Good day to you! This one is all about, well, a lot of things actually. Don't get scared away from the length of the effects, they all pretty much have the same structure (besides from Jester, who has an extra effect attached unto it). Their gimmick is that they Summon and get to activate an effect which can boost them to more easily do Piercing damage, which activates their effects. Along with that, you want to try to get out the Synchro as well, and boost that up using the Spells, as the Spells shuffle the monsters into the Deck to gain a certain part of their effects. It's an interesting playstyle I feel, but of course it's up to you to decide if you it's to your liking or not. Oh, and naming and such this time around, well actually I got none this time, I just like Atlasian. I do however have 2 other gimmicks, 1 is that all monsters have the same ATK and DEF, the other being that all non-Tuner non Synchro monsters are EARTH, where the former is DARK.

Main Deck Monsters

[spoiler=Swordsman]

AtlasianSwordsman.png

Negate the effects of a monster this flipped face-up by an attack. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent. “Atlasian” monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle by a non-Synchro Monster with a Level. If this card is Summoned: You can have all “Atlasian” monsters you control gain 500 ATK until the End Phase of your opponent’s next turn. When this card inflicts piercing Battle Damage to your opponent: You can draw 1 card and reveal it; if it is an “Atlasian” monster, either Special Summon it, have 1 monster you control gain ATK equal to half the revealed mosnter’s ATK, or change the batle position of 1 monster on the field. You can only Special Summon 1 “Atlasian” monster this way per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Jester]

AtlasianJester.png

Negate the effects of a monster this flipped face-up by an attack. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent. “Atlasian” monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle by a Synchro Monster. If this card is Summoned: You can target 1 “Atlasian” monster in your Graveyard; add that target to your hand. You can only add 1 “Atlasian” monster to your hand this way per turn. When this card inflicts piercing Battle Damage to your opponent: You can add 1 “Atlasian” Spell Card from your Deck to your hand. If this card is added from your Deck to your hand by an “Atlasian” monster: You can reveal this card in your hand to target 1 “Atlasian” monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target, then you can change the battle position of 1 monster on the field to face-down Defense Position. You cannot Synchro Summon for the rest of the turn, except for the Synchro Summon of an "Atlasian" monster.  During either player’s turn, at the start of the Damage Step: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to target 1 ”Atlasian” monster you control; it gains 1200 ATK until the End Phase.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Horserider]

AtlasianHorserider.png

Negate the effects of a monster this flipped face-up by an attack. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent. “Atlasian” monsters cannot be destroyed by battle while the only monsters you control are “Atlasian” monsters. If this card is Summoned: You can change any number of monsters on the field to Defense Position, and if you do, they lose DEF equal to their Level/Rank x 100. When this card inflicts piercing Battle Damage to your opponent: You can target 1 “Atlasian” monster you control; that target can attack 1 addtional time during this Battle Phase on a Defense Position monster. That target cannot attack directly until this card leaves the field.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Protector]

AtlasianProtector.png

Negate the effects of a monster this flipped face-up by an attack. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent. “Atlasian” monsters cannot be destroyed by while you control a Defense Position “Atlasian” monster. If this card is Summoned: You can shuffle any number “Atlasian” monsters control, from your hand and/or Graveyard into the Deck to target the same number of monsters on the field; change those targets to face-down Defense Position.When this card inflicts piercing Battle Damage to your opponent: You can shuffle 1 “Atlasian” monster you control, except this card, from your hand or Graveyard into the Deck; Special Summon 1 “Atlasian” monsters from your Deck, but it cannot activate its effects until the end of the Battle Phase. You can only Special Summon 1 “Atlasian” monster this way per turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Trainer]

AtlasianTrainer.png

Negate the effects of a monster this flipped face-up by an attack. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent. “Atlasian” monsters cannot be destroyed by monsters with an original ATK of 2500 or more or while your opponent controls an “Atlasian Token”. If this card is Summoned: You can Special Summon up to 2 “Atlasian Tokens” (Warrior-Type/EARTH/ Level 3/1000 ATK/1000 DEF) to your opponent’s side of the field in Defense Position. When this card inflicts piercing Battle Damage to your opponent: You can reveal any number of “Atlasian” monsters in your hand; Special Summon the same amount of “Atlasian Tokens” (Warrior-Type/EARTH/ Level 3/1000 ATK/1000 DEF) to your opponent’s side of the field in Defense Position, then 1 “Atlasian” monster you control gains 100 ATK and DEF for each Token on the field until the end of your opponnet’s next turn. You can only Special Summon “Atlasian Tokens” this way twice per turn.”

[/spoiler]

Spell Cards

[spoiler=Of Power And Struggle]

AtlasianofPowerandStruggle-1.png

You can only activate 1 "Atlasian of Power and Struggle" per turn. Target 1 "Atlasian" monster you control; shuffle any number of "Atlasian" monsters from your Graveyard into your Deck with different names, then that target gains the same effects of those monsters who state "When this card inflicts piercing Battle Damage to your opponent: You can...”. If 1 of those effects were activated, no other of the effects gained by this card can be activated by that target that turn.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Of Power And Protection]

AtlasianofPowerandProtection.png

You can only activate 1 "Atlasian of Power and Protection” per turn. Target 1 "Atlasian" monster you control; shuffle any number of "Atlasian" monsters from your Graveyard into your Deck with different names, then that target gains the same effects of those monsters who state "“Atlasian” monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle...”.

[/spoiler]

Extra Deck Monsters

[spoiler=Dark Gainer]

AtlasianDarkGainer.png

1 “Atlasian Jester” + 1 or more non-Tuner EARTH Warrior-Type monsters.
Negate the effects of a monster this flipped face-up by an attack. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent. “Atlasian” monsters cannot be destroyed by battle by Xyz Monsters. Cannot attack directly while you control another “Atlasian” monster. If this card is Summoned: You can have all monsters on the field gain 500 ATK and lose 500 DEF, then you can change the battle position any number of monsters on the field. When this card inflicts piercing Battle Damage to your opponent: You can add 1 “Atlasian” monster from your Deck to your hand.  You can only add 2 “Atlasian” monsters to your hand this way per turn. You can only control 1 “Atlasian Dark Gainer”.

[/spoiler]

Not sure what happened to the first part of Knight's effect. Is it just saying non-Synchro, non-Xyz Monsters? That sounds better. ^^ Dunno what the OCG is on that though. And he does a lot after just one attack! But I'd say that's counterbalanced by that unsure 1500 ATK.

Ooo, Joker has a mighty mouthful of effects going on there! I'm not too fond of the recycling effect. I can see that his Special Summoning effect can be used when he is added to the hand by the effect of Knight, but that is a tad bit inconsistent. Joker  can easily be made into two cards - one card which adds Atlasian monsters from the Graveyard to the hand and which has the Spell searching effect, and another card which has the Honest-esque effect as well as the "Special Summon from the Graveyard" effect.

I know that might screw up the mini-layers of defense that each monster provides. But maybe in creating a fifth card from the reservoir of effects that you have going, you could grant such a fifth card with the defense layer of: ""Atlasian" monsters cannot be destroyed by battle with an Xyz Monster," since I don't think that Dark Gainer is in need of a layer of protection to offer. And Horserider who for some reason covers all monster sub-types when only Atlasian monsters are controlled, should only cover destruction effects, in my opinion. So, anyways, a final effect for a fifth monster would look something like:

"Negate the effects of monsters flipped face-up during battle with this card. If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent.“Atlasian” monsters cannot be destroyed by battle with Xyz Monsters. When this card inflicts piercing Battle Damage to your opponent: Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Atlasian" monster from your Graveyard. It cannot attack this turn. During either player’s turn, at the start of the Damage Step: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to target 1 ”Atlasian” monster you control; it gains 1200 ATK until the End Phase."

And then you would just subtract the effects that are duplicates of the ones listed on the above card effect from the existing cards. That would just be to expand the archetype and steer clear of overwhelming each monster with too many effects.

I'm a really big fan of the Spells and Synchro Monster, save the aforementioned defense layer that I feel belongs somewhere else. The Spells provide sophisticated options instead of "i banish ur card n u lose life point n i get atk lol u so jelly" effects. I also love how Dark Gainer "completes" (or greatly enhances) the flow of the series, really setting up for effects that activate when piercing Battle Damage is inflicted. Very nice archetype. I'd love to see a bit of expansion. c:

• 1 year later...

Archived