Cardmakers' Cabal [CCGs/Cardmaking/Card Design]

Aix

Ah, no problems. It seems that everyone else also seems busy with their lives lately. About Deathbreath, aren't the card is a bit too harsh to you? It seems that eventhough it can be summoned without tributes, it'll still requires you to send a minimum of 2 cards to the grave to even have a decent ATK for its level. Then, the protection effect barely makes up for it, and your opponent can just negate its effect somehow to make you lose the precious ATK buff. Though, the last two effects listed is quite powerful and interesting in my opinion.

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update the Random Booster Spoiler with the following:
1 - Change "Masquerade Magician" to  "The Masquerade Bandit", the card's proper name.
2 - Add Therrion's "Burst Sonic"
3 - Add Ain's "Celestial of the Empty Mind"
4 - Give all cards their respective Set ID in suitable order, that being "CCBP1 - EN0XX"

Random Booster Homework:
1 - Pick 2 out of these two cards to be added to the pack. They will take the positions of CCBP1 - EN006 and CCBP1 - EN007 respectively:
Sleepy's "Santa Compaña Whale"
Kyng's "Liberated Leviathan"
Aix's "Sorcerer of Dark Legend"

2 - Attempt to complete this already given prompt:
[spoiler=Prompts for CCBP1 - EN045 to CCBP1 - EN050]Create 5 related Spells and/or Trap Cards using these given images as prompts:
[spoiler=Image #1]65wFvov.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler=Image #2]Rrg88td.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler=Image #3]6sYMQnk.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler=Image #4]iQYQ1kq.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler=Image #5]UHuBaLW.jpg[/spoiler][/spoiler]

3 - Regarding Cover Art, who objects to the following being the Cover Monster? To be considered once alternatives are provided.
[spoiler=Card Artwork]hJQdANo.jpg[/spoiler][spoiler=Render for Booster Pack]fpJm9Jx.png[/spoiler]

I'll try provide a fix in a moment, for now I'll post my submissions for the 5 Dragun cards:
[spoiler=EN046]OoOuEg0.jpg

Dragon-Type monsters you control gain 200 ATK. While your opponent controls more monsters than you do: You can send this card to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Dragon-Type Monster from your Graveyard.[/spoiler][spoiler=EN047]Z8MUmpM.jpg

Dragon-Type monsters you control gain 200 ATK. When Dragon-Type monster(s) you control would be destroyed by a card effect; send this card to the Graveyard instead.[/spoiler][spoiler=EN048]NkOHD9d.jpg

Dragon-Type monsters you control gain 200 ATK. You can send this card to the Graveyard; Dragon-Type monsters are unaffected by your opponent's Spell or Trap Cards until the End Phase.[/spoiler][spoiler=EN049]ZGFiP4o.jpg

Dragon-Type monsters you control gain 200 ATK. You can send this card to the Graveyard: Target 1 card your opponent controls; Set it if it is not Set, then activate the appropriate effect:
If it is a Monster Card; your opponent cannot Flip Summon that monster.
If it is a Spell or Trap Card; your opponent cannot activate it for 3 of your opponent's turns.[/spoiler][spoiler=EN050]THNeLlL.jpg

Dragon-Type monsters you control gain 200 ATK. Dragon-Type monsters adjacent to this card gain 800 ATK during the Damage Step.[/spoiler]

Currently working on the 3rd Cover Monster!

Wondering if this would be a good idea:

A small 10 card archetype of 5 Field Spells and 5 Monsters. The basis of the archetype is decisions and choices.

The "Decision Matrix" cards, the field cards, will activate on certain ordinary turn events occuring, such as summoning from the Extra Deck, upon which the turn player's opponent selects 1 of a number of options. On all of these, one option will be an increase of life points.

The "Decision Slave" cards, the monsters, will activate their effects when the effect of a Decision Matrix activates, and their controller selects one of a number of options, one of which being to inflict damage to their opponent, preferably the same amount as the field cards give.

[spoiler='Example Turns']

Example Turn 1:

(Decision Matrix X in play, Player 1 controls Decision Slave X, Player 2 controls two Level 4 monsters.)

Player 2 Xyz summons; Decision Matrix X activates.

Effect of Decision Slave X chains.

Controller of Decision Slave X, Player 1, selects to decrease opponent's Life Points.

Player 1, the turn player's opponent, selects to increase his own Life Points.

Example Turn 2:

(Decision Matrix Y in play,  Player 1 controls Decision Slave Y, Player 2 controls no monsters)

Player 1 Summons a monster; Decision Matrix Y activates.

Effect of Decision Slave Y chains.

Controller of Decision Slave Y, Player 1, selects to decrease opponent's Life Points.

Player 2, the Turn Player's opponent, selects to increase his own Life Points back to the same amount.

[/spoiler]

So the idea would be have two matching Decision Matrix and Decision Slave cards on the field so you can survive your opponent using the negative choices of the Field Card, then you can use those against him.

So like I said, there are only two options here for now. These two are both Violet and are meant to work together.

[spoiler='Decision Matrix - Violet']

TaclBdC.jpg

When either player Special Summons a monster from their Extra Deck, the turn player's opponent selects and executes one of the following effects:
•Destroy the Special Summoned monster
•Gain 1000 Life Points

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Decision Slave - Violet']

hzXPPrZ.jpg

Once per turn, when the effect of a "Decision Matrix" card activates, you can select and activate one of the following effects:
•No cards can be destroyed this turn (Damage Calculation is applied normally)
•Your opponent loses 1000 Life Points

[/spoiler]

So as you can see, the idea with these two would be use the effect of Matrix during the opponent's turn to destroy the monster (if it is scary) or just decrease their LP. During your turn then, if you SS from the Extra Deck, you can protect that monster with Slave's effect, or if they choose to increase their LP, decrease it back.

Adjust as you see fit, IMO these two are the best of the ten that I have drafted, but they are certainly incomplete.

[spoiler=RE - Random Booster Project]1 - Can I get feedback on the cards submitted here? http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/307709-cardmakers-cabal-ccgscardmakingcard-design/?p=6304337

2 - I've got two card artworks and renders for the Booster Pack. If you want to add some, add some, but so far the choice is between...
[spoiler=This]sMkxHII.png[spoiler=Render]9d3ku7g.png[/spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler=Or this]hJQdANo.jpg[spoiler=Render]fpJm9Jx.png[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler=RE - Decision Things]Regarding what you stated, the cards wouldn't work like that.

The Decision Slave's effect would activate and resolve before the Decision Matrix, in this instance.

Was this intentional?[/spoiler]

I'll try provide a fix in a moment, for now I'll post my submissions for the 5 Dragun cards:
[spoiler=EN046]OoOuEg0.jpg

Dragon-Type monsters you control gain 200 ATK. While your opponent controls more monsters than you do: You can send this card to the Graveyard; Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Dragon-Type Monster from your Graveyard.[/spoiler][spoiler=EN047]Z8MUmpM.jpg

Dragon-Type monsters you control gain 200 ATK. When Dragon-Type monster(s) you control would be destroyed by a card effect; send this card to the Graveyard instead.[/spoiler][spoiler=EN048]NkOHD9d.jpg

Dragon-Type monsters you control gain 200 ATK. You can send this card to the Graveyard; Dragon-Type monsters are unaffected by your opponent's Spell or Trap Cards until the End Phase.[/spoiler][spoiler=EN049]ZGFiP4o.jpg

Dragon-Type monsters you control gain 200 ATK. You can send this card to the Graveyard: Target 1 card your opponent controls; Set it if it is not Set, then activate the appropriate effect:
If it is a Monster Card; your opponent cannot Flip Summon that monster.
If it is a Spell or Trap Card; your opponent cannot activate it for 3 of your opponent's turns.[/spoiler][spoiler=EN050]THNeLlL.jpg

Dragon-Type monsters you control gain 200 ATK. Dragon-Type monsters adjacent to this card gain 800 ATK during the Damage Step.[/spoiler]

Currently working on the 3rd Cover Monster!

Y u no crop images?

Dragons = Fire Fists

As for Scorn, you have to specify whether it's monsters you currently control (which would be fair) or all monsters you control or will control for the rest of the turn. This card might be troublesome for letting Dragunities untouchable.

Aura doesn't seem very useful since Dragons are already giant beaters.

It'd help if you specified what sort of Decks you might imagine these being used by.

Y u no crop images?

Dragons = Fire Fists

As for Scorn, you have to specify whether it's monsters you currently control (which would be fair) or all monsters you control or will control for the rest of the turn. This card might be troublesome for letting Dragunities untouchable.

Aura doesn't seem very useful since Dragons are already giant beaters.

It'd help if you specified what sort of Decks you might imagine these being used by.

Believe me, many crops were done.

That was the idea, though making the Spells themselves more responsive.

I'll edit that and be sure its focus remains on your own cards.

Aura needs a re-vamp? Alright.

They're aimed to be splashable in Dragon Decks, really. Not much else to say regarding what sort of Deck they'd see use in.

[spoiler=RE - Random Booster Project]1 - Can I get feedback on the cards submitted here? http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/307709-cardmakers-cabal-ccgscardmakingcard-design/?p=6304337

2 - I've got two card artworks and renders for the Booster Pack. If you want to add some, add some, but so far the choice is between...
[spoiler=This]sMkxHII.png[spoiler=Render]9d3ku7g.png[/spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler=Or this]hJQdANo.jpg[spoiler=Render]fpJm9Jx.png[/spoiler][/spoiler][/spoiler][spoiler=RE - Decision Things]Regarding what you stated, the cards wouldn't work like that.

The Decision Slave's effect would activate and resolve before the Decision Matrix, in this instance.

Was this intentional?[/spoiler]

Oh, yeah, wouldnt work exactly as I described there.

But the idea still exists. :P

I described the turn examples properly, dont know why I messed up there.

EDIT: Proper Explanation:

Idea would be that during your turn, you use Slave's effect to protect your monster, and your opponent would then be forced to increase their LP (Or one of the other currently non-existent options).

Then during their turn, you use Slave to decrease their LP back, then use Matrix to destroy the monster.

Make it Your opponent's card effect. In its current state, it's only usable in the end of your MP2.

Wat?

You can use it right before your BP if you want and thus prevent stuff like Dimensional Prison. Your opponent then has the choice to let an attack through and make you either have to waste a card during your MP2 in order to do something or just leave it to your opponent's turn.

Archived