The Deceivers Archetype [9 Cards]

Delibirb

The Deceivers are a small set of monsters meant to work with each-other to attempt to lockdown your opponent. Ideally, each Deceiver monster card would be limited to 1. There are also a few supporting cards to help use and recycle them, as they have minimal attack and defense. Your Thoughts? I am not sure if Deception Interjection is balanced or not.

Monster Cards

r3u9ftD.jpg

The Deceiver of Traps

DARK - Spellcaster

Level 1

ATK - 700 / DEF 1300

When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Deceiver" monster you control, negate the activation of a Trap Card. While you control another "Deceiver" monster and this card, your opponent cannot activate Trap Cards. When your opponent activates a Spell Card, you can Special Summon 1 "Deceiver" monster from your hand or Deck.

aOussYo.jpg

The Deceiver of Spells

DARK - Spellcaster

Level 2

ATK - 700 / DEF 1300

When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Deceiver" monster you control, negate the activation of a Spell Card. While you control another "Deceiver" monster and this card, your opponent cannot activate Spell Cards. When your opponent Special Summons a monster, you can Special Summon 1 "Deceiver" monster from your hand or Deck.

SQzmdkd.jpg

The Deceiver of Summons

DARK - Spellcaster

Level 3

ATK - 700 / DEF 1300

When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Deceiver" monster you control, negate the Special Summon of a monster. While you control another "Deceiver" monster and this card, your opponent cannot Special Summon. When your opponent activates a monster's Effect, you can Special Summon 1 "Deceiver" monster from your hand or Deck.

rvXVVL5.jpg

The Deceiver of Energies

DARK - Spellcaster

Level 4

ATK - 700 / DEF 1300

When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Deceiver" monster you control, negate the activation of a Monster Effect. While you control another "Deceiver" monster and this card, your opponent cannot activate Monster Effects. When your opponent adds a card to their hand outside their Draw Phase, you can Special Summon 1 "Deceiver" monster from your hand or Deck.

lfdSbt1.jpg

The Deceiver of Hunts

DARK - Spellcaster

Level 5

ATK - 700 / DEF 1300

When this card is Special Summoned by the effect of a "Deceiver" monster you control, shuffle a card(s) your opponent adeed to their hand outside their Draw Phase into their Deck. While you control another "Deceiver" monster and this card, your opponent cannot add cards to their hand outside their Draw Phase. When your opponent activates a Trap Card, you can Special Summon 1 "Deceiver" monster from your hand or Deck.

oZeE7uh.jpg

The Deceiver of Battles

DARK - Spellcaster

Level 6

ATK - 1300 / DEF 700

This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by banishing 1 "Deceiver" monster you control and sending 4 "Deceiver" monsters from your Deck to the Graveyard, and cannot be Summoned by other ways. Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 banished "Deceiver" monster; you can then banish 1 "Deceiver" monster from your Graveyard. While you control another "Deceiver" monster and this card, your opponent cannot declare an attack.

Spell/Trap Cards

bTNePCM.jpg

Deceit Altercation

Equip Spell

Select 1 "Deceiver" monster in your Graveyard; the equipped monster's original effect is negated, and it's effect is treated as that of the selected monster.

Fi4IHgJ.jpg

Deception Point

Field Spell

If a "Deceiver" monster is destroyed by battle, it is shuffled back into the Deck. When a "Deceiver" monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle, you can add 1 "The Deceiver of Battles" from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand.

BniE6Yt.jpg

Deception Interjection

Continuous Trap

The original ATK and DEF of all Face-Up "Deceiver" monsters becomes the Level of all Face-Up "Deceiver" monsters x 300, excluding themselves.

Nice lockdown cards you got here. I would say that Deciever of Materials is redundant, as XYZ summoning counts as Special Summoning. Also, Deception interjection needs to be nerfed considerably because with 3 or more you decievers youre talking about a total lockdown with 1800+ attackers, which with this deck is easily accomplished. Furthermore, support cards such as magicians unite and spellcaster's circle would make this a perfect top-tier anti-meta deck, and not too overpowered as long as interjection is nerfed.

Like the idea, seems very good for getting Dark Mist out. 9.5/10

I figured Interjection needed nerfing, but I thought I'd get a second opinion first. As for Materials, any ideas what he could lock? I figured drawing was too OP, maybe monster setting?

Given how much of the meta relies on draw power, you could give it an effect like preventing your opponent from being able to draw outside their draw phase. i.e. "While you control another "Deceiver" monster and this card, your opponent cannot draw cards, except during their Draw Phase". Just a thought.

I like the idea of the cards, and it seems very easy to lockdown very quickly, even if a little bit of foresight is needed first. The deceiver of battles is very good, but probably not broken. However, if I understand it correctly, interjection is insanely broken. Get the level 6 and level 5 out for instance (which shouldn't be that difficult), that is 11 levels which means they have 6600 ATK & DEF? (11x600) WHAT THE HELL? And that's only with 2 monsters, let alone any others. 

So besides that ridiculous one, I like these cards! 

Given how much of the meta relies on draw power, you could give it an effect like preventing your opponent from being able to draw outside their draw phase. i.e. "While you control another "Deceiver" monster and this card, your opponent cannot draw cards, except during their Draw Phase". Just a thought.

I like the idea of the cards, and it seems very easy to lockdown very quickly, even if a little bit of foresight is needed first. The deceiver of battles is very good, but probably not broken. However, if I understand it correctly, interjection is insanely broken. Get the level 6 and level 5 out for instance (which shouldn't be that difficult), that is 11 levels which means they have 6600 ATK & DEF? (11x600) WHAT THE HELL? And that's only with 2 monsters, let alone any others. 

So besides that ridiculous one, I like these cards! 

Ok cool. Ill change Materials to something to do with drawing, and Interjection will go down to 200/300. :D

EDIT: Deception Interjection now sets it to Levels x 300, but it excludes the own monster's level. So if we had Battles and Hunts (Formerly Materials) on the field with this, Battles would be 1500 and Hunts would be 1800.

That seems a lot fairer with interjection. 

A question with hunt though, how would its initial effect work? Unless you reveal your opponent's hand how can you be sure if what cards in their hand were drawn at the draw phase? Even then you can't know for sure, as you're just relying on your opponent's integrity (or memory, since it is easy to forget which cards were drawn in the draw phase, and those which weren't), if you can find a way to streamline that effect, that would be good! 

That seems a lot fairer with interjection. 

A question with hunt though, how would its initial effect work? Unless you reveal your opponent's hand how can you be sure if what cards in their hand were drawn at the draw phase? Even then you can't know for sure, as you're just relying on your opponent's integrity (or memory, since it is easy to forget which cards were drawn in the draw phase, and those which weren't), if you can find a way to streamline that effect, that would be good! 

Hunts is mostly for stopping searches, not ordinary draws. You could summon it for a draw, but you are correct and it would be based much on trusting your opponent. Luckily the majority of the Yugioh community is fairly trustworthy.

Archived