Sub-Zero Hyena of the Ice Barrier

yQDFrZa.jpg

When this card is Normal Summoned: You can send 1 face-up Spell Card you control to the Graveyard; Set 1 "Ice Barrier" Spell/Trap card directly from your Deck. All face-up "Ice Barrier" monsters you control gain 100 ATK.

So here's a card I was making as a standard Ice Barrier card, then realised I'd made it a Beast-Warrior (ie Tenki target). I shifted the focus of the card slightly as a result - I guess to encourage a sort of Fire Fist Ice Barrier hybrid which combines Tenki, Tensu and Medallion for some really quick plays and strong deck thinning. I love how it turned out. Oh, and say Fire Fist Ice Barrier became a thing - we can finally use Frost and Flame Dragon in something!

I am really impressed with the simplicity yet the effectiveness of the card. In a regular Ice Barrier.dec, I'm not entirely sure what he'd destroy, but it would be a fun thing to experiment with a IB/FF hybrid Deck (though Frost and Flame would still suck, sadly). Not too much to say about the card or criticise, you did a really good job of hitting it on the nail. Perhaps the last effect could boost 200, but I figure it is a relation to how Fire Formations boost BWs.

Archived