Equip Spell Card - Cthonic Phylactery

Tengou

233919.jpg            

Card Lore: Equip only to a DARK monster. The equipped monster loses 500 ATK. When a monster equipped with this card destroys a monster by battle: Put 1 Tribute Counter on this card. You can Normal Summon a DARK type monster that requires one or more tributes by removing an amount of Tribute Counters equal to the amount of tributes that monster requires to summon.

"Equip only to a DARK monster. The equipped monster loses 500 ATK. When a monster equipped with this card destroys a monster by battle: Put 1 Tribute Counter on this card. You can Normal Summon a monster that requires a specific amount of tributes by removing an amount of Tribute Counters equal to the amount of tributes that monster requires without tribute."

X is for MtG, and if foreign to Yugioh.

That was very hard to word, and there is probably a better way to word it. Very creative card. Very balanced card that was well executed. Decks running Vanity's Fiend and Caius could really use this card to its fullest, seeing how they require only one tribute, so it would be easy to do a MP2 free NS, banish/lockdown. Other then that, perhaps you could expand the love to LIGHT (unless Cthonic is DARK strict), that way, Angel 07/Vanity's Ruler get's love, as well as any Fairy Deck that likes using cards like Parshath (both regular and Neo) and etc.

Thanks for your criticism! I felt using the X notation was the easiest way to word this card, but I agree I should try to find a better way to do it. 'Chthonic' is a prefix common for the archetype I am planning to eventually create, yes, and it's theme is the Underworld (possibly Greek, as per the origin of the word Chthonic), involving mostly Dark types. Also as a lesser theme, creepy eye imagery, though that's mostly for card art so far. I have plans to add a subset of cards pertaining to fallen souls, which may be LIGHT type. Depending on what happens I may alter this card to allow more types to be summoned, but it's likely to stay a DARK-type thing, since stealing the souls of monsters you kill to summon your own is kind of evil.

Updated the card text as follows:

"Equip only to a DARK monster. The equipped monster loses 500 ATK. When a monster equipped with this card destroys a monster by battle: Put 1 Tribute Counter on this card. You can Normal Summon a DARK type monster without paying tribute by removing an amount of Tribute Counters equal to the amount of tributes that monster requires to summon."

Would only really be playable with higher attack monsters which could afford to lose 500 atk and still be able to kill things and/or survive. I like the effect of being able to summon with less or no tributes which makes it useful but if ur stuck with only lower atk monsters this would be dead card in hand

Alright, then how about this: "Equip only to a DARK monster. The equipped monster loses 500 ATK. When a monster equipped with this card destroys a monster by battle: Put 1 Tribute Counter on this card. You can Normal Summon a DARK type monster that requires one or more tributes by removing an amount of Tribute Counters equal to the amount of tributes that monster requires to summon."

Personally I think the previous version was a little neater.

Archived