Butterfly Winged Archetype [Reps for reviews]

♥Kisumi-nee

Hello everyone! This is my 2nd archetype so far, it focuses on Deck reveals and some self-mill. Hope you like it. 

I accept criticism (Negative or Positive)

[spoiler= Monsters]

246538.jpg

As long as this card remains in face-up Attack Position: This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, you can reveal the top 3 cards of your deck, if a "Butterfly Winged"monster was revealed by this effect: You can send 1 "Butterfly Winged" monsterrevealed by this effectto the graveyard and if you do, your opponent randomly discards 1 card then shuffle the deck afterwards.

246554.jpg

As long as this card remains in face-up Attack Position: This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, you can reveal the top 3 cards of your deck, if a "Butterfly Winged"monster was revealed by this effect: You can send 1 "Butterfly Winged" monster that was revealed by this card's effect to the graveyard and if you do, destroy 1Spell/Trap card your opponent controls then shuffle the deck afterwards.

246557.jpg
As long as this card remains in face-up Attack Position: This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, you can reveal the top 3 cards of your deck, if a "Butterfly Winged"monster was revealed by this effect: You can send 1 "Butterfly Winged" monster that was revealed by this card's effect to the graveyard and if you do, draw 1 card then shuffle the deck afterwards.

246545.jpg
As long as this card remains in face-up Attack Position: This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is sent from the deck to the graveyard by the effectof a "Butterfly Winged"monster you control:You can Special Summon this card in Attack Position then add 1 "Butterfly Winged" monster from your deck to your hand.

246544.jpg
As long as this remains in face-up Attack Position: This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is sent from the deck to the graveyard by the effect of a "Butterfly Winged" monster you control: You can Special Summon this card in Attack Position then add 1 "Butterfly winged" monster from your graveyard to your hand.

246540.jpg

As long as this card remains in face-up Attack Position: This card cannot be destroyed by battle. If this card is sent from the deck to the graveyard by the effect of a "Butterfly Winged" monster you control: You can Special Summon this card in Attack Position then add 1 "Forest of the winged ones" or "Cave of the Winged Ones" from your deck to your hand.
246535.jpg
As long as this card remains in face-up Attack Position: This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, you can reveal the top 3 cards of your deck, if a "Butterfly Winged"monster was revealed by this effect: Special Summon it in Attack Position then shuffle your deck. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase the turn you activate this effect.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Spells]

246563.jpg

You do not take any Battle Damage from any battle involving a "Butterfly Winged"monster you control. If this card would be destroyed by a cardeffect, you can tribute 1 "Butterfly Winged"monster you control instead.

246558.jpg

Shuffle your deck then select 1 "Butterfly Winged" monster from your deck and place it on top of your deck.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler= Traps]

246573.jpg

Activate only if an opponent's monster an attack targeting a "Butterfly Winged"monster you control. Shuffle back the attacking monster to its owner's deck.

[/spoiler]

NOTE: I will add more cards (Spells, Traps, Xyz and Synchro) tomorrow.

Happy viewing btw.

i looked through all the cards and i have to say i really liked your deck! the idea remind me a deck from cardfight vanguard called oracle think tank, which some of it's cards reveal the top deck cards and summon the right cards if they were revealed. but still there are more to it, although the deck isn't completed. 

notes:

midiry's effect to randomly discard might be too strong, depend on the bosses this deck can bring.

the cave is really nice, and since the deck don't have any effect protection then it is a fair move.

i really liked wing although shuffling at first looks meaningless 

FIx the text of some of them. like add "add the reveald cards remain to the deck and shuffle it."  also the trap text need to be fixed, is it working also when effect is targeting?

i looked through all the cards and i have to say i really liked your deck! the idea remind me a deck from cardfight vanguard called oracle think tank, which some of it's cards reveal the top deck cards and summon the right cards if they were revealed. but still there are more to it, although the deck isn't completed. 

notes:

midiry's effect to randomly discard might be too strong, depend on the bosses this deck can bring.

the cave is really nice, and since the deck don't have any effect protection then it is a fair move.

i really liked wing although shuffling at first looks meaningless 

FIx the text of some of them. like add "add the reveald cards remain to the deck and shuffle it."  also the trap text need to be fixed, is it working also when effect is targeting?

First of all, thanks for the review! I thought this archetype wouldn't get much attention unlike my Marionette Archetype.

-RESPONSES-

• Winged Replacement- I actually preffered to have my deck shuffled before activating it's effect. (It felt right for me for some reason) but I will take this in consideration and I might change it.
  • Winged Escape- I actually noticed a mistake on the Lore. It should be "Activate only when an opponent's monster declares an attack targeting a "Butterfly Winged" monster you control. Negate the attack and shuffle the attacking monster back to its owner's deck.
  • Expect more cards to be posted tomorrow or the day after that. I can expect a review from you again, yes?
  • Sent rep.

Thanks again!

actually i dont see the use of the trap cause the field and monsters effects will make him just not attack. it's like people dont attack blue-eyes maiden o: and yes i'm sure to look it up

Ohhh! I see your point. TBH, when making that card I was like "I need some sort of back-up until cave is activated" and just made that card. Hahaha, I actually made that card quite some time ago and by reading your comment, I'm quite thinking of changing it entirely. 

Again, thanks for the comment!

looks problematic to me cause your plays will give you at least 1600 direct power a turn, also your hurting your opp or getting resources by your plays so i see a consistent 1600 damage almost each turn, with the only way to go past them with effects which might be really hard. maybe if each had 500 attack. you do need to find a way to win, the effects go through but they don't give you the duel, so something like attacking directly with a deck of such small dependable cards seems in context, the question might be if 1600 is not too much

looks problematic to me cause your plays will give you at least 1600 direct power a turn, also your hurting your opp or getting resources by your plays so i see a consistent 1600 damage almost each turn, with the only way to go past them with effects which might be really hard. maybe if each had 500 attack. you do need to find a way to win, the effects go through but they don't give you the duel, so something like attacking directly with a deck of such small dependable cards seems in context, the question might be if 1600 is not too much

How about if the monsters attack directly with the effect of "Forest of the Winged Ones" only cause HALF of the monster's attack. That good enough?

For all the butterflies with names ending in -chi, it should be worded as "If this card is revealed by the effect of a "Butterfly Winged" monster". I dislike the -chi monsters because card advantage-wise, they'd be a +2 considering that they aren't played from the hand, I'd make it so that you have to discard or something afterwards or make the adding to the hand happen during the End Phase.

Cave of the Winged Ones isn't necessary and not something I would run. It's not really worth protecting. Maybe if it protected your Butterfly Winged monsters from card effects instead or as well, then would be worth it. Otherwise, I wouldn't run it to maintain a high "Butterfly Winged" content in the Deck.

I personally feel Winged Replacement doesn't do enough. Give it another minor effect, maybe changing the battle position of an opponent's monster or something, that would make it more like a Quick-Play Spell. Or make it shuffle a card in your hand into the Deck and drawing a card before placing the card on top your Deck, as the -chi butterflies are dead (useless) in the hand.

Winged Escape is outclassed by Dimensional Prison.

For all the butterflies with names ending in -chi, it should be worded as "If this card is revealed by the effect of a "Butterfly Winged" monster". I dislike the -chi monsters because card advantage-wise, they'd be a +2 considering that they aren't played from the hand, I'd make it so that you have to discard or something afterwards or make the adding to the hand happen during the End Phase.

Cave of the Winged Ones isn't necessary and not something I would run. It's not really worth protecting. Maybe if it protected your Butterfly Winged monsters from card effects instead or as well, then would be worth it. Otherwise, I wouldn't run it to maintain a high "Butterfly Winged" content in the Deck.

I personally feel Winged Replacement doesn't do enough. Give it another minor effect, maybe changing the battle position of an opponent's monster or something, that would make it more like a Quick-Play Spell. Or make it shuffle a card in your hand into the Deck and drawing a card before placing the card on top your Deck, as the -chi butterflies are dead (useless) in the hand.

Winged Escape is outclassed by Dimensional Prison.

1. I made it "when sent from the deck to the graveyard" specifically because of the -ri monsters' eff activate when a BW monster is revealed and sent to the graveyard. Is it still wrong cause it's my 1st time making a reveal deck style card(s), I'd do the adding to the hand during the End Phase instead as well, that good enough?
  2. I'm actually worried as the BW monsters have low ATK and won't be able to do anything at all but I kind of taking the effect invulnerability in consideration.
  3. I actually like your suggestion (The shuffling back 1 card from the hand) cause I do agree that the -chi monsters are useless in the hand.
  4. I agree, but I made it this way to avoid monsters that benefits from the banished zone... I'm considering things for this card..

Thanks for the review!

Archived