• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Compilation of suggested cards for the FIRE clan:

[spoiler: Agnian]

Agnian Sunderer

Pyro/Effect/Ritual/Fire

10/0/0

-When this card is summoned, place 1 Ritual Counter on this card for every Ritual Monster in your Graveyard. This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for every Ritual Counter on it. Once per turn, you may remove 2 Ritual Counters from this card to add 1 Ritual Spell Card in your Graveyard to your hand.

Agnian Flamekaiser

Ritual/Pyro/Effect/Fire/4/1800/1800

-Increase the ATK of this card by 200 for every Ritual Counter on it. Once per turn, you may remove all Ritual Counters from this card (min. 2) to add 1 Ritual Monster in your Deck to your hand.

Agnian Author

Pyro/Effect/Fire

4/1200/600

-When this card is Normal Summoned, destroy it. When you Ritual Summon an "Agnian" monster, you can return this monster in your Graveyard to your Deck as 1 of the Tributes. If this card is used as a Tribute for the Ritual Summon of an "Agnian" monster, place 2 Ritual Counters on that monster.

Agnian Salamander

Pyro/Effect/Fire

4/1600/1200
When this card is Normal Summoned: Reveal 1 FIRE Ritual monster in your hand; Add 1 Ritual Spell card from your Graveyard to your hand. During your Turn, except the turn an "Agnian Salamander" is sent to the Graveyard and you control no Monsters: You can Banish this card in your Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Agnian" Monster, Except "Agnian Salamander" from your Deck in Face-up Defense Position. It cannot be Tributed for a Tribute Sumnmon, and it is destroyed during the End Phase. You can only use 1 "Agnian Salamander" effect per turn and only once that turn, and If you Activate an "Agnian Salamander" Effect, You cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck this turn.

Crimson Dance Ritual: Ritual of the Ashes
Ritual Spell Card
-Tribute monsters from your side of the field to the graveyard with equal level to a FIRE ritual monster in your graveyard, and ritual summon the Ritual monster. Monster summoned by this effect gains 1 ritual counters, and when it destroys a monster by battle, shuffle this card into the deck, then you can send the ritual monster to the graveyard to draw 2 cards. 

Flame of Ascension

Ritual Spell Card

-Tribute Monsters from your side of the field or hand whose total Level equals the Level of a FIRE Ritual Monster in your hand. Place 1 Ritual Counter on the Summoned Ritual Monster for every Monster Tributed by this card's effect. 

Fire Cycle: Death and Rebirth

Quick-play Spell Card

-Tribute 1 FIRE monster you control. Destroy 1 monster on the field, then if you control a face-up "Agnian" Ritual monster, Special Summon 1 non-ritual level 4 or lower FIRE monster from your graveyard. During the End Phase, add 1 Ritual Counter to all "Agnian" Ritual monsters you control.

[/spoiler]

P.S. Don't let this noble thread die, y'all. Please.

Celestial of the Empty Mind
*4 Light Fairy/Effect 1800/1000
If this card is the only monster you control, when this card battles a monster, you can discard a LIGHT monster in your hand to have this card gains the opposing monster's ATK until the end of the battle. When this card destroys a monster by battle, you can reveal a LIGHT monster in your hand to draw 1 card.

Username: Akaza Akari

What you want to do here: I wanna hunt for ideas and inspiration for balance, flavor, and card design in general. I am curious about how other people handle issues and experiments. I might also post random ideas I get in the spark of the moment once in a while.

What you want to see happen: I don't know. Something interesting. People's idea of what is good is not exactly the same so, I'll be looking around.

I hadn't noticed there was a club about this.

I'm jumping into the thread with no idea of the current topic as of now.

Username: Akaza Akari

What you want to do here: I wanna hunt for ideas and inspiration for balance, flavor, and card design in general. I am curious about how other people handle issues and experiments. I might also post random ideas I get in the spark of the moment once in a while.

What you want to see happen: I don't know. Something interesting. People's idea of what is good is not exactly the same so, I'll be looking around.

I hadn't noticed there was a club about this.

I'm jumping into the thread with no idea of the current topic as of now.

We are sorta kinda making two Booster Packs. Vague info is on the OP, but one of them is a Duel Terminal story type of thing, and the other is a less organized random thing. It appears that for the former, we are working on the FIRE Ritual archetype called the Agnians still.

I've been working on a yugioh set on my own for a while. It half counts as a separate custom card game because mechanics differ and it's not meant to interact with the rest of the game at all (closed format)

[spoiler=Rules and other ideas]

-Level 3 or lower monsters need no Tributes.

-Level 4, 5, and 6 monsters need 1 Tribute.

-Level 7, 8, and 9 monsters need 2 Tributes.

-Level 10 or more monsters need 3 Tributes.

-Monsters Summoned in face-down Defense Position need 1 less Tribute.

-Tuners don't exist. To Synchro Summon, instead of what would have been a "Tuner", you must use a Normal Monster.

-I wanna design the cards in a way that I could ditch or at least not worry about the "Inherent vs effect Summon" issue.

-I wanna see how viable the idea of ditching Damage Step/Damage Calculation restrictions could be. Activating cards like Jar of Greed or Waboku at that point would be cool, while cards that change the number of monsters in play, I might or might not be able to find a solution for.

-I'm ditching sub-types for the mplementation of Keywords. Keywords that will be explained individually in the guide of the format. Which for the mean time, I only have "Union" right now with it's own variation from IRL:

Once per turn: You can equip this face-up card to a monster on the field as an equip card OR unequip it and Special Summon it on your side of the field. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, you can destroy this card instead.

When equipped, the monster can gain some of the union's stats (like it's Level) and effect, which I'm working on refining.

-Working on an Icon for Fusion, just like Ritual Spell Cards have it. Also tweak with both types of Spell Cards in some way to put the mechanics somewhat on pair with the Synchros or Xyzs.

-Working on a new Extra Deck mechanic called "Player Cards". Which are not monsters, but cards that implement some effect on the field (kind of like Field Spell Cards, if Field Spell Cards were not just more archetype support that the opponent can never use in any way). I'm debating on weather they'll go inside the field in any Card Zone, or just behind the field in their own thing. Their conditions/materials to play them don't go in a systematic way like Synchros or Xyzs do, you just  follow whatever in a case by case scenario. They stop working when a player decides to turn a damage into a hit towards them instead, putting them sideways, and 1 can be reactivated when that player gains Life Points.

-I expect that, although it'll try to support all card mechanics sort of evenly (Normal, Ritual, Fusion, Synchro, Xyz, etc), I'll mostly make Extra Deck monsters into options that can be brought out once in a while instead of being the center of the game. Like, less than 5Ds era, but more than the DM era did.

[/spoiler]

As of right now, it is all assuming no cards exist in the game. I've done a couple dozen of cards but I also often re-make the ideas because their interaction becomes too linear/boring/complex. 

Not only the cards, but even some of the mechanic ideas I just wrote might not work at the end.

Just felt like talking about it. The sort of cards I usually make the few times I visit Realistic Cards, is sort of what my creations look like for this custom imaginary format.

Well, with the currently little to none level of activity, let's do some little idea brainstorming to pump more activity.

Let's see......Make a level 8 monster that cannot special summon itself. Should be usable/good in a current day's deck.

This is more of a random idea, but it's more for the sake of the name's flavor:

6vPOIEL.jpg

[quote=Effect]

Target up to 2 monsters your opponent controls with the same ATK as 1 monster you control; you can use them this turn for this card's Tribute Summon, but if you do, this card cannot attack directly this turn. If this card would destroy a monster by battle: You can target 1 other monster your opponent controls; that monster is destroyed by battle instead (Battle Damage with the battling monster is still applied normally).

[/quote]

Couple of Updates:
1 - The customcardartworkdump has been updated again. The 4th Album has gained an additional 38 Images, and will soon gain a large additional contribution in the foreseeable future.
2 - I am gonna be kicking the Random Booster Pack Project up a notch, by both posting my own potential contributions as well as post prompts into this thread for cards in the Booster. As of yet we have 2/90, so yeah...

This Booster is fairly generic, so it'll be named he Cardmaker's Cabal Booster #1. If you are making a submission to this project, be sure to have it's Set ID to begin with "CCBP1", followed by "EN0XX", the Xs being replaceable for the relevant slot. Please note that the division will be 45 Monsters , followed by 45 Spells/Traps.

The first prompt will be for slots EN045 to EN050, I am looking for cards created from the following 5 Images:
[spoiler=Image #1]65wFvov.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler=Image #2]Rrg88td.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler=Image #3]6sYMQnk.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler=Image #4]iQYQ1kq.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler=Image #5]UHuBaLW.jpg[/spoiler]

Regarding the prompt's first response, I like the card a lot, particularly due to the original artwork. In terms of how it is good in the sense of today's competition, the Summoning Requirement is tricky and situational, and the effect may be considered a bit slow and easy prey for the current format's vicious backrow potential. However I do find it flavourful and fun, and would love to see this in play.

[spoiler=My own attempt to Ain's Prompt:]NqpzF24.jpg

During either player's turn; you can switch this card's battle position. This card is unaffected by your opponent's Trap Cards.

[/spoiler]

To make sure of how it'll operate.

Is the Random Pack meant to be possible to draft with or is it mainly more or less like IRL booster packs?

Also, according to the OP, is it true it only has 2 cards so far made for it or is it just lacking an update? =0

To make sure of how it'll operate.
Is the Random Pack meant to be possible to draft with or is it mainly more or less like IRL booster packs?
Also, according to the OP, is it true it only has 2 cards so far made for it or is it just lacking an update? =0

I'm not sure what ya mean by the first question.
It is due to not many prompts being given, and not many updates either.

Couple of Updates:
1 - The customcardartworkdump has been updated again. The 4th Album has gained an additional 38 Images, and will soon gain a large additional contribution in the foreseeable future.
2 - I am gonna be kicking the Random Booster Pack Project up a notch, by both posting my own potential contributions as well as post prompts into this thread for cards in the Booster. As of yet we have 2/90, so yeah...

This Booster is fairly generic, so it'll be named he Cardmaker's Cabal Booster #1. If you are making a submission to this project, be sure to have it's Set ID to begin with "CCBP1", followed by "EN0XX", the Xs being replaceable for the relevant slot. Please note that the division will be 45 Monsters , followed by 45 Spells/Traps.

The first prompt will be for slots EN045 to EN050, I am looking for cards created from the following 5 Images:
[spoiler=Image #1]65wFvov.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler=Image #2]Rrg88td.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler=Image #3]6sYMQnk.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler=Image #4]iQYQ1kq.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler=Image #5]UHuBaLW.jpg[/spoiler]

Regarding the prompt's first response, I like the card a lot, particularly due to the original artwork. In terms of how it is good in the sense of today's competition, the Summoning Requirement is tricky and situational, and the effect may be considered a bit slow and easy prey for the current format's vicious backrow potential. However I do find it flavourful and fun, and would love to see this in play.

[spoiler=My own attempt to Ain's Prompt:]NqpzF24.jpg[/spoiler]

All of them are the Queen Dragun Djinn though :o

[spoiler='My Entry for Ain']GsvMbXS.jpg

Cannot be Special Summoned. You can Normal Summon this card using Spell/Trap Cards on the field as Tributes. This card cannot attack directly. Negate the effects of any monster that battles this card. Monsters destroyed by battle are banished instead of sent to the Graveyard.

Probably could do with a more interesting second effect, but I ran out of ideas.[/spoiler]

All of them are the Queen Dragun Djinn though :o

Yes, yes they are. The idea is for the Cabal to create a series of 5 Spells and Traps related to each other, based on the Queen Dragun Djinn's given flavour.

As for the card - I definitely like it. This format's precedent of Backrows is incredible, and this card makes use of it quite well. It could make use of some mean combinations with, say, Safe Zoning opponent monsters, though the anti-direct attack clause makes this unabusable. The banishing gimmick is definitely flavourful, so it may suggest serving as a potential Macro Cosmos Boss monster.

The OP needs to seriously be updated. I've been scrolling down some comments from a few pages back and have found a good amount of cards. It'd be nice to see what's been done so far, and possibly if something in particular needs to be done.

Random card idea, probably for the random pack. Though let's see if any balance issues or flavor conflict happen from it.

MYFQNYP.jpg

When Normal or Flip Summoned: You can target 1 monster in any Graveyard; equip it to this card as an Equip Card. If this card switches to Defense Position: You can target that equip if it's ATK is equal or lower than this card's; Special Summon it. If this card would be destroyed, you can destroy 1 card equipped to it instead.

I'll update with the right set number if it gets accepted, and I'd need to know what number would be right for it, considering I don't know what the previous cards are, or if there's any Normal Monsters planned for the set as of now.

Image:

http://jubjubjedi.deviantart.com/art/Boar-Rider-Level-4-349088689

Nice card, what if it also equipped monsters it destroyed by battle? Flavour-wise, it makes a lot of sense and then when it changes to Defense Position it can simply Summon 1 monster, or make it when it changes battle position. Anyway, I'll add it to the OP.

What other cards do you think I should've added to the OP? Just point them out and I'll add them. I don't want to the only one adding what I like to the OP.

Nice card, what if it also equipped monsters it destroyed by battle? Flavour-wise, it makes a lot of sense and then when it changes to Defense Position it can simply Summon 1 monster, or make it when it changes battle position. Anyway, I'll add it to the OP.

What other cards do you think I should've added to the OP? Just point them out and I'll add them. I don't want to the only one adding what I like to the OP.

If it would still be balanced and not be considered to have too many effects, I could add that n.n

Annnd I don't really know. I just know that I've seen many cards among comments in the club, but didn't really know if it had to do with the OP needing an update, or with X card(s) not meeting certain criteria. Or maybe some cards are not made thinking on the 2 packs? =0

Well, you know what you are doing xD
I do see you around actively.

Again, I'm very sorry about my Inactivity, I'm constantly Busy with Work and other stuff...

[spoiler='For Ain']

Deathbreath Hydra

[DARK/Reptile/8/1800/1500]

If your opponent controls more Monsters than you do, You can Normal Summon this card without Tribute, If you do, Send all other cards you control to the Graveyard, This card gains 500 ATK for each Card Sent this way. If this card declares an attack, Your opponent cannot Activate Trap Cards until the end of the Damage Step. When this card Destroys a monster by battle: Banish cards from the top of the Opponent's Deck equal to the Destroyed Monster's Level. If this card Destroys an Xyz monster by Battle: Banish cards at random from your opponent's Extra Deck equat to it's Rank

[/spoiler]

Archived