What have I done? [Exodia Support...]

L0SS

2ugp6xu.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 1 "Exodia the Forbidden One", 1 "Right Arm of the Forbidden One", 1 "Left Arm of the Forbidden One", 1 "Right Leg of the Forbidden One", and 1 "Left Leg of the Forbidden One" from your hand or deck. There can only be 1 face-up "Malefic" monster on the field. This card cannot be destroyed, except by its own effect. Other monsters you control cannot declare an attack. If there is no face-up Field Spell Card on the field, destroy this card.

[hr]

If you want to know my thought process, it was this. Exodia is really dull to play against, and as well all know, dampens player interaction. I attempted to solve that by giving it a fun boss monster to move away from the alt win condition, and maybe fire up more support for those other Exodia cards (Necross and the like). My first card in a couple of weeks, so maybe I'm rusty. Reps for good reviews.

The fact that it has got 5000 instead of 4000 means it's waaay harder to run over, but on top of that, it cannot be destroyed ever. I cannot say I like how easy it is to get out, but I suppose that is the natrue of Malefic, but still. Now, there's a problem in your text. The fact that it says "from your hand or Deck" means that you intend for you to have them only in the hand or in the Deck, not ever both at the same time. Now, that's fine, but since you cannot have all of the cards in your hand at once without winning, I suggest changing that part to only say Deck, so it actually makes sense.

The fact that it has got 5000 instead of 4000 means it's waaay harder to run over, but on top of that, it cannot be destroyed ever. I cannot say I like how easy it is to get out, but I suppose that is the natrue of Malefic, but still. Now, there's a problem in your text. The fact that it says "from your hand or Deck" means that you intend for you to have them only in the hand or in the Deck, not ever both at the same time. Now, that's fine, but since you cannot have all of the cards in your hand at once without winning, I suggest changing that part to only say Deck, so it actually makes sense.

4000 sounds like a better idea, although I think it's actually easier to destroy a field spell by effect than it is to destroy a monster, so I didn't actually think it was an issue. An MST is all it takes. I actually meant hand and/or deck, but I wasn't sure how to phrase it. Deck only would make this dead if you drew into a single piece. I think the fact that it has five limited cards as it's summoning condition makes it pretty balanced, it terms of the condition. Any advice for rephrasing the hand/deck bit?

4000 sounds like a better idea, although I think it's actually easier to destroy a field spell by effect than it is to destroy a monster, so I didn't actually think it was an issue. An MST is all it takes. I actually meant hand and/or deck, but I wasn't sure how to phrase it. Deck only would make this dead if you drew into a single piece. I think the fact that it has five limited cards as it's summoning condition makes it pretty balanced, it terms of the condition. Any advice for rephrasing the hand/deck bit?

If you say "hand and/or Deck" it will work. But considering that you can easily put cards back into the Deck with a lot of cards, and get new cards as well, it shouldn't really matter that you might end up drawing some of the pieces. I know that a simple MST will work, but is still pretty hard to get rid off, and unlike other Malefic monsters, this has a way better effect than them.

If you say "hand and/or Deck" it will work. But considering that you can easily put cards back into the Deck with a lot of cards, and get new cards as well, it shouldn't really matter that you might end up drawing some of the pieces. I know that a simple MST will work, but is still pretty hard to get rid off, and unlike other Malefic monsters, this has a way better effect than them.

Okay, deck only sounds fine, when you put it that way. I felt like it needed a good effect, as five limited cards compared to the usual one card for a Malefic monster, seemed like a far bigger condition. When you bear in mind that Cyber End and Stardust both banish straight from the Extra deck, a more powerful effect was needed to account for the bigger outlay; at least that's what I thought. I'll change it's ATK to 4000, and then I'd consider it balanced. It needs an effect to make it worth running over Malefic Cyber End and the like. 

The only thing I dislike about it is that you added "hand" as a removal option, which directly violates the Summoning of every other Malefic that operates off the Main Deck (that being said, I understand why it is like this and do wish for it to remain as so, as I wouldn't want this card to downright suck). It limits itself, and makes for many dead draws to run it. The immunity is fine, as it could get compulsed/prisoned easily, and most likely would.

It would be fun to see this card have a win condition of its own. Like, perhaps, when it destroys a monster by battle, it could return a banished "Forbidden One" to your graveyard, and when all 5 have been put into the graveyard this way, you win the duel. It would keep up with the Exodia effects, as the all tend to carry win conditions. Also, you could make it put the banished Forbidden Ones in the graveyard after it dies period, to aid Necross. This would make for more dynamic Exodia decks, while not really changing the card all to much, as this card destroying 5 cards in battle is doubtful, and Necross being a game changer just as doubtful.

Archived