Midnight Magic ~ Under Thief's Guise [IC / S / A]

Super Chaos Sonic

OOC

MidnightMagic_zpsd208ca37.png

Episode 1: Fallen Star Topaz - The Bombardment of Thieves!

Sunday ~ July 1st ~ 9:40 PM

It was the right time and with the cool night that it happened to be, it was the perfect time to act. The Nakama Museum of History was now busy as ever, as its security and even the Nakama Police surrounded the building, scattering around the outside and inside the museum.

"I want you all to make sure that the Fallen Star Topaz necklace is protected at all cost!" an older man, known as Inspector Shino Hayate, yelled at the security and police that were gathered in the museum. Once they left, he reached in his coat pocket and pulled out a notice.

[spoiler=The Notice]

My last heist didn't go too well planned out. However, my sights have been set on a new target!!

Sunday night, July 1st at 9:40 PM....I will strike at the Nakama Museum of History. And on that day, I will steal the Fallen Star Topaz! Care for another round, Inspector Shino?

kaito_kid__s_signature_by_kaitokid1412xd

[/spoiler]

After all this time...you've finally returned Kid...and this time I'll catch you! he thought, tossing the notice behind him. With this, Inspector Shino walked into the next room.

[hr]

Detective Conan OST - Kaitou Kid

Idiot...I'm already here! Kaitou Kid thought as he hid up top of a dragon statue. It was clear of the view of the security cameras and gave him a better view as well. Alright, so the guards down there are waitin' for me...time to screw with them. Kaitou grabbed a walkie talkie he snagged from one of the officers, and proceeded to call the Inspector. "Shino sir! We've found him! We found Kid! He's running through the fossil exhibit!" he quickly hung up, as to not alert him any further. It was only seconds later that the guards left. Kaitou hopped down, landing quietly as he snatched the necklace. "Easy pickings!" he said to himself, turning to escape with the necklace.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobuo was among those whom had manage to purchase one of these expensive tickets, a VIP pass, to be able to get sight of the Fall Star Topaz Necklace. He had waited patiently in line as a model citizen would. He drew no real attention to himself, he was just among those whom wanted a little taste of the luxurious life, even if it was through glass, and the shoulders of many of the Nakama Police Department in addition to the museum's already intimidating guards. Sadly, once again the wind had been caught that this legendary thief, Kaito Kid, was about again. He managed to overhear it when the guards spoke of speculations and doubts as to whether or not they could handle him. It brought back thoughts, memories.

These men fear their health and jobs, Nobuo. They fear their being. Families unfed, uneducated, all because of one individual's desire for such a petty trinket...

Nobuo took a deep breath, before leaving his well-waited place in line and, promptly, making his way out of the sight of the public eye. He began hearing them voices again, and he couldn't ignore them. Standing by a number of garbage dumpsters he took a deep breath again, before softly speaking. "Your words are poisonous to the mind. You've costed me everything I once was-"

Do not speak so ill. The voice of God bestows you such grace to act as his messenger, his cleansing light, and you show such ungratefulness?

Nobuo scowled and winced, the tempting sensations of power coursing about him again, bolting into the back of his mind. "N-no, no, I am grateful for these gifts." Thus, this brief moment of weakness triggered it all off. His hair promptly spiked, his eyes inverted in an instant, and with a soft and blood-curdling laughter Heretic gazed up to the skies and licked his lips. "I can taste it...no longer will you escape penance, thief. The Harbinger of your Justice, the judgement of all, will bring swift wrath, divine wrath, upon your head.

Returning to the scene, eyes faintly open as he made his way back to the room he'd long waited for. The line seemed to have been forced away now, what with everyone wanting to see this Kaito Kid in action. It gave Heretic the perfect veil, opportunity to strike now. He wasn't as foolish as the pathetic police force, this jewel was more valuable than any fossil, to a Magical Thief at least, which made it the perfect bait. Naturally this was not his well-thought plan, but Heretic was keen on making his war-path through anything that stood beneath the foot of his boot. Grinding his teeth with a smirk he turned to the room and saw Kaito Kid just as he turned on his heel.

Heretic chuckled with his sinister air, softly. He simply gazed over to Kaito, not letting a single word leave his mouth. He gave him a simple glare, his dark eyes brilliantly upon display.

"Easy pickings!"

These words left Kaitou Kid's lips, as he turned around. That's when he saw him...Heretic. This Magician Thief wasn't at his last heist, well honestly not many were. However, he didn't quite recognize this character. He easily stuffed the necklace into his pocket as he brought his hands behind his head, returning Heretic's glare with a sly and mocking smirk.

"I'm sorry, but if you came for the necklace, its mine." Kaitou Kid simply said, as his monocle now shown a reflection of Heretic, from this newcomer's view. He couldn't say much of anything right now. He couldn't try and do anything out of the ordinary. If I try something strange...or out of the Kaitou Kid fashion...everyone will know that I'm taken your place dad. he thought, awaiting a response from Heretic.

"Such a pity" were the words that left Heretic's lips, softly spoken like a madman's lullaby. "You truly believe I seek these items, these jewels of such value? You must have taken a blow to the head, dear Kid, but my message is of far much significance, beyond such simple, material needs." He grinned, teeth firmly locked and exposed from his wide smile, eyes locked with the Kid's. "No, you see, my message is one of justice, judgement, the vindication of mankind from ilk. Albeit my mannerisms to approach this goal treads in heresy to my own believes, but in truth you must never keep your eyes off of the prize, and my path remains one directly towards it."

He took a deep breath, before raising a brow with his smile. "You don't quite seem to be the same, in truth. Whereas I have aged, matured, refined, you seem to have remained in a stand-still state of time. Perhaps you have stolen the secret of youth?" He jested a while, enjoying the notion of banter. "Or, perhaps, simply an imposter, attempting to live life in the shadow of greatness - in truth, I do not recognize you as the Kaito Kid I have fought before on many times." Heretic, afterwards, clenched his fist as lightning sparked out from it, one end of the bolt singeing the pillar he stood next to, charring it with a black smudge.

"Alas, you have teased my lust for conversation long enough, child. I will be taking that necklace, whether it be willing, or from your dead body beneath my foot."

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0RIMTnOmcY]The Thief Kid Appears[/url]

I thought as much...this behemoth has fought against my dad before. Kaitou Kid thought, as he lowered his arms, and gently placed them in his pocket. Then he tipped his hat towards Heretic and gave a slight chuckle.

"The Immortal Kaitou Kid, obviously you've forgotten that that happens to be one of my many wondrous titles." he said simply, as he shot another smirk at Heretic. Indeed this foe was strong, as the pillar definitely was proof of that. Oh great...that means Shino would definitely blame HIM for that. "As for an imposter? Your just going to have to find that out for yourself." Kaitou smiled as he, clasped both of his hands together, before his Card Gun appeared in his right hand. And obvious signature of Kaitou Kid, but he didn't just show this.

Suddenly a small violent wind surrounded the Phantom Thief, as he smirked. Now Heretic could see the Emerald Spade glowing brightly on his belt buckle. "Still think that I am a fake?"

2 Days Ago

Ronin sat and watched the television as the cats strutted pass the outside of  his living room window. Ronin lives in Tashirojima, so the number of cats walking around is very normal. As he sipped his tea, he watch the oddly shaped lady on the News talk about the return of the cunning Kaito kid. She then went on about how Inspector Shiho Hayate gathered dozens of guards to protect the Fallen Star Topaz Necklace.

"I see the infamous Kaitou is back. I have to say, he's pretty good. I can't help but point out the flaws his actions. I think I might tag along as one of the police officers just to meet him."

Present

Ronin stood beyond a wall listening to Heretic and Kaitou ramble.

A fake he says. I wonder where this is heading. If anyone knows Kaitou, its Heretic himself. Well I think I better get going before they make way.

Ronin walks out towards Heretic and Kaitou. He had his head down as the police cap he was wearing covered the upper half of his head.

"Now what do we have here. Two of the top renown "craftsmen" standing in front of the Fallen Star Topaz Necklace's case. This should be interesting."

Satou, The Red Mage, leaned against the wall on the other side of the room, his red coat falling down around him. The Nakama Museum of History was full of guards, yet all guards but one were missing from the most important room in the Museum. What a bunch of fools these guards are. He chuckled as he watched the lone officer approach the other two known as Heretic and Kaitou Kid. It was far from his attention to try to take the Fallen Star Topaz. In fact, he was merely content to simply sit back and watch. I do hope they give a good show. Otherwise, this will have just been a waste of time. Satou laid his can across his lap as his pulled out a roll to much on.

Riding in the back of her father's police car, Azami sat back casually, fussing over her fingernails. An irritated expression sat etched upon her face. This is ridiculous. She thought to herself. After having had her dad pick her up from school, Azami had been forced to ride with him as he was called away to a scene of a possible crime. She hadn't gotten the details, and didn't care either. It was a waste of her time, and now she was being forced to wait in the car as her father ran around in some dingy museum. 

There was a crackle of static, as a voice came over the car's radio. "Shino sir! We've found him! We found Kid! He's running through the fossil exhibit!" Azami's attention was drawn off her polished nails, hearing the call. Had he said Kid? As in the Kaitou Kid? Azami couldn't believe it. Every Magician Thief knew that name. The Kaitou Kid had been a legend in his time, and it seemed as if the infamous Phantom Thief was making a reappearance. Making a split second decision, Azami leapt out of the patrol car. 

The night air was cold against her skin, but she hardly noticed. She made her way through the throngs of patrol cars and police officers. A few milled around outside the museum, waiting to see if the Kaitou Kid escaped in his plight. "Miss! I'm going to have to ask you to stop." The voice came from a police officer, Azami cursed. She had hoped to evade detection until she was in the museum. Looks like things are starting early. The flower that sat perched on top of Azami's crimson hair puffed out for a moment, releasing a thick pink haze into the air. The gas surrounded the girl, causing the approaching officer to stop for a moment. When it cleared, Azami was no longer there. Instead, stood the feared Hinoemma. The guard stumbled backward, recognizing the infamous thief. If the stories were true, it was said that the Hinoemma didn't leave any witnesses. 

Turning, Azami looked at the officer through the holes in her mask. A cruel smile appeared on her lips. It had been awhile since her last heist. She had been craving blood for quite awhile. Azami launched two kunai at the officer, who was in the process of drawing his pistol. The first of the sharp blades hit the man's shoulder, causing him to cry out in pain, dropping the gun he had just unholstered. The second hit his upper thigh, a large amount of blood spilling out. He dropped to the ground, screaming in pain. The other officers would be getting suspicious. Leaning in closer, Azami whispered to the man. "Fresh meat." She withdrew the kunai in the man's shoulder, causing him to cry out in more pain. Lifting her mask slightly, she licked the blade, smiling as the blood crossed her lips. In truth, she didn't actually enjoy the taste, but the fear on the man's face was satisfying in its own right.

Not wanting to waste any more time, Azami leaped into the air, landing on the car hood of a nearby patrol car. Hopping from one to the other, she quickly found herself in front of the museum. Pushing the door open, Azami entered. Looking up, she saw a notice for the museum's greatest attraction. The Fallen Star Topaz. That was undoubtedly the Kaitou Kid's prize. 

Find him. Kill him. There shall be none left standing.

[hr]

Takeshi watched the scarlet haired girl rushed into the museum, having wounded a police officer in the process. "It seems as if the devil maiden has made her appearance." Takeshi whispered to himself. He had heard rumors of a new thief around time, one that didn't leave anyone standing. A pillar of flames surrounded the magician, and when they died down he had gone from his hiding spot. 

Appearing beside the fallen guard, Takeshi leaned over. The man's eyes were wide with fear. His hands clutched helplessly at the wound in his leg. Blood spilled from it, staining the ground beneath them. It was not a pretty sight. "Fear not. Your dying day is not here yet." Takeshi said, trying to soothe the victim. He wasn't so sure if the man had even heard him though. Often times, fear paralyzed the senses. Reaching for the young officer, Takeshi placed his hand on the wound. "Heart Vice." He said. An orange light spread across the man's skin. He instantly grew still. 

Takeshi stood, looking down in pity. He had been forced to paralyze the man, slowing the flow of his blood and thus assuring that his fellow officers would get him to a hospital on time. A gun shot split the air. Takeshi felt the bullet whiz right past the back of his head. The other guards had spotted the scene now. "I mean no harm. Please see to this man. He deserves to witness the beauty left in life." Once again the thief disappeared in a pillar of flames, reappearing in the museum. He had to find out what all the commotion was about. 

"Shino Sir! We've found him! We found Kid! He's running through the fossil exhibit." It's hadn't been that long since that radio call went out, and only moments later the room where the prize was located was filled with all types of magician thieves, and one ex-priest. From the next building over, a short female sighed as she sat over the edge of the building. She had an all black, skin tight suit on that was equipped with a black tail and cat ears. The individual move her hand on her ear and turned a small knob on the small device on her ear. "K, I don't think it'll be a good idea to head in right now." The girl didn't have to wait long for a response.

"I agree. I was just about to contact you. It seems that everyone had their sights set on the necklace. After that Kaito Kid sent that letter to Inspector Shino, we should have known this would happen. I suggest you abandon this one Mirage."

Mirage groaned, closing her blue and golden eyes. "Great. I would go in, but I really don't feel like messing with all of those magicians. Um...K, by the way. What is up with this outfit? I feel like I should be on my way to some type of convention."

"I thought it would be cute! Maybe you'd get another nickname. Something like...Magic Cat!"

Mirage facepalmed, "Yeah, leave the names to the press K. Anyway, those police officers should be realizing that the earlier call was a trick. They won't chase a shadow forever." Besides the count she saw enter the building, and the little show with the girl who exited the police car who turned out to be Hinoemma and the another guy chasing after her there were too many people in there. "Alright, I'm coming back. I'll let this night go." Mirage turned around and left not risking the battle.

"Alright, I'll wait for your return."

Katarina laughed and conversed with the party goers, despite her dislike for the entire affair. Unfortunately as the Al-Satur Head of House, and the Ambassador’s daughter she had certain social obligations. Katarina despised these types of gatherings, having to deal with a bunch of fat-cats who were so full of themselves, believing that their money made them better than everyone else, and only pretended to like her to get in good with her father.

“I believe I will be getting home Genji-sama,” Katarina gave a pleasant smile withdrawing. Slowly backing away from the crowd Katarina backed into the washroom, taking care nobody saw her. Closing the stall door she pulled off the dress she had been wearing revealing her thief outfit. Opening her purse she pulled out two pairs of gloves slipping them on to her hands. Unfortunately she had had to leave her mask, guns, and grappling hook at home or she would have set off the metal detectors. Pulling her long hair around her face Katarina tied it together hiding, at least, her distinguishing features.

Pulling herself up on the stall Katarina pushed open the window pulling herself out, sending two Tarot Cards flying into the security camera lenses before they could catch a good look at her.

“Strength,” Katarina whispered, the small incantation activating the Tarot Card’s hidden power. With that she pulled herself up to the second floor window, using her extra strength to smash one of the museum’s windows knowing noise of the blabbering people downstairs would block out the sound. Oddly enough she found three other people already in there.

“My, my the Kaitou Kid. I would think by now that you wouldn’t be a kid anymore,” Katarina laughed, “now it seems you have my prize.” Stalking towards all three men, but being careful enough to stay out of their reach Katarina bowed. “Allow me to introduce myself. I am Faraasha,” Katarina said sweetly, suddenly flicking out eight cards, “now we can hand over the pretty trinket to me… or I can start hurting people. Your choice.” 

The Heretic remained statue-esque, unmoving as he listened to the Kaito Kid's return. He kept his civilised smile, if it could so be called, as the two stags locked horns, spitting fire from their moves out at each other. Indeed, while the Heretic was a conversationalist and chattered with a good rant now and again, the Kid simply made his points through his acts and few words - he really didn't need to say much. Nonetheless, it meant nothing in terms of things. Whether one could talk or not was irrelevant in a game of thievery. Heretic, thus, chuckled softly to Kaito's words and nodded. "I do apologize. When one vanishes for such a long time, one must perceive that memories of accolades are to vanish. Many perceived you dead, which somewhat, which is why I quested the title myself."

As soon as the violent whip picked up, Heretic's hand rushed to his shroud. He also spotted that damned symbol that, in truth, he had missed. With a soft chuckle he shook his head. "I have no reason to perceive you as truth. Tell me: what possibilities are there that, indeed, the true Kid had perished and you have merely picked up his gear, along with the gauntlet?" He then scowled to the kid. "Because Kaito Kid knew all to well about my Shroud. He knows its powers, and how it renders your winds completely ineffective - in truth, child, you're making mistakes with each step you make."

The psychological warfare between the pair of them was, indeed, dampened upon the arrival of a policeman. Growling beneath his breath, Kaito would be able to notice Heretic's hand clenching all the more tightly which, should he have done his homework upon the man, could only mean he was about to snap. When the policeman began to speak, however, Heretic feigned his social smile filled with sarcasm and arrogance. "You intrigue me, officer. How courageous for you to step between what could very well have been a very vicious battle between two greats." All the while his eyes were stilled upon the Kid. "Courageous, or simply stupid. Maybe a mesh of the two."

Soon after, another neophyte approached them, with a voice soft to the ear. He could not simply spot her, Heretic's eyes needed to be upon his target. Kaito Kid could easily flee if he went unnoticed. So long as Heretic's eye was pinned on him, he was exposed, unable to simply run away much like the cowardly scum Heretic took pleasure in destroying. "You, too, seek this jewel?" He asked, a brow raised. Knowingly to some his soft phrase spoke again: "Such a pity."

Again, should Kaito or anyone else really have done their homework, Heretic spoke these words when death was in the air, with his eyes as the hunter. "You all have such simple desires. Why can you all not see what madness this is? Thievery, murder, crime - it need not be, yet you all insist upon it. Can you not blame me for having to stoop to levels of hypocrisy, when the only solution to this issue is absolute annihilation?"

Another chuckle, he motioned away from the other two and created a square between himself, Kaito, the officer and Faraasha - in doing so enabling them all to have a fair line of sight of each other. Following this Heretic stood strong, static heard in the air as he took hold of his Thundering Stance. Soon after with a quick scan of the room, he grinned and, swiftly, charging a bolt of lightning he barked out "Zwei!" which later lead to him throwing a thunderbolt straight for Kaito. The Kid would also notice sparks from this stream of lightning, emanating from Heretic's hand, were flickering to the light switch nearby which lead straight to the power outlet - this was an execution technique.

The Magician's Lion originally held the intent of attacking Kaitou Kid and stealing his Emerald Spade, but quietly withdrew as he saw the Heretic's presence in the area. Although many of the other magicians were no doubt underestimating this man, Lion had indeed done his homework. To him, the Heretic was his greatest threat and obstacle, and despite examining the few surveillance there were of him in great detail, it was difficult to pinpoint an exact weakness. As it turned out, his choice also happened to be an advantageous one - a lot of the Thieves had been gathered to one place.

The Heretic had begun his execution technique once more, and the Magician's Lion had no desire to partake in that. If he were to get rid of the Heretic, it would preferably be from a distance. That seemingly impenetrable shroud of his was a problem. Today simply wasn't his day to strike-

As it turned out, he wasn't the only one with that idea. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught someone in some kind of ridiculous cat outfit making her escape, over the edge of the building - presumably...

"Stop, Magician." He stated in a deep, terrifying tone.

Utilizing the power of ventriloquism to its best, he made his voice sound as if came from directly behind her. It was a psychological trick that was actually pretty efficient to human beings, induced by a combination of shock and suggestion that was proven to work, and through that psychological action she stopped. Even if it was only for a second, it was more than enough for the cloaked man with a lion mask to catch up to her. Using both of his hands, he quickly trapped her arms behind her to leave her helpless.

"Mirage, was it?" The Magician's Lion asked afterwards, this time in a surprisingly much younger voice. "Having compared your actions and success rates with many other Magician Thieves, you seem to be among the best in this city. That makes you worthy. You may have heard of me - I am the Magician's Lion." After speaking these words, he let go of her arms as if in a show of trust and calmly took a step back. "Neither of us wish to join in that museum's dogfight, but I'm sure you want the necklace, as do I. With the Heretic and Kaitou Kid now on the scene, it will be much harder to carry on alone."

Suddenly grabbing his mask, he pulled part of it off to reveal that he was a young boy with vermillion eyes and long hair that matched, but not enough to give away his expression. Then with his other hand, he held it out as if for a handshake. "I'm sure you understand. Would you like to make an alliance with me, Mirage?"

"You assume I didn't know." Kaitou Kid said, however within his mind he didn't know at all. Yeah it was definitely time to read up on his dad's notes on most of these thieves. "Perhaps I had anticipated more than one enemy...trying to make sure my great rival didn't get injured before our fight."

As if on cue, the cop and Faraasha appeared on the scene. Heh, guess this was better than he ever thought. Well at least Inspector Shino isn't-

EVERYONE!! BACK TO THE FALLEN STAR!!

Well damn.... Kaitou Kid thought, sighing. This was now gonna be the longest night he ever had. That's when he had Heretic shoot Zwei at him. "WHOA!!!" he said as he stepped to the left, as the lightning hit the display case. Wait...the lightning moves...he did see something on a newspaper about this. Heretic...that was his name!! Kaitou Kid thought, as he spun his Card Gun on his finger. "I see your aim really has improved greatly over these years...Heretic. However, its time for this Phantom to disappear."

Without another warning, Kaitou Kid vanished in a puff of smoke. It filled the room completely, visibility becoming very bad. With this, Kaitou Kid rushed out of the exhibit, as he headed towards the Dinosaur exhibit. Let Shino deal with the other thieves...and I get out of here with no problem~

"Stop Magician."

Anyone who was a thief knows that when someone tells you to 'stop' the correct response is to continue running. However, despite that Mirage couldn't keep herself from coming to a dead stop. She wasn't exactly sure why she stopped simply due to a voice. She didn't feel as though some type of magic was keeping her there. Though, Mirage didn't have time to wonder on it much longer. The owner of the voice - or so she assumed - appeared behind her and trapped her arms to keep her still. 'Hn, amateur.' This grip was easy enough to get out off. All she needed to do was push him away, and thanks to her Ace it would be a piece of cake. Just as she was about to, the man spoke. "Mirage, was it?" The dynamic change from the strong voice from earlier and the boyish and younger voice now shocked her. From the current voice she pegged him as 17, maybe 18. She thought he was older.

"Yeah, it is." She answered, "Now if you'd be so kind as to release my arms." Of course he didn't, well not right away. First he inflated her ego, saying he believed that she was one of the best in the city due to her previous exploits. He then introduced himself as the Magician's Lion. After wards he released her. Mirage wasted no time moving away and facing the potential threat. "Yeah I've heard of you." Lion continued, telling her he knew she wanted the necklace; he did as well. Though with Kaito Kid and Heretic there it would be troublesome. That was something she agreed on. Due to those two being there, and then the arrival of so many others, Mirage was content with letting this one slide. Her eyes locked onto his hand when moved suddenly, but instead of an attack he only removed his Lion mask. Only enough for her to see his eyes, but nothing more. He then held out his other hand, asking for an alliance.

She placed a hand on her hips, considering his offer. Mirage didn't see many problems with it. While she was confident she could take Kid by herself, Heretic was a completely different story. He had much more experience that most of them had in fighting, and she herself was still tinkering with the full capabilities of her Ace and Gem's power.

"Hey, Mirage where are you? I thought you'd be back by now." The female voice on the other side of her ear piece said.

"Yeah, I got a bit caught up. Give me a minute." Mirage replied, then looked at Lion. After a few more seconds she smirked, "Ah, what the hell? Could be fun to team up with another magician." She shook his outstretched hand closing the deal. She had a habit of not always thinking things through, but she was sure that no matter what happened at least she'd be fine. Besides, better have at least one less person to worry about even if only for a moment. Just then she heard the inspector yell into his radio - that K was able to easily get into - telling everyone to head back to the Fallen Star. "Looks like Inspector Shino is finally up to speed. Kid should be making his escape soon." Mirage grinned at Lion, "So let's get started, partner." 

Azami sprinted through the museum. Despite her intense focus to find her prize and prey, she had gotten lost. The museum was relatively large, and direction really wasn't her strong suit. Looking around, she spotted a map next to the skeleton of some large dinosaur. Paying no attention to the fossilized reptile, she peered over at the map, looking at the YOU ARE HERE dot and traced her way through the museum. Committing the route to memory, Azami continued towards the topaz necklace. 

She hadn't been running long when she heard the sound of footsteps echoing across the museum's floor. A tingle of excitement coursed through her spine. Things were about to get interesting. Using the thin, transparent thread loaded in her gloves, Azami sailed to the museum ceiling, hiding from the incoming footsteps. Soon enough, the figure of a fleeing man, sprinted into view. Looking at his garb, Azami could tell that this was the legendary Kaitou Kid. 

Knowing of the magician's prowess, she didn't doubt that he carried with him the quarry that she sought. Launching a few kunai towards the fleeing figure, the blades impaled themselves on the ground right in front of the Phantom. Pulled taut by the two kunais was a piece of Invisa-Wire, creating a trip wire of sorts. Before the Kaitou Kid knew what was going on, the trap had been sprung. Toppling to the ground, Azami let out a giggle at seeing the magician fall. Leaping back to the ground, a [acronym='Teasing Fragrance']pink haze[/acronym] wafted about the masked girl. "Hello there kid. I am Hinoemma. Give me what you have, and I won't feast on your blood." 

[hr]

Takeshi was in hot pursuit of the scarlet headed maiden that had done such a number on the guards outside. The girl was good, making nearly no sound as she ran, but nearly no sound, was still too much for Takeshi not to notice. A sickly sweet smell permeated through the air as he ran through the museum. Perhaps it was just the general smell of the museum, but Takeshi suspected that it was the infamous Hinoemma at work. 

Nervously grasping his sword, Takeshi licked his lips. He wasn't big on fighting, but he wasn't sure that he could escape an encounter with another Magician Thief without trading a few blows. Takeshi found himself entering a surprising scene. Hinoemma stood over a fallen figure, a pink mist spiraling around the pair. Takeshi watched it, drinking in the beauty of the scene. Despite the danger afoot, Takeshi couldn't help but notice the way the girl's hair give off a pleasing sheen on how the mist highlighted the air of confidence about her. 

Taking cover behind an exhibit, Takeshi stopped to watch what would unfold. 

Kaitou Kid wasn't expecting Hinoemma to be awaiting her when he escaped the display room, leaving Heretic and whoever else was lying in wait for their opportunity to strike. However, once he got far enough...the trip wire she laid was there...and he did indeed trip, then noticing the female who was in front him. And OH MY GOD!!!!

Heh, wow. Now this is what I like to see...and she's a thief like me? Oh man, this gig I can definitely get into now~ Kid thought with a sly smirk, coming across his face. That's when he noticed the pink mist beginning to swarm around her.

"Hello there Kid. I am Hinoemma. Give me what you have, and I won't feast on your blood."

This sentence gave Kaitou Kid a small chuckle, as he quickly stood up, giving a slight gentlemen bow towards her. "An honor to meet you, Miss Hinoemma." he said, before he snapped his fingers. At the sound of the fingers snapping, [acronym='Aero Gust']a slight gust of wind blew[/acronym] swiftly came in and blew away the pink haze surrounding the female thief. At that moment, when this happened, Kaitou Kid did two simple things. In his left hand, appeared a lone red rose, as he handed it to her. Then he knelt on his one knee, before kissing Hinoemma's left hand. "I'm sorry, my lady, but this humble thief...can't quite give up this necklace up...even to a woman as beautiful as yourself~" Kaitou Kid smiled, winking at the female thief.

This moment however...was short lived...as the sounds of the cops and even Inspector Shino got louder.

"Heh, ciao!" Kaitou Kid smiled, as he quickly stood up and disappeared in another puff of smoke, now reappearing behind Hinoemma and continuing the chase.

Takeshi watched the happenings between the two magicians. The Kaitou Kid really was quite the elegant gentlemen, but his sarcasm was quite wearing. He was sure that Hinoemma would stab the young magician without a second thought, but suddenly, the Phantom Magician was sprinting away. As the magician passed Takeshi's hiding place, the glint of green caught his eye. There was no mistaking the beauty of the gem that sat royally in the kid's belt. The thought of the vicious maiden and sparkling topaz left the Lonesome Rose's thoughts. Everything was about the emerald now. 

Leaping up, Takeshi took off after the kid. Behind him followed the blood thirst Hinoemma, quickly gaining ground. Not wanting to deal with the girl, Takeshi shout an orange orb back at her, which exploded in a display of harsh orange light, enough to stop anyone in their tracks. Now it was just Takeshi and the Kid...at least for now. "Wait up, good sir! I wish only to talk about the beautiful gem you hold so closely." Takeshi called out, but the Phantom was not having any of it. Sighing, Takeshi didn't want it to come to this. Stopping, he paused for a moment. Thrusting his hands outward, a stream of fire erupted into the air, slowly form into a large orb. There was a mighty roar and the orb began to uncurl itself. 

A massive dragon made entirely of fire now chased after the fleeing Kaitou Kid. Easily catching up, the dragon blocked off the Kid's path. "Will you listen now?"

Needless to say Katarina was less than pleased as the Kaitou Kid ran out of the room, smoke covering his trail. Throwing the cards in her left hand blindly Katarina ran after the Phantom Thief. Behind her she could here the muffled shouts as the detectives rushed towards the jewel room.

Following the white silhouette through the haze, Katarina found the Kaitou Kid face-down at the feet of a red-haired girl, who she recognized as the Magician Thief Hinoemma, a pink haze slowly spreading around her. Had she... killed him? It would seem like quite the inappropriate end to the master thief... Almost as suddenly the white-clad thief rose, and with a snap of his fingers a heavy wind swept through the room, wiping away the haze, while the kid made his escape. 

Dashing behind the Hinoemma and Kaitou Kid, Katarina now noticed a third thief in pursuit of the Kid. Without warning a large dragon, made of fire, descended in front of the Kaitou Kid. Was this another one of his tricks, some sort of freakish getaway vehicle.

Walking into the room behind all three thieves Katarina decided to keep to herself for now, and what for a moment when she steal the necklace unnoticed. 

The Magician's Lion nodded in affirmation.

"The Heretic is nigh invincible, but one advantage the Magician Thieves have over him is speed, so chances are that he'll be the last to leave the building. Everyone's probably on a wild goose chase after Kaitou Kid, so he'll be the last to come out..." The Lion stated.

After a split second of thought, he remembered something; "Mirage, you can decrease the moving velocity of an object to zero, correct?" Beat. "Ahem, stopping an object in its place?"

Looking around, he examined the museum again and paid close attention to his hearing. As stealthy as Magician Thieves were, they tended to be quite noisy when in battles. And indeed - there was a sound moving closer and closer to the entrance near them. The sound of cackling fires and smoke, which most likely represented a Magician Thief and Kaitou Kid.

"Kaitou Kid will be the first thing running out of that entrance." He said, pointing out to it. "The plan here is simple - you'll stand invisible near the entrance and freeze him just as he escapes. Then I'll strike and steal both the necklace and the Emerald Spade away from him before he can do his disappearing trick. I'll need your trick to escape afterwards, though, or else I'd become everyone's target. It's our only chance."

It was true. If he took out Kaitou Kid, he'd hate to end up as the one being chased by Hinoemma, Toorima, and least of all, Heretic (the others weren't very noteworthy to him). Mirage had her flaws and he had his, so by working together, it was possible to do a whole lot more. The possibility occurred that she might not save him and leave him to be chased by the dogs magicians, but he disregarded it. There was no way she'd let a chance like this slip away, right?

Negotiations about sharing or splitting the prizes could be thought about once they were alone together.

Dear readers, take a moment to contemplate. If you knew in your heart you were the true saviour of mankind, the final arbiter of its path, the adjucator to its blossoming, as well as a lightning-powered behemoth, how would you feel if you were, say, overwhelmed- No, simply caught off guard, by what you saw as trash, filth, stains of mankind?

Heretic, covering his mouth with a thrash of his shroud, protected himself from the smoke Kaito Kid promptly used, but swiftly after he was all but left in the dust by the magicians, whom all bore such speed, such sheer velocity, a man of his age knew he couldn't keep up all to easily. As such, witnessing the room now empty of people, the thundering harbinger punched the pillar to his left viciously, causing the stone to promptly crack beneath his fist. Furthermore, his eyes furious, he let out a grunt of frustration, feeling that he had let not one, not two, but three undeserving lives their escape.

But promptly, this scowl turned into a malicious, vindictive smile. He then walked out of this particular room and jogged a few of the corridors, before meeting the bright light of orange. He kept his gaze away, knowing that this perfect straight was the perfect opportunity to do some severe damage control, at least in his eyes. As such, thrusting his fist into the mains and growling with this new energy source coursing through him, he began to feed off of the electricity that fed the museum.

Notably, the museum's lighting, alarms, anything powered by the source began to somewhat malfunction. It created a wonderful guise, surely to force the oncoming police to find a backup generator before investigating further. At least, one might hope. This distraction was very notable, as the lighting flickered with inconsistency, before simply shutting down as the electric mains bent its knee to Heretic, its new host. Growling, he witnessed his targets beyond the now dimming orange light, and promptly taking his arm from the mains took a stance.

Bolts of lightning radiating from the thundering presence, he generated intense lightning in his arms, Heretic barked out "Thunder Bolt - Omega!" before throwing it towards the Magicians, Kaito Kid, Takeshi, and unknowingly Katarina - watching the lightning form a wave of electricty that well-fitted around the corridors of the museum, Heretic had forced the Magicians to run, for the damage created by this attack was annihilating the pots, stands, glass cases and the rest, and wouldn't stop until it hit ground, i.e. the paralel wall, directly. That, or ensnaring a victim and netting around them.

Heretic's arrogance once again would likely serve him poorly, as he perceived these Magicians would all be caught in this powerful electric field, so much so he decided to make his leave, closing his eyes to hide them from the public in the darkened museum, simply walking through the front doors of the building and, swiftly afterwards, gave away his grasp of the body he hosted.

Nobuo stumbled off of the stairs and into the crowd of people outside of the museum, worried for their own safety. The powerful static noise and thundering boom of the Omega technique could still be heard, but for now the Heretic would hide within Nobuo, whom would hide in the public eye. Nobuo himself worried at the sight, almost unintentionally merging with the crowd, as he showed sincere concern for those inside. Promptly afterwards, he began to offer them a prayer.

Will I listen? Kaitou Kid thought, as Takeshi stopped him. "Sad to say, I am on quite a time schedule, sir."

He was however, intrigued about the fire tricks this magician had performed to stop him. A quite impressive feat to say the least. It was almost on par with the abilities of the Emerald Spade. Of course, the reason of Takeshi's tricks didn't catch on with Kaitou Kid at the moment...but to be honest, not much was.

"Thunder Bolt - Omega!"

Kaitou Kid turned to catch a glimpse of seeing Heretic launching the attack not just him and Takeshi, but Katarina as well. Crap! he thought, as he ran to the left of Takeshi, trying to escape Heretic's strike. Yeah...go left...BRILLIANT IDEA ¬_¬.

"There he is! Arrest the Phantom Thief Kid!!!"

Wow, they caught on fast. Kaitou Kid thought, as a small sweat drop appeared on the side of his head, seeing the group of cops, lead by...who else: Inspector Shino Hayate. "Ossu, Inspector! A beautiful night for a heist, don't ya think?"

"KID!!! Your not escaping from me after all these years!!" Shino yelled, with a determined grin on his face.

Right now escape is the LAST thing on my mind! Kaitou Kid thought, as he took his Card Gun, as it shot out a small grapple, hitting straight towards a Tyrannosaurs' skeleton. More like...SURVIVING!!

~*~*~*~

During these exploits, a shady sort of figure in a trenchcoat stood behind a display case of old rocks. He slid his hand into his coat and pulled out a small cellphone, untraceable of course. The man held it up to his ear, hearing the dial tone...waiting for a response from the other end.

"Yeah...its me." the man said lowly. "Tell Oni...HE's...back. I repeat: The Phantom Thief, Kaitou Kid has returned."

(OOC: FYI!! NO ONE SEES THE SHADY GUY!! Things with this sort of person will be revealed at the end of the episode and the entirety of episode 2!!)

Takeshi felt the crackle of energy before he felt it. The immense lightning bolt shot toward him, as well as the other magician thieves. Drawing his sword, flames leapt across the blade. Slamming the sword into the ground, the floor below him grumbled, pitching Takeshi into the museum's basement.  

The attack passed overhead, filling the air full of energy, causing Takeshi's hair to stand on end. "Brilliant." Takeshi said, but whether he was talking about his situation or the beautiful display of light, no one could be sure. He looked around. There wasn't much light, so Takeshi summoned a single orb of light to illuminate the expanse. There didn't seem to be much down here. A few crates and boxes, but nothing that caught Takeshi's eye. 

Defeat entered Takeshi's eye. He had lost both the topaz and the Emerald Spade. There was no way he would catch up now. He could only hope that the Kaitou Kid would hold on to both for the time being, so that he could find them again later. Dropping a single rose, Takeshi fled. 

[hr]

Azami stumbled backward. After the Kaitou Kid had escaped her trap, she had been blinded by a brilliant explosion of light that had left her dazed. Now regaining her self, she opened her eyes. All she saw was darkness. Her heart skipped a beat. Had she been rendered blind by the light based explosion? Before she could fret over it anymore however, a streak of yellow lightning arched through the air. Letting out a sigh of relief, she regained her composure. The lights had simply been turned off.

Her eyes adjusted to the lowered lighting and she once again took off in pursuit of the Kaitou Kid. It wasn't until she had restarted the chase, did she realize she was still holding the boy's rose that he had given her. A sickly smell filled the air as the rose wilted in front of her. 

Kill him. Now!

Azami cringed at the thought, but nonetheless leapt after the boy, ready to draw blood. Turning down a corridor, she found herself confronted with a hoard of guards and the back of the Kaitou Kid. Slipping a kunai from her sleeve, Hinoemma threw the dagger at the unsuspecting magician, but before she knew it, he had sailed high into the air. The knife sailed through the air, cutting the sleeve of a guard, but dealing no permanent damage. Azami cursed. They had now seen her as well. 

Azami thought for a moment. Most of the guards seemed to be male, giving her an advantage, but the vast number of them would be hard to take out all at once and still be able to catch up with the Kid. She growled in frustration. The clever bastard had escaped her tonight. But now she had a target out for the Kaitou Kid and the masked magician that had nearly blinded her. 

Sailing into the air, Azami crashed into a ventilation duct, riding it all the way to the outer wall of the building. Greeted by fresh air, she quickly changed back into her pedestrian clothes. Scurrying through the throng of people, she opened the door to her father's patrol car, and waited. As far as anyone else was concerned, she had never even left the confines of the car. 

"Mirage, you can decrease the moving velocity of an object to zero, correct? Ahem, stopping an object in its place?"

Mirage grinned, "That I certainly can do." He explained the plan, and Mirage nodded in agreement. "Sure thing. I'll make sure you have an opportunity to get close. Though, I can only stay hidden for about a minute." She figured they could figure out how to split the spoils afterwards. Besides he also mentioned taking Kid's Emerald, which Mirage didn't know or care too much about. Well, in her defense she didn't know that it was one of the special gems like hers, but even if she did she wasn't interested in collecting them all. She liked just having one. Too many would put a target on her for those people who were trying to collect all of them, as she too has heard the story behind them from her teacher. Due to that she never showed it off as to not alert those group of people.

"Hm...Looks like things are getting pretty serious." She noted. "Sounds like a few of them gave up for the night. Things are getting dangerous, this will be our only chance to get that necklace. Let's try not to screw up, ne." With a parting smile she leaped down, vanishing halfway down. 'So all I have to do is hide by this entrance, and when he comes out just freeze him then Lion will finish it off. *sigh* I hope he does come by this way...It'd be foolish to leave out the front considering that's where all the cops are...but...Hell that's what I would do. It keeps things interesting-Gah! Focus Mirage!'

Museums were certainly interesting places. Full of intrigue and mystery and history and more. A place for education and learning, for correcting the mistakes of the past, and for protecting the wonders of the world long since gone. Restoration and preservation took place in them, and the history of the human race was outline; a marvelous tapestry of tales, beautiful in their endless wonders.

But, after all hyperbole is forgiven, museums have one more thing in common. They're all rather - sadly and unintentionally - dull. Somethhing Dean noted to himself as he walked up the front steps into the orange-ish museum, the sunset slowly encroaching and giving the museum a grand demeanour, as if it was an exclusive access building, despite the multiple security guards and late-evening visitors. In fact, despite the time, and the slightly wet weather, the museum was rather well-populated.

Of course, Dean knew why this was, and as he stepped inside the doors and closed his umbrella, shaking the slight droplets of the misty rain off, he looked up to the large poster advertising the perfect prize for any admirable thief; the Fallen Star Topaz. Which was kind of what Dean was hoping on, that the most admirable and powerful of all the magician thieves would be attracted to it, and that one of the legendary suits would turn up. An ideal score, what he was counting on; the aquiring of even just one of the Merlin Suits would be a fine award, more grand a prize than some Topaz Necklace.

What he wasn't counting on was the sheer attractiveness of this necklace to the thieves of the city, and that he had but an hour before the museum became the grounds for a war-like effort.

For now, he merely moved through the crowds of people searching through the museum towards the main exhibit. The room of the topaz. Easily the most heavily guarded, Dean noticed at least 20 guards in the single room, about as many as would be walking the rest of the halls together. Dean chuckled and walked up to the guard searching people before they went in and said but a few words, words which apparently had the effect of the man mistaking him for royalty or something, for the guard immediately bowed. Dean chuckled at his own abuse of his talent; ego-boosts were very welcome for him.

He seated himself at a bench within the shadows, with no guards around it and in the cover of one of the massive pillars surrounding the room, with a clear line of view towards the Topaz, and lit himself a cigarette while he waited; blatantly against the rules of the museum, but no-one seemed to pay him any mind in his inconspicuous spot.

Despite his eagerness to find these suits and guard the Topaz personally, he was asleep within minutes, his black fedora falling to cover his face so naught but a half used cigarette and a slightly stubbled chin could be seen of his face.

He didn't noticed as almost all the guards and visitors stampeded out of the exhibit, nor did he wake when the two legendary figures of Heretic and Kaitou Kid appeared before him. They were visited by multiple other magician thieves, of lesser reknown, and none took any heed of the sleeping man at the side of the room, nor did he wake for them, even when a fight began to break out, and the Kaitou Kid fled.

In fact, it wasn't until most of the thieves had actually left the room, leaving but Heretic in the centre of the room that Dean actually woke, forced into a more active role by the pillar next to him cracking away, as Heretic punched it with such forced to send a couple small chips of marble to pelt Dean in the head, causing him to wake suddenly and fall forwards off the bench.

"Oi, d*ck! I'm not paying for repairs!" He shouted after the man, rubbing his forehead lightly as he rose. He quickly flipped the man off as the man left, having obviously not heard Dean and his curses.

Dean continued to curse under his breath as he moved towards the case of the Fallen Topaz, having guessed what had happened anyway, from the lack of guards, visitors and people all together, really. He sighed as he realised his own mistake, and glanced around the room again.

Apparently someone had made the same mistake he had made, or was at least very unattentive. Some guy in a red cloak on the other side of the room had been staring at the entire ordeal, and yet made no move to leave or follow the other thieves. Which was both very intriguing and very stupid. 

"You dont fancy chasing after such a valuable prize then, my friend?" Dean asked the Red Mage, leaning against a nearby pillar and offering a cigarette to the unusual man.

As the large lightning bolt flew towards Katarina, she made a quick roll to the side; in the movement her mask of hair became untangled showing her face. Thankfully, she had been out of the sight of the other thieves, and the lights had gone out as well. In moments her eyes had adjusted to the darkness, and using the last few minutes of her enhance strength crashed through a nearby window, grabbing onto a tree branch, before dropping down.

Circling around Katarina pulled herself into the bathroom window, and quickly retrieved her clothes out of the trash can. Again in the stall she slipped her dress on, before climbing, again, out of the washroom window.

Taking a long route to avoid being seen, Katarina found herself in the museum parking lot, were a small black Toyota was waiting for her. Opening the passenger side door she slipped in, next to a youth about her age, with long deep purple hair.

“Did you get it?” The boy asked flipping his long hair out of his eyes, before starting the car.

“No, you won’t believe this, but the Kaitou Kid showed up,” Katarina replied with a scowl, “Ken, we should probably get out of here before the cops come check us out, I’ll explain once were moving.”

“Damn… I’d think he’d be the Kaitou Geezer by now,” Kenneth laughed driving out the parking lot. 

Archived