[spoiler=Steelix Line]095.jpg208.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Scizor Line]123.jpg212.jpg212mega.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Tyranitar Line]l6vv.jpgncur.jpg492t.jpglwnz.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=(NEW!) Blaziken Line]255.jpg256.jpg257.jpg257mega.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Aggron Line]qgdg.jpgq1cg.jpg4cd4.jpg1y73.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Deoxys]sddn.jpgebpf.jpg9sqy.jpg8e8a.jpg[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Garchomp Line]8lgi.jpgzk24.jpgu185.jpg4ic7.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Lucario Line]447.jpg448.jpg448mega.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem]rtnv.jpgocxq.jpg3m0p.jpgo5ra.jpgje2n.jpg[/spoiler]

Support (Spells and Traps)

[spoiler=Mega Stone]uwlu.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Legendary Encounter]nu3s.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Rare Candy]5c3m.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Wonder Trade]wondertrade.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Metal Coat]Metalcoat.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=(NEW!) Weather]raindance.jpghail.jpgsnadstorm.jpgsunnyday.jpg[/spoiler]

[spoiler=(NEW!) Revive]revive.jpg[/spoiler]

Let me know what you'd like to see next!

Thanks for looking!

As an alternative, you could make the megastone a spell with an effect that summons the appropriate Xyz? For example:

You can only activate this card if you control a face-up Level 8 monster. Special Summon 1 "Mega" Xyz monster from your Extra Deck and if you do, attach this card and 1 Level 8 Monster you control to that Xyz Monster as Xyz Materials.

That is, of course, without any necessary restrictions (may be wise to, say, negate the summoned monsters effect until the End Phase, and maybe prevent you using more than 1 per turn as well).

The biggest "OP" aspect of the rest of the cards comes in their ease of summoning. For example:

Summon Charmander.

Trigger Double Summon; play second Charmander.

Wait until next Standbye Phase.

Tribute both Charmanders to summon 2 Charmeleons.

Tribute both Charmeleons to summon 2 Charizards.

Enter Main Phase 1.

Activate Lightning Vortex or similar.

Enter Battle Phase.

Trigger both Charizards' effects.

Attack with both for 8000 damage.

OTK.

I would recommend the following steps to get the cards back on track, then others can help you finish them up:

1. Make them all part of one archetype (e.g. "Pokemon Bulbasaur", "Pokemon Charmeleon"). This will also help with limiting the Megastone, (e.g. "[...] if you control a face-up Level 8 "Pokemon" monster.").
  2. Give them all the following restriction:

You cannot activate this card's effect during the Standbye Phase it was Special Summoned by the effect of a "Pokemon" monster. You can only use the effect of 1 "Pokemon" monster each Standbye Phase.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for bringing up that loop. I hadn't considered that. What if I change all the middle stage Pokemon to something like this:

During your Standby Phase, your can tribute this card to Special Summon 1 "Charizard" from your Hand (You can not activate this effect the same turn this card was Summoned).

For Mega Stone, that effect sounds good. Consider this revision, though:

You can only activate this card if you control a face-up Level 8 monster. Special Summon 1 "Mega" Xyz monster from your Extra Deck and if you do, attach this card and 1 Level 8 Monster you control with the same name to that Xyz Monster as Xyz Materials.

I wouldn't want someone to use "Charizard" and "Mega Stone" to make "Mega Garchomp", lol. Should I change the listed materials on the Mega cards to just "2 Level 8 monsters", since Mega Stone will no longer be a monster?

As for giving them an Archetype and balancing them with real cards, that's not really a concern. As long as they're balanced within themselves. I'll be making lots more support cards once I've got most of the monsters done.

Thanks for pointing out my own mistake!  :D

As for revision on the summoning effects, that would prevent them evolving through all the stages at once, so would probably do the job; though my recommended revision also prevented you from doing more than 1 evolution per turn - which would stop you from just "Cost Down" + "Double Summon"ing 2 Charmeleons, then hitting 2 Charizards next turn (remember, they've got 8000 ATK between them when their effect is in play!). It really depends on how much you're willing to lower their general power levels to deal with the OPness, but your solution does deal with the loop.

As for the materials, that would just make them easier to summon, probably resulting in the overall set being even more OP. Instead, I would recommend one of these choices:

1. Replace the materials with a cost. For example, making the first change shown below.
  2. Or, setting the materials to something more generic so it can still be run as a normal Xyz, but is less powerful, maybe the second change below.

"Venusaur" + "Mega Stone"

This card cannot be Summoned, except by the effect of "Mega Stone".

"Venusaur" + 1 Level 8 "Pokemon" monster.

If this card was not summoned by the effect of "Mega Stone"; negate it's effect.

"Venusaur" + "Mega Stone"

This card cannot be Summoned, except by the effect of "Mega Stone".

That works for me. I would have written that first but I wasn't entirely sure if that was proper OCG.

I'll work on these changes now. I'll see what I can do about the Charizard OTK haha. Tyranitar line will be next to come out...

EDIT: Updates are completed and Tyranitar Line is posted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived