Bat-Format

So, I thought it would be fun to try this on my own, since I gained interest in Chance's Format. The format is called Bat Format, or short B-F. This is the rules of the format:

1. You can only Summon 3 monsters pre turn (you can only Summon 3 monsters in your opponent's turn as well), includes Normal and Specials. Flip Summon is not included, only the Set of the monster is, so you can Flip Summon 3 monsters and still have 3 Summons left. Gemini Summons are also not included. UPDATED: I have decided to change the rule about addtional Summons, now if you get an extra Normal, it doesn't add up to 4 anymore. NEW: I totaly forgot about this, so before anybody asks, if you attempt to Summon multiples at the same time, you are allowed to do so, but only as many as you have Summons for, so if you use something like Scapegoat, you will only get 3 monsters. This doesn't mean that you can just go around and use cards up if you don't have any left, you still need at least 1 to activate such cards. Also, if you Summon something that's not a Token, like from the Deck, you are only gonna Summon 1, and the other is gonna stay in the Deck, Graveyard or what ever place it was.
2. Only 1 Extra Deck monster can be Summoned from the Extra Deck per turn (meaning they can be Special Summoned from the Graveyard/Banished Zone). NEW: You are allowed to Chaos Xyz Summon, as that would suck for those decks if they had to be slower than needed IMO, should that be changed? Tell me below.
3. Alt wins are banned. You can play the cards, but if you were to get an alt win, nothing would happen.
4. You are allowed to pick 1, and only 1, Forbidden card and put it in your Deck, except those that say that the "may not be chosen". This includes Forbidden cards not on the list as well.

UPDATED READ! You can now have any number of cards in your Deck (that is above 40), and alt wins are banned, Chaos Xyzs do not count towards the only 1 ED summon, and I see that I made a flaw in regards to Summons, as I stated you could not summon more monsters if you had only 1 summon left, but I also said you could. It's the latter that's correct.

[spoiler=Forbidden]
Archlord Kristya
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning (May not be chosen)
Brain Control (May not be chosen)
Butterfly Dagger - Elma (May not be chosen)
Card Destruction
Card of Safe Return (May not be chosen)
Change of Heart (May not be chosen)

Chaos Emperor Dragon - Envoy of the End (May not be chosen)
Cold Wave (May not be chosen)
Confiscation (May not be chosen)
Crush Card Virus (May not be chosen)
Cyber Jar (May not be chosen)
Cyber-Stein (May not be chosen)

Dark Hole
Dark Magician of Chaos (May not be chosen)
Dark Strike Fighter (May not be chosen)
Delinquent Duo (May not be chosen)
Destiny HERO - Disk Commander
Dimension Fusion (May not be chosen)
Exchange of the Spirit (May not be chosen)
Fiber Jar (May not be chosen)
Gateway of the Six (May not be chosen)
Giant Trunade (May not be chosen)

Goyo Guardian (May not be chosen)
Graceful Charity (May not be chosen)
Harpie's Feather Duster (May not be chosen)

Heavy Storm
Imperial Order (May not be chosen)
Last Turn (May not be chosen)

Last Will (May not be chosen)
Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En (May not be chosen)
Limiter Removal
Magical Scientist (May not be chosen)
Magician of Fate
Nakyura the Destructor (May not be chosen)

Metamorphosis (May not be chosen)
Mind Control

Mind Master (May not be chosen)
Painful Choice (May not be chosen)
Pot of Greed (May not be chosen)
Premature Burial (May not be chosen)
Mirage of Nightmare (May not be chosen)

Morphing Jar (May not be chosen)
Raigeki (May not be chosen)
Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon (May not be chosen)
Rekindling
Rescue Cat (May not be chosen)
Return from the Different Dimension
Ring of Destruction (May not be chosen)
Royal Oppresion (May not be chosen)
Sangan (May not be chosen)
Self Destruct Button (May not be chosen)
Sinister Serpant (May not be chosen)
Sixth Sense (May not be chosen)
Snatch Steal (May not be chosen)
Spirit Reaper
Solemn Judgement
Substitoad (May not be chosen)
Temple of the Kings (May not be chosen)
The Forceful Sentry (May not be chosen)
Thousand-Eyes Retrict (May not be chosen)
Time Seal (May not be chosen)
Trap Dustshoot (May not be chosen)
Tribe-Infection Virus (May not be chosen)
Trishul, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (May not be chosen)
Thunder King Rai-Oh
Victory Dragon (May not be chosen)

Wind-Up Carrierer Zenmaity (May not be chosen)
Witch of the Black Forest (May not be chosen)
Yata-Garasu (May not be chosen)
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Limited]
Debris Dragon
Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
Fire Formation - Tenki
Foolish Burial

Hieratic Dragon King of Atum
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness
Lonesome Blossom

Mass Driver
Monster Reborn
One for One
Pot of Duality
Reinforcement of the Army

Solemn Warning
Tour Guide of the Underworld
Tragoedia
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Semilimited]
Card Trooper
Evilgishki Gustkraken
Hieratic Seal of Convocation
Necroface
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole
Night Assailant
Rescue Rabbit

Ultimate Offering
[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Unlimited]
There's currently none here.[/spoiler]

The first rule seems like it needs to be a little bit refined. So you can only Normal or Special Summon up to 3 times per turn, but everytime you activate an effect that let's you Normal Summon again it doesn't count? That almost makes the Normal Summon limit redundant.

Other than that, I'm still reading.

The first rule seems like it needs to be a little bit refined. So you can only Normal or Special Summon up to 3 times per turn, but everytime you activate an effect that let's you Normal Summon again it doesn't count? That almost makes the Normal Summon limit redundant.

Other than that, I'm still reading.

Well unless it's Constellar, Lswarm, Kurakuri and others that got an extra normal summon ( but those can be used once to boost it up to 1 more Normal) only something like Ultimate Offering could do that.

Well unless it's Constellar, Lswarm, Kurakuri and others that got an extra normal summon ( but those can be used once to boost it up to 1 more Normal) only something like Ultimate Offering could do that.

The Madolche combo likes this too, but I'm a bit more concerned of Hunders.

I`d like to see Self-Destruct Button banned, to remove the "once per Duel" from Reborn, and to add a different cost/downside to activating Reborn (ex. taking damage equal to the Summoned monster`s Level and/or ATK, etc.)

Other than that, I think it`s great.

I`d like to see Self-Destruct Button banned, to remove the "once per Duel" from Reborn, and to add a different cost/downside to activating Reborn (ex. taking damage equal to the Summoned monster`s Level and/or ATK, etc.)

Other than that, I think it`s great.

SDB will be banned as it's stupid as hell, about Reborn, I don't think that would really don't know if that would make more balanced in my book. Making it once per Duel means that it's impossible to get it back and reuse it. I could make it only from your Grave maybe.

SDB will be banned as it's stupid as hell, about Reborn, I don't think that would really don't know if that would make more balanced in my book. Making it once per Duel means that it's impossible to get it back and reuse it. I could make it only from your Grave maybe.

I guess that would work for Reborn.

Also, if you decide not to make Sangan a "may not be used" card, try changing his effect to "Cannot be Special Summoned. When this card is destroyed and sent to the Graveyard: Add 1 monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck to your hand, except "Sangan" or a "Forbidden One" monster." This way you miss the timing if Tributed/Synchro`d/Fusion`d for a Summon/effect, can`t use it to get Exodia, and you can`t re-use him with Reborn and that kind of stuff, unless you use cards similar to Monster Reincarnation.

EDIT: Crossed that unnessecary part out because if it`s forbidden and choosable,you still cant add another Sangan.

[quote name="cr47t" post="6182173" timestamp="1366066478"] I guess that would work for Reborn.     Also, if you decide [i]not[/i] to make Sangan a "may not be used" card, try changing his effect to "[i]Cannot be Special Summoned. [/i]When this card is [i]destroyed and[/i] sent to the Graveyard: Add 1 monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck to your hand[i], except "Sangan" or a "Forbidden One" monster[/i]." This way you miss the timing if Tributed/Synchro`d/Fusion`d for a Summon/effect, can`t use it to get Exodia, and you can`t re-use him with Reborn and that kind of stuff, unless you use cards similar to Monster Reincarnation.[/quote] Your balance seems alright, I still dislike it's design, but Ill condsider it

Ideas:

If you haven`t yet, and want to: Remove Reborn`s once-per-Duel edit and edit it so it can`t Summon from your opponent`s grave. (like you earlier posted)

And I might sound crazy on this, but try editing Confiscation so it doesn't reveal your opponent`s hand, and if you do, make it choosable (but still forbidden).

Ideas:

If you haven`t yet, and want to: Remove Reborn`s once-per-Duel edit and edit it so it can`t Summon from your opponent`s grave. (like you earlier posted)

And I might sound crazy on this, but try editing Confiscation so it doesn't reveal your opponent`s hand, and if you do, make it choosable (but still forbidden).

I changed that a bit.

Hey zazu, I guess I'll give my thoughts on one aspect of your format.

The biggest thing I dislike about it, is that you'v changed some effects of the cards. While I can understand the thought process behind it, I cant say I agree with it. Mainly because, cards were given their effects for a reason. Sure, it led to them either being bad design or just broken but their effects are still theirs. Not only that but those that decide to play this format would have to look at this thread while dueling to see the edits provided they run any of the cards that have been edited. Which I'm sure you can guess is annoying.

Anyways, that's just what I think. Others might & will think differently.

Hey zazu, I guess I'll give my thoughts on one aspect of your format.

The biggest thing I dislike about it, is that you'v changed some effects of the cards. While I can understand the thought process behind it, I cant say I agree with it. Mainly because, cards were given their effects for a reason. Sure, it led to them either being bad design or just broken but their effects are still theirs. Not only that but those that decide to play this format would have to look at this thread while dueling to see the edits provided they run any of the cards that have been edited. Which I'm sure you can guess is annoying.

Anyways, that's just what I think. Others might & will think differently.

It's suppose to be more of a fun format, though I can see how some might find it annoying. It's mostly because I am not sure where they should have their place in the ban list, so I decided to change them so they were more like I wanted them. If somebody can put all of back into section they think would work, then I can take away the edits. I am not sure where they should myself right now though. I'm gonna change them myself, but of course if you think they shouldn't be there, be sure to tell.

EDIT: Alright, I changed it now.

Archived