Cardmakers' Cabal [CCGs/Cardmaking/Card Design]

Aix

I'm not sure if posting this is allowed, but spots are still open: http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/308301-leaderboard-ycm-1v1-fall-open-2013/

As for the +1 upon Normal Summon, you are walking on a fine line with that one. The restrictions have to be just right to consider that balanced. I know what most of you are thinking, and Special Summoning is the most tricky +1 upon Normal Summon (or in general) to balance due to the potential Synchro or Xyz shenanigans that can happen. Like I said before, you are walking on a fine line.

Im aware of my fine line thanks. To me, a 1000 LP to both players seems sufficient.

Also has far too much DEF and definitely not in favour of a Level 2 Tour Guide that burns.

Given it likely wont be sticking around for long, its DEF is irrelevant. Particularly because it summons its "Tour Guide" in ATK position, and once again, a 1000 burn may not seem like a deterrent; because it isnt. It is merely a cost, one that might catch up to the controller later on.

Either way, it isnt like we are including this card in our pack. I was asked to make a +1 on the spot, so I made one. If you dislike its Tour Guideyness, I apologize. If you think its price is weak or DEF is high, idc, but I apologize anyway.

Distant Star, Arachen

Level 4

Pyro/Effect

Light

1700/400

When this card is Normal Summoned; if you control no other monsters, special summon 1 level 3 or lower non-tuner monster from your graveyard or hand. During the end phase of the turn you Normal Summoned this card; if you did not special summon a monster from the extra deck this turn, this card is treated as a tuner and you can Synchro Summon during this end phase.

Isnt that technically a potential +0 once the End Phase comes? :P

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The burn is bad as it affects the losing player more.

I love Kyng's Masquerade Magician as the cost both limits its use to be not totally generic as well as makes you show your opponent what you have in store for them if you want to draw a card. BTW, OCG-wise, "draw" shouldn't be capitalized.

Distant Star, Arachen lets you revive Lonefire Blossom which is a big no, though the End Phase Synchro is interesting enough. Needs some fixing. OCG-wise, you have your colons and semi-colons mixed up, all the places where you have a semi-colon, there should be a colon instead.

Um, a 1000 burn to both players is not a cost. You are punishing your opponent for something you did, and losing 1000 Life Points is just a slap on the wrist.

Its a cost to you, its just a punishment to them as well. Those 1000 could lose you the game, though they could not.

Its a cost to you, its just a punishment to them as well. Those 1000 could lose you the game, though they could not.

Honestly, a one-time 1000 burn is hardly anything dangerous, and if it would lose you the duel, you shouldn't be using the effect anyways. And it shouldn't be punishing your opponent to promote your own plays, especially since the card itself is already a +1 as is.

Everyone like Kyng's card? Added to OP.

Anyway, continuing on. Next requir- "Wait, wait, Axi, why are you dictating us all?"

Cuz, I like abusing my power. Well you guys can suggest some next requirements as well you know. You can also just post some cards here and we can all agree whether we like or not. I'm just giving these requirements to stir you all up.

Anyway, make a Tuner that's a -1.

[spoiler='cute_girl.card']

GQIC6ze.jpg[/spoiler]
SHYNEET Magician support and general rank 1 support. Woohoo

You gotta specify where it's Summoning from.

-1 Tuner now? :P

[spoiler='Mein']

Tk9GIF8.jpg

Ripper Kid

DARK - Zombie

Level 2

ATK - 900 / DEF - 1200

When this card is Summoned while your opponent controls a monster, discard 1 card. When this card is used as a Synchro Material for a Synchro Summon, banish this card instead.

[/spoiler]

-1 Tuner now? :P

[spoiler='Mein']

Tk9GIF8.jpg

Ripper Kid

DARK - Zombie

Level 2

ATK - 900 / DEF - 1200

When this card is Summoned while your opponent controls a monster, discard 1 card. When this card is used as a Synchro Material for a Synchro Summon, banish this card instead.

[/spoiler]

-1 does not mean you are screwing yourself over and losing cards for no reason. There's absolutely no reason to run this card.

[spoiler='cute_girl(revised).card']

B5PxGiC.jpg[/spoiler]
SHYNEET Magician support and general rank 1 support. Woohoo

Hm, seems interesting. You'd immediately gain that discard back when you Summon Piper if you are going for Shyneet or you can go Mira or the other Rank 1s.

I need to catch up, but my form of catching up is jumping to last page and asking what's up.

Sorry I haven't been here. Yeah, I went off and did other things such as the obvious Pokemon, but also, as I said on October Event thread, work.

Bandit is a good plus 1 that shows what you have yet to Set, as well as makes it so you may want to not set hand go because you may draw it.

Distant Star, Pokemon Fossil is okay, doesn't insta Xyz/Synchro and can be good for Synchro. Since Lonfire was addressed, I imagine these are cards for the TCG.

Shut In.toyo is well constructed as expected, for the TCG.

Ripper sucks.

Fuma has nice enough stats to where the -1 effect doesn't really matter.

I like Maiden far more, as it is combo potential, push enabler, and overall a decent Level 1 Tuner. Multi-purpose and good at those purposes. Solid card.

Overall, favorites of above are Maiden, Bandit, and Shut In.toyo in that order.

So yeah, fill me in ^^

EDIT: Got off my lazy ass and read. Okay, a +1 Normal Summon monster is what I read. Then -1 Tuner. Interesting, we're doing random little make cards phases now. I dig that. Something I don't have to invest invest into, as I will hardly be able to invest actual time to the site for quite a while.

EDIT 2: [spoiler=Straightforwardashell]

BaFX4yB.jpg

[/spoiler]

Ancient Star, Kawkab

*2 LIGHT Pyro/Tuner 0/1200

When this card is summoned, you can discard 1 card to select 2 cards from either player's graveyard. Shuffle them into their owner's deck. During the end phase of the turn this card is used as a Synchro Material of a LIGHT monster, draw 2 cards, and discard 1 card.

I'm not creative. 

Kawkab's fix: You can discard this card and another LIGHT non-tuner monster from your hand; reveal the top 3 cards of your deck. Add 1 of the revealed cards to the hand, and put the rest to the graveyard or to the bottom of your deck. If the only monster you control is a LIGHT Synchro monster and you have 4000 or less Life Points, you can Synchro Summon using this card in your graveyard and the Synchro monster as the Synchro material, but this card is banished instead. This effect of ''Ancient Star, Kawkab'' can only be used once per duel.

I apologize. While the requirements state to have a -1 included in the card, the card should still have a decent or worthwhile -1. Your minus 1 doesn't mess with the opponent's strategy nor further yours, and thus, the -1 is straight up drawback. Now, draw backs are nice, when a card calls for it. Your card has nothing to it that requires a draw back, thus it shouldn't have one. Disruption or setting up a play for a -1 are more encouraged to up playability, but you could get all artsy craftsy with it, perhaps add some unique BP effect, or play protection. Anything, really, that at least aides your plays/disrupts opponent's.

Queen of Myriad Wishes, Harmonia
Rank 9 Fairy/Xyz/Effect Light 3300/3300
3 Level 9 Monsters
You can Xyz summon this card using 2 or more Xyz monsters you control whose total Rank is 9 or more(Their Xyz materials is also attached into this card). When this card is Xyz Summoned, attach 1 card on the field to this card for every Xyz monster attached to this card as an Xyz Material, then discard 1 card. Once per turn, you can attach the top 2 cards of your deck to this card; until the End Phase, you can Xyz Summon using monsters from your hand. You can detach 8 Xyz Materials from this card and pay half of your life points to Xyz summon 1 rank 6 or lower Xyz monster from your Extra Deck.

Highly experimental, just wanted to see how should the concept be executed(referring to the summoning condition, the detach effect, and the attach effect). Also, OCG is still a mess atm.

Archived