[Sakura Single] Elemental HERO Spear Angel

Flash Flyer - Sakura

RZW9YjA.jpg

1 Tuner monster + 1 or more non-Tuner "Elemental HERO" monsters
If you control another face-up "Elemental HERO" monster: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; Banish that target. You can only use this effect once per turn. Each time this card destroys your opponent's monster by battle and sends it to the Graveyard: It gains 300 ATK until your opponent's next End Phase. If this card would be destroyed by your opponent (either by battle or a card effect), you can banish 1 "Elemental HERO" monster from your Graveyard instead.

TBH, this is actually one of my ideas from a couple years back which I don't think I posted at any point before my break

Like one of the cards I posted when I came back, this is used by a character in an off-site fanfic; except I retooled it so would be more balanced than how I originally made it.

With that said and done, rate/CnC/love/hate/OCG fix, etc.

I believe on the card text it should be...

OCG for the last line: This card commit declare an attack the turn you activate this effect

Something along those lines sounds a little better.

Tbh the card pic ( at last for me) doesn't look like an E hero, I know it's supposed to be a fan fic image but it doesn't scream hero.

As for the effect, I like it and don't think it's broken at all. Seems very well balanced. Props

Remember I made this around 2010-2011 or something (but yeah, not exactly what you'd think of an E-HERO), but don't judge too much on image.

But glad you like the card. (2500/1700 stats is about average for a Level 7 monster, so shouldn't be too OPed)

As for that last line, I think the way I got it now is what PSCT uses (I still haven't gotten completely used to the new OCG); I'll go double check on some of the new cards.

Remember I made this around 2010-2011 or something (but yeah, not exactly what you'd think of an E-HERO), but don't judge too much on image.
But glad you like the card. (2500/1700 stats is about average for a Level 7 monster, so shouldn't be too OPed)

As for that last line, I think the way I got it now is what PSCT uses (I still haven't gotten completely used to the new OCG); I'll go double check on some of the new cards.

Actually I was able to put the image aside :p
Thpe new PSCT does help when trying to figure out how an effect works in a certain situation, however trying to use it in card making is kinda hard to do... So yeah I haven't gotten used to it either.

To be honest, the older text didn't have so much confusion [at least for me in most cases]. I have half a mind to revert back to the 5Ds OCG if things get ugly). I did check Chaos Sorcerer's lore under new PSCT; does say "This card cannot declare attack..." so will edit that after this post.

Anyway, OCG matters aside; this card is in a way similar to Bladedge (except 100 points weaker in both stats + need to Synchro it first, but applies to all E-Hero monsters instead of itself). As for its ATK gaining effect, if it destroys a monster; having 2800 ATK is still relatively average for a Level 7 monster (even though it only lasts until your opponent ends turn).

Or if you look at it another way, this card having 2500 ATK to begin with could tie into how the main character's ace cards have that much.

Anyway, thanks for the comments; hopefully more people have a look and give their critique.

It's kind of meh. 300 Life Points (EDIT: Just realized you can gain infinite LP with this card, change that to a OPT effect) isn't a substantial amount for a Deck that doesn't really swarm that fast enough to utilize this card's effect. It does set up some pretty nice Miracle Fusion fodder, however, which I think was the point of this card. The Piercing Damage is silly; who sets monsters anymore nowadays? Having it change into a 2800 beater is okay, except it doesn't protect itself from destruction effects as your opponent can just Smashing Ground it/Soul Taker it next turn. You could add a "if this card would be destroyed by your opponent's card effect, Banish 1 "Elemental HERO" monster from your Graveyard (or field or wherever)" effect to it so that it's able to at least maintain some field presence. I would change the first effect to something a lot better and less situational, something like "If you control another face-up "Elemental HERO" monster: You can target 1 monster your opponent controls; Destroy that target. You can only use this effect of blah blah blah once per turn".

Yeah, those might work.

Think I made that card back when the meta wasn't as crazy as it is now.

As for its purpose, I made so HEROs could have a Extra Deck monster that can be quickly summoned (if fusion is unavailable; though you need to set up a bit on field); and can be revived if removed from field (which the other ones cannot). The LP gain is meant to be optional/once per turn, though not sure I worded that correctly in the OCG [this is what happens when I see two different ideas about PSCT text; one says to put it in there, other implies it]. (Might increase the LP gain to 500, because the chances are that you won't have a whole field of monsters that'll contribute to this effect)

For the moment though, deleted the Piercing Damage effect; added the new fixes Arin suggested above (except it banishes a monster rather than destroys) and destruction effect includes battle also in the event that it does run into monsters with +2500/2800 ATK, which is likely).

Archived