Paladins of Emeralda

Kōsuke Ueki

So, this idea has been sinking in my head for some time (Give or take a year or 2). This is an RP unlike anything you have seen...

Okay, scratch that. The idea might just be uncommon. It's an RPG, so there are a lot of things that will be done.

[spoiler=The Story]

14cz9jm.png

The story itself is pretty complex, but only until this starts as an RP will the scale actually be represented. The setting is a single one-continent world called Emeralda (At the moment). Unlike all other medieval RPs on this site, the way this world works is far more magic-oriented then one would imagine. However, there is in fact a special caste system in this world (Unlike the kind in the time in which Ghandi was fighting it). Like a caste system, if you're born into something or you're born to become something, that's who you are. However, that only applies to those who are born with or without magical potential. If you're born into a peasant family, you can work up the ranks and actually become a commoner in the larger cities.

Without magical potential, you usually end up taking up any warrior class of your choice depending on your style. WIth magical potential, however, you have an extra option. You can become a mage with whatever element(s) that are at your disposal (After a certain age give or take, like puberty), or learn to become a Warrior-Mage. Warrior-Mages are special warriors that can learn to use runes to enchant their weapons with their own personal wieldable elements, or any elemental rune that can be found and/or purchased. A unique thing about Warrior-Mages, is that depending on the weapon and elements chosen, special types of spells can be casted to gain an advantage in battle.

However, there are certain individuals out there with a potential larger than any man. They have the privilege of being the guardians of Emeralda. They are the Paladins. Unlike the Paladins you know, they are not tanks (At least not commonly). One out of 5 Paladins of every generation are considered tanks in battle (Meaning there can be at most 2 tanks when applying for a Paladin). They are also nimble, stocky, whatever. They can be of any size, any shape, and any element, as long as they have a hidden potential known as Amethyte. Nobody knows the origins of such a source of power, but all that could be certain, is that it enhances the magic and weapon-wielding potential of a warrior fivefold at the limit, making them a fierce warrior to be dealt with.

However, the story I'm trying to tell is a strange one. The previous generation of Paladins had experiences unlike any other generation. Out of them all, 1 mysteriously disappeared without a trace, while the other's body was found at the doorstep of King Marius XIII, the latest usurper to the throne. As a result, the reliability of the Paladins was questioned by the people, and thus led to a secret organization known as the Garnet Society (Best name I could come up with) to grow in power. And over time, the power of this organization was soon known. In the time between the death of the last remaining Paladins (By old age of course) to the search of the next generation, disaster was struck. But nothing could compare to one day, where fate took control of the situation.

At the main gates of the Royal Castle in Rubal (Emeralda's Royal Capital), 5 individuals had come to the capital, hoping to prove themselves worthy of becoming apart of King Marius XIII's Royal Army. The 5 do not know each other, but surprisingly crossed one another at the main gates. But before they could take action and attempt to prove themselves, screams were heard behind them. From what they saw, it appears that dark-armored soldiers are attmepting to clear the streets for their leader. These soldiers are Obsidian Soldiers, the personal human henchmen for the man that sends a message to King Marius XIII. He's only known by the name Gore, and what he holds regarding power is nothing anyone has seen before.

Gore explains that the Royal Family shall perish, and a new world order is at hand. And with a simple swing of his hand, the skies grew dark, and the unthinkable happened. Armies of the undead have come about: zombies and skeletons. They started tearing down the city building by building. Warriors from all over the capital were only able to push back the forces so far until they became overwhelmed and pushed towards the main gates of the Royal Castle. From there, the guards urged all able warriors to enter the castle, for they would be safe, as the gates and the entire castle was enchanted with a magical barrier in which not even Gore knew how to break. And so, for the next year or so, the Castle was protected. That is, until the solution to shattering it was found.

A year passes, and throughout that year, the many warriors attempted to prove themselves worthy enough to be considered soldiers in the Royal Army. And for the most part, most of them have. But now, only 10 warriors remain, including the 5 special individuals. With the Paladins' reliability now considered useless, the people now believed the Royal Army were the only ones to protect them. However, King Marius never gave up hope, as he still believed that there would be Paladins from this current generation. And he was right. King Marius XIII has an amulet that is able to detect Amethyte, and those 5 had it, if barely enough for it to be detected. As a result, he took the five and said he would train them himself. But little did they know what to expect next.

Entering King Marius' Royal Master bedroom, he reveals a secret passageway to the Paladins' headquarters. They were brought down there and inspected the area. Soon enough, they came across someone who they never thought would be seen again. It was the one Paladin of the previous generation who had mysteriously disappeared. His name was Glam, and he was prepared to train the 5 in the way of the Paladins. The 5 however did not believe that the Paladins were protectors of this world anymore. Glam understood their reasons behind feeling that way. But at the people's time of need, the Paladins always came through to protect the innocent. They reluctantly accepted the training, and they began to tap into their hidden potentials, slowly but surely.

3 months pass, and the barrier finally shatters, for Gore now realized that the barrier was weak to lightning. As a result, the Royal Castle was now infiltrated by the Obsidian Soldiers, and the battle has begun. The new Paladins have learned to increase their powers, but they don't know if they have the power to defeat Gore. You are the newest Paladin. You have learned to fight this new threat, but will it be in vain? Will you be brought forth to protect Emeralda from the rest of the Garnet Society? Will you fight with every ounce of your being for what you believe in? You better hope so, cause the lives of millions are at stake.[/spoiler]

Thoughts? Comments? I have more to this than just the story, and I'll gladly explain it to all of you.

• 2 weeks later...

Well it took me a while to read it but I have to say it is a very interesting idea. Or at least to me it is. I absolutely love the gem theme :P

Some things need work, like I can't exactly believe it took Gore a year and three months(?) to find out that the barrier was weak to lightning unless he's not really the brightest of magi. All the names are cleverly thought up, even the Garnet Society though there could be better names (Garnet Collective or the Clan of Garnet?). But yeah its very interesting and I will make sure to keep an eye on it :)

Well it took me a while to read it but I have to say it is a very interesting idea. Or at least to me it is. I absolutely love the gem theme :P

Some things need work, like I can't exactly believe it took Gore a year and three months(?) to find out that the barrier was weak to lightning unless he's not really the brightest of magi. All the names are cleverly thought up, even the Garnet Society though there could be better names (Garnet Collective or the Clan of Garnet?). But yeah its very interesting and I will make sure to keep an eye on it :)

Thanks for the input. I'm surprised you got the theme down so easily (Was it that obvious?) And I'll gladly explain things a little more:

Gore only cares about magic when he uses it, and has no knowledge on what is stronger or weaker than anything. As such, he's immature, cynical, and lots of other things. And for the Garnet Society, it was the best I could do (I was going to use Onyx, but I'm saving that for something else). Maybe the Garnet Syndicate would work better.

And the gem theme is very much in almost everything.

Amethyte - Amethyst

Rubal - Ruby

Emeralda - Emerald

Anything not related to the gem theme would be names based off of things I remember from many fighting and RPG games (Take the names Gore and Glam, for example). Some terms may originate from movies/plays/musicals (Marius is one of the characters of Les Miserables, thus where the name came from).

I'll gladly answer anymore questions if you have any more.

Archived