Not Quite Dead Yet|Wight Archetype - Revisiting Old Favorites

Delibirb

This archetype is a series I like to call the "Not Quite Dead Yet." They are based loosely on some of the favorite monsters of original series characters, such as Kaiba, Yugi, and Bakura, as well as its own monsters and the "Wight Gods," remakes of the original God Cards for this set. It is entirely zombie based, and focuses on banishing and graveyard filling.

There are sort of a lot, so I wont be doing my usual card info underneath the picture; just the effect.

[spoiler='The Wight Gods']

HvqwFGJ.jpgbzw5wGw.jpgUtBRhJi.jpg

[spoiler='Wight Sky Dragon']This card cannot be Special Summoned. You must Tribute 3 monsters to Normal Summon this card. This monster's ATK and DEF are equal to the number of "Wight" monsters in your Graveyard x 800. All monsters who do not have "Wight" in their name lose 2000 ATK, and cannot change their battle position.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Wight Tormentor']This card cannot be Special Summoned. You must Tribute 3 monsters to Normal Summon this card. If a "Wight" monster you control is targeted for an ATK; destroy it, and this card gains DEF equal to that monster's ATK until the End Phase of this turn. If 2 "Wight" monsters are destroyed by this card's effect, switch this monster's ATK and DEF, and they remain the same until your next End Phase.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Winged Wight Dragon']This card cannot attack. This card cannot be Normal Summoned (it can still be Set by Tributing 3 monsters). This card can be Special Summoned (from your hand) while "Wight Sky Dragon" or "Wight Tormentor" are in your Graveyard, and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. During your End Phase while this card is face-up on the field, you must destroy any number of cards on the field, then take damage equal to the number of cards destroyed x 1000.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Big Wight Baddies']

18Kl8MD.jpg

[spoiler='Ultimate Wight Dragon']3 Level 8 "Wight" monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned, its Rank becomes 1, and its ATK and DEF are equal to its Rank x 500. You can return any number of your banished "Wight" monsters (max 11) to your Deck to raise this monster's Rank by the number of monsters returned. If this card is Special Summoned from the Graveyard, destroy the card that Summoned it. When this card is destroyed, banish its Xyz Materials.[/spoiler]

WbAnlbB.jpg

[spoiler='Wight Red-Eyed Dragon']When this monster is Normal Summoned, you can add up to 2 "Wight Red-Eyed Dragon" monsters from your Graveyard to your hand. When this card is destroyed, send 1 Zombie-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

tcpatlY.jpg

[spoiler='Dark Wight Magician']When this card is Normal Summoned, you can target 1 monster you control and 1 "Wight" monster in your Deck with the same Level; Shuffle the target into the Deck, and Special Summon the other monster from the Deck.[/spoiler]

Eh7VHX6.jpg

[spoiler='Wight Necrofear']This card cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. This card cannot be Special Summoned except by banishing 3 "Wight" monsters from your Graveyard. Once per turn, you can banish 2 "Wight" monsters from your Graveyard to take control of 1 monster your opponent controls.[/spoiler]

5pWPbAa.jpg

[spoiler='Wight Relink']Once per turn, you can target 1 monster your opponent controls; that monsters ATK is reduced to 100, and this monster gains ATK equal to the amount lost, unless your opponent Tributes the targeted monster.. When this card would be destroyed, you can banish 1 "Wight Relink" monster from your Deck or Graveyard instead. If this card is in your banished zone, you can destroy 1 montser you control, except "Wight Relink" to Special Summon this card in face-down defense position.[/spoiler]

9UZhTwz.jpg

[spoiler='Wight Jinzo']You can send 1 Zombie-Type monster from your Deck to the Graveyard to select 1 Set card your opponent controls; reveal it. If the card is a Trap, destroy it; if it is a Spell, send 1 "Wight" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard.[/spoiler]

j6GkiXt.jpg

[spoiler='Wight Harpie']You can return 1 of your banished "Wight" monsters to the Graveyard to increase 1 face-up monster's Level by 1.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Wight Monsters']

oysWZ9a.jpg

[spoiler='Elephant in Wight']If this defense position monster is destroyed by battle, inflict damage to your opponent's Life Points equal to the difference between the ATK of this monster and the attacking monster.[/spoiler]

A7XQpIT.jpg

[spoiler='Great Wight Shark']FLIP: You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Wight" monster from your Deck in face-up attack position or face-down defense position. If this card is targeted for an attack, you can change it to face-down defense position first.[/spoiler]

oPTKXHQ.jpg

[spoiler='Little Wight Girl']This card cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up, return it to its owner's hand. When this card is Summoned or flipped face-up, you can banish any number of "Wight" monsters from your Graveyard (minimum 3) to target 1 monster your opponent controls; it cannot attack until it leaves the field.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Wight Spell/Trap']

uFbWVJM.jpg

[spoiler='Scattered Wight']Select and add to your hand 5 "Wight" cards from your Deck. During the End phase of this turn, banish your entire hand and Graveyard.[/spoiler]

gFQug1o.jpg

[spoiler='What is Black and Wight?']While this card remains face-up on the field, "Wight" monsters can attack twice per turn. If they do, they cannot declare an attack during your next Battle Phase.[/spoiler]

2dGdPdG.jpg

[spoiler='Wight Execution']Activate during your opponent's Battle Phase. Destroy all monsters your opponent controls who do not attack a "Wight" monster this turn. Also, you take no damage from Battles involving a "Wight" monster this turn.[/spoiler]

4QUxfoH.jpg

[spoiler='Wight Sorcery']When this card is activated, destroy 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls. If this face-down card is destroyed, you can Special Summon up to 2 of your banished "Wight" monsters.[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

So, what is broken? :P

well... I said i'd post a full review. I just didn't think I'd procrastinate this much, so let's get to it! I won't be reviewing the cards that are OK, but in my general overviews I will state the mainflaws that I see on any card in the specified sections

----------------------------------------

The wight gods, as a whole, they're broken, so that's that, but each of them also have simple flaws in them that make them ruling nightmares:

Sky Dragon is the easiest to fix, he has a loophole in his summoning condition that allows him to be set via only 2 tributes, fix that and he'll be good. he's also overpowered, but as a god card, I suppose that's to be expected, so I'll let it slide.

Tormentor has the same issue as above. but he also has no end clause for when the "wight" monster is destroyed, Do they have to be destroyed on the same turn? or at any time during his stay on the field?

Wight dragon is actually really easy to summon. just use laval chain + foolish burial and his condition is set easily the OCG is off too. summoning conditions come first, then other restrictions, then effects. and speaking of effects, you need to specify the timing of it's destruction effect, as it is, it has no set time, so there's no way to know when it's active.

All in all, not bad though.

----------------------------

The wight baddies: "once per turn" needs to be added to a ton of the effects on this part. many of the effects are incredibly abuseable if you don't add "once per turn" to them,

ultimate wight dragon is powerful and fairly well balanced, but i'm not sure it needs it's "destroy the card that summone it" effect. other than that, good job.

Wight necrofear needs a time limit on the control effect. like "until the end of your turn" or something, otherwise it'll just be another broken big-eye.

Relink his effect that saves him from destruction needs to be limited to the graveyard, banishing monsters from your deck, believe it or not Is actually a good thing in most cases, it can't be given to a monster that easily. especially as a survival cost.

Wight Jinzo is good, but the same thing I said about relink applies to his effect in relation to spells.

Wight harpy "once per turn". that is all.

the original monsters these are all really good, elephant restricts monsters that have absurd ATK from killing it via combat, shark is all arount great from what I know of the game. the only issue is that little wight girl is underpowered. you could easily reduce the cost of her effect to 2, or maybe even 1 card banished ad she'd be a really great monster.

I'll review the spells later, but good job on the monsters for the most part.

well... I said i'd post a full review. I just didn't think I'd procrastinate this much, so let's get to it! I won't be reviewing the cards that are OK, but in my general overviews I will state the mainflaws that I see on any card in the specified sections

----------------------------------------

The wight gods, as a whole, they're broken, so that's that, but each of them also have simple flaws in them that make them ruling nightmares:

Sky Dragon is the easiest to fix, he has a loophole in his summoning condition that allows him to be set via only 2 tributes, fix that and he'll be good. he's also overpowered, but as a god card, I suppose that's to be expected, so I'll let it slide.

Tormentor has the same issue as above. but he also has no end clause for when the "wight" monster is destroyed, Do they have to be destroyed on the same turn? or at any time during his stay on the field?

Wight dragon is actually really easy to summon. just use laval chain + foolish burial and his condition is set easily the OCG is off too. summoning conditions come first, then other restrictions, then effects. and speaking of effects, you need to specify the timing of it's destruction effect, as it is, it has no set time, so there's no way to know when it's active.

All in all, not bad though.

----------------------------

The wight baddies: "once per turn" needs to be added to a ton of the effects on this part. many of the effects are incredibly abuseable if you don't add "once per turn" to them,

ultimate wight dragon is powerful and fairly well balanced, but i'm not sure it needs it's "destroy the card that summone it" effect. other than that, good job.

Wight necrofear needs a time limit on the control effect. like "until the end of your turn" or something, otherwise it'll just be another broken big-eye.

Relink his effect that saves him from destruction needs to be limited to the graveyard, banishing monsters from your deck, believe it or not Is actually a good thing in most cases, it can't be given to a monster that easily. especially as a survival cost.

Wight Jinzo is good, but the same thing I said about relink applies to his effect in relation to spells.

Wight harpy "once per turn". that is all.

the original monsters these are all really good, elephant restricts monsters that have absurd ATK from killing it via combat, shark is all arount great from what I know of the game. the only issue is that little wight girl is underpowered. you could easily reduce the cost of her effect to 2, or maybe even 1 card banished ad she'd be a really great monster.

I'll review the spells later, but good job on the monsters for the most part.

Thanks! Ill be sure to add in the OPT clauses, repair the Gods (Or just wipe them out), and upgrade Wight Girl. I eagerly await your review of the spell/traps. :)

Archived