A Certain Incredible Institute [OoC/S/A]

Aix

• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sena and Cheria interaction post, posted. I assume since it's just a normal interaction and our standing didn't even move much, we can still post 1 more interaction post to one another to move our current standing, right?

Yeah

Erm, Jolta...the thing I said earlier about a stick was a joke. Sam's actually charging the thingies (too lazy to look at their name), whilst having his body turned to wood using his ability. The "stick" is actually his arm...he didn't throw anything. Sorry for the confusion, but yeah.

I've got on a bit late to tell you that, given that you've already posted twice...I suppose nothing much needs to be changed (the first part could just be them repelling/ignoring Sam. He can't do much to them anyway, and its pointless now that Yoshirou and William left)

Hm... Since everyone's so busy, and Franz is pretty much oblivious to the recent happenings, can he just go solo for the moment bashing and freezing golems? Anyone's free to interact, lets say he does not know bout the hooded guys, coz he really doesnt O_O

New app, just so I can have a second character.

7iGVCv0.png

"Silence is golden, and I'm Midas." - Justice Smith, Silence Extraordinaire

[hr]

Name:  Justice Smith

Alias:  Silencer

Date of Birth:  December 12th

School Year:  3rd Year (Junior)

[hr]

[spoiler=Appearance]9d75de8926506fbf5b12326e1c866f4bacab158e[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Personality]

Justice is as overprotective of an 'older' sister as an overprotective sister can get.  Although fraternal twins with her, Justice is the far more mature of the two, often leading into whatever they may be going into.  She's very serious about her schoolwork and aces every single class, if only to make up for what her sister can't do.  She's a very good mentor and loves to teach, and she someday hopes to become a schoolteacher at the institute, but with her sister holding her back at every turn, will she keep her steady grades up?  "Of course I can," she'd say with a slight grin on her face.  "Kerri's been nothing but emotional support to me.  She's the reason I try so hard."

She's very morally driven, given her name, but when it comes to protecting Kerri, she can get rather drastic.

[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Abilities]

Like her sister, Kerri, Justice is an Esper, albeit a slightly higher one at Level 4.  Justice's ability is called Dead Silence.  This is a form of audiokinesis that allows her to amplify or deamplify sound waves created by her and any objects around her, creating a small 'pocket' of sound wherever the sound originated from.  This allows her complete control of all sound around her position.  She can change tone, frequency, or even erase the sound as a whole.  For example, when she screams, she can build up a sound pocket in her throat and fire it off as sort of a projectile, breaking whenever it hits something that absorbs or redirects sound.    The applications of this are various;  she can create a pocket of sound from her gun whenever it fires, silencing the gun itself while still maintaining the practical usage of it.  Then she can release the pocket of sound from the gun, propelling it towards her target location with its frequency amplified.  At lower frequencies, the pockets seem to distort the air as they move, causing a heat wave effect in the direction they were fired, giving off sort of a trail.  They also move slower at lower frequencies, although on contact with something, the resulting sound wave can heavily damage internal organs, rupturing them.  She can dissipate sound waves simply by making the frequency too high for humans to hear and releasing it, eliminating noise.  There are many applications for this skill.

• Though creating sound pockets takes no energy and comes naturally to Justice, amplifying the frequency of sound to lower areas does not and takes a heavy toll on Justice's energy.  Three low frequency changes in rapid succession is all she can handle for a day.  If spaced out, she may be able to manage a fourth one.
  • While walking, it's entirely possible for Justice to contain her sounds in sound pockets, and redirecting them to another place and releasing them, creating the illusion that she appears somewhere where she isn't.
  • Just like what was described above, she can speak and redirect that to another place.

[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Other Information]

• Justice cannot for the life of her bring herself to eat any sort of fish.
  • Justice is Kerri's fraternal twin.  The only real resemblance between the two is the blue hair.
  • Justice secretly aspires to be a part of Judgment but finds it too tedious to join, so she simply goes about delivering her own 'justice' to rogue mages and students herself.  This has earned her a slight following as her alias, the Silencer.
  • Justice loves putting on a good show, and absolutely adores the spotlight.
  • Justice cannot sing.  She is always off-key, though she asserts that she's the most fabulous singer of all time.  The ratings her band get, Silence at Midnight, says otherwise.

[/spoiler]

New app, just so I can have a second character.

7iGVCv0.png

"Let's level the playing field!" - Justice Smith, Silence Extraordinaire

[hr]

Name:  Justice Smith

Alias:  Silencer

Date of Birth:  December 12th

School Year:  3rd Year (Junior)

[hr]

[spoiler=Appearance]9d75de8926506fbf5b12326e1c866f4bacab158e[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Personality]

Justice is as overprotective of an 'older' sister as an overprotective sister can get.  Although fraternal twins with her, Justice is the far more mature of the two, often leading into whatever they may be going into.  She's very serious about her schoolwork and aces every single class, if only to make up for what her sister can't do.  She's a very good mentor and loves to teach, and she someday hopes to become a schoolteacher at the institute, but with her sister holding her back at every turn, will she keep her steady grades up?  "Of course I can," she'd say with a slight grin on her face.  "Kerri's been nothing but emotional support to me.  She's the reason I try so hard."

[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Abilities]

Like her sister, Kerri, Justice is an Esper, albeit a slightly higher one at Level 4.  Justice's ability is called Silence. Using her abilities, Justice is able to turn one person into a normal human being for a short amount of time, stripping them of all power they would gain through supernatural means.  The effect this has on others is amplified against Mages, and is weaker against Espers.  When she has silenced someone, which she does by looking into someone's eyes, her own powers are amplified.  These powers can be used even while someone is not silenced, although at lower power.

• Her powers are derived from simply causing the opponent to forget how to activate their powers for a short amount of time.  This is done through 'Knowledge Manipulation';  she can simply cause someone to believe something they wouldn't otherwise simply by staring them into the eye.  The epitome of the power is erasing one's memories completely or overwriting them, but due to her training in temporarily cutting off someone's knowledge of magic, she has neglected to have been taught this skill and thus doesn't use it.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Once she has marked someone by looking into their eyes, she can, against weaker-willed opponents, manipulate their muscles to a small extent, causing them to drop their weapon or fall to the ground, or even possibly fall asleep.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Justice, against what most adults tell her, carries around a gun (.357 Revolver), to aid her when her powers cannot.
  •  
  •  
  •  

[/spoiler]

[hr]

[spoiler=Other Information]

• Justice cannot for the life of her bring herself to eat any sort of fish.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Justice is Kerri's fraternal twin.  The only real resemblance between the two is the blue hair.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Justice secretly aspires to be a part of Judgment but finds it too tedious to join, so she simply goes about delivering her own 'justice' to rogue mages and students herself.  This has earned her a slight following as her alias, the Silencer.
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Justice loves putting on a good show, and absolutely adores the spotlight.
  •  
  •  
  •  

[/spoiler]

I'd rather not have that kind of ability in this RP. Negation is also outside of the realms of both magic and esper ability.

Hmm... Missed way too much... Damn school and activities, I dont think my char is gonna attend school today just gonna post on the IC on what he's doing as to why he isnt in school. Its really hard to catch up with all the madness happening now -,-

Nice app, question though, what about abilities that act passively? (A.K.A Cheria's) are they affected? As Justice's power relies on manipulating the enemy's memory to make them forget to how to use their powers.

It would, in essence, cause the brain to forget the ability ever existed, but it'd still be there. Confused, maybe, but there.

I'd rather not have that kind of ability in this RP.

Noted.  I'll change her powers, then.  Thank you.  ^ .^

Archived