Vampire Archetype

Since it's almost Halloween I thought I should bring up the upcoming additions to the Vampire archetype. Remember when the only card's in the archetype were Vampire Lord, Lady, Baby, and Curse? Now in the next upcoming TCG pack Shadow Specters we will be seeing more bloodthirsty denizens of the night.

Here are some new vampire cards for reference:

[spoiler=Crimson Knight Vampire Bram]

CrimsonKnightVampireBram-SHSP-JP-SR.png

Rank 5/DARK/Zombie/Xyz/ATK 2500/DEF 0

Lore: 2 Level 5 Zombie-Type monsters

You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 monster in your opponent's Graveyard; Special Summon that target to your side of the field, but if you do, only that monster can attack for the rest of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Crimson Knight Vampire Bram" once per turn. During the Standby Phase of the next turn after this card you controlled was destroyed by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect) and sent to your Graveyard: Special Summon it from the Graveyard in face-up Defense Position.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Vampire Grace]

VampireGrace-SHSP-JP-C.png

Level 6/DARK/Zombie/Effect/ATK 2000/DEF 1200

Lore: While this card is in your Graveyard, when a Level 5 or higher Zombie-Type monster(s) is Special Summoned to your side of the field by a Zombie-Type monster's effect: You can pay 2000 Life Points; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Vampire Grace" once per turn. Once per turn: You can declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap); your opponent sends 1 card of that type from their Deck to the Graveyard.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Shadow Vampire]

ShadowVampire-SHSP-JP-R.png

Level 5/DARK/Zombie/Effect/ATK 2000/DEF 0

Lore: When this card is Normal Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 DARK "Vampire" monster from your hand or Deck, except "Shadow Vampire", but if you do, only that monster can attack for the rest of this turn. This card cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, except for the Xyz Summon of a DARK monster.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Vampire Duke]

VampireDuke-SHSP-EN-OP.png

Level 5/DARK/Zombie/Effect/ATK 2000/DEF 0

Lore: When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 DARK "Vampire" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position. When this card is Special Summoned: You can declare 1 card type (Monster, Spell, or Trap); your opponent sends 1 card of that type from their Deck to the Graveyard. You can only use this effect of "Vampire Duke" once per turn. This card cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, except for the Xyz Summon of a DARK monster.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Vampire Sorcerer]

VampireSorcerer-SHSP-JP-R.png

Level 4/DARK/Zombie/Effect/ATK 1500/DEF 1500

Lore: If this card in your possession is sent to your Graveyard by your opponent's card (either by battle or by card effect): You can add 1 DARK "Vampire" monster or 1 "Vampire" Spell/Trap Card from your Deck to your hand. You can banish this card from your Graveyard; 1 DARK "Vampire" monster you Normal Summon this turn can be Summoned without Tributing.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Vampire Kingdom]

VampireKingdom-JOTL-EN-SR-LE.png

Field Spell

Lore: Zombie-Type monsters gain 500 ATK during damage calculation only. Once per turn, when a card(s) is sent from your opponent's Deck to the Graveyard: Target 1 card on the field; send 1 DARK "Vampire" monster from your hand or Deck to the Graveyard, and if you do, destroy that target.

[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Vampire Takeover]

VampireTakeover-SHSP-JP-C.png

Normal Trap

Lore: If you have no card in your Field Card Zone and all face-up monsters you control (min. 1) are Zombie-Type: Activate 1 "Vampire Kingdom" directly from your Deck, then, you can Special Summon 1 DARK "Vampire" monster from your Graveyard in face-up Defense Position. You can only activate 1 "Vampire Takeover" per turn.

[/spoiler]

Also, the Vampires now have a card who's out to shed their blood.

[spoiler=Vampire Killer]

VampireKiller-SHSP-JP-C.png

Level 4/Dark/Warrior/Effect/ATK 1600/DEF 1600

Lore: At the start of the Damage Step, if this card battles a DARK monster: Destroy that monster.

[/spoiler]

I admit, I am a fan of the vampire. I am a fan of Dracula, Nosferatu, Hellsing, Castlevania, and many more vampire related media (But absolutely not Twilight). I feel these Vampire cards will be a fine addition to the game and I hope to see many more in the future.

Archived