Harpie Lady Phoenix Formation

HarpieLadyPhoenixFormation-JP-Anime-DM.p

Anime Effect

Activate only if you control a face-up "Harpie Lady". Destroy monsters your opponent controls, up to the number of "Harpie Lady" monsters you control. Then, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the total ATK of the destroyed monster(s). You cannot conduct your Battle Phase during the turn you activate this card. You can only activate 1 "Harpie Lady Phoenix Formation" per turn.

Confirmed for actual release.

http://www.konami.com/yugioh/articles/?p=5191

What.

So I'm definitely mildly interested by the idea of the Collection. But I'm not sure if that was the best theme to go with. I am interested in what the RL release of those cards will be like, but Card of Last Will was definitely broken if I remember correctly, so I'm not surprised they're making it an illegal card.

As for Phoenix Formation, it'll get nerfed. It was ridiculously powerful in the anime, ignoring the fact each time it was used it destroyed like...6 monsters. The burn damage is too much considering how well Harpies can swarm, and it's a "Harpie" card, making it searchable with Hysterical Sign.

Blue Flame Swordsman can be really cool depending on what they do with it.

If it was something like...

"If this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 "Flame Swordsman" from your Extra Deck. Each player can only activate the effect of "Blue Flame Swordsman" once per duel"

It'd be really cool for Synchro Shenanigans and not broken at all because it's a single floater into an 1800 vanilla. 

Calling it now Legendary Collection 5 will either be Kaiba's world or the 5Ds one. (I'm leaning towards Kaiba's World tbh)

OT: At first I was surprised that we're getting this if at all, but I'm not surprised as much now given that we got Harpie support in LTGY. I think that the burn effect will get nerfed or removed completely. I reckon it'll be the former because there's already a battle restriction on the card already.

I agree that the burn will probably be fixed at 500 per monster or something (if they don't remove the burn effect entirely).  Still it's neat to see that they're releasing more of the anime cards.  Maybe someday they'll actually give other themes like Crystal Beasts the anime support they're missing (especially Golden Rule). 

Archived