Quillan's thoughts of food vanished when he saw the dragon. It had no scales and wings were made of tattered skin. It was nothing like Ao Kuang. "Looks like there's plenty of fighting for you today. Be steadfast in taking him down in the air. I'll bring out Shar to allow me to take to the sky with you, if you want." Quillan nodded. He wasn't one big for teamwork, but even had to admit that the skeletal dragon was more than a match for himself alone. "Let's do this then." Quillan charged Nidhogg, trying to recall anything he had learned about the beast. Nidhogg was a Norse creature and normally resided in the World Tree, but aside from that Quillan had nothing. He silently berated himself for not listening when Notus had lectured on about dangerous enemies, both mortal and immortal. 

Taking stock of the situation, Quillan thought it best not to rely on powers of the air to win this battle. The Underworld had no sky and it would prove difficult to unleash any sort of powerful combination attack. Drawing his tanto, Quillan leapt into the air. Using his powers, he flew upwards, landing on the dragon's back. Slashing quickling at the skeletal figure, he then somersaulted off the beast, coming down in front of it. As he drifted downwards, he let loose a barrage of shuriken, aiming for the beast's snout. Things were proving more difficult than he had expected. Hopefully Leon would bring more to the party.  

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nidhogg...

A creature Genzai was unfamiliar with at first. But he did hear a few things from the gods of Asgard, when they first met the All-Father. The dragon that gnawed on the roots of the World Tree: Yggdrasill. However, the roots should've been the thing that trapped the reptile from the world. So why was the beast here and now?? Questions like that would have to wait...main focus was to take out this creature...and ensure minimal casualties.

A small smile appeared on the Shinto Vanguard's face, as he gripped the hilt of Mizu Okami, quickly unsheathing it. Finally...frontline tests of my new abilities... he said, as he swung the katana around him, it beginning to glow brightly. "Great warrior from the frontlines of Ryujin's armies...aid me in this fight. Wash away my enemies in your wake: TOKAGE!!!" With a shout, the blade poured out a puddle of water that defied gravity and stood in front of Genzai. A loud audible roar was heard, as from the puddle...a aquatic looking dragon appeared, spiraling around Genzai.

Ahhh! So its finally time for a true battle! Tokage grinned as he roared once again. And against the Nidhogg...Genzai-san, you truly know how to tickle my fancy.

Naruto Shippuden OST ~ Keisei Gyakuten

With simply a nod, Genzai rushed towards the Nidhogg, with Tokage following right behind him. "Ryujin Kenbu 7th form!!" the Shinto Vanguard said, beginning to slash in front of him. As he did so, he began to pick up speed, with water quickly enveloping him....appearing like a water bullet. "Tokage! Assistance!!"

You got it, Genzai-san! Tokage said, raising his claw up, before slashing behind Genzai and his water bullet. TEMPEST CLAW!!! Once the claw made its slashing motion, a small violent wind pushed the Shinto Vanguard's bullet faster, now propelling him towards the Nidhogg.

"The 7th form....AME NO TANTO (Charge of Rain)!!!" Genzai yelled, as the water bullet hit the Nidhogg, now bursting and causing Genzai to fall...luckily Tokage caught him. And where the bullet hit...emerged countless cuts...all done by Genzai. "A successful hit!"

"So much for a peaceful mission." Nailah groaned summoning her Was as she sized up the dragon. Just as the other Vanguards surly thought, it was strange to find Nidhogg here instead of at the World Tree's roots. But whatever it's reason for being here, or how it got here was not a part of their worries. It was simply to subdue the dragon. As expected from his earlier statement, Quillian was the first to ump into action. Taking point in the skys. Though this time he would be joined by Leon who would also attack from the air. Genzai, as always, was not one to be shown up. He wasted no time summoning one of his units, before charging into the heat of battle.

Considering that they other three were taking a direct approach, Nailah figured she was take a different road. She was going to use this opportunity to use one of her newer Words. She removed her mask, this time placing it in a secure spot, and running closer to the action. Nidhogg wasn't going to just sit there and take all of the hits without fighting back. While she knew that Nidhogg wouldn't be stopped completely, or for much longer than 5 seconds if she was lucky, it was a new technique. However, if it could pause his movements for even a second to stun him so he couldn't dodge or defend himself from the onslaught of attacks was enough. "Nidhogg, Takhathuru.

She was hoping her Word would have an effect, but she wasn't very confident considering. Instead she readied herself for her second new Word. Quite the loop hole within Thoth's usual jurisdiction, and not a Word that Thoth would tell her but Nailah knew how to talk her way into getting what she wanted. Even with Thoth, who always seemed to be amused when they have those types of conversations. So with his blessing he taught her one of her first actual attacks, however due to it's nature it was much more difficult than Takhathuru. Holding out her Was she muttered, "Lama'ah." At the tip of her Was heat gathered and the head began to glow in a bright pure light. "Alright, don't flicker out on me." She talked herself up. With three powerful swings the light separated in three heat formed arcs heading for Nidhogg.

As the dragon appeared he gave a small gasp, he wasn't expecting to face much down here but now it seemed that a battle was bound to happen and so rather than charging at the beast like the other vanguards he called Shadowborn to his aid, it would allow him to move faster. But rather than heading straight off he just waited. It was really of no one's knowledge as to why he waited but he did ready [url=http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs14/i/2007/115/0/3/demon_sword_by_McDraw.png]Soulstealer[/url]. He believed that he could probably either take down this foe with one hit so long as he waited or would gather him enough time to find his weak spot.

That being said Antimar was in no rush to get himself killed, the dragon was obviously strong and agile. Taking it down wouldn't be a matter of running at him with everything everyone had got and hoping for the best, rather it would more or less become something that would take time and tactical planning. He began evaluating the situation looking for some form of opening to attack with.

Leon promptly called Shar to his aid and, after mounting his winged unit, took off to the skies with Quillan. Taking heed of his allies motions he followed suit. He was no expert in the air and, as such, would not risk making rookie mistakes, thus adopting Quillan's own techniques into his unit's manoeuvres. Learning through this adaptation he smiled. Quillan could fly, no doubt. He had fluid motions and could flow through the air like a butterfly, and by gosh could his attacks sting like a bee. Leon promptly made his flight, providing Quillan with cover if needed, as he watched how the Vanguard worked.

The tanto's slash at the bony flesh easily cut into Nidhogg's skin and caused the dragon to shriek out in pain. Following such it began to thrash about, which met Quillan's shurikens, each piercing the dragon's leather-like skin. It did certainly expose how feeble this creature was compared to Ao Kuang, and certainly showed the efficiency of the training that Quillan had put into practise. He was using his simply martial arts and was arguably on par with this creature. In forethought, Leon assume that Nidhogg was only causing such issues simply because it had enough range to, and that the forces protecting Elysium just couldn't reach.

Leon was given an opportunity after Quillan's assault on the Dragon. The creature had began to turn towards his ally which promptly gave him an idea. This creature's feeble skin and bone was nothing compared to steel, let alone Heliopolian Craftsmanship - he beckoned forth one of his Assegai, and at the instant the spear had materialized in his grasp, he threw the javelin down with a thundering throw, watching it skewer through Nidhogg's skull and come flying out the other end. With a smirk Leon glanced to his muscular throwing arm, clenching his hand triumphantly as he watched Nidhogg's injuries begin to climb up, rapidly, to its downfall.

The prudent Genzai's diligence was not able to be ignored. It showed so viciously as, upon the receiving end of the 7th form of the Ryujin Kenbu that was the Ame no Tantō, Nidhogg's underbelly was absolutely torn to pieces by the vicious waters. They had such pressure, such force within them, it tore off the flesh and began to quickly corrode against the weak bone of the dragon. A shriek, more appropriately a gargling what with his wings skewered and rendering flight difficult as well as a severely damaged brain, lead Nidhogg to stagger in the air as it slowly began to fall to the ground.

This now completely vulnerable dragon tried to resist, but its fate was sealed when the soft words, Takhuthuru, echoed over the battle scene. Leon watched from above upon Shar as the ancient dragon froze in place, which lead to its crashing decent to the floor below to hasten, with much more speed. Like clockwork, the expert Vanguard's three flaming arcs soon followed, which seared back flesh and scorched bone to such an extent, the dragon began to crumble down. The glowing light in its eyes dimming into opaque eye-pockets, Nidhogg crashed into the sea below, the splash great and heavy.

Quillan landed on the barren ground, taking a defensive pose in case Nidhogg decided to counterattack. Luckily for him, the other Vanguards had his back. Assault after assault, the skeletal dragon fell prey to a barrage of powerful attacks from Quillan's allies. Crashing into the sea below, Quillan did a double backflip to avoid the waters. He wasn't an expert on the Underworld, but touching the waters meant for the dead certainly was not an appealing thought. Sheathing his tanto, Quillan surveyed the scene. The team had worked together nearly flawlessly. It was really quite amazing how cohesive they had become since their first battle on the grounds of Bilfrost. 

Still, the battle worried Quillan. Never before had he felt a limit on his powers. Sure, there had been times where his anger and own self absorption had clouded his ability to reach into the power of the sky, but not like this. To find that his abilities could be crumpled so easily was like a slap in the face. A wake up call. He tried to conceal his worry, but he was sure that the other Vanguards could probably tell something was up. Unlike himself, they seemed to analyze every situation down to the last detail. 

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew0vGxOIyHs]Bleach OST ~ Here to Stay[/url]

Down the Nidhogg fell, as Genzai sheathed his blade. He turned to look at the other Vanguard, as Tokage returned to where the Units remain, until called again. The team he was apart of, these allies he associated with...this was the first time he had thought about what they've contributed to him. Quillan, the one that he never quite saw eye to eye with, was one who quickly got on his nerves (or the other way around). However, when the team needed a wild card and even a miracle, somehow Quillan was always there to bring not just honor to his Patron God, but a hand with his abilities. However right now...Quillan was unable to do anything in the Nidhogg battle. The Shinto Vanguard understood the feeling of having this on his shoulders, he felt the same way back when Ryujin began to train him all those years ago. Genzai approached Quillan, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Quillan, never think of your powers as having a limit. Your one in this team that seems to make the impossible, possible. Never let the wind in your sails, ever, falter."

Once he said this, he walked past Quillan and the others, almost as if he had one thing on his mind. "We must press onwards. The Isle of Elysium and the heroes await us." he simply said.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z06-1jqH1Ag]Gurren Lagann OST ~ Adai Villages Decosuke[/url]

Doubtfully, none of the other Vanguards, save Leon, couldn't tell that something was troubling Genzai greatly. He pressed on ahead of the others, stopping a nice distance away from the group, as he looked at the bleak and grim horizon the Underworld had to offer. With each pressing step, he could hear the wails and cries for help of the souls who wandered within this realm. Slowly, Genzai reached under his scarf, looking at a small necklace with a sapphire teardrop medallion on it. He had remembered he always had this...but he never knew why he had it. Ryujin always told him, it was given to him by someone...someone who died a long time ago. Before, this would never have bothered him.

But why...? Why now...?

What...could this mean? Why am I feeling this way?? The Shinto Vanguard thought, not noticing a lone tear falling down his face.

Nailah grinned, jumping from her success. "Haha! I did it! Wait until he hears about this! I used two of them in a row and it was flawless!" Some of the other Greek Vanguards watched her in either amusement or in worry for her sanity. Putting her personal victory aside, the lot of them worked in perfect sync. They managed to defeat Nidhogg with no casualties at all. Looking at the others, she found that her happiness for this victory wasn't wholeheartedly shared. There was Quillian, who appeared pretty worried over something. She looked down, having caught on to his problem quite quickly. Anyone would feel frustrated if after all the training you did, you couldn't do much in the first battle since then. Not only that but he was itching for a fight, and when it was presented to him he didn't perform at his best. Genzai said something to him, then walked off. Though she didn't know him as well as Leon did, she had been around him enough to know that this wasn't normal behavior for him. Something was off with him too. She wanted to see if she could be of help, but didn't want to overstep her boundaries especially if they wanted to be alone. "Great..." She looked up at Leon. At least he seemed ok. She smiled at him and waved.

"Quillan, never think of your powers as having a limit. You're one in this team that seems to make the impossible, possible. Never let the wind in your sails, ever, falter." Quillan smiled at these words. Despite his dislike for Genzai, he seemed to at least understand his problem. He reminded Quillan of Notus. Both were full of ever present words of wisdom, that occasionally got on Quillan's nerves, but they were well meant, nonetheless. He attempted to say something in return, but couldn't come up with anything that could fill the awkward hole there now. 

As Genzai walked away, Quillan stared on. It would seem that he wasn't the only one that the Underworld was troubling. He turned as he heard Nailah shouting about her success. He had never seen the Egyptian Vanguard so overjoyed by far, it appeared that her training had paid off. The thought made Quillan's spirits dampen even farther, but he put on a false smile. He wasn't about to let the impossibilities of the situation stop him from making things possible. He wouldn't falter.

Going over to Genzai, he put his hand on his shoulder, similar to the way that the Shinto Vanguard had done before. "I know that we're not friends or anything, Genzai," He started, trying to channel some sort of profane wisdom that might be lying dormant within him. "but I want you to know that I am here for you. We are a team, and teammates have each others' backs...on and off the battlefield."

In his mind, raced thousands of questions that Genzai could think of about this teardrop gem hanging around his neck. He sighed, as he just couldn't think at all about anything else now...just the necklace...however he was soon brought back to reality...as Quillan grabbed his shoulder in the same manner he did.

"I know that we're not friends or anything, Genzai, but I want you to know that I am here for you. We are a team, and teammates have each others' backs...on and off the battlefield."

The Shinto Vanguard looked at Quillan, seeing he was actually sincere in saying this. Before long, a small smile appeared on Genzai's face, as he hid the necklace beneath his scarf once more. "Quillan...Notus would be proud of the growth you've shown." he said, placing his hand on Quillan's shoulder as well. "Thank you for reminding me, that this team has always had my back." Before long, Genzai gave his slight bow, as he then returned to the group with Quillan beside him.

These questions...they must wait. Wait until I speak to Ryujin again... The Shinto Vanguard thought. And hopefully...he tell me the truth...

As Leon was in flight, he felt a voice beckon to him. Following such he glanced over to Clair, and nodded in thought. It was Athena. She had recalled Clair for the moment, claiming she needed a little more training before dealing with this mission. Leon perceived that maybe Athena didn't want any others rubbing off on Clair than her, possibly a little bit protective of her. It made him smile, and Leon chose to believe this is what was to be.

Leon caught sight and heared the ongoings between Genzai and Quillan. Truth be told he did not think they'd get along. They were almost polar opposites, so many differences between them, more than he really wanted to count. Then again, in dispute, it is undeniable that opposites do attract. On that premise, then, they'd be all but best friends. Leon chuckled a little in contemplative thought as Shar, his loyal Unit Gryffon, descended from the heights and landed back upon the shores of Elysium. While, indeed, there was no sky as Quillan noted, the air above Elysium deceived, as it was meant to: it appeared to be clear skies, symbolizing the paradise very well.

In the spirit of opposites attracting, Nailah had waved to him as he descended from the air. He took an analytical gander and spotted her to be alone, hence the gaze directed towards himself. Figuring that she'd want some company, just as the brothers that were Genzai and Quillan gave each other, Leon returned the wave and chuckled, having Shar leave the presence and await further orders, but of course not before nuzzling her head with gratitude. Laughing to her affectionate caws, he said "Return now, friend."

As he approached Nailah he chuckled and looked over to where Nidhogg rested for eternity. There'd be no way he'd escape the grasp of the Styx. "I have to say Nailah, I'm impressed. You all but bulldozed him!" Looking to her with admiration he chuckled. "Really, great job. You're really getting stronger. I've never heard those words before, and you used them so easily, so beautifully; you made it seem so easy." He smiled to her for a moment, before glancing over to Quillan and Genzai, before retuning his smile back to Nailah. "I don't think we'll be fighting anymore. Come with me, I have an idea which should make this process easier on us. Also, Genzai and Quillan, they don't bite, you know?"

Eventually he approached Genzai and Quillan, hoping Nailah would join him. "I'm glad you two enjoyed your talk, but it is time we finished this damn mission. Clair's gone to Athena, for a while. So, it is us lot again." Smiling, he glanced back to Elysium. "We know where all the warrior heroes are at, and I can assume others, like the thinkers, will be there too." He then returned his gaze back to his comrades, before taking out a number of emblems, all resembling a small variant of Athena's shield. "This is our badge of office, for the moment. It'll be what we use to persuade them to join us. They'll have heard of the on-goings and realize our affiliation is with the Alliance."

Leon then distributed the emblems, before slapping his own upon his peck. "Battle Plan: We split up, rally peeps, then meet up here when we've got who we're after. Those who want to stay will stay. Be sure to try and convince them within reason, as always."

Following this, Leon proceeded to begin the recruitment process. He would act as a leader for the other Vanguards in terms of direction, as he had gone to the town where the Nidhogg had attacked, where logic assumed a lot of people would be. It was there where Leon began to recruit, seeking out meritted soldiers, heroes such as Ajax, and of course Achilles. Said hero was the most difficult to recruit, he favoured not the Gods, to which Leon had to employ a persuasion of fame. Indeed, recruitment wasn't fighting, but with his innate ability to inspire, to motivate, to grant morale to many admired souls, who then were following his lead - Leon couldn't have been happier.

Quillan weaved his way through buildings and spirits. Unlike the others, he really had no idea what or who he was looking for. He scrolled through a list of heroes in his brain. None of them really seemed to pop at him. There was Heracles of course, but he had been turned immortal in his own right and was probably off doing the biddings of some higher god. "You look like you are on a hunt. I love a good hunt." Turning, Quillan saw a person...or rather spirit, with darkened skin. Her dark hair was long, tied back in a ponytail. She wore clothes that looked to be made from the fur of animals.

"Um...good for you." Quillan said, trying to walk away. He got a few steps before the woman appeared in front of him. "So what are you looking for?" She asked, obviously ignoring the fact that Quillan was eager to be rid of her company. "Um...heroes...you know to fight in the war." Quillan tried to explain. It sounded ridiculous when said out loud, and he was hoping that this woman would leave him alone, thinking he was just another crazy mortal. "Pffft, who needs heroes? Men are clumsy and bull headed." The woman said, sneering at the thought of men. I like this girl. Vex said, appearing beside Quillan. If the woman was surprised by the sudden appearance of the storm spirit, she didn't give any indication. "Typical of a girl to think. You should just stay out of my way." Quillan said, obviously angered by the woman's words. Quillan may have battled with a number of powerful heroines, but they had each proved themselves in battle. This woman was just boasting about something she knew nothing about.

"I challenge you to a fight. If I win, you have to let me join your hunt." The woman said to Quillan, as he tried to walk away. Intrigued by the prospect, Quillan answered. "But if I win, you have to admit that men are superior to women." Quillan said, already smiling at the idea of defeating this woman. You are so in over your head. Do you even know who that is? Vex asked, her voice filled with amusement. Quillan waved the storm spirit off, not wanting to listen to her ramblings. "Then it is a fight you shall have." The woman said. A spear appeared in her hands. Flourishing it in an impressive manner, she charged Quillan, shouting a battle cry.

The people spirits around them cleared out, leaving room for the two to fight. Quillan leapt into the air, using his superior agility and flexibility to leap over the woman. Coming down behind her, he drew his tanto. Lunging forward, Quillan planned to take the woman by surprise and end the fight quickly, but faster than Quillan could see, the woman turned around, batting Quillan aside with the butt of her spear. Tumbling to the ground, Quillan continued to roll so as to dodge the crushing power of the spear as the woman hurled it at the Vanguard.

Leaping to his feet, Quillan shot a barrage of shuriken at the woman, slowly realizing that the fight might not be as easy as he had expected. The woman lunged to the side, dodging the throwing stars easily. Turning the controlled fall into a cartwheel, the woman landed on her feet. Holding out her hands, two large hunting knives appeared in them. "You aren't bad mortal. But I should have you know, that no mortal has ever bested me in a fair fight. I am Atlanta, the mighty huntress!" 

Unable to move out of the way of the charging woman, Quillan thrust his hands outward. A small gust erupted from his palms, causing Atlanta to stumble. Using the moment to his advantage, Quillan attacked. Landing a solid kick to the sprawling woman's chest, Quillan followed through and pinned Atlanta on the ground, his tanto at her neck. "Not so mighty now, are you?" Quillan said, an amused smile appearing on his face. 

Atlanta sneered. "I see you have been gifted by the gods. That makes you filthier than just a man." She said. Before Quillan knew what was happening, the dark skinned huntress began to sprout fur. Her teeth began to elongate and her eyes became narrowed. Quillan was now trying to pin a golden lion to the ground. With a mighty roar, the lion threw Quillan off with a swipe of the back of its paw. Landing on his hands, Quillan did a flip to regain his footing. Atlanta had transformed into a lion. 

"Holy shi-" Before Quillan could finish, the enormous lion leapt forward, covering the distance between the two with a single bound. The beast's claws raked against Quillan's chest, causing him to cry out in pay. Falling flat on his back Quillan now found himself pinned. The lion's massive jaw opened in front of him, revealing dozens of sharp teeth. With a final roar, the lion transformed back into Atlanta. "You were blessed by the gods. I was cursed by them." Atlanta said, her voice and eyes full of malice. 

"I'm not done yet." Quillan said. A vicious wind picked up around Quillan. He closed his eyes, concentrating. You're one in this team that seems to make the impossible, possible. The words of Genzai echoed in his ears. Giving his last burst of strength, a massive blast of air shot Atlanta into the air. Landing with a thud, the huntress groaned. Getting to his feet, Quillan drew his tanto. His breathing was heavy, the last attack had taken a lot out of him. His chest burned fiercely. Looking down, three long gashes cut through his shirt, blood weeping from the wounds. 

Atlanta began to rise. Another spear appeared in her hands. It would appear that she wasn't done yet. She reached back her hand, preparing to thrust the weapon towards Quillan. Before she could, however, a voice echoed across the battlefield. "STOP!" The spear in Atlanta's hand disappeared, her ferocious gleam disappearing. Stepping onto the battlefield, an imposing figure commanded their attention. 

"Perseus, what cause do you have for interrupting my fun?" Atlanta asked, obviously irritated with the hero. Quillan could only stare on. It was Perseus. Slayer of Medusa and savior of Andromeda. 

Walking alone through the crumbled buildings of the Underworld, the Shinto Vanguard felt out of place. These Grecian spirits down here were of different lifestyles than he was used to...and even he had trouble finding who he was looking for. He was given the mission from Poseidon, Greek god of the sea, after talking with Ryujin about his performances. Theseus, his son...the king of Athens...and even more, the slayer of the Minotaur. Feats of his greatness did indeed spark an accord with Genzai, however...finding the son of Poseidon would be hard for him.

"Never before have I seen a warrior in such an outfit." Genzai stopped as he heard someone call to him, as he saw a ghostly man sitting atop some rubble of a crumbled building. "Tell me, from where do you hail?"

Genzai looked at the man as he bowed slightly. "From Japan."

"Ahh, a Japanese warrior. Not many of those roam the Underworld." the man said as he hopped off the rubble, now standing in front of Genzai. "Your purpose?"

"To find the Greek Heroes here. The day of Ragnarok has arrived, and the gods on Olympus have sent me and my allies to bring you back." The Shinto Vanguard stated, as he noticed the man smirking a bit.

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXftTevqn7w]PJ&TLT OST ~ The Minotaur[/url]

"Oh they did? Well...I'm sorry, but unless you defeat me...you will not get the son of Poseidon." The man said, as a sword formed into his hand. "I hope you realize...this blade has killed the Minotaur..."

Genzai smirked back, as he unsheathed his katana as he looked at the man: Theseus. A fight between me and a true hero...my skills shall truly be put to the test now. he thought, as the two rushed towards one another and clashed their blades together.

The two's blades began then a blur of metal clashing, sparks flying every which way. Neither of them were quitting and neither of them were showing any signs of quitting or even slowing down. Genzai soon began to find slight cuts on his arm from the small slashes Theseus had done, but he pressed on, as he had to finish this mission. That's when Theseus' next cut, ripped the Shinto Vanguard's scarf...now just showing his sapphire teardrop necklace.

"That necklace...your god allowed you to keep it?" Theseus asked, as he looked at it intently.

Genzai looked and then held his necklace, looking away. "Yes....Ryujin told me...it belonged to someone before me...but he never said who it was." he said, before looking back up to Theseus, who then slashed at Genzai's leg, which missed.

"I see...the gods have yet to trust you with a harsh truth as well." Theseus said, as the blade in his hand disappeared. "The gods withheld truths from all heroes in my day. It doesn't surprise me they continue..." The son of Poseidon sighed as he saw the Shinto Vanguard look at him funny. "Japanese warrior, I will follow you back to Olympus. If only to help you find out that truth you seek."

Genzai looked at the necklace around his neck again, then at Theseus. He nodded slightly, as the two shook hands. "Very well, son of Poseidon."

Victory Fanfare!

THESEUS HAS JOINED THE BATTLE!!

Quillan walked with his arms crossed, grumbling to himself. The dark skinned warrior woman, Atlanta, walked behind him, running her mouth faster than her feet. "What do you mean you don't want me? I am the mighty huntress? Aphrodite herself hates me. That's gotta mean something. Hey, you even listening to me?" Atlanta grabbed Quillan's shoulder spinning him around. The two made eye contact, the energy visible in the air. "No, I don't want you. You are a big mouthed girl that thinks she is all that because you freaking killed some giant boar. You are no hero. Now he, he is a hero." Quillan said, pointing the warrior that followed the pair. After breaking up their fight, Perseus had healed the large gashes in Quillan's shirt with some sweet tasting elixir. He had been hesitant to drink it at first, but Perseus had assured him that its origins were not of the Underworld.

"I'm no hero, Quillan." Perseus said, his voice calm. Throughout their entire meeting, Perseus had shown nearly no emotion and had been trying to keep the peace between Atlanta and Quillan. "Alright, so I might not be a hero." Atlanta retorted, "but I proved that I can fight. I beat your butt didn't I?" Atlanta asked, sticking her finger in Quillan's face. At her word's Quillan's face blossomed red with anger. Shaking his head he responded. "No, no, no. I am pretty sure that I was the one kicking your butt." Quillan said, slapping Atlanta's finger out of his face. "Now I will only say this one more time. I don't want you. I want him. Now either go make me a sandwich or get out of my face." Quillan said, a smug smile appearing on his face. He realized that his insult might have been a bit beyond the Grecian huntress's time, her face a mixture of confusion and anger. 

"Quillan, I am not going to come with you, unless Atlanta comes as well." Quillan turned to Perseus. The warrior looked at the Vanguard through his silver helmet. His hand lay on the hilt of his sheathed sword, eyeing Quillan. "Why? You got some type of crush on this thing, or something?" Quillan asked. "No, but if Atlanta wishes to fight for the gods, who are you to stop her?" Perseus asked. Sighing, Quillan shook his head. It would appear that he would have to let Atlanta tag along if he wanted Perseus. "Alright, fine. Let's go." 

Nailah wasn't one to be tongue tied. She was always able to speak eloquently when she wanted too, and never had the trouble of speaking what was on her mind. However, that was all when Leon wasn't the one in front of her. Lately she had been finding herself too...Nervous? Is that the word? She herself wasn't quite sure how to describe it, but no matter what it may be she never failed to lose all form of language when faced with the strength and presence of the male warrior vanguard. This time was no different. Though, Leon didn't seem to share her problem as he easily spoke, praising her on her increased strength and abilities. "O-oh ah, thanks." She smiled, her face positively glowing. It wasn't that hard to see just how pleased she was. Leon then said that he had an idea that would make things easier, and teasingly said the other two didn't bite. Nailah pouted, "I know that. It's not like I'm avoiding them. It can't be helped we're not that close considering we don't hang out much."

Once reaching the others Leon explained the plan, handed out their badges before they all split up. Nailah, true to her earlier words, went to seek out the demi-god Orpheus. A famous poet, musician, and writer in his own rights. Though there was a lot of mix ups with stories, and the way it was kept he is supposedly the son of Apollo. He was also the main character in the popular story Death of Eurydice. Eurydice, Orpheus's wife, was a Wood nymph who was killed on their wedding day. Orpheus, in grief, traveled to the underworld and with only his music soothed Hades and Persephone. He managed to convince them to allow him to leave with his wife on the condition he did not look back until they both passed the gates. Well, as things would turn out he forgot they both needed to be pass the doors and looked back before his wife passed through and she vanished. "Such a sad story. I would hate to have something so close within my grasps only to have it vanish so fleetingly."

She passed many ghosts, greeting those who greeted her and avoiding the rest. She was sill weary at being in the underworld. She hoped that this would be the only time she would come here. "Excuse me." She called out to a few spirits walking by. "Can you please tell me where-Oh." She placed her mask back on, "Sorry about that. Have you seen Orpheus anywhere?"

"As always he's by the pond. No one ever looks for him."

"Ah, I see. Why is that?" The spirit pointed towards the direction she was already heading."He's always singing about his troubles when he was alive. He has such lovely music, but it's annoying to here him whine. Just get over it already." The spirit began to walk away. "And to think, he's considered a great hero." 

"Well, thank you for the help." She continued in the direction that was pointed out, and eventually she could hear soft music. As she moved closer towards the sound, the music penetrated her soul. With each step, she felt lighter and lighter and her head felt as though it were in a daze. All anxieties, fears and troubles seemed to wash away. Nailah felt as though any moment she could have simply floated away. Never in her life had she felt so calm. So at peace with everything. Somehow she trekked on, coming upon a pond and a lone ghostly male sitting on a stone, with Lyre in his lap. Just as the spirit from earlier said, from his lips spewed the troubles from his previous life, and the woes of how he lost his wife. Though Nailah had only just arrived, she couldn't help but agree with the spirit if only slightly. It was pitiful to see him still morning over things that happened ages ago. But more than that it was sad, and having read about his story she was more sorry for him than anything. Besides, even now his music was beautiful.

"Excuse me," Though his words stopped, he continued playing, "I don't mean to bother you, but I came here with a request."

"An earthly flower hath come to me in advocation." Orpheus spoke gently, his voice just as soothing as his music. "Feel not afeard, for I would not harm thou." He motioned for her to take a seat which she did. "Now, what dost thou want with me?"

"To start off, my name is Nailah a vanguard of the Egyptian God Thoth. I am here before you to request your assistance." She showed him the badge previously given to her by Leon. "As I'm sure even you have noticed, things are getting quite dangerous both in the living world and here in the land of the dead. The arrival of Nidhogg is proof of that. It would be a great honor to have your assistance in our battle."

"Wherefore should I succumb to such beseechment? What hath the gods done for me?" 

"I understand you are still bitter because of the loss of your wife. However, is it fair to blame all gods? Forgive my rudeness, but in the end it was due to your own inability to recall Hades' rule that your wife had vanished."

Suddenly his music stopped, and for the first time since she sat down he faced her. Without the music the serene moment vanished and reality seemed to crash upon Nailah like an anchor. "You know not when to hold your tongue, young vanguard. Art you not hither for thine help? Though eloquent in speech, thou speaketh with a saucy tongue, for I wonder thy motive."

Nailah frowned behind her mask. She sometimes forgets that not every god, or demi-god for that matter, enjoy her quick tongue as does her patron. Due to that, it may be harder to convince Orpheus to join their cause. "Please, forgive me for such words. I do not mean to offend. I only mean, that one cannot place complete fault on another without taking but some of the blame." She stared at him in earnest, hoping that her words didn't make him angrier, "I know that the gods do not always play fair. Most do what is in the best interest for themselves, but in your case you were given an opportunity to prevail. Besides, even if you do not do this to help the gods eventually even this small pond would come to chaos if things are to continue. Where then will you play your enchanting Lyre?"

Orpheus examined the female before him, thinking on the words she just said. He was angry at first, but after thinking it through he figured she was right. After her words, he found her interesting. He would have assumed she would be in favor of the gods, though in contrary she seemed rather indifferent. Not indifferent as to say she didn't care, but in a way he felt a sort of balance within her. With a sigh, he resumed playing his Lyre. "Though young thy may appear, from thy lips flow words of age. Thoth hath surly chose rightly. Thy words ring true to thine ears. Alas, what great feat dost I? I am but a mere poet."

"You are not just a mere poet. You are a thinker. You can see thinks in different ways, and offer new perspectives on old visions. We can never have enough strategist. The more options we hold in battle the more chances we have in succeeding." She smiled, "If all else fails you can always sooth the savage beast."

Orpheus chuckled, "Perhaps thy art true. But first a game."

"A game?"

"Answer thine riddle three, and thy ally thine shall be." Nailah nodded without hesitation. It should be easy enough. "And you will keep to your promise?"

Orpheus chuckled again, but assured that he would. Nailah waited patiently and listened carefully as he spoke the first riddle. "What does man love more than life. Fear more than death or mortal strife. What the poor have, the rich require, and what contented men desire. What the miser spends and the spendthrift saves. And all men carry to their graves?"

Nailah folded her arms as she though about the riddle. At first she didn't think this would be too hard, be she was already stumped if only slightly by the first riddle. This might take a while.

"Fight now, walk with your brothers, your fellowships, your allies in blood and steel, and throw back the prejudice of divisions, and unite with the Alliance! Fight now, and mark your name in history, to be echoed throughout the ages! Fight now, great warriors, thinkers, men and women, old and young, so that we may bring a new world into a light of triumph, of victory, and of righteousness! Fight now, and show to the forces of Ragnarok that we will never surrender to them, we will never bow our knees to those whom bear the banner of wicked ilk, and that we will never allow such atrocities to gain supremacy over our Earth! Fight now for the red dawns, for the heads of our foes upon our mantelpieces, for the crimson gash that you bring in the name of justice! Fight now for the world's ending!"

Such was the speech of Leon as he continued to make prominent use of his powerful influence on the morale of others. Riling up the rowdy and inspiring the contemplative, the uproar of hope and faith inspired by the crowds Leon preached to drove many to the cause of the Alliance. A number of them were gathering to the cross-over point from Elysium back to Erebus, where they would proceed to march out of the Underworld, but of course this is not without the leaders of this march. They were patiently waiting for Leon's return, whom began his search for the other Vanguards.

Leon spotted Quillan with two famous characters of Greek Legend, the huntress Atalanta as well as Perseus. What the windy Vanguard wasn't aware of was the following crowd whom were eager to follow where these two went, even if it was with a stranger. Leon smiled as he waved to Quillan, and called over to him. "We've got to get going, wrap it up and get back to the crossing. We'll march back with our recruits when we're all here. Great job finding these heroes, by the way. You always do me proud." With a chuckle he continued to walk around Elysium. He was looking for the remaining two.

Leon spotted Genzai speaking with Theseus. Like Quillan, the crowd of admirers of the hero flocked throughout the sight of these ruined, yet still surprisingly beautiful remains of buildings. It seemed that Genzai managed to be diplomatic and wrap everything up nice and neatly, as much anticipated. In truth he anticipated Quillan to have brought a conga line, but hey. Leon nodded to Genzai as he spoke up: "We're heading back, Genzai. It is time we returned to Olympus, the Gods are expecting us. Don't forget to bring as many as you can find willing." He smirked with confidence in his friend, knowing he'd probably gather even more allies on the trip back, and thus made his way to find his fellow Egyptian.

Leon spotted Nailah puzzled as she spoke to Orpheus, legendary poet. He had managed to catch wind of the riddle, which brought a smile to him. Anhur had Leon train focus through study and contemplation of such things when his mind was shrouded with doubt and distraction. As such, Leon approached the pair of them and, standing to Nailah's right, looked to Orpheus and smiled. "Pardon the intrusion: I am of Nailah's cause, an ally. I hope you'd allow me to jest your riddle with the answer that is nothingness?"

Quillan spotted Leon waving him over. Beckoning for Perseus...and by extension Atlanta, to follow him, Quillan noticed a group of people that seemed to be following them. "Who are they?" Quillan asked, puzzled. Atlanta and Perseus turned and laughed in unison. "They are our followers." Perseus said. "You didn't think that our admirers were just for the living, did you?" Perseus asked. Quillan stared at the throng of people. He spotted warriors donned in armor similar to that of Perseus as well as women wearing animal hides. He noticed that all the hunters were women. "Don't even allow men in your fan club, huh?" Quillan asked. Atlanta nodded. "These are my fellow Huntresses. Those that have taken an oath to the goddess of the hunt, Artemis." A devilish smile appeared on Quillan's lips. He knew very well what that oath entailed. "We'll so long that oath lasts around me." Quillan said, winking at a few of the huntresses.

Continuing, Quillan joined Leon. "We've got to get going, wrap it up and get back to the crossing. We'll march back with our recruits when we're all here. Great job finding these heroes, by the way. You always do me proud." Quillan nodded. While not voicing his thoughts, he appreciated Leon's words. 

"We're heading back, Genzai. It is time we returned to Olympus, the Gods are expecting us. Don't forget to bring as many as you can find willing."

"Genzai, that is your name. Truly it sounds like a powerful name." Theseus said with a slight chuckle.

Genzai simply nodded at Leon and then at Theseus. "Thank you, son of Poseidon. Now, before we leave the Underworld...must find more heroes to aid us in the cause against Ragnarok." He then began to turn around to head more into the Underworld, but he felt Theseus' hand on his shoulder.

"Warrior of Japan, what you fail to realize, is that word travels fast around here. Look before you, more heroes have come to lend their strength in this war."

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM657-e1N1c]Katekyo Hitman Reborn OST ~ Standing Friends[/url]

The Shinto Vanguard now turned back towards Theseus, now seeing four new warriors approaching the two. All of them, Genzai could feel it, strength to fight this war and lead the Vanguards and the gods to victory.

"Greetings. I am Jason, the leader of the Argonauts." Jason said, as his Argonaut allies rallied behind him. "We are here to help anyway we can."

The second warrior, who stood beside Jason, smiled and stood forth next. "Bellerophon, the slayer of the Chimera. You will have my blade at your side, Genzai."

"Meleager, I've sailed with the Argonauts, and my friend Jason can vouch for me." Meleager, who stood opposite of Jason, spoke. "Calydonian Boar, that's what blood stained my blade. And I'm sure it will be of use to you."

Lastly, the final warrior stood forward, giving a solemn Romanian bow to Genzai. "I am Hector, hero of the Trojan War, and the Trojan's champion. I would be honored to assist the gods in their hour of need."

Legend of Zelda Main Theme

The Shinto Vanguard smirked, as these four new warriors offered their strength in this time. He looked at the warriors and then turned around, pounding his fist into his open hand. "Alright then. Best not keep the gods waiting...to Olympus!" he said, as he began walking to where he was to meet the others, with Theseus, Jason, Meleager, Bellerophon, and Hector following close behind.

"Thou lookst troubled." Orpheus chuckled, teasing the young vanguard.

"I'll get it just don't distract me." Nailah mumbled back, thinking on the riddle. After hearing the first two lines of the riddle she thought the answer was God. Though that was quickly proven invalid once the rest of the riddle was said. She tried to think of every item she could. Clothes, money, anything really but none of it seemed to fit. After a while of not coming up with anything, she decided to take a different approach. Perhaps she was closer with her first guess. Maybe the answer wasn't a tangible existence. Perhaps it was more abstract than what she originally thought. "Is it...Faith?"

Orpheus smiled, "Sadly thou is in fallacy."

Nailah frowned. She was sure she had it that time. Guess it was back to the drawing board, or so she thought. "Pardon the intrusion." Leon had appeared standing to her right. "I am of Nailah's cause, an ally. I hope you'd allow me to jest your riddle with the answer that is nothingness?"

Orpheus looked to Nailah, "Does't he speaketh truth?" 

Nailah smiled hiding her annoyance at not being able to figure out the riddle. After hearing the answer it all quickly made sense. "Yes, he is a very trusted ally of mine. The vanguard of Anhur, Leon."

"Then, his words I shall accept." Orpheus nodded his head in Leon's direction. "Heed my words, and listen." Nailah looked at Orpheus in anticipation of the next riddle. Seeing this he poet smiled, "Imagine words to end in -gry. Angry and hungry are but two. There are but three words in the English language. Tell me the third. It is a word that all use everyday. Alas, if thou had listen I have already spoken the answer."

Having a mastery in language, Nailah figured that this one she would definitely be able to figure out. Though, something told her that she was going in the wrong direction. Taking a step back, she re-evaluated the riddle. Orpheus said he already said the answer, but there were no other words that ended with -gry in the riddle other than the obvious two. So what could it be-Ah! Nailah smiled and looked up at the poet. "That was sly of you Orpheus. You said that there are only three words in 'The English language', and you wanted to know the third. So the answer can only be 'language'." Orpheus laughed, obviously enjoying himself, "Cunning indeed thy are my little flower. Let us witness how thy shall fair on the last bout. Every dawn begins with me. At dusk I'll be the first you see, and daybreak couldn't come without. What midday centers all about. Daises grow from me, I'm told, and when I come, I end all cold. But in the sun I won't be found. Yet still, each day I'll be around."

This time it didn't take a her long at all. Only a few minutes before she was smirking at Orpheus. "Hmm...Another good one." She started, "But not quite good enough. The answer is the letter 'd'. Dawn, dusk and daybreak all begins with 'd'. It's in the center of midday, begins  daises and comes at the end of cold. I'm sure you get my drift by now."

Orpheus stopped playing his lyre, "T'was fun while it lasted. As per agreement, I shall become thy ally. I only pray that the mere poet can rise to thy expectations." He stood, Nailah doing the same accepting that had that Leon no doubt offered. She grinned at him, "Not as fancy as what the others god, but there ya go." She looked at Genzai and Quillan nothing short of impressed at the allies they acquired. "They truly are amazing. Our fighting force with surely increase with such great warriors on our side."

Leon chuckled, looking over the mass of people gathered. He found Nailah's words cute, they'd certainly have a surprise when they saw the remaining soldiers who were waiting for Leon over at the crossing. The fighting force was without a doubt impressive, perhaps brag-worthy. Such heroes from these days of ancient lore, all of which strong in arms, as well as the genius minds of the greatest thinkers, perhaps the ultimate tacticians. "Great warriors and minds alike, Nailah. You and Clair both taught me the value of tacticians when taking these fighting forces into account, I would imagine you wouldn't forget your own advice." Leon teased his fellow Vanguard with a shoulder nudge and a wink to boot, before getting his game-face back on, a stern frown with a slight smile, a cocky smirk but one with plenty of force behind it to back every word he'd say up.

Raising his spear, the Vanguards then proceeded their march from Elysium, and by extension Erebus. Soon, the masses of the armies met with Leon's recruits patiently waiting, among them the squabbling Achilles and Hector, Leonidas, Ajax, and even Alexander the Great. The march was prominent, they had gathered an army, there was no other term able to define the mass that the Vanguards were successfully returning to Olympus. However, there laid the problem - how would they be able to gather all of these forces and quickly get them to Olympus without ambush? This great number of soldiers, thinkers, men and women alike, would require more than 100 trips on Charon's ferry.

It was Socrates whom advised the Vanguards to seek Hades' help, much to Theseus' dismay what with having been captured by the underworld God himself as a punishment. Socrates insisted on speaking with this God, for he knew that his words would be strong enough, and carry enough weight to enable them access. Socrates could not have been more right, for Hades had, in place of the material wealth that was the authoritative badges of each Vanguard, opened forth a grand gaping hole in the underworld to the world above, following which he forced the Earth from which the army stood to rise up and through said hole. In a matter of minutes they were in the world they knew much too well.

Chapter 5 - Festivities and Conspiracy at Olympus

We find the Vanguards at Olympus, but not only the Vanguards we know and cherish - all the Vanguards of the Gods were among the audience this evening, as well as many of the Gods. The reason of this was simple: Dionysus, Bastet and Mok Chi decided to throw a mighty festival in celebration of their triumphs. While debated, it was decided that, on the premise of raising morale, the event would be done - all were welcome to participate. Gods had taken mortal size to mingle with the likes, to feast with them, etc. It was without a doubt a magnificent festival, for in the great hall alone was streams of tables with food, wines, and such beautiful riches all for the merrier. There was more debaucherous occurrences in other Halls, in particular the exposure of burnt incenses and hallucinogenics like marijuana, as well as more full-on occurrences which would best be summarised by stating they had Aphrodite's blessing.

Leon himself was feasting with his patron, Anhur, and his kin. Bastet among them as well as many other feline deities such as Sekhmet were in the presence. Anhur let out a hearty laughter and downed a chalice of sweet wine, looking to his sister. "You're missing the festivities you crave, Bastet. Do you not enjoy such sensual euphoria?" he teased the cat goddess whom, in turned, chuckled and nodded softly. "I do wish to have my own fill, brother." Leon did feel a little out of place between the pair of them, and so decided to take a walk after having eaten a great ordeal of food. He felt absolutely stuffed, nothing better to say it, but for the moment opted to get some fresh air.

Stepping out from the hall, on the western side so as to avoid the euphoria moans from the other wings, he enjoyed the silence that came about from gazing down the mountain, the green and lush grass cushioning him as he then looked up to the moon. While having affinity with the sun, he was always entranced by the beauty that was in the lunar light. He took a moment to think to himself, it was a while since he had some personal thinking time. He chose to opt this time in thinking about his companions and, his mind tracked down a morbid path as he wondered what he'd do if any of them suffered the fatal finale on the battlefield. He had grown attached to all of them and, though he vowed himself not to, he had let them into his heart each in their own way.

What is the matter, Genzai-san? Ryujin asked, as he came back from his chat with the other gods. As far as the festival going on and the other Vanguards seeming to have a grand time...the Shinto Vanguard stood on a balcony as he looked at the moon which was overhead.

Genzai sighed and then turned to his patron god. He held his necklace and began. "Ryujin-sama...ever since the Underworld endeavor...something about this necklace seems to be calling me. And the truth behind it...it doesn't put my soul at ease. Ryujin-sama, I need the truth...the real truth...and I need you to tell me now..."

The Japanese god of the seas sighed, as he looked at his Vanguard. The answer...my son, may not be the one you want to hear...but I will reveal it to you nonetheless.

Naruto Shippuden OST ~ Utsusemi

The necklace that hangs around your neck, belongs to your deceased mother. Ryujin stated, now seeing Genzai in a shocked state. You see, she was the one I was originally going to choose for my Vanguard. However, she was with child...you. The years moved on and before I knew it, she had died...by what you may ask? Well...by a Vanguard chosen by the forces of Ragnarok. His jet black blade was stained with her blood, and you were just sitting there...hoping she was going to wake up. Ryujin sighed and looked up at the moon, as he closed his eyes. In my judgement, I selected you as my new Vanguard...but the gods insisted that, like with all Vanguards...I wipe the memory you had prior to the training. She handed you that necklace...before I wiped your memory.

Genzai now finally moved, as he placed both his hands on the balcony's railing, gripping it as he felt his heart begin to cry out. No, it wasn't just his heart crying out...he was as well. The training, everything Ryujin taught him...it was all he ever knew...and now...this was what awaited him with the truth. He simply turned away, walking past Ryujin, as tears fell down his face. He began to walk...walk...and walk....heading away from the festival...heading to a small acropolis.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Shinto Vanguard stood in the acropolis...it was empty...good.

All this time...all this time... Genzai thought, as he finally slammed his fist into a pillar in the acropolis...it didn't damage the pillar, but his hand began to hurt afterwords. He simply sat on the acropolis' steps and pulled out the ocarina Ryujin gave him. He sighed and closed his eyes for a moment. Music always made him feel good...but...was it going to help now?

What else is there left to do? the Shinto Vanguard sighed once more, as he began to play.

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask OST ~ Song of Healing

He let the music ring in his ear, hoping it would calm the raging sea in his soul down. ...it was all he could really do anyway.

"That Orpheus is such a delight to have around!" Thoth exclaimed as he joyously drank from the golden cup in his right hand. "And his riddles, why some of them I have never heard before." His eyes were alight like a child given his favorite toy for Christmas. Nailah turned to her patron who had walked over and interrupted her conversation with two other vanguards. Though she wasn't displeased or anything, and instead she smiled. "I agree with you completely. I thought you would enjoy his company. Though I am surprised to see you here. I didn't think you would join in the festivities."

"Ah, yes but my lovely Ma'at persuaded me. I can say the same for you, my dear." Thoth looked at the two females Nailah was speaking with earlier, "I take it you were the driving forces that brought her here."

The two smiled, "Of course. Otherwise this bookworm would have found some where to sneak off and read."

Nailah pouted quite cutely, which was seen since she had removed her mask due to the need of eating and drinking. "Come of give me some credit. I would have joined eventually."

The other two laughed. "Well I shall leave you three ladies to continue your chat." With a wink he departed making Nailah sigh, "Why does he feel the need to tease me so?"

"It only shows how much he cares Nailah." The one who spoke was of tan skin just like herself, though it was a shade lighter than her own. She had dark hair, and warm brown eyes. Her name was Crystal, and she was the vanguard to the Egyptian god Ma'at. As one would know, Ma'at is the wife of her own patron, Thoth. Due to that the Crystal was the first vanguard Nailah had met. The two have a great relationship and are best friends.  Crystal had a very calm, lighthearted and peaceful aura. Where Nailah spoke unhinged, she always spoke the right words to ease tension and discomfort. Crystal never seemed to get ruffled, always a lady and in ways more dignified and cleaver than Nailah.

"At least you patron doesn't try to spike your drinks with catnip." The second girl scoffed checking the glass before taking an experimental sip. Spiky orange hair sat atop the females head, and shockingly dark red eyes that held a hint of mischievousness and wild abandonment. Her skin was white, which only served to accent her oddly colored hair and eyes. Though Nailah couldn't point fingers, her hair was platinum blond, almost white. This girl was Renae, the vanguard of the sly and slick Bastet; Goddess of cats. Just like her patron, Renae went at things at her own pace, which was often fast, reckless and shameless but no less effective than Nailah's approach. In terms of speech Renae was just like Nailah, as she always speaks what is on her mind though it usually in a more brash manor than Nailah, who dresses up her remarks with pretty words. Nailah met Renae through Crystal who had been friends previously. "I think it's some type offect with being her vanguard, but it actually effects me too some extent."

"Maybe it's because you're just an idiot." Nailah teased Renae poking her friend in the cheek. Renae rolled her eyes, smacking her hand away. "Whatever. Anyway more pressing matters, I though you were gonna talk to the walking meat stick after your last mission."

Nailah blushed, spluttering from her friend's words. Crystal shot Renae a look, but otherwise smiled. "Though she didn't have to say it like that, I'm a bit curious as well."

"Not you too." Nailah sighed, "Well, if you must know I haven't spoke to him yet."

"Why not?" 

"Probably chicken."

"Am not."

"Are too."

"Am not!"

"Are too!"

"Fine then, a bet."

Renae didn't miss a beat, "You're on."

Nailah paused, looked at Crystal who returned the look with confusion, then leaned into Renae to whisper. After awhile Renae blushed as well, looking at Crystal before turning away.

This time Nailah was smirking, "If it's not done by tonight then the loser has to pay the penalty."

"The usual I take it."

"Yep."

"Fine it's a deal." The two of them shook hands.

"Wait a minute, I want to know as well." Crystal pouted, "Why was I kept out of the loop? You've never done that before."

"Because it wouldn't be fun if you knew." Nailah laughed, before getting up too leave to search for Leon.

Quillan quickly closed the door, leading the girl on his hand into the dark room with him. A small smile occupied Quillan's face. Outside of their little team, Quillan didn't get to associated with people much, especially girls. Sure there were a number of wind spirits in Aithiopia that were more than enough to get his motor running, but they didn't hold the same kind of heat that actual humans did. Pushing the girl onto the bed, he heard her let out a small squeal of excitement in pleasure. The two began to kiss. Not really into the current activity, Quillan went over what he knew about the girl. Tall. Hot. Blonde. Vanguard of Aphrodite. The last fact was the reason that Quillan was with her right now. She was obviously the hottest girl at the party and had been strutting around all night looking for a 'proper companion' for the night. 

"You wanna take this farther?" She whispered in his ear. Quillan had been waiting all night for those words. The girl, Sandra, or something like that, pushed her hands beneath his shoulder, caressing his bare skin. Peeling off his shirt, the two continued to kiss. She gave him a look that told him that things were about to heat. That was the look that he loved the most. But, before things could get good there was a mighty crash. Light spilled into the room, and Sandra let out a squeal of surprise and probably embarrassment. Grabbing her top from where it lay on the ground, where Quillan had thrown it, she scampered out of the room, scurrying past the figure that stood in the door. 

"She was quite the looker, airhead." Quillan let out a groan of annoyance. He recognized that voice. "Is that the sound you make when you get up to...amorous activities?" The voice asked, obvious amused by Quillan's predicament. "What do you want, Atlanta? Did you come here to c***block me or you want some action too? Cause I'm not really into your bulky physique." Atlanta let out a laugh that made Quillan scowl. He was getting quite annoyed by the huntress. Ever since he had brought her back from the Underworld, she had been a pain in the ass. "I made an oath to my mistress, and let me tell you, not you or Quillan Jr. there are good enough to get me to break it. Now hide those man breasts and zip up your pants. There is a party going on." 

"I don't have moobs!" Quillan said in disgust. "Those are pecs." He said defensively. "Whatever you wanna tell yourself. Let's go." Atlanta said, after Quillan had brought himself to a presentable appearance. Normally, Quillan would have felt a little embarrassed by being walked in on, but he didn't see the point in being embarrassed by a ghost. The two left the room, returning to the main party. Quillan looked around, not spotting Sandra anywhere. He sighed. It appeared his hook up for the night had flown the coop. "Why did you feel the need to interrupt me, anyway?" Quillan asked. 

"My fellow huntresses wanted to meet the hero that I whooped in the Underworld." Atlanta said, grabbing Quillan's wrist as she pulled him over to a group of tough looking women. Along the way Quillan protested that he had bested her in their fight, but she wasn't paying attention. "Girls, this is Quillan. He's a wuss." Atlanta introduced. Immediately after an argument ensued, involving who won the fight, which gender was superior, why the huntresses, excluding Atlanta, should come back to the bedroom with Quillan.

Looking on the group, Notus chuckled at the sight. "That's how the best one's always start." He said, leaning over to Hera on his right. She nodded. "Aphrodite will be pleased with this one. He'll stir much interest in her ditzy world." Walking up to the pair, a silver haired maiden confronted them. "I hope you aren't suggesting that your Vanguard will try to taint my huntresses." Artemis pointed a finger in Notus's face. The wind god shook his head hastily. "No, of course not!" 

"That's a beautiful melody, Genzai. Albeit a little too much melancholy for my own liking, but it is still beautiful nonetheless." spoke a dashing, valiant and smiling individual, clothed in a very contemporary and stylish outfit, a lady-killer for sure. He stood tall, strong, almost shimmering despite the moonlight. He held a very charismatic vibe about him, too. Truth be told he was very akin to someone potentially familiar. What was most prominent about him, though, was this radiance of confidence, an aura of self-assurance that allowed his bewitching smile to touch the hearts of those who witnessed the sight. These characteristics all belonged to one of the strongest Vanguards in the Alliance, a member of the most elite Vanguard group, and the Vanguard of Apollo himself - Aaron, the Light-Bringer.

Aaron took a seat by Genzai on the acropolis and smiled softly, petting Genzai's hair with a chuckle. He took out his own side-blown flute and looked to Genzai's ocarina, before winking to him. "Try to keep up." he teased, before bringing his flute to his lips, and proceeded to play a sombre, yet heavenly ditty with the intent on Genzai joining him in the song. Aaron found music was calming, relaxing, and on a night like this the perfect ice-breaker. Naturally talented as the Vanguard of a God of Music, the song serenaded all those who managed to hear it, the sound inviting to the ear, like a lullaby, yet none would wish to sleep as they'd miss this beautiful melody conducted by Aaron and Genzai, should the latter have joined him in his song, of course.

After he finished, Aaron despawned his flute, akin to Leon's weapon affinity, and sat back looking up to the skies above. "It really is a beautiful night, huh?" he asked Genzai, engagingly, in order to determine how he was feeling. Following to his response, Aaron raised a brow and smiled, looking to the Japanese Vanguard with a chuckle. "What's wrong, huh? Right now you could be at an orgy with the Gods, or trying to drink Dionysus under the table - you seem really upset, what's wrong?"

Elsewhere, Leon was quite far from Genzai's spot yet managed to overhear the tune in the far distance, making him turn his head towards it in curiosity. For the moment, however, he looked down the beautiful mountainsides of the acropoleis, so beautifully adorned with cloud which veiled Olympus from the mortals below, though nowadays everyone was a mortal. The thought of losing his friends was still clouding his mind, which brought him to sigh in contemplation, however upon hearing Anhur's mighty laughter he turned towards the festivities again and decided to perk up a little bit.

He moved back to his seat and smiled as he sat with his Patron, Anhur a little bit drunk now. He wrapped his muscular, furred arm- no, no, Anhur's arm was nothing less than a trunk of muscle, so much like that of Hercules. The point was, Anhur embraced Leon in a drunken mannerism and hiccuped a little bit, to which Leon looked to his master concerned. "My lord, you're a little bit inebriated. Why don't we get some meat down your stomach, soak some of that wine up?" Leon asked with a cautious smile, to which Anhur let out a Lion's growl and shook his head with laughter, which made Leon chuckle a bit.

"Leon, my boy, just enjoy yourself for now, please! It is a time for fun, you needn't worry about me, I will be fine, I promise you. Just go find that curvy maiden you've been lusting for and dance under Hathor, Bes, and my sister's name!" Anhur bellowed, patting Leon on the back, which brought Leon to laugh. That didn't stop Anhur chattering though. "Oh, and while you're up, tell Dionysus I will be drinking him under the tabl-!" Following this Anhur managed to gradually stumble under the large table from which he was drinking at with fellow deities, which brought Leon to shake his head with laughter.

Following this Leon stood up and made his leave of the temple, simply laying in the grass of the divine acropolis and looking up to the stars. "Maybe I should try have some fun...where's Quillan when you need him." Leon frowned in thought, knowing that Quillan was the life of a party. "Eh, he's probably at the orgy, wouldn't be surprised if he managed to get with Aphrodite herself by now, the son of a gun." He chuckled and shook his head and laid back for the moment, relaxing and enjoying the festivities.

"That's a beautiful melody, Genzai. Albeit a little too much melancholy for my own liking, but it is still beautiful nonetheless." spoke a dashing, valiant and smiling individual, clothed in a very contemporary and stylish outfit, a lady-killer for sure. He stood tall, strong, almost shimmering despite the moonlight. He held a very charismatic vibe about him, too. Truth be told he was very akin to someone potentially familiar. What was most prominent about him, though, was this radiance of confidence, an aura of self-assurance that allowed his bewitching smile to touch the hearts of those who witnessed the sight. These characteristics all belonged to one of the strongest Vanguards in the Alliance, a member of the most elite Vanguard group, and the Vanguard of Apollo himself - Aaron, the Light-Bringer.

Aaron took a seat by Genzai on the acropolis and smiled softly, petting Genzai's hair with a chuckle. He took out his own side-blown flute and looked to Genzai's ocarina, before winking to him. "Try to keep up." he teased, before bringing his flute to his lips, and proceeded to play a sombre, yet heavenly ditty with the intent on Genzai joining him in the song. Aaron found music was calming, relaxing, and on a night like this the perfect ice-breaker. Naturally talented as the Vanguard of a God of Music, the song serenaded all those who managed to hear it, the sound inviting to the ear, like a lullaby, yet none would wish to sleep as they'd miss this beautiful melody conducted by Aaron and Genzai, should the latter have joined him in his song, of course.

After he finished, Aaron despawned his flute, akin to Leon's weapon affinity, and sat back looking up to the skies above. "It really is a beautiful night, huh?" he asked Genzai, engagingly, in order to determine how he was feeling. Following to his response, Aaron raised a brow and smiled, looking to the Japanese Vanguard with a chuckle. "What's wrong, huh? Right now you could be at an orgy with the Gods, or trying to drink Dionysus under the table - you seem really upset, what's wrong?"

Genzai was startled for a moment, seeing Apollo's Vanguard, Aaron standing beside him. It was rare for him to see the Light Bringing Vanguard around, but it seemed like it was a sign of something. His hair then began to be petted by Aaron, who at once sat beside the Shinto Vanguard.

"Thank you...it happened to be the first melody I've learned on the ocarina." Genzai said, with a slight nod, then noticing Aaron taking out his flute, before saying to try and keep up, as he began to play a brilliant melody. He closed his eyes and brought the ocarina back towards his lips, as he joined Apollo's Vanguard in the melody, keeping up with him perfectly. The entire surrounding area was filled with this wonderful orchestrated symphony of these two souls, and it even seemed like the tiny fireflies danced around in time with their song.

As the pair finished, the Greek Vanguard asked him the question: what was wrong. He sighed and looked at the moon overhead. "I had learned the truth of what this necklace means...and what was hidden from me." he began, as he held the necklace in his palm. "This necklace, belonged to my deceased mother, who was slain by the Vanguard of the forces of Ragnarok. And...I had no recollection of her...because like all Vanguards chosen, my patron god, Ryujin-sama...wiped my memory. I-I feel like I've been used..."

Archived