[Toyo, cum review dis] Tekno Archetype *ONLY 6 CARDS, NOT 50*

Aix

Reps for reviews, I suppose. Meant for use for dealing wit da meta.

[hr][spoiler='Tekno Rocker']212156.jpg

When your opponent Summons a monster OR activates an effect that would Special Summon a monster: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, if you activate an effect that would Special Summon a "Tekno" monster during your opponent's turn: You can destroy 1 card on the field. During either player's turn: You can return this card to its owner's hand.[/spoiler]

[hr][spoiler='Tekno Backstage Crew']212159.jpg

When your opponent activates a Spell/Trap effect OR activates an effect outside the field: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, if an effect that would Special Summon a "Tekno" monster during your opponent's turn is activated: You can add 1 "Chain" card from your Deck to your hand. During either player's turn: You can return this card to its owner's hand.[/spoiler]

[hr][spoiler='Tekno Disc Jockey']212163.jpg

When your opponent activates a monster effect: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, if you activate an effect that would Special Summon a "Tekno" monster during your opponent's turn: You can add 1 "Tekno" monster from your Deck to your hand. During either player's turn: You can return this card to its owner's hand.[/spoiler]

[hr][spoiler='Tekno Singer']212165.jpg

When your opponent declares an attack: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, if you activate an effect that would Special Summon a "Tekno" monster during your opponent's turn: You can return 1 card on the field to the hand. During either player's turn: You can return this card to its owner's hand.[/spoiler]

[hr][spoiler='Tekno Chain Surprise']164610.jpg

When a card effect is activated: Special Summon 1 "Tekno" monster from your hand.[/spoiler]

[hr][spoiler='Tekno Chain Transition']164594.jpg

Once per turn, during either player's turn, when a card effect is activated or a monster is Summoned: You can shuffle 1 card in your hand into your Deck, and if you do, add 1 "Tekno" or "Chain" card from your Deck to your hand.[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler='Made a Duel Portal Deck']Probably not the optimal Decklist because I have a tendency to just max out the Archetype cards unless they are really not meant to be played at three. Backstage Crew and Chain Surprise don't really need to be at three, but anyway, I Dueled Chance with this Deck today and this is the Main Deck I used that I remember of (not on my computer with Duel Portal right now):

- 3x each Archetype Card. 18 cards right there.

- 3x Risebell the Star Adjuster (His purpose is just to be a Rank 5 or be used with Psychic Commander for Hyper Psychic Blaster, summonable with both Divine Wind and Emergency Teleport)

- 1x Psi-Blocker (This card is pretty cool, it's a pseudo Shock Master against Decks that rely on a specific card and this archetype allows it to survive a bit longer than it usually does. Special Summonable with Divine Wind)

- 1x Psychic Commander

- 3x Divine Wind of Mist Valley

- 3x Emergency Teleport

- Monster Reborn

- Dark Hole

- Heavy Storm

- Solemn cards

- 2x Torrential Tribute

- Bottomless Trap Hole

- Fiendish Chain[/spoiler]

Poor baby, dun have any reviews... Dun worry Aix, I've got your back!

In terms of flavour, I think these guys do what any decent Techno group do: get the f*ck in your face and overbear you with bass. I'm enjoying their Lv5 nature simply for the more open Xyz possibilities (and am shocked they don't have their own, or at least a Synchro) but overall I am a real fan of these guys. They're such a unique theme, too, which is always a really nice thing. I also not how they have an interesting return to hand feature: that with Divine Wind opens plenty of Lv 9 or less Synchro potential!

Rocker: I thin this would be the "Star" of the group and the fella anyone'd run at three. Destruction for swarm, pretty bog standard. I had anticipated Higher Stats tbh. I think this is clearly where one would like most of their moves to begin with.

Backstage Crew: This one is potentially too lethal. He can search for Fiendish Chain as well as these guys' support Spells. Then again the ATK somewhat nerfs this guy.

Disc Jockey: So this guy is your searcher? He'd also probably be at three. Definitely a vital searcher to create more opportunities to use more of these Tecno monsters.

Singer: Hmm...not sure what to make of this. I think his effect, which I assume is for blocking off attacks by a RTH policy wouldn't work by its wording.

Chain Surprise: Pretty good for combinations. Not much else to say other than it being a primary enabler.

Chain Transition: Yet another vital searcher! I'm glad you gave some of these guys more searching or hand-filling potential. No hands, for these guys, is dreadful!

Overall I am impressed. Unique is a definite word I'd use here. I'm not sure which direction they'd be used, but I am glad to see such a innovative style of archetype.

• 2 months later...

Archived