Photo

✩ Club Espeon V2 ✩ - Back and better than ever (Always Accepting!)

club espeon V2 pokemon

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
253 replies to this topic

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 35,013 posts
  • Spouse:Latias and Sapphy-chan

3482ey1.jpg

Logo done by myself

Welcome to Club Espeon V2.

After dropping into obscurity during the past 2 years, it's time for it to return...better than ever before.

Before I forget, if I mention any dates, it'll be using the USA date format (month-day-year). That means if I write something like 10/12/2013, it means October 12 and not December 10 for those of you who use the other format.

Active Topic

FAQ

Espeon History

+ Rulebook +

Ranks

Application

Member List

Warning Levels

When more members join, then more things will be added here (i.e. Affiliates/Current Club Events/etc). I'll add up the older banners from V1 later on as well.

Have fun, everyone!

Edited by Sakura Haruno, 04 December 2013 - 02:55 AM.

Signature Stuff
Card Directory and TCG Decks
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Zootopia GIFs (I have too many of them in here -_-)
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

Pokémon X / AS / Sun FC: 4098-4005-6931 (Jason)

(If you add my code, make sure you tell me so I can add you back)

Zextra

Zextra

"I deserve a mega evolution, too..."

• ZPD
  • 15,149 posts

Yay, Club Espeon's back!

Username: Zextra

Nickname: Whatever you feel like :P

Do you understand our club rules? Absolutely

3DS Friend Code: 2766-7921-2108 Zex

Posted Image

Nothing Worth Seeing :3

Miror B

Miror B

Legendary Member

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,321 posts
  • Spouse:CommanderVolt

We need a full day for the TCG

Username: Princess Talaya
Nickname (what do you want to be called): Meta, Miror, Miror B., pick one idc xP
Do you understand our club rules?Wait rules? *scrolls up* oh oh yes of course. "don't be stupid" got it.

Thank you Dharc

Unless otherwise stated, I do not make my own pictures, and they're almost always googled.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 35,013 posts

Both accepted and yeah Zextra, it's been a while since Espeon was around. 

As for the TCG, we can have discussions on cards (though as a slight warning, I don't play DN/tournaments a lot so in terms of talking about card combos, etc., might fall a bit short on it; though I'll do my best to say something about stuff [one of the reasons I only browse TCG and not actually post]. I do pay attention to the upcoming sets and all; including anime cards, so not completely ignorant on that. (ignore this part; took that to mean the YGO ones; apologies, though I might not say much on this subject since I don't play it)

For the topic stuff, I was considering doing something like this:

Sunday - Tuesday are YGO-related stuff (anime/manga and if you guys want to, some minor set stuff)

Wednesday, not decided

Thursday - Saturday are Pokemon things (since XY anime premieres on a Thursday; though we can still discuss BW while it still airs outside of Japan; in addition to the TCG/manga, etc)

Though once we get more people, then you guys can decide on how you want to format the topics; this is tentatively how I'd like to set the topics, so we're not stuck discussing something for too long to the point it gets boring and we have a way to keep the place orderly.

------

Anyway, since The Origin aired today (and I put it as our discussion stuff for the time being), some words on it. I thought it was a good episode and pretty much kept close to the games like they said; though I was a bit surprised to find out that Red is voiced by a certain ninja's VA.

Edited by Sakura Haruno, 03 October 2013 - 02:40 PM.

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

~Top O'Logic Bomber Dragon~

• Top Hat Regulator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,117 posts
  • Alias:~British Soul~
  • Spouse:Yubel

Username: ~British Soul~

Nickname (what do you want to be called): I don't mind really.

Do you understand our club rules? Even though I skimmed through them, yes.

iVaujSV.png?1

80317British.jpg

This is as far as you go. Your life points will soon be reduced to 0, and your life will be dust. It over. The heart is pain. The heart that humans used to believe in hold this pain. All your wishes that you've ever had, are all just pain. How worthless! Your hearts are what caused the future to be destroyed. Little Boy, this is Despair... Turn End. - Aporia

a709b8f5cdd8b64cb6aada33e60fd0e8.png

Rest of Sig

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 35,013 posts

Accepted.

Basically our club rules = the site rules, except rewritten for our purposes (Just act like you're supposed to + you'll have no problems)

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

• Top Hat Regulator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,117 posts

Even though my post said I skimmed through the rules, I actually did read them thoroughly, hehe.

One thing I noticed whilst watching Origins was that the guy who waved to Red when he was on his bike resembled the Fan Club director from the Adventures Manga.

iVaujSV.png?1

80317British.jpg

This is as far as you go. Your life points will soon be reduced to 0, and your life will be dust. It over. The heart is pain. The heart that humans used to believe in hold this pain. All your wishes that you've ever had, are all just pain. How worthless! Your hearts are what caused the future to be destroyed. Little Boy, this is Despair... Turn End. - Aporia

Rest of Sig

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 35,013 posts

I think I missed that part (really need to stop skipping around the manga b/c things like that happen [I don't relate characters here to the manga b/c I don't see them]. Or that was in episodes 2-4, which I didn't watch yet b/c no subtitles.

A different Red than the silent one in games that a lot of us idolize/compare Ash to a lot (pretty obvious that this is kind of similar to episode 1 with Ash, but not exactly). Probably close to that of his Adventures counterpart in the beginning [except this Red has Charmander whereas adventures had Bulbasaur]. At least Blue/Green is same, but it's close to the games (which I haven't played, most likely since I didn't get into Pokemon until maybe 2000/2001 [so yeah, not a fan from the absolute start])

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

~British Soul~

~British Soul~

• Top Hat Regulator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,117 posts

I think I missed that part (really need to stop skipping around the manga b/c things like that happen [I don't relate characters here to the manga b/c I don't see them]. Or that was in episodes 2-4, which I didn't watch yet b/c no subtitles.

It was towards the beginning of part 2, yeah.

Another thing I thought was interesting was that the TMs/HMs looked like floppy disks.

iVaujSV.png?1

80317British.jpg

Rest of Sig

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 35,013 posts

Yeah, even though nowadays floppy disks are obsolete (though considering this is based off the games in 1996, they were still being used [since flash/USB drives never existed).

In the games, they look like colored gears [from the overworld anyway]; don't know what they actually look like. Maybe X/Y will show a 3-D rendition of them, but we'll have to see (maybe they'll look like that; maybe they won't). 

I gotta watch the rest of the series; though I'll wait for subtitles since I still don't understand Japanese that well yet.

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

:^)

O Captain! My Captain!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts
Username: Sasha Braus
Nickname (what do you want to be called): Sasha/Sasha Braus/Multiloquent/Potato Girl
Do you understand our club rules?Yes!

Ah9IMRA.png

Miror B

Miror B

Legendary Member

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,321 posts

As for the TCG, we can have discussions on cards (though as a slight warning, I don't play DN/tournaments a lot so in terms of talking about card combos, etc., might fall a bit short on it; though I'll do my best to say something about stuff [one of the reasons I only browse TCG and not actually post]

Er...I meant the pokemon TCG so idk what DN has to do with that >_>

Thank you Dharc

Unless otherwise stated, I do not make my own pictures, and they're almost always googled.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 35,013 posts

Sasha, accepted

@Talaya: Sorry, I mistook that comment for stuff related to the TCG section over here, my bad. (But nonetheless, we can still discuss the Pokemon TCG; though as a warning, I might not say much about that subject since I don't really play the TCG)

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

PDeegz

PDeegz

Legendary Member

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,548 posts
  • Alias:iHop
Hello there, JK, been a while.

[b]Username: +iHop[/b] 
[b]Nickname (what do you want to be called): idc really, just call me iHop[/b] 
[b]Do you understand our club rules?: Of course[/b]

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 35,013 posts

Hey iHop, been a while

Accepted.

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

O Captain! My Captain!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,317 posts

(But nonetheless, we can still discuss the Pokemon TCG)

The Pokemon TCG is ridiculous, every card is so expensive comparative to YGO, like in YGO there is Dracossack which is bloody expensive, but the rest of the cards for your Deck are in the under $20 Price Range, however for the Pokemon TCG every card that you will want is upwards of $15, stopping sometimes at $50 just for one card. However, I havn't played Pokemon in over a year (competitively) Some things would have definitely changed since then. 

When Computer Search came out I remember people wanting to pay up to $50 for it, now it's worth $10-$15. It's not bad, but since it's and Ace Spec you can only have one per deck.

card-computer-search.png

Ah9IMRA.png

Miror B

Miror B

Legendary Member

• Legendary Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,321 posts

Sasha, accepted

@Talaya: Sorry, I mistook that comment for stuff related to the TCG section over here, my bad. (But nonetheless, we can still discuss the Pokemon TCG; though as a warning, I might not say much about that subject since I don't really play the TCG)

Don't worry I figured you did.

And I don't really play the game much either, but the thinking isn't hard to get into when you start looking at what some cards do vs others.

The Pokemon TCG is ridiculous, every card is so expensive comparative to YGO, like in YGO there is Dracossack which is bloody expensive, but the rest of the cards for your Deck are in the under $20 Price Range, however for the Pokemon TCG every card that you will want is upwards of $15, stopping sometimes at $50 just for one card. However, I havn't played Pokemon in over a year (competitively) Some things would have definitely changed since then. 

When Computer Search came out I remember people wanting to pay up to $50 for it, now it's worth $10-$15. It's not bad, but since it's and Ace Spec you can only have one per deck.

It isn't that bad for every card :/ A lot of decent-ish cards are cheap. Of course all the good amazing cards are going to be more expensive, that's just supply and demand after all.

• :^) likes this

Thank you Dharc

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 35,013 posts

Yeah, the good cards being expensive hold true for all games (there are some exceptions to that, but not always).

Though in terms of the game concepts, energy being needed to use certain moves is kinda similar to the mechanics of Naru CCG (which I am familar with to an extent; however it's a dead game now).

The mention of another CCG aside, there's only 11 types (as opposed to the currently 18 existing in anime/console games) from what I saw on Bulbapedia; some of their weaknesses/strengths/etc. are similar to what we already know from the 17-18 types in BW/XY with exceptions.

TBH, I owned a few cards but most, if not all of them, were just basic stuff.

On-topic with the Origin discussion (until Sunday, Pokemon-related stuff), I almost cried near the end after Red got rid of Tearm Rocket in episode 2. (And replying to British's earlier post, yeah the guy does look like the Pokemon Club director from Adventure [I remember seeing him])

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

大閃光の心霊龍主人公

• Moderators
  • 35,013 posts

I hate doing this, but BUMP

Signature Stuff
Viva Club Espeon!
Extra Images / GFX stuff
Member Card 2017
Character results

IzFJLd3.pngJAYSUMQ.gif

wLei5mJ.png

Zextra

Zextra

"I deserve a mega evolution, too..."

• ZPD
  • 15,149 posts

The Cubone/Marowak story had always made me sad, but after watching episode 2 of Origins, that just made things worse. Poor Cubone :(

3DS Friend Code: 2766-7921-2108 Zex

Posted Image

Nothing Worth Seeing :3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users