[OCG] September 2013 Banlist.

Newly Forbidden:
Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks (炎征竜-バーナー)
Lightning, Dragon Ruler of Drafts (風征竜-ライトニング)
Reactan, Dragon Ruler of Pebbles (地征竜-リアクタン)
Stream, Dragon Ruler of Droplets (水征竜-ストリーム)
Spellbook of Judgment (魔導書の神判)

Newly Limited:
Brotherhood of the Fire Fist – Rooster (立炎星-トウケイ)
Genex Ally Birdman (A・ジェネクス・バードマン)
Mermail Abyssteus (水精鱗-ディニクアビス)
Wind-Up Shark (ゼンマイシャーク)
Trishula, Dragon of the Ice Barrier (氷結界の龍 トリシューラ)
Number 11: Big Eye (No.11 ビッグ・アイ)
Divine Wind of Mist Valley (霞の谷の神風)
Super Rejuvenation (超再生能力)
Abyss-sphere (アビスフィアー)

Newly Semi-Limited:
Gladiator Beast Bestiari (剣闘獣ベストロウリィ)
Gorz the Emissary of Darkness (冥府の使者ゴーズ)
Neo-Spacian Grand Mole (N・グラン・モール)
Black Whirlwind (黒い旋風)
Fire Formation - Tenki
Chaos Sorcerer

Newly Unlimited:
Tsukuyomi (月読命)
Wind-Up Magician (ゼンマイマジシャン)
Advanced Ritual Art (高等儀式術)
E – Emergency Call (E-エマージェンシーコール)
Pot of Duality (強欲で謙虚な壺)
Scapegoat (スケープ・ゴート)
Mirror Force (聖なるバリア-ミラーフォース-)
Reasoning

September 2013 confirmed banlist, give or take a few things like Diva iirc.

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I agree with your forbidden list, I honestly can't see Ophion being limited.  He's more of a niche boss monster for a deck concept that barely has any synergy.  I really wouldn't like to see Secrets limited, since hitting Judgment would be enough for Spellbooks imo.  Other than that, I agree with everything else on the list.  I would also like to add:

Semi-Limited

Skill Drain (Might seem like a personal preference card, but this card shouldn't exist @3.  It provides many crippling effects to Decks that rely on monster effects on the field, while the effects of the deck that uses it are benign/beneficiary.)

Reckless Greed (It's a +1 that causes you to lose 2 draw phases.  Normally, wouldn't be a problem (unless if you open up into more ways to go through your deck faster), but it gets stupid when it is used in multiples since you still only lose 2 draw phases while being a +2+.  Semi-limiting this card would be a smart move.)

My ideal banlist you say, not the one I expect. Well then it would probably look like this for me:

Banned:

Honest (Doesn't really need to be a thing in my book, it is just overkill, and Decks shouldn't just splash it cause they can)

Number 16: Shock Master (I think not a lot needs to be said, locks down many many Decks, and isn't even that hurtful to yourself most of the time, I would just like to see this go so other 3-mat Rank 4s could see the light of day more)

Skill Drain (I dislike you. End of story. But really, I dislike this card a lot, just playing it messes up everything. I just dislike this card okay?!)

Number 11: Big Eye (Can maybe stay if others go, but still, it is pretty cheap as it stands)

Limited:

Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack (I like Mecha Phantoms, but other Decks seem to use this more, so while they need to keep their boss, other Decks shouldn't be able to abuse it in my opinion)

Thunder King Rai-Oh (I have always disliked this card. It isn't bad enough to ban, though I still dislike it enough for myself to have to put it at 1. It can possibly stay at 2 if we get rid of other problem cards and get more inherrent Special Summons again)

Semi-Limited

Wind-Up Magician (Now, I don't know that much about Deck, but I don't really think that it deserves to be at 1)

Unlimited:
Pot of Duality (This card really doesn't deserve the spot it has, the condition is fine as it is, and it takes a lot of skill. More and more Decks Special Summon, this isn't even useful is many Decks unless they can handle it)

Torrential Tribute (Honestly, I see no reason for a 2 on this one, I would never think of putting 3 of this guy in, and I would like Archfiends to have more things to use)

EDIT: Of course, what Koko and others have said I agree on, besides the things I changed of course, I should have mentioned that, and now we have all of the shit below.

EDIT 2: It seems that I misunderstood. It wasn't what I wished for, but what would be the most ideal for the banlist to come (which makes sense, I just am a dumb).

My ideal banlist you say, not the one I expect. Well then it would probably look like this for me:

Banned:
Honest (Doesn't really need to be a thing in my book, it is just overkill, and Decks shouldn't just splash it cause they can)
Number 16: Shock Master (I think not a lot needs to be said, locks down many many Decks, and isn't even that hurtful to yourself most of the time, I would just like to see this go so other 3-mat Rank 4s could see the light of day more)
Skill Drain (I dislike you. End of story. But really, I dislike this card a lot, just playing it messes up everything. I just dislike this card okay?!)

Limited:
Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack (I like Mecha Phantoms, but other Decks seem to use this more, so while they need to keep their boss, other Decks shouldn't be able to abuse it in my opinion)
Thunder King Rai-Oh (I have always disliked this card. It isn't bad enough to ban, though I still dislike it enough for myself to have to put it at 1. It can possibly stay at 2 if we get rid of other problem cards and get more inherrent Special Summons again)

Semi-Limited
Wind-Up Magician (Now, I don't know that much about Deck, but I don't really think that it deserves to be at 1)

Unlimited:
Pot of Duality (This card really doesn't deserve the spot it has, the condition is fine as it is, and it takes a lot of skill. More and more Decks Special Summon, this isn't even useful is many Decks unless they can handle it)
Torrential Tribute (Honestly, I see no reason for a 2 on this one, I would never think of putting 3 of this guy in, and I would like Archfiends to have more things to use)

Sv9Uys3.png

Have fun with your format!

I didn't mention what I thought was obvious, such as the dragons and what not.

The placements on the Dragons are subjective. This is to promote discussion on what we think will happen, not what we want to. Therefore, leaving them out means you did not touch them. Every placement should be acknowledged.

Banned:

Limited:

Wind-up Carrier Zenmaity (While even I admit that this card is OP in a lot of ways, Wind-ups as a whole are weakened horribly without at least one of them in it)

[b]Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier[/b] (TBH, this is just one of my favorite cards to date. I know the effect is broke, but I miss being able to run him without people complaining.)

Semi-Limited

Unlimited:

Pretty much agree completely with this but for the few cards I added. Can't think of anything I want banned of the top of my head, but there's probably something there.

"Only one post for your ideal banlist."

So not what you said in the first post?

Considering how it's titled "September 2013 banlist", yes. Your ideal September 2013 banlist. Leaving out the top decks means you didn't hit them. It's really that simple.

Considering how it's titled "September 2013 banlist", yes. Your ideal September 2013 banlist. Leaving out the top decks means you didn't hit them. It's really that simple.

I should probably go back and re-edit mine actually. Just realized there're a lot of things I thought would be banned that I missed. Sorry for that ^^"

Why is Excellus excluded from this then?

You already mentioned those, repeating myself would be unneeded.

I should probably go back and re-edit mine actually. Just realized there're a lot of things I thought would be banned that I missed. Sorry for that ^^"

It's honestly fine, I just thought people would have gotten the message from the opening post. >:

Because he made an actual smart hit on semi-limiting Reckless. He then said that his banlist was an expansion on mine, which I was fine with.

I would also like to add:

vs

Thing is, what should actually happen to the banlist and what actually will happen to the banlist is a very very different thing.

Maybe I misinterpreted what Koko meant with "your ideal banlist". For me, that would mean what I would like to see. I guess that is not what the word means?

Maybe I misinterpreted what Koko meant with "your ideal banlist". For me, that would mean what I would like to see. I guess that is not what the word means?

Ideal September 2013 banlist. i.e What you think the best September 2013 banlist will be. Ideal meaning best suited, meaning the best way to deal with the format's problems.

Ideal September 2013 banlist. i.e What you think the best September 2013 banlist will be. Ideal meaning best suited, meaning the best way to deal with the format's problems.

Then I did. Then more than half of what I said should be removed, as those are my own dislikes rather then what should be changed. Sorry for misunderstanding.

I may as well get mine out of the way with and laughed at. It's also me being reasonable and not doing an Agro:

Forbidden:

Spellbook of Judgment. (Obvious hit is obvious, and it returns books the the tier 2 deck they should be. I have a nagging feeling Konami won't do this, and will go at it via the hitting Secrets and Magician route. When this does the same thing as those hits, yet leaves the other varients of the decks intact).

Super Rejuvination: (Again, I assumed this was obvious, but this has been proven to be a problem, and it removes the Dragons draw power, which is one of the worse things about the deck. Aside from the whole we are one of the most degenerate decks in history).

EEV: (This one people may not agree with, but given how widely used it is this format, how many decks have a generic target for it, and that Spells and Traps will always be relivant in some form means that next format it will probably be run in more than just Dark World decks. Not to mention it sorta deserves it in a way).

Card Destruction: (Koko basically summed this up, given how it interacts with Rejuv, and the deck in general.)

Limited:

The chibi's (Burner, Rectan, Stream and Lightning): (They were the thing that really broke the deck, and given the fact the tins are coming out we can infer the Big Dragons will still be playable post September, limiting the Chibi's and banning the draw kills the decks speed and leaves it 'fair'. Not what I'd want to do, but outright banning them is unfair)

Vanities Emptyness: (Same reasons as Koko, and in part to deal with War Gods and Key Beetle decks before they dominate next format with the exception of Fire Fists)

Atlantean Dragoons: (I can see them hitting Mermils in some manner, but I can't see them banning Dragoons outright. It should be banned, but this still hurts the deck by weakening it's OTK potential.)

Madoleche Hootcake: (The deck has been sort of relivant this format, which speaks a lot for it's power as it's not a counter deck to the top two. Hootcake strikes me as the issue so having it checked in a way is a start, and keeps the deck from being semi-dominant with the top two decks gone.)

Semi-Limited:

T.G. Striker (There's no reason for it to be limited anymore, when the issue was consitent Trish plays. Given how Synchro's are being pushed lately, giving them one of the better tuners is a smart move, and this seems more likely than any of the alternatives).

Evilswarm Keyrekion: (Verz were relivant at the start of the format, and since they became more Key Beetle orientated as the format shifted, hitting just Ophion doesn't seem like the smart thing in my mind. Keyrekion is badly designed, and semi-limiting it hurts the deck, but doesn't kill it. You may ask why Sombres isn't here despite being a clone: Sacred weren't relevant this format, and if I was doing this by all I thought should've been hit it would be like an Agro list.)

Unlimited:

Thunder King Rai-Oh (It was semi'd to make Books seem better in preperation for Judgment. Books will be irrelivant by the end of this banlist, so it should move back up the list to where it belongs)

So yeah... that's my banlist. Laugh at it as you wish.

I may as well get mine out of the way with and laughed at. It's also me being reasonable and not doing an Agro:

Forbidden:

Spellbook of Judgment. (Obvious hit is obvious, and it returns books the the tier 2 deck they should be. I have a nagging feeling Konami won't do this, and will go at it via the hitting Secrets and Magician route. When this does the same thing as those hits, yet leaves the other varients of the decks intact).

Super Rejuvination: (Again, I assumed this was obvious, but this has been proven to be a problem, and it removes the Dragons draw power, which is one of the worse things about the deck. Aside from the whole we are one of the most degenerate decks in history).

EEV: (This one people may not agree with, but given how widely used it is this format, how many decks have a generic target for it, and that Spells and Traps will always be relivant in some form means that next format it will probably be run in more than just Dark World decks. Not to mention it sorta deserves it in a way).

Card Destruction: (Koko basically summed this up, given how it interacts with Rejuv, and the deck in general.)

Limited:

The chibi's (Burner, Rectan, Stream and Lightning): (They were the thing that really broke the deck, and given the fact the tins are coming out we can infer the Big Dragons will still be playable post September, limiting the Chibi's and banning the draw kills the decks speed and leaves it 'fair'. Not what I'd want to do, but outright banning them is unfair)

Vanities Emptyness: (Same reasons as Koko, and in part to deal with War Gods and Key Beetle decks before they dominate next format with the exception of Fire Fists)

Atlantean Dragoons: (I can see them hitting Mermils in some manner, but I can't see them banning Dragoons outright. It should be banned, but this still hurts the deck by weakening it's OTK potential.)

Madoleche Hootcake: (The deck has been sort of relivant this format, which speaks a lot for it's power as it's not a counter deck to the top two. Hootcake strikes me as the issue so having it checked in a way is a start, and keeps the deck from being semi-dominant with the top two decks gone.)

Semi-Limited:

T.G. Striker (There's no reason for it to be limited anymore, when the issue was consitent Trish plays. Given how Synchro's are being pushed lately, giving them one of the better tuners is a smart move, and this seems more likely than any of the alternatives).

Evilswarm Keyrekion: (Verz were relivant at the start of the format, and since they became more Key Beetle orientated as the format shifted, hitting just Ophion doesn't seem like the smart thing in my mind. Keyrekion is badly designed, and semi-limiting it hurts the deck, but doesn't kill it. You may ask why Sombres isn't here despite being a clone: Sacred weren't relevant this format, and if I was doing this by all I thought should've been hit it would be like an Agro list.)

Unlimited:

Thunder King Rai-Oh (It was semi'd to make Books seem better in preperation for Judgment. Books will be irrelivant by the end of this banlist, so it should move back up the list to where it belongs)

So yeah... that's my banlist. Laugh at it as you wish.

I agree with most, though is Hootcake the main problem with the Deck? I thought it was something else, I dunno though.

Banned: 

Card Destruction

Super Rejuvenation 

Spellbook of Judgment 

Atlantean Dragoons

Limited:

Magician of Faith

Spellbook of Secrets

Baby Dragon Rulers

Number 11: Big Eye

Number 16: Shock Master 

Rekindling OR Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Spirit 

Sangan 

Tour Guide of the Underworld 

Mermail Abyssmegalo

Semi Limited:

Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind

Scapegoat 

Unlimited:

Tsukuyomi

The Agent of Mystery - Earth

*Prepares flame shield* Here's my ideal list

Banned:
Super Rejuvenation: This has no right existing ever since the Dragon Rulers had abused the hell out of it.
Card Destruction: I think we all wanted this gone for a few formats now, but this format, it has been utterly disgusting with Dragon Rulers.
Spellbook of Judgment: Honestly this should not have been made, it has no reason to exist, lock it up and throw away the key

Limited:
Spellbook of Secrets: I can see this getting limited like many other RoTA cards before it and it'd certainly nerf Prophecies power but not cripple it.
Vanity's Emptiness: I'd rather this get hit sooner rather than later, because with Bujins it'll dominate the format.
The Chibis (Burner, Reactan, Steam and Lightning): They broke the deck and ideally I would be fine with them going to 1 especially since I don't give a Monkey's uncle about the Chibis so I think this will be the best move for the deck so Konami can still market the tins.
Ophion: In a ideal world it'd be great to see that get hit and with it @1 it'd definately invoke more thought as to when to make it, but yeah the deck would still function.
Atlantean Dragoons: I have a feeling this card will get hit at some point in September and Ideally I'd rather this go to 0 but the OTK would still be damaged with this hit anyway.

Semi-Limited:
T.G. Striker: There is no reason for it to be at 1 anymore especially since synchros are making a comeback in JOTL and I enjoyed playing T.G. Agents until this got hit.

Unlimited:
Rai-Oh: As Koko said Mistake is coming out soon and I reckon that this can go back to 3 given that the Spellbook push is more than likely over.
Tsukuyomi: I think we all established that Tsukuyomi can go back to 3 since it was limited anyway.
Agent Earth: Koko summed it up again, Agents are mediocre and I can see this coming back to 3.

Archived