King of the Feral Imps

Ahh, my little friend King of the Feral Imps. Question is though: he's the king of the feral imps, but can't search them... is that considered irony? Or something else...
Anyway, I love how this thing sets up Kagetokage and masked chameleon. Although this thing goes best in aliens using a rabbit engine.

Card is so good.

Reptiles have some cool cards, but their Decks tend to be pretty mediocre. This card enables you to search ANY Reptile, and it's a generic Rank 4 Xyz. Kagetokage and Masked Chameleon are probably the most playable options, and I run one of these in my Heraldic Beast Rank-Up Deck, to grab my Kagetokages, and get an even bigger bonus if Leo was the detached Material, as King gives me set-up for another Rank 4 next turn.

Unappreciated value of this card's 2300 ATK and being DARK. It kills Catastor (I know Catastor isn't as major this format as it used to be, but still).

Except Feral Imp is a Fiend.  Unless you're trying to imply Feral Imp -> Des Feral Imp -> King of the Feral Imps.

I'm well aware of the naming.

So then why the hell are you asking?

The TCG has to keep names like this consistent on the off chance the OCG decides to make an archetype. Thus this has to be King of the Feral Imps, on the off chance that it happens.

While Gremlin in the OCG in't necessarily linked to Des Feral Imp, they still share a name that has to be consistent. Same applies here.

So then why the hell are you asking?

The TCG has to keep names like this consistent on the off chance the OCG decides to make an archetype. Thus this has to be King of the Feral Imps, on the off chance that it happens.

While Gremlin in the OCG in't necessarily linked to Des Feral Imp, they still share a name that has to be consistent. Same applies here.

Are you really that dense?  The question was "Why is it Reptile?"  The original Feral Imp aka Gremlin is Fiend.  If you're trying to make claims that the King of the Feral lmps is related to the Des Feral Imp, then sure (or other evolution of the original Feral Imp which became Reptile in the way Yugioh tries to link cards together).

Why are you trying to answer questions when you don't understand what's being asked?

[quote name="darkwolf777" post="6292958" timestamp="1382588279"]Are you really that dense?  The question was "Why is it Reptile?"  The original Feral Imp aka Gremlin is Fiend.  If you're trying to make claims that the King of the Feral lmps is related to the Des Feral Imp, then sure (or other evolution of the original Feral Imp which became Reptile in the way Yugioh tries to link cards together).   Why are you trying to answer questions when you don't understand what's being asked?[/quote] I'm not dense. I'm explaining that "Gremlin" as in Feral Imp, is not inherently linked to Kingremlin. In the TCG they're absolutely linked, but in the OCG, they're just naming it after the monsters that started as fuzzy creature and then became a reptilian horror. Could Des Feral Imp be an actual upgrade? Sure, but in that case, the link between Feral Imp and this is plain as day and doesn't need asking. If you were asking "why is It a reptile", why didn't you say that? Clarify what you're saying, because you didn't ask what you intended, at all. You ask why it was King of the Feral Imps, not why it was a reptile, so I explained that Gremlin is not, inherently, related to this card beyond a reference to a creature I pop culture.

I'm not dense. I'm explaining that "Gremlin" as in Feral Imp, is not inherently linked to Kingremlin. In the TCG they're absolutely linked, but in the OCG, they're just naming it after the monsters that started as fuzzy creature and then became a reptilian horror. Could Des Feral Imp be an actual upgrade? Sure, but in that case, the link between Feral Imp and this is plain as day and doesn't need asking. If you were asking "why is It a reptile", why didn't you say that? Clarify what you're saying, because you didn't ask what you intended, at all. You ask why it was King of the Feral Imps, not why it was a reptile, so I explained that Gremlin is not, inherently, related to this card beyond a reference to a creature I pop culture.

Not adding fuel to a fire here, but the question was, verbatim "Why is King of the Feral Imps a Reptile again?"

That was not asking why it's King of the Feral Imps.

It seems like a very good idea to drop that element of the discussion, though, since it's becoming a bit of a fight more than a discussion.

Not adding fuel to a fire here, but the question was, verbatim "Why is King of the Feral Imps a Reptile again?"

That was not asking why it's King of the Feral Imps.

It seems like a very good idea to drop that element of the discussion, though, since it's becoming a bit of a fight more than a discussion.

When I clicked the quote button, it didn't say the reptile prt, so the core issue seems to have stemmed from an edit too little too late and me not reading what I actually quoted after hitting the button.

When I clicked the quote button, it didn't say the reptile prt, so the core issue seems to have stemmed from an edit too little too late and me not reading what I actually quoted after hitting the button.

Or you read it how you wanted to read it and not what it actually said.  I did not edit the post.

Let's get back to the topic, shall we?

The card is good, there's no argument there. I have a Heraldic Beast Deck where I use this IRL, the same way Evilfusion uses it.

Leo makes it a +1 with a 2300 ATK body, and if the other material is also a Leo, you could say this is a +2 by the time your opponent takes it down.

Then it can single-handedly search for one of the best Tuners out there, which in turn gives the player so many choices. Rank 4s, field nuke, generic Synchros of a relative range of Levels, etc.

Personally, I'm not such a great fan of these kinds of cards. Searching effects should be +0s at best in return for being searchers, and although searching by itself is a mechanic that adds consistency and toolbox capabilities to the game, it also decreases the element of "Look at the play I just pulled!" that I casually enjoy having around, because decks become too consistent and cookie-cutter.

The card is good, there's no argument there. I have a Heraldic Beast Deck where I use this IRL, the same way Evilfusion uses it.

Leo makes it a +1 with a 2300 ATK body, and if the other material is also a Leo, you could say this is a +2 by the time your opponent takes it down.

Then it can single-handedly search for one of the best Tuners out there, which in turn gives the player so many choices. Rank 4s, field nuke, generic Synchros of a relative range of Levels, etc.

And that's assuming you didn't make it with Advanced Heraldry Art, in which case plusses keep coming. Or did people decide AHA was a bad card while I was asleep?

Archived