Minerva, Lightsworn Maiden

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either way, this is awful design.  Why in the fuck did they think it was smart to make a JD searcher.  We have one, it's called Eclipse Wyvern.  And even that's not the best design, but at least it requires a decent amount of skill to pull it off.  This is just promoting sacky mills and saying it's fine because you'll be rewarded for it.

Nah it's fine on its own, JD is the problem.

2s7tb8h.jpg

In all seriousness this searcher look good on itself to me.

The issue is that Judgment Dragon is not banned. It's an awful card.

Cheap Summoning conditions, cheap cost for a field nuke it can do multiple times per turn and be unaffected by it, at 3 with the hability to get multiples on board at a time. Just like Spellbook of Judgment, how did this get past the concept stage of design at all? 

You know, with regards to Eclipse Wyvern also being able to search JD, I thought of something real fast...
This could also search Wybustar(as Black Mentioned) and also Lightpulsar Dragon.
So really, this can also let you trigger Eclipse that much easier, provided, you at least use Rabbit-Logic and only run like 2-3 DARKs.

You know, with regards to Eclipse Wyvern also being able to search JD, I thought of something real fast...
This could also search Wybustar(as Black Mentioned) and also Lightpulsar Dragon.
So really, this can also let you trigger Eclipse that much easier, provided, you at least use Rabbit-Logic and only run like 2-3 DARKs.

Now that Plaguespreader is at 2, Lightsworns can have up to 8 tuners in a Deck that can be easily revive.

I wouldn't run more than 2 of this. Sure the free mill is nice, as is the JD/Lightpulsar/Wyburstar search, but you're only gonna want it mid-late game and a weak ass tuner like this that's basically dead in hand isn't something you're gonna want all the time.

Guys, in order to search JD, you do realize you need 8 Lightsworn monsters in the Grave right? I would assume by that time, you've probably milled at least 1-2 JD, let alone the search is still a lucksack.

I guess you can run that other Lughtsworn dragon for shenanigans, but still

Sorry if double post:

zWNmsfh.jpg

Minerva, Lightsworn Maiden
LIGHT/Spellcaster
Level 3
Effect/Tuner
800/200
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 LIGHT Dragon-Type Monster from your Deck to your Hand whose Level is equal to or lower than the number of different “Lightsworn” Monsters in your Graveyard. When this card is sent from the hand or Deck to the Graveyard: Send the top card of your Deck to the Graveyard. During each of your End Phases: Send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard. You must control this face-up card to activate and to resolve this effect.

Thank god it says "different" at least.

Exactly what I was hoping.  This basically means that you'd need to run at least 8 different Lightsworns in the Deck if you're going for a JD search.  Also, that this chick can't be tech'd all willy-nilly in every Deck and their mother.

Overall, I don't feel that this one's really needed in a LS deck.

inb4lowerLevelLightswornDragonsarereleasedinthefuture

Baby Judgment Dragon

Light/Dragon/4/1500/1300

If there are 3 or more "Lightsworn" monsters in your Graveyard with different names, you may Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, you can pay 1000 Life Points to send the top 4 cards of your deck to the Graveyard, then you may add 1 "Judgment Dragon" from your Graveyard to your hand.

Btw, wouldn't, by the time you drop 8 lightsworns in your graveyard, at least 1-2 of your JD, if not all three, would be in the grave already?

Yeh. This card really isn't that great, cause as you said, you'll have milled a ton of your deck to add JD. Hell you may have already drawn JD. This card will probably be ran at 1 and will be used to search Wyburstar (I think thats what its called idr) to make Lv7s, unless LS get their own Lv4 Dragon. 

And then Raiden is sitting over there waiting to become the future LS staple.

Archived