Cardmakers' Cabal [CCGs/Cardmaking/Card Design]

Aix

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, something like a mini-contest perhaps? Something simple and shouldn't take much effort to do.

edit1: Anyway, how about something like this for the FIRE clan?

Ritual of Rebirth: Dance of the Fire Spirits
Ritual Spell Card
Reveal a FIRE Ritual Monster in your hand. Tribute monsters from your side of the field or from your hand whose total level is equal or higher than the revealed monster, then Ritual summon the revealed monster. A monster summoned by this effect gains Ritual Counters equal to the amount of monsters tributed by this card. When a Ritual Monster summoned by this card's effect destroys a monster by battle when this card is in your graveyard, draw 1 card.

Insert Name Here
*8 Pyro/Ritual/Effect FIRE 2800/2000
When this card is summoned, place 1 Ritual Counter to this card. Once per turn, you can remove 1 Ritual Counter from this card to destroy 1 card on the field. When this card is destroyed, add 1 FIRE monster from your graveyard to your hand.

Note that they're still drafts, and the ritual monster is there just to showcase how the counters can be used, so if it's kinda plain, then I'm sorry.

Sounds like the kind of idea we were going for, yeah. I like the draw 1 card in the ritual spell.

Something like this for the non-rituals?:

[Name}

2 Pyro/Effect FIRE 500/1300

Once per turn, you can reveal 1 FIRE Ritual Monster in your hand to add 1 Ritual Counter to a face-up Ritual Monster you control. When this card is destroyed, shuffle 1 Ritual Spell card from your graveyard into your deck.

Interesting... I am starting to like the Ritual Counters idea, whereas before I was unsure about its usefulness. Pokemon X has definitely lessened my activity, but y'all may rest assured I will return. It helps to have an actual basis for the FIRE archetype. Just a thought, does anyone have a problem with the name "Pyronic" for them?

Interesting... I am starting to like the Ritual Counters idea, whereas before I was unsure about its usefulness. Pokemon X has definitely lessened my activity, but y'all may rest assured I will return. It helps to have an actual basis for the FIRE archetype. Just a thought, does anyone have a problem with the name "Pyronic" for them?

Ive heard that used somewhere before... Which makes me not want to use it here, personally. But if everyone else agrees, than I wont complain. Personally I would prefer something that isnt directly fire related.

The name should be "Agnian".

Not only is the term Agni Sanskrit for Fire, but the Hindu God Agni from whom this name is derivative from is the supreme director of religious ceremonies and duties. Vedic rituals all involve Agni.

If that isn't a perfect tie to Fire with Rituals, I don't know what is.

Also, Toyo, well done with the Album. I hope it'll be as appreciated as it deserves to be.

Username at the moment /Mikel.

What you want to do here: "Am here to  Learn O.C.G as-well find ways to making awesome cards to wining every card contest.  learn rating and starting good contests." :)

What you want to see happen:

What you want to see happen: I want to see people improve in their cardmaking capabilities. Now that I'm not a mod, I can pretty much chill with everyone else and just help them a lot better. 

That.

Yeah, that's one of my concerns when designing the ritual spell. We can now balance the ritual supports by making them interact with the Ritual Counters, while we try to avoid falling into TCG's Xyz support pitfall.

It can be said that our Ritual is a version of Xyz monster that needed much more dedication, but the effects are designed to be more potent.

...while incorporating Fusion's need of a spell, and Synchro's level reliance. 

...yeah, the concept would really need much more testing and balancing, since we need to find the boundary between broken and shit, and that boundary will be really thin for Rituals.

Ah well, I'll try to come up for something resembling a concept for Fusions later. Xyz can be last, since it should be the simplest, right?

Also, I think Agnian still need a clan-wide gimmick other than ritual summoning. Even Gishkis got two of it(shuffling cards into the deck, divination) and I think Highlord already got them?

After finishing the concepts, we can start constructing the clans, and maybe start making the generics.

[spoiler=Idea]Truth be told, I'm gonna go back to what I said earlier and say this whole Duel Terminal Concept, while fun, is far too demanding for such a young club. I'm gonna suggest an alternative that we can run alongside it:

- We make a proper "Cardmaker's Cabal" booster pack, a 99/100 Card Set of Custom Cards, created by the members here. It needs no story at all, just a simple task. The 99/100 cards should be equally distributed to members here, noting that the general system is that cards that are beyond 45 tend to change from Monsters to Spells and Traps.[/spoiler]

Regarding what we're doing with Agnians and their Ritual Counters: It doesn't need to be very complicated or intricate. The Ritual Counters should simply serve as additional Levels to the Monsters. That way, not only do we provide Ritual Support across the board, but we can have the more/most powerful boss monsters be Level 12, as well as demand some Ritual Counters for their summon. Heck, we could even introduce a 5000 ATK Ritual Monster, since Fusions have two, Xyz has one. We might beat Synchros to something.

If we're going for what I've mentioned, we could also prevent the Rituals being used in Xyz Summons for balancing's sake, or have a form of Summoning Sickness.

+1 Normal Summon? OK:

[spoiler='Mein']

g74umte.jpg

The Welcome Invasion Force

LIGHT - Machine

Level 2

ATK - 1000 / DEF - 2500

When this card is Normal or Flip Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 "The Welcome Invasion Force" from your hand or Deck in attack position. If you Xyz Summon the turn you activate this effect, both players take 1000 damage.

[/spoiler]

I'm not sure if posting this is allowed, but spots are still open: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/308301-leaderboard-ycm-1v1-fall-open-2013/

As for the +1 upon Normal Summon, you are walking on a fine line with that one. The restrictions have to be just right to consider that balanced. I know what most of you are thinking, and Special Summoning is the most tricky +1 upon Normal Summon (or in general) to balance due to the potential Synchro or Xyz shenanigans that can happen. Like I said before, you are walking on a fine line.

Distant Star, Arachen

Level 4

Pyro/Effect

Light

1700/400

When this card is Normal Summoned; if you control no other monsters, special summon 1 level 3 or lower non-tuner monster from your graveyard or hand. During the end phase of the turn you Normal Summoned this card; if you did not special summon a monster from the extra deck this turn, this card is treated as a tuner and you can Synchro Summon during this end phase.

Archived