[Sakura] Sumire-Kaen the Magical Destroyer

Flash Flyer - Sakura

h60UBRp.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 2 Spellcaster-Type monsters you control. Once per turn: You can discard up to 2 Spellcaster-Type monsters from your hand; select and destroy the same amount of cards your opponent controls. When a Spellcaster-Type monster destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Target 1 Spell/Trap card in your Graveyard; return it to your hand. If this card would destroyed by your opponent (either by battle or a card effect): You can banish 1 Spell/Trap card in your Graveyard instead.

[spoiler=Original]

k3ZrQEe.jpg

Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Must first be Special Summoned (from your hand) by banishing 2 Spellcaster-Type monsters you control. Once per turn: You can discard up to 2 Spellcaster-Type monsters from your hand; select and destroy the same amount of cards your opponent controls. When another Spellcaster-Type monster you control destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Draw 1 card. If this card would destroyed by your opponent (either by battle or a card effect): You can banish 1 Spell/Trap card in your Graveyard instead.[/spoiler]

Image Credit: http://aniworld.spb.ru/uploads/posts/2009-02/1233854122_signum7.gif

(I got the original stock pic from here, but I did the rest of the image on my own. If you'd like it, then shoot me a PM)

Anyway, you know what to do with this: Rate/love/hate/CnC/OCG fix, etc.

(P.S. The name Sumire-Kaen translates into "Violet Flame" in Japanese)

Good reviews/CnC will receives reps

I see what you did there.

Spellbooks, pretty much. Though, they don't really care all that much for the battle destruction and drawing off of it. If there was perhaps a more aggressive style of Spellbooks that didn't rely on High Priestess (which exists somewhere), then it would be okay, but why bother dropping this when 2 High Priestesses will win you the game? The nuke is crazy good and lets Life (Spellbook of Life) be less dead. Maybe making it a Level 8 with 2700 ATK would allow for better Xyz options in said Deck, so they don't have to go with the same boring play each time?

As a sidenote, I was designing this card w/out Spellbooks/Prophecy in mind (but yeah this would do well with them).

I changed its Level to 8; ATK is now 2800 and its effect is changed from drawing cards to recycling Spells (which might be a bit more useful than drawing another card). I actually considered making it Level 8 to begin with; but didn't want to make this fuel Rank 8 spam so that's why I put it at Level 6 to start.

Anyway, thank you for the comments (+ liked).

Hopefully, more people comment (I do appreciate the CnC that comes into this)

Archived