Supernatural Card Cancellation [Toyo Single]

That title is inspired by the great conman Peter Popoff, who tried to scam people using "Supernatural Debt Cancellation", which involves sending him 15 quid so he can talk to 'god' and magically erase your debts in some manner.

Anyway, you know you lack inspiration when your card name is literally just a corruption of "Melody" and the month it was made in. I made this card because the image made me feel flowery and butterfly-y and happy in the middle of this godawful exam week which is slowly turning my brain into mush. Actually, the name isn't read as June, but rather as Ju-ne. If that makes sense. Necro Gardna-ish effect + Safe Zone seems like the ultimate card guard, 

[URL=http://yugico.com/user/29408-Toyo-tan/card/24197-Toyo-tan/234407-Melodica_June]234407.jpg[/URL]              

[spoiler=#Level4Effect]

During your opponent's turn, when a monster(s) you control would be destroyed by your opponent's card effect: you can Banish this card in your graveyard; negate the effect of that card. This effect of "Melodica June" can only be activated once per turn. An Xyz Monster that has this card attached to it as Xyz Material cannot be destroyed by battle or by your opponent's card effects, but cannot attack your opponent directly. 

[/spoiler]

Anyway, the idea of the second effect is to give your Xyz protection at the cost of not being able to use it's effect multiple times, or in some cases, unable to use them at all. The Necro Gardna-ish bit is a lot more restricted than Necro for the simple fact that it has to be activated in response instead of Necro's "Whoap, banished him. You can't attack me bruh" kind of deal. 

Bump.

I will never figure out why RC is more attracted to generic cards with the most overused dragon pictures instead of this. 

DRAGONS OMGHEFEwtytsr!!!1!!

It has a nice negation effect that makes it pretty all purpose. Although you're sacrificing it for the sake of another monster, so no complaints about balance there.

The second effect is obviously a + under certain circumstances; but the fact you cannot attack directly means it has a limited use. Heart-eartHs might find this a nice alternative to Safe Zone.

LIGHT is good for support, and this is an all-round flexible card; which are the best kind.  Well designed.

The OCG looks good, to me at least; although a small note is that a Colon is followed by a capital letter.

Very solid protection in a balanced way. I could see stealing one of these attached to your opponent's Xyz via Rank-Up Magic (the one that steals) a funny play.

Could be used in a ZW Deck, to ensure Utopia is safe from the multitudes of pesky mass destruction like Torrential, Mirror, and Dark Hole that the ZW's don't already prevent. Can also do it again when it's dead. Speaking of that (the prevention of mass destruction), this card justifies the Semi-Limit on both Torrent and Mirror and the Limit on Dark Hole even more, so it is a very good timing on making this card.

Archived