Growing on Relinquished - Shadow Trick Trio [12 Cards] Also Generic Ritual Support

Delibirb

Relinquished is my all-time favorite monster, and it is unfortunate that today's meta does not have a lot of ritual support cards. This set will attempt to begin the resurrection of the time when Relinquished, and indeed many Ritual Monsters, were a powerful addition to well suited decks. Aditionally, this will expand some on Relinquished specifically, in the form of the Shadow Trick Trio: Relinquished, Devoured, and Abhorred!

More to be added, but for now, what do you think? So far, I think perhaps Abhorred may be a bit underpowered, but let me know if it is the reverse! 

Relinquished Specific Cards:

0ZZsshS.jpg

Shadow Trick Rite

Continuous Trap

Activate this card when 1 "Relinquished" you control is removed from the field; you can Ritual Summon 1 "Devoured" or "Abhorred" from your Hand. You must also Tribute monsters from your Hand or field whose total Levels equal 1 or more. When this Face-Up card on your side the field is destroyed, you can Special Summon 1 "Relinquished" from your Graveyard and equip this card as a monster with 0 ATK and DEF.

3iEYS2r.jpg

Abhorred

DARK - Spellcaster / Ritual

Level 1

ATK - 0 / DEF - 0

You can Ritual Summon this monster with "Shadow Trick Rite". Neither player takes Battle Damage from battles involving this card. This card gains 500 ATK for each Spell or Trap card you control. During the End Phase of the turn this card is destroyed, place it in the Spell/Trap Zone as a Continuous Spell; it gains the following effect:
•When you destroy a monster your opponent controls by battle, place 1 Spell Counter on this card; you take 500 damage. When this Spell card is destroyed, inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of Spell Counters on this card x 500.

XGAmvSq.jpg
Devoured
DARK - Spellcaster / Ritual
Level 1
ATK - 0 / DEF 0
You can Ritual Summon this card with "Shadow Trick Rite". Once per turn, select 1 monster your opponent controls. If it does not attack this card during your opponent's next Battle Phase, it is destroyed at the end of the Battle Phase. This card cannot be destroyed by battle by the selected monster. When this card is targeted for an attack, it gains 1000 ATK. Your opponent takes any Battle Damage you would take from battles involving this card.

NVhuiPN.jpg
Number 0: Relinquished Unbound
DARK - Spellcaster / Xyz
Rank 1
ATK - 0 / DEF - 0
2 Level 1 Ritual Monsters
When this monster is Special Summoned, detach all Xyz Materials attached to this card. This monster's original ATK and DEF is that of the last Xyz Material attached to this card by its effect. Once per turn, during your opponent's Battle Phase, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls whose ATK is higher than that of this monster; attach it as an Xyz Material to this card. When this monster is targeted for an attack, detach the last Xyz Material attached to this card before damage calculation, and if it was attached this turn, end the Battle Phase without damage calculation. Your opponent takes any battle damage you would take from battles involving this card.

General Ritual Support Cards:
jVFA8oO.jpg
Ritual Realm
Field Spell
While you control a Face-Up Ritual monster, your opponent can only target Ritual Monsters for an attack. Ritual monsters can only be destroyed by battle with a monster of the same Attribute. If your opponent activates a Spell or Trap Card that destroys 1 or more monsters you control, you can Tribute 1 Ritual Monster from your side of the field; negate the card's activation. Also, the Tributed monster is Special Summoned in Face-Down Defense Position during the End Phase.

1RYA7ZC.jpg
Ritual Artist
DARK - Spellcaster / Union
Level 6
ATK - ? / DEF - ?
This monster's ATK and DEF become that of the Ritual monster with the highest Level on the field. Once per turn, you can equip this monster you control to a Face-Up Ritual Monster OR Special Summon this Equip Card from the Spell/Trap Zone to add 1 Ritual Spell from your Graveyard to your hand. When a monster equipped with this card would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.

Newly Added: (9/21/2013)

Z7orrWv.jpg
Consent of Travel
Continuous Spell
While this card remains Face-Up on the field, control of your monsters cannot change. You can send to the Graveyard this card and 1 monster you control to inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of Ritual monsters in your Graveyard x 1000. Then, add 1 Ritual monster from your Graveyard to your Hand.

zfivw2p.jpg
Djinn Performer of Rituals
DARK - Fiend
Level 4
ATK - 1500 / DEF - 1300
When you Ritual Summon a Ritual Monster, you can remove from play this card from your Graveyard as 1 of the monsters required for the Ritual Summon. If the monster Ritual Summoned using this card is targeted by an effect, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from an Xyz monster your opponent controls.

L7pUny7.jpg
Magician of Punishment
LIGHT - Spellcaster
Level 3
ATK - 900 / DEF - 1800
When your opponent destroys a Ritual monster you control by battle, discard this card; your opponent skips their next Battle Phase. You can only activate the effect of "Magician of Punishment" during your opponent's Battle Phase.

QU2NCnz.jpg
Rite of Way
Normal Spell
Select 1 Ritual Monster, Ritual Spell, and any Trap card from your Deck; your opponent selects 1 at random. Activate the following effect based on their selection:
•Ritual Monster: Add all three cards to your hand.
•Ritual Spell: Send the Ritual Monster to the Graveyard, and shuffle the other 2 cards into your Deck.
•Trap Card: Destroy 1 card on the field, and shuffle the other 2 cards into your Deck.

0ae6hyd.jpg
Rite to Live or Die
Normal Trap
You can only activate this card when you Ritual Summon a monster; your opponent selects and executes 1 of the following effects:
•Increase your opponent's Life Points by 2000
•Decrease your Life Points by 1500
•Your opponent gains 1000 Life Points, and you lose 1000.

Newly Added: (9/22/2013)

7pWD5QN.jpg

Infinity Windmill of Rituals

Continuous Spell

This card cannot be removed from the field, except by it's own effect. When this card is activated, select 1 of your empty Spell/Trap Zones; it cannot be used. During each of your Standby Phases, send, from the top of your opponent's Deck to their Graveyard, cards equal to 1 more than the number of Ritual Monsters you control. If your opponent successfully attacks your Life Points directly, banish this card. Each player can only activate 1 "Infinity Windmill of Rituals" per duel.

I was considering adding another effect to Devoured: If this card is destroyed by battle, your opponent skips their next Draw Phase.

Whaddya think? I might just make it a separate general Ritual Support card, if Devoured already has too much/would be too OP with what he already has.

And I still have this looming thought that Abhorred seemed UP for the difficulty it takes to Summon and play him efficiently.

The concept is really interesting. I personally think Devoured will always be chosen, due to his gimmickyness in the sheer amount of damage he can inflict to your opponent. I love the Xyz idea, though it was worded weird. The battle phase ending effect should probably be "last turn" as opposed to "this turn", as it suggests you attached a monster during your opponent's turn to save itself. The idea I loved the most was the Field Spell, since it reminded me of the Numbers rule some, and its a very balanced way to make your monsters hard as hell to take care of. Great idea, and amazing execution overall.

The concept is really interesting. I personally think Devoured will always be chosen, due to his gimmickyness in the sheer amount of damage he can inflict to your opponent. I love the Xyz idea, though it was worded weird. The battle phase ending effect should probably be "last turn" as opposed to "this turn", as it suggests you attached a monster during your opponent's turn to save itself. The idea I loved the most was the Field Spell, since it reminded me of the Numbers rule some, and its a very balanced way to make your monsters hard as hell to take care of. Great idea, and amazing execution overall.

Thank you for the comments! My responses are as follows.

-As it requires to be from the hand, choosing Devoured over Abhorred isnt always an option unless you planned it out with a Senju/Manju beforehand. Nevertheless, I thought Devoured would be chosen more often as well, but I did some tests. I got Abhorred to 4000 ATK with 4 Spell/Trap Cards and a 5th, being Ritual Weapon. (2500 for the spell/traps zones, 1500 from Ritual Weapon). And a lot of who you choose would depend on your opponent, as well. If your opponent has a Spam deck, Devoured wont protect you for long. (But your opponent taking the damage helps. :)) Abhorred cant inflict damage, but it can easily clear the way for your beaters.

-Not sure if I understood your problem correctly, but Relinquished Unbound absorbs during your opponent's turn, therefore that "this turn" clause would be there so he can try to protect himself. The thing with Unbound is it is a difficult card to play, especially if you dont already have field advantage, assuming you can even get it on the field without it, so he needs that extra protection.

It's is not right. Its would be. (New Spell card)

I think one more is OP. That's a lot of milling.

Not that Quasar deck minds. XD

Ill ignore the lack of attention to the advanced clause and say:

-Thanks for pointing out the grammar error. :)

-If you have no ritual monsters on the field and you actually run this card, it is pretty safe to say your opponent will probably attack you directly easily. Otherwise, I think it makes sense. I almost never get more than 2 of my rituals in play, so thats 3 card mill, which is nothing compared to an actual deck-destruction focused deck.

• 11 months later...

Archived