A Certain Incredible Institute [OoC/S/A]

Aix

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you guys have room for one more? I'd really like to join in on this RP, if possible. 

[spoiler=App]
"Wha…there’s a person inside this screen thing?! Science sure is amazing…"

[hr]Personal Information
[hr]
Name: Jinichirou Mizukawa (sometimes called “Jin” for short, although only by his legal guardian at the moment), known to some as the “False Omen”
Date of Birth: May 23rd
School Year: 2nd Year
[hr]
[spoiler=Appearance]
Jinichirou has a fairly non-threatening appearance. Of only moderate height and a bit on the skinny side, he looks not in the least athletic. His hairstyle never remains constant due to the fact that he always keeps whatever sort of bed hair he attained from sleeping the previous night and goes about his daily life without bothering to even attempt a combing of that mess. He most definitely does not fall under the handsome category by any means, but much to his chagrin, a number of people say he carries a “cute” air about him, giving off a “younger brother” sort of feeling. His clothing helps him stand out a great deal, as he is almost always seen wearing a pajama shirt of some sort, even when outside.
[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Personality]
Jinichirou is what could best be described as a “clueless” sort of person. He often shows the generally sleepy look of an airhead and due to his seeming capability of forgetting things mere moments after being told, many people treat him as a hopeless case. Having only recently been exposed to regular society (indeed, only within the last year and a half or so) thanks to the ways of the sect he studied under, he is extremely unfamiliar with popular culture, a good deal of everyday technology, and some more miscellaneous things (like arcades, vending machines, etc). As such, he is rather easy to mislead and trick about modern customs and how things work, often leading to hilarious (and sometimes disastrous) results. This is only made easier due to his rather naïve sort of outlook on people and a constant, subconscious desire to believe that they really only have the best at heart. Even so, the habits of years past and his own experiences have made it so that he is generally wary of other’s intentions. In addition, while he’s certainly amicable and willing to socialize, the training he received in the past more or less prevents him from really knowing how to express his emotions or even his own opinion on matters, even if they concern him personally.
[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Abilities]
A relatively skilled practitioner of Onmyoudou, Jinichirou, while not extremely powerful, is pretty versatile in his capability. The main source of his attacking and defensive capabilities stem from his use of shikigami, most of which are of the typical paper manikin variety. Using only small portions of his mana, he can bring them to life and command them. These manikin-type shikigami are capable of flying around on their own, which Jinichirou often uses in order to have them swarm on enemies. He also uses them as spies on occasion, as he can view things through them by adding an additional spell for sight. One last ability the shikigami possess is to briefly allow Jinichirou control over an animal by physically touching said animal and then having Jinichirou transfer his control over. This can be maintained for half an hour at maximum, but requires much more focus so as to retain a tight level of control and so Jinichirou can pretty much do little else if he is using this.
As of the current time, Jinichirou can use the offensive spells below via writing out the necessary symbols on a paper charm or shikigami before imbuing it with mana:
-Binding Seal: Does more or less what it says in its name, briefly immobilizing an opponent for approximately two and a half minutes at maximum. In order to bind an enemy however, the piece of paper with the symbol written upon it must be in direct contact with the target.
-Paper’s Edge: Creates a small but sharp blade of mana around the surface of the paper. This blade can only make shallow cuts at best, but is capable of clashing repeatedly with a steel object without fading. Jinichirou often uses this particular spell in conjunction with a swarm of shikigami in order to attack an enemy from all sides.
-Chaos Haven: While only needing the symbol upon one shikigami, in order to use this particular spell, Jinichirou requires a floating circle of twenty of them. Upon activation, all twenty will zoom in and stick to whatever happens to be in the middle of their “ring” while the one with the symbol written upon it will release a blast of magical energy that becomes amplified by the other shikigami, creating an explosion of sorts. Whatever the case, the blast is ultimately non-lethal but serves as a good way to end a fight without casualty.
Aside from the usual manikin type shikigami, Jinichirou can also use the power of the Four Symbols via a special shikigami in the form of an origami version of the animal a certain Symbol is based around.
-Suzaku: Perhaps the easiest of the Symbols to create (needing only an red origami crane), when used, the crane adopts the spiritual form of the Vermillion Bird, complete with flaming aura. The spiritual body of Suzaku will only last a maximum of three minutes and its flames gradually weaken in power about every 30 seconds or so after its initial summoning. Furthermore, extensive use of its flames also accelerate the rate at which the spiritual form deteriorates, thus making Suzaku most powerful within the first few strikes and often due to it being used in an attempt at a one-shot kill.
-Genbu: Needing an origami turtle of black paper to form, this shikigami takes on the form of the Black Tortoise. While it can be offensive in nature, particularly with the serpent that serves as Genbu’s tail, Jinichirou generally uses its spiritual form as a shield due to the extremely hard shell and the defensive capabilities it offers. Similar to Suzaku though, its power grows weaker as it approaches the three minute time limit and accordingly, its shell becomes increasingly brittle. If the shell shatters, Genbu reverts to its origami form, regardless of whether time is up.
---
While Jinichiou does possess the capability to summon Byakko and Seiryu, the last two of the Four Symbols, he has yet to actually maintain control of them once used and so has to rely on Suzaku and Genbu alone until he gains the wherewithal to do so. And without Byakko and Seiryu, he has no chance of even hoping to use the fifth legendary beast, Koryu.
Due to his shikigami being made of paper, unless they are strengthened via “Paper’s Edge”, they are extremely vulnerable to…well, pretty much anything. Thus, Jinichirou has to rely on using whole swarms of them at a time to prevent his attacks from easily being torn aside. Jinichirou himself has two tonfa he is willing to use should the need arise and his shikigami prove ineffective. However, while he is physically sound, he cannot hope to keep up with truly skilled individuals in actual melee combat.

[/spoiler]
[hr]
[spoiler=Other Info]
-His surname, Mizukawa, is actually that of his legal guardian, a scientist who, despite her occupation, is also fascinated by magic and has ties to the sect of Onmyoudo that Jinichirou hails from.
-His nickname, the False Omen, is derived from his unfortunate (but occasional) tendency to trip up (sometimes quite literally) exactly at the crucial moments. Several times before, he attempted to confront rather unscrupulous individuals with the intention of stopping them, only to fail spectacularly and comically.
[/spoiler]
[hr]
[/spoiler]

Accepted

Okay, give the initiator a chance to post please.  Also this next post will likely be my last for tonight, it's getting late and I'm going to be getting dinner soon.

Also, Aix, you just ignored the attack I launched at Yoshirou in my first post.

Sorry. Edited.

So.... Whatever to happened Akira and his aero-punch? 

He's on the ground, dying cuz of Blackmoore. As you said, it missed :/

I'm just piling the troubles up here. We'll move on to slice of life after this day is over.

Have fun with the Golems, note that they regenerate almost indefinitely by pulling themselves back together. You guys outside needed some attention, and voila.

Oh and reps for anyone who incorporates anyone else in their attack/double teams a golem or a controller, cuz god knows that no one ever pays attention to anyone else.

Okay, I'm just somewhat lost in the chaos here. Hollow had a plan that would involve Chronix and Dani to the fight, but I think that failed a bit. I think Dani is gonna have to deal with the golems or the inside fighting, but what's Chronix to do considering he doesn't care for either? Luckily I haven't made the post yet, so I can still include Gin's interaction, which someone can take an action to while Keto's little air beam runs at Chronix.

This was more hectic than I thought it would be.

[spoiler=Kerri Smith]

5UWQW5u.png

"Wait, what do you mean I'm not allowed?"

[hr]

Personal Information

[hr]

Name:  Kerri Smith, AKA White

Date of Birth: December 12th

School Year: Sophomore

[hr]

[spoiler=Appearance]4811a1afe371dc818095eba7426475cfc9269f17[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Personality]Kerri is a rather meek, dull student, without much personality to speak of.  She shies away from most conflict and prefers her schoolbooks over her comrades.  What she lacks in intelligence, though, she makes up with diligence, never giving up on something until she does it right.  Unfortunately for her, this critical amounts of failure have led to her actually failing a year at the institute, putting her in a lower class than most of her other 'friends'.  However, she has been progressing in the medical program, and is starting to show promise, which has made her rather happy as of late.[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Abilities]Kerri is a Level 3 Esper, and her abilities stem from her personal reality in which no one would ever hurt.  Kerri's ability as an esper allows her to deny someone from being harmed (though only after they have been harmed, called "Broken Heart"), causing their wounds to heal up.  This has relegated her to more of a support role in the school, looking into medicine and similar things.  Her abilities only apply to living things, however, and cannot act on an object.  Curiously enough, when using her own abilities on herself, she seems to get a strong boost of confidence and a 'feeling of invincibility' if using them while attempting to do something that would otherwise harm her, like busting through a barbed fence, although these feelings are only psychological and in no way, shape, or form imply that she is actually invincible.  Her abilities are compared to the 'white mage' of the old days, however as she is not a mage the populace who gives people nicknames have cut it off in favor of referring to her simply as 'white'.[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Other Information]

• Kerri is afraid of snakes.  As such, her abilities are of no use on them.
  • Kerri can eat her weight in chocolate.
  • Kerri is sometimes known to use her powers in other ways than intended on rare occasions, instead reversing already healed wounds into states of... advanced disrepair.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Kerri Smith]

5UWQW5u.png

"Wait, what do you mean I'm not allowed?"

[hr]

Personal Information

[hr]

Name:  Kerri Smith, AKA White

Date of Birth: December 12th

School Year: Sophomore

[hr]

[spoiler=Appearance]4811a1afe371dc818095eba7426475cfc9269f17[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Personality]Kerri is a rather meek, dull student, without much personality to speak of.  She shies away from most conflict and prefers her schoolbooks over her comrades.  What she lacks in intelligence, though, she makes up with diligence, never giving up on something until she does it right.  Unfortunately for her, this critical amounts of failure have led to her actually failing a year at the institute, putting her in a lower class than most of her other 'friends'.  However, she has been progressing in the medical program, and is starting to show promise, which has made her rather happy as of late.[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Abilities]Kerri is a Level 3 Esper, and her abilities stem from her personal reality in which no one would ever hurt.  Kerri's ability as an esper allows her to deny someone from being harmed (though only after they have been harmed), causing their wounds to heal up.  This has relegated her to more of a support role in the school, looking into medicine and similar things.  Her abilities only apply to living things, however, and cannot act on an object.  Curiously enough, when using her own abilities on herself, she seems to get a strong boost of confidence and a 'feeling of invincibility' if using them while attempting to do something that would otherwise harm her, like busting through a barbed fence, although these feelings are only psychological and in no way, shape, or form imply that she is actually invincible.  Her abilities are compared to the 'white mage' of the old days, however as she is not a mage the populace who gives people nicknames have cut it off in favor of referring to her simply as 'white'.[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Other Information]

• Kerri is afraid of snakes.  As such, her abilities are of no use on them.

• Kerri can eat her weight in chocolate.

• Kerri is sometimes known to use her powers in other ways than intended on rare occasions, instead reversing already healed wounds into states of... disrepair.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Accepted, you may post now.

Aix, as much as I hate it sometimes, I really do think we should implement a posting order, since we have 20+ characters roaming around, it's starting to become somewhat difficult keeping track of what to do. At least for me, since I need to reread several times to make sure I won't skip anything. I won't speak for everyone, but I don't think I'm the only one thinking this.

I won't demand it, but I'd like to have it, so posting in the future doesn't get so hectic like it is now. Probably after we finish this little ordeal.

Truthfully, I never expected to have 20+ characters in this RP with 17 RPers in this RP.

Aix, as much as I hate it sometimes, I really do think we should implement a posting order, since we have 20+ characters roaming around, it's starting to become somewhat difficult keeping track of what to do. At least for me, since I need to reread several times to make sure I won't skip anything. I won't speak for everyone, but I don't think I'm the only one thinking this.

I won't demand it, but I'd like to have it, so posting in the future doesn't get so hectic like it is now. Probably after we finish this little ordeal.

Truthfully, I never expected to have 20+ characters in this RP with 17 RPers in this RP.

I was going to tell those who can post often to slow down for those who can't, but I suppose we could have one. Or we could follow Blu's routine.

I'd say Blu's routine, I will mark some posts as GM posts, which everyone is then allowed to post again, and the only reason you are allowed to post out of routine is if you are directly replying to someone.

Hear that everyone?

Never was a fan of posting order. You literally become dependent on one person to be active. Secondly with all of these characters plots and clusters will form where one group will be separated from other groups and you won't really have to worry about what happens with some of the cast.

Though, it is troublesome as some people haven't even gotten their intro post in yet... we'll officially don Blu's routine after everyone has done their initial post and this IC day is over.

Never was a fan of posting order. You literally become dependent on one person to be active. Secondly with all of these characters plots and clusters will form where one group will be separated from other groups and you won't really have to worry about what happens with some of the cast.

Hm. So Blu's routine wouldn't work here. As far as I know, Blu has only done limited acceptance RPs...

So here's my revised Blu's Routine:

I will mark GM posts by their location. It's a split up Blu's routine, which GM post refreshes your posting ability depends on your location. For example, The Golem Battlefront GM posts would allow everyone outside the stadium to post again, where as the Duel Stadium GM posts would allow Keto, Gin and people to post again. Shifting locations is not a problem, it will work out even if you change locations, you simply start following that location's GM post from there on. How's that?

Archived