New start and new ending phase for yugioh?

I've been testing this:

Both players start with only 2 cards in their hand.

Same Phases occur:

Draw Phase 1, Standby Phase, Main Phase 1, Battle Phase, Main Phase 2, End Phase.

Then after End Phase: Draw Phase 2.

Also, at the End Phase you would discard cards until you have 5 in hand, since you'll max out in Draw Phase 2. If you draw more cards in Draw Phase 2, those stay in your hand (for example activating Jar of Greed or such).

So far the implications of this method of dueling seems quite different, with a very strange way of changing speed. At first, it's slow, but as the game progresses, speed increases.

But enough of me, what do you guys think?

Well of course it doesn't because there isn't a 2nd draw phase in the real game. <-< You just have to use common sense.

But I'm interested to know whether it would restrict the Draw in the Draw Phase 2 which could go either way, it's not that silly a question.

Here's the problem with that. After the End Phases happens the 2nd Draw Phase happens which means your hand size will go to 7.

So? You still discard a card. If this is suppose to be a new way to play, let it be as such. I don't suggest that it should be changed. But that's just my 2 cents.

Archived