main bad guy for you, but then I'm left thinking 'what if Deoxys is being controlled by a higher power; and I'm getting seriously tense. Thank you man. It's brilliant.

If you're looking for a reason for why the Dog's know him, he could always have been responsible for the fire that killed them in the first place. That'd be a good enough reason for them not to like him.

While that sounds like an interesting idea, N.N was a good guy back then so I'm not exactly sure how that would work out~

Archived