Paladins of Emeralda [IC/Started/Accepting Villains Only!]

Kōsuke Ueki

1z4k8rm.jpg

[hr]

Pre-Saga: The War-Torn Kingdom!

Destruction is all around the Royal Castle, rubble falling down around every corner.

It has become an instant war zone the moment the ominous black fog pushed back to the Royal Gates. Many warriors were being treated for injuries, while others were already being slain. The body count was impossible to know, and even the blood of the dead was used to write profanity on still-standing walls. What was also mainly seen, was fire. Everything besides the castle itself was up in flames. The horror that is the Garnet Syndicate is in fact the ones responsible. The timing was perfect. If only the people didn't reject their only guardians, or else the lives of millions wouldn't be at risk.

Multiple knights clad in black-like armor, known as the Obsidian soldiers, were grouped up in one area that leads to the Royal Gates. Forced to follow orders, they began to slowly walk up to some of the innocent maids who have survived the massacre. The women were in sheer terror, unable to fight back as they would die instantly. As they got closer, sadistic smiles crept over the soldiers' faces as the maids whimpered in fear and closed their eyes. And just before they were struck down, the soldiers heard an explosion from in front of them. Out of the smoke as a result of said explosion, came a man in knight-like armor, his face covered by a special helmet.

It was Tsunugai Tamashī, one of the new generation of Paladins, sword and shield ready. The other Paladins were off on another area of the castle, ready to push back the forces of the Gore one by one. Divide and conquer. "Your time is up, and now's the time for you to pay your debt..." he said to them with utter confidence. The Obsidian soldiers rush for Tsunugai, but he reacts accordingly. He first dodges one soldier, grabbing the spear of another and pushing it away as he stabbed the soldier in the neck.

He continues to dodge the soldiers, even bashing one with his shield. After some rough-housing with the small group that was there, he proceeded to advance. Turning around a corner, Tsunugai noticed more Obsidian soldiers finishing off other warriors. Giving himself the perfect opportunity, Tsunugai casted a very special spell. It was an impairment spell. It blinds enemies, cuts their hearing and impairs their motor skills. By doing so, Tsunugai was able to slaughter them in a short amount of time.

Next thing he knew, he saw more coming at him. But he was prepared and casted a chain lightning spell on them...

Tsunugai panted slightly, hoping everyone else was doing better than he is. "I know you guys well; don't let everyone down."

[hr]

Meanwhile, in an unknown location, there was a dark room. It was filled with nothing but a round table that had a magical viewing globe, along with chairs surrounding it. Each chair had a member of the Garnet Syndicate. While in the harder-to-see areas of the room, there appeared to be 3 thrones. With those thrones, lied 3 silhouettes whom of which could not be seen. They are the Bloodshed Generals, their presence only known for the purpose of choosing who should go if Gore were to fail. But that has yet to be seen, as for many other things as a result of this new war.

The silhouette on the right, formely the second-strongest, was in deep thought. He wouldn't have expected this to be so easy. But that's when he saw the unexpected. A Paladin. "So, it appears that we have some resistance after all. Though to be fair, they are still nothing against Gore. That, I can assure." The leader, the silhouette in the middle, was silent as he looked at the other speaking. He growled slightly in annoyance. "Don't get cocky. We have yet to see what they can do." He then turned his attention to those spectating the battle. "My dearest allies, tell me what you think of this situation?"

The leader then waited for his Garnet Syndicate members at the viewing globe to give their thoughts so far.

"I must restate my distaste for Gore's methods."  The voice rang out from a man seated fairly close to the viewing globe who stood a full six feet in height and was armored predominately in white with red trim here and there for style.  A helmet bearing massive horns sat in front of him on the table, and as such that hard set face surrounded by long brown locks of his was visible.  In the light from the viewing globe, his blood red eyes gleamed brightly.  This was the Britannian King, Moderatus Draconicus.  "The brute enters a city and kills at random, as do the soldiers he commands.  He's little more than a Barbarian, and trust me I am familiar with the type. He should not have been the one heading the assault upon the Emeraldan Capital, rather if we were to use him at all he should have been left roaming the countryside to distract the enemy's forces.  But then that's my two pence, you've heard it before, and it changes nothing about the current situation.  As for opinions that do matter, I cannot say I expect Gore to fair well against these...Paladins."  When Moderatus said the word, it was practically as one would a swear.

"In the mean time," the Britannian King rose to his feet and turned to directly address the three silhouettes that were his superiors in the endeavor which the Garnet Syndicate found itself in, "I have decided a course of action for myself and the legions I command."

With that, he removed a rolled-up piece of parchment from his belt and placed it on the table.  Unfamiliar as he was with the viewing globe's function he did not attempt to bring the city about which he intended to speak on it.  Rather, the parchment was a map of Emeralda, specifically a certain major city and the surrounding countryside.

"I will be moving to conquer the city of Topazion.  As you are no doubt aware, due to its location along the trade routes into the mineral rich mountains this city has become very wealthy, and capturing it would grant us control of the mineral wealth of Emeralda.  I do not believe I need to explain why this would be beneficial to us."  And with that he stood, his hand resting upon the white pommel of that massive blade of his, currently resting in its scabbard at his side.  Of course he intended to make this move whether the others approved or not, but he wanted to give the lot of them a chance to critique or enter into the plan themselves.  And of course he wanted to give the leader of their little confederation, the man to whom he had sworn loyalty in this endeavor, the chance to make any direction he saw fit.

The man in the ironically emerald-tinted cloth spoke next. He spent the passing time greedily watching the globe and drumming his fingers incessantly, itching to go out there and fight the castle himself. He stood up before even speaking. His meager 5'10" stature wasn't exactly bearing a strong presence, but his giant gauntlets were intimidating enough to make up for the difference. Not to mention his seemingly soulless pale blue eyes. "I think we should strike Diamoria instead, as it is the mecca of great inventors, so becoming the technology capital of the world. Raiding the city of its most prized and effective devices would surely lend us but a thousand hands in our effort against the crown."

He leaned on the table, propping himself up with his hands. His face, currently not masked by his hood and collar, lit up in the light of the globe, the few scars on his face barely visible. He had short white hair, cut in that special way the old guard's dress code enforced. Old habits die hard.

"Personally, though," he paused for emphasis, "I think it would've been wiser to let me lead the attack on the castle myself. My forces are highly trained and they can take out an armada without losing a single man, no matter how small our numbers are." His squad was indeed the smallest in number of soldiers, but he trained them personally in the art of close combat. He could tell them to seize the front gate of the royal castle, and they would do it in less time than it took for Mod to finish his rants. Why he wasn't leading the assault he didn't know, but he had a feeling his history with the place had something to do with it.

"Hm..." The leader was in deep thought the moment Moderatus started to leave for Topazion. "You have a point, so carry on." He then heard Amethal speak in arrogance again. "You would be wise to remember your place, Amethal. Gore is mearly a challenge to them. Isn't that right?" "He wanted to do a mission on his own with my soldiers, so I gave him a chance to prove himself. Though, to be fair, I have yet to know what he will do. He has yet to control the Glory. He might become consumed by it if he attempts to summon it." Suddenly, a member watching the viewing globe, his face covered by shadows, was in deep thought as well.

"Hm, so the former prisoner has found a new hobby..." he said without much thought. "What are going on about now, Leon?" "Oh, nothing. But, if you would allow me, I would like to go after Moderatus when he's finished." "That depends on if he does well. I wouldn't be surprised if Gore was killed before he knew what would become of him." "Regardless, Gore will be useful when I begin my onslaught." "There will be a time and place for all that later. Let's focus on what is going on now. Which reminds me. Leon, why do you wish to go after Moderatus?" The one known as Leon gave a sadistic smile and a slight chuckle.

"I have intentions to attract a certain Kuroichi..."

The woman fully cloaked in loose, black garments, who was standing in the shadows, spoke after Leon, asking "If Gore fails, what shall we do about the assault on the castle?" "With Moderatus and Amethal wishing to capture other cities, shall I capture one myself? Or would sending my Hellions be enough to capture the mystical city of Rubian? If we capture Rubian, as you know, most of the "nobles" and wizards of the "City of Magic" could be of use to us, as hostages or, we could rally them against the kingdom. The city is also connected to an extremely rich mining outpost, which we can gather magical gems and ores from. " She turned towards Amethal and said, after thinking for a moment, to him and the leader, "If you do wish for either of us to conquer a city, would it be wise for Amethal and I to team up and attack Diamoria? Or should we conquer Rubian?

She looked at Amethal and the leaders, and awaited responses with a dark look in her eyes.

A massive, apparently horn-bearing silhouette of a man moved its arm to stroke his chin in thought before speaking his piece, "Rubian, you say? I haven't had the opportunity to lead my men in the rout of a congregation of mystics. It could pose an interesting challenge," the sonorous flow of his voice was followed with a thoughtful sigh before continuing, "My vote for the best plan of action falls in line with the suggestion toward the City of Magic. If we take out their mages, only the Paladins really pose even the smallest of threats. It's merely good strategy. My recommendation for leading officer in this course is myself, obviously. If you deem it absolutely necessary, I would not agonize over the possibility of cooperating with one of my colleagues." The imposing figure leaned back in his chair near the table's head, waiting for further instruction or discussion.

Amethal brushed off his superior's rectifying and stared into the globe in intense thought for a few seconds before coming to a calculated option. "If Gore fails, I will rally my troops to forward the attack. Rubian's powerful magic resources should be next priority. The mages there will be a formidable defense, so I recommend both you-" he looked at the women who spoke to him, "-and Mod take your forces to seize the city. If Gore is successful in his siege, I will take my forces to Diamoria." He stopped his thought flow to let the others have their input on the idea.

The second-in-command sighed. I'm going to miss their eagerness to take over this world... he thought. Next thing he knew, a dark spirit came forth from the viewing globe, demonic in nature, and very, very angry. "ENOUGH!! This bickering will get you all nowhere! I will decide who goes after Moderatus, who shall be leaving for Topazion immediately." The spirit then faded away, revealing the battle in Rubal once more. The leader didn't say a word, but knew that he needed to be in control of the situation before all hell breaks loose.

"The Dark One is right. He will decide who goes next. And if He chooses to allow more than one of you to go, He has his reasons. Now, I suggest all of you keep calm for the moment. The fun has yet to begin." "Indeed. Besides, we all know that Gore will pass the time while Moderatus begins his slaughter." There was then a short silence, not knowing of what else to speak of. Then, the second-in-command remembered something. "Isn't there an heir to the Emeraldan throne after Marius?" "Seth Regnius? He isn't important as of yet. There will be a time and place for him soon."

The second-in-command then turned his attention towards the third in command, whose size was nearly half of the other two. "You've been awfully quiet. Is there something on your mind?"

A large, lance-holding silhouette wearing blood-stained armor with a good amount of blue, looks at the others. "Hmm,the others bring up strong pionts, considering our numbers, the Mages of Rubian and the technological power of Diamoria in a matter of days or not less without expending all of our troops." Zi'on took a deep breath then exhaled before continuing on, "My knights and myself shall request to assist Moderatus in the taking of Topazion, if we can cut their resources then they will eventually run out of minerals to equip their armies. The less equipment they can make, the easier their blood will spill." Zi'on takes a step back then takes a quick look at the globe, and examines it.

"Another idea would be to attack their farmlands and cut off their food supply. An army can only go so far without restocking, before their food supply runs dry. Add on, if the cannot get food to feed their men, they will be forced to starve lowering morale, or take food from the public. And once the public starts running low on food, distrust of the people and the paladins will become greater. This can cause several scenarios to play out such the paladins will become distracted by trying to appease the people or a rebellion by the starving pubic."

Zi'on then goes silent and walks back to his original position, seeing how the others will receive his plans of action.

"Another idea can suffice, Zi'On. The city of Zircon is the main area in which the entire land of Emeralda is supplied with not only all the agriculture and crops, but the main source in which the food supplies of the army are sent from. So, you can go there yourself. Moderatus can handle himself. Divide, and conquer. Simple as that." The leader then stayed silent while the second-in-command didn't get a response from the third-in-command. Hm, I probably shouldn't interrupt her thinking if she isn't willing to respond right away... he thought.

After that, all fell silent until someone else was willing to respond.

[hr]

Meanwhile, in an ancient tower on a small island off the coast of Emeralda, there was a man, clad in blue armor which was lined with a thin trim of clear crystals, was hard at work training himself in the arts of the arcane. He got up from his chair when he heard a familiar sound; the sound of his messenger pigeon landing on his window. He walked over to it to retrieve the letter it had brought him. "No!" he said aloud as he saw the seal on the envelope. It was the Emeraldian battle seal, which immediately indicated to him that the kingdom was in a state of terror or frenzy. Once he got to the note, he realized the situation was far dire than he had thought. After he send the pigeon back with a note confirming his return to the kingdom, he began to pack his supplies. "I'm coming Father, to save you and the kingdom." And he then began the journey by boat to return to the kingdom, hopefully in time to save as many lives as he could.

[hr]

Aria looked down upon the puny people, watching as the two factions tore each other apart. It was sad really, especially to watch what happened to the innocent townspeople caught in between their selfish fight. 

Her new favorite pasttime had become flinging random bursts of energy down onto particularly violent areas to clear it out, and (the more important part) watch the stupid soldiers scramble to find were it came from. She had no sympathy for the soldiers whose choice it was to fight, so if they died it was of no concern to herself. 

Having become bored she now floated over what she called the 'Black Camp', because of all the black armoured soldiers that came out of it. The young witch watch as people scrambled about, taking no notice of her high above them. She took particular notice though of a blonde figure being dragged throughout the camp. To high up to actually identify figure, she choose simply to watch and see how the situation would play out. 

----

Cashmere quivered again finding himself in the custody of a powerful force. After all the work he had done to escape the governor, he was no again trapped, and these people may even return him into the governor's hands. He shuddered at the thought. 

The black clad soldiers finally laid him to rest at the feet of a lavishly dressed man who eyes him with beady, but hungry eyes. 

"What is this?" the man mused over the crumpled form in front of him.

"A young boy we found at the outskirts of the city," one of the black clad soldiers said in a cold voice, "we were going to kill him, but the welp begged for his life saying he could be useful."

"Hmm, we should allow the final decision to be left to the leaders," the lavish man dismissed the two guards before turning his long beak-like nose down on Cashmere, "you will come with me." Quietly Cashmere followed the man who scuttled along until they finally reached a large tent. "Go in beg for your life, and maybe they will spare you." With that the man simply left.

Cashmere glanced around nervously and considered running from these terrifying people, but steeled his resolve know why he had come. He'd find Velvet, and then... what...? What exactly did he hope to accomplish by finding his brother. He could never return home... well there would be plenty of time to decide later.

Entering the tent Cashmere looked around tentatively to the figures shrouded in shadow.

"I- I am Cashmere A-Anerkyl," said the dancer taking a low and submissive pose, "I have come to p-pledge my service to you as a h-humble servant."  

A little girl was sitting down all by herself, unconcerned and seemingly not noticing the incredibly dark members all around her.a bunny doll. The way her legs moved to and fro, she might've been imagining about something. Maybe she was thinking about getting a new toy? Or maybe she wanted to go out into the fields and play? Whatever the case, instead of paying close attention to the certainly very extremely important meeting the other members of this dark organization were having, as they discussed matters concerning war and land, she did not participate.

"You've been awfully quiet. Is there something on your mind?"

It sounded like the second-in-command. With a yawn, she turned towards him, but gave no answer. But by her look, it would've been easy for an ordinary person to know that 'ohhh, she's just bored! Haha!'. Of course, nobody in the Garnet Syndicate would ever say such an ordinary, casual, and silly thing, neither would they ever think that a member would ever allow themselves to become sleepy or bored in the middle of a meeting - and of course, she did have a good reason.

"Guuuys, you shouldn't go and slaughter people~" She told everyone else with a yawn.

If this were a business meeting between ordinary adults, then she would be the unimportant daughter whose presence was unneeded and whose opinion held absolutely no weight. But this was not anything like that, this was the core of the Garnet Syndiate, wherein only the most professional warriors could be. But as for her, she was out of place. She was a little girl in a ragged dress, utterly normal in every possible way. There was no way she could be here. Her opinion should mean nothing. Her everything should mean nothing. In fact, she should have been killed the very second she set foot into this large room.

And yet, she was Mnemo. The third-in-command, as proven by her lying in the third throne of the Bloodshed Generals. The little girl who had stayed the same age for as long as the other members could remember, and whose presence remained unexplained.

"Apart from that," she continued, "I think Goro-goro will probably try to do something stupid. He's shown to be a little thick, like Moda-moda said, but it's probably for the best that he's the one to attack the royal castle. I like him! He has potential!"

Then, just as a strangely-dressed young man stumbled into their meeting, the little girl flicked her right hand and a dark brick wall suddenly built itself out of nowhere in front of him, blocking his view of the meeting and leaving him to talk from behind it. That way, the privacy of the meeting was preserved, and at the same time, this might've been the very first time she demonstrated what she was capable of in front of the others - assuring them that she did have powers - and having seemingly created an object out of thin air, it was certainly impressive.

"Hello, Annerkyl!" Mnemo greeted in a childish tone, even though neither of them could see the other like this. "Come to pledge your service? Ummm, I dunno, what do you think, guys?"

[hr]

I hope none of these soldiers are female, Velvet thought absentmindedly, using his sickle-sword to cut down several Obsidian soldiers one after another with quick slashes as he moved swiftly from place to place, defending the royal gates. This is hopeless. There's no end to them!

It was a miracle that he had managed to survive for as long as he did, and with every human warrior that fell against the advancing black fog, he only became more and more sickened by the scene. Out of all of the Paladins defending the royal castle, he must've been the only one using absolutely no magic, though it was only because it wasn't necessary for him to use it yet, and he could still afford to hold back some energy. After all, he had to conserve his mana for another man, one whom was definitely present somewhere amongst the battlefield.

He had been present by the gates since it started, dodging the flames all the while, but so far the man responsible for all this hadn't shown himself yet. This fact was frustrating, and just as he cut down a few more Obsidian warriors, he screamed at the gates; "GORE, YOU FOUL DEMON! SHOW YOURSELF ALREADY!"

"As the 'Dark One' said, I shall be leaving for Topazion immediately."  Moderatus, already standing, was in fact about to turn and leave, after a moment spared to collect his helm of course, when a brick wall appeared more or less from nowhere at the will of their third-in-command.  Honestly, he was quite fond of the mysterious little girl who had somehow taken that leadership position.  She acted as the group's moral compass in many cases, but this new display of power from her intrigued him.  Regardless, the Britannian King made to place that horned helm upon his head before answering Mnemo's question of what they thought about the curious young man.

"Young man, judging by your attire you are either a dancer by trade,"  He began, an armored hand moving to rest where his chin would have been were it not for the armor covering it,  "or else an assassin.  I need not explain the usefulness of the latter of the two possibilities, but the former has its own uses.  Primarily performances to keep morale high.  Whatever the case may be, I find no reason that your entrance should be refused."  He smiled behind the visor of his helm, still facing the exit which was not exactly blocked to him.  

"In the mean time, perhaps it would be beneficial to have multiple cities under attack at once.  Allow Zi'On to make his attack against the farmlands, Viariun and Eskay to strike at the city of mages, and let Amethal have his fun with the inventors.  I and my forces are sufficiently strong that we can besiege Topazion alone, as you know I have nine thousand soldiers willing to die for me if I but ask."  And with that, the Bastard king made his exit from that room past the young man who had entered moments ago.  He had little care if he was recognized, as he would be making his appearance on the field of battle soon enough.

As he exited the command structure in the Garnet Syndicate camp, a brief incantation paired with the clasping of hands as if in prayer brought a beam of light down from the heavens.  The light increased to blinding brightness, before a massive creature was revealed as it ceased.  A horse of size befitting the king's own significant stature with a crimson coat clad in armor of the purest white, much like Moderatus himself, was left where the light had struck the ground and trotted towards the king.  It nudged his helm, and the gesture was returned with an affectionate pat on its cheek before the rider made his way around to climb into the saddle.  As the Britannian King took the reins of his steed, the creature galloped straight ahead and then leaped into the air with a massive pair of wings spreading.  His own forces, armored like him in the purest white, were camped away from the rest of the Garnet Syndicate.  In fact, they were already camped in the plains leading to the fortified city that was Topazion.  On the crimson wings of his steed, Moderatus made time that no other mortal could hope to and was on schedule to arrive at his army's camp before the day was out.

"It seems there is no more need of me here, I shall take my leave to prepare my assault of Zircon," Zi'on shortly exited the room. As Zi'on walked 10 feet out of the command room, another knight in crimson armor walked up to Zi'on and stated: "Sir, all forces are ready to move out to the Royal c-" Zi'on quickly interrupted "Our objective will be the city of agriculture, Zircon, go and fetch my steed so we shall leave immediately. Do not disappoint me, Gon, you know the fate of those that disappoint me." To Gon's luck his helm shrouded his fear as Zi'on spoke his work, "Right away sir, we shall depart immediately."  Gon quickly run off to inform Zi'on army of his plans and obtain the horse. 

Roughly 10 minutes later, Zi'on mounted a large horse wearing crimson armor, Zi'on turned his horse slowly facing his force of 1,000 armored knights armed with either lances, axes, bows, or swords. "As you know we will be assaulting Zircon, we are to capture this as a base for the Garnet Syndicate , kill all who resistant, capture those who do not wish to fight. They will be forced to work as slaves for the Garnet Syndicate, with all of their food being use only for advancement of our goals. Do not, I repeat do not let anyone escape, whether it be elder, women, or child kill them on sight if they dare to escape our grasp. Do you all understand." In unison, all the knights replied "Yes sir!" without hesitation. "Alright knights,  for the Garnet Syndicate!" Zi'on  maneuvered his horse facing the direction of Zircon begin the march. The knights quickly followed suit of their commander marching in a box formation.   

"I can station the Hellions near Rubian at anytime, but before I do, it must be decided. Strike now or at night?" she walked towards the viewing globe and brought up a full view of Rubian. "As you can see, the gates are heavily fortified, and if we strike by day, the line between success and failure is almost undetectable. But, the Stealth Force can tip the balance in our favor, if we strike late at night." After a short pause to let everyone see the viewing globe, she returned it to the view of the battle. She stopped moving for a moment and after quick thought, she said, "Or," she paused, unsure if it was even worth it to say, "I could unleash The Warmonger. I know the savage monster is difficult to control, but he is the strongest weapon in my siege arsenal. And as you could guess.... Failure to control him could lead to the destruction of the entire city.

"Once we have decided upon what to do, I shall depart, as the trip to Rubian shall be a long one." She returned to chair and picked up her staff, in anticipation of the decision being made.

Amethal watched silently as everyone had their say. He scoffed at Mod belittling him, and turned to the viewing globe without acknowledging the boy. Once Viariun was done using the globe to describe her plan, he took control of it and accessed the overview of Diamoria. For a few seconds, he scanned the borders of the city and the major landmarks without speaking. Then he spoke up once he was finished. "Ok, so our forces will need to attack here, here, here, and here." He pointed to various points on the walls of the city. "Diamoria has heavily fortified gates, but they never took into account the integrity of the wall between the gates. We will attack from behind, leaving the forces at the strongest front gate unaware until it's too late. I'll send forces to ascend the walls of these three points while I take the Juggernaut and my elites and destroy the wall farthest from the front gate to allow the troops to escape if needed. Once we are inside the city we will head for the Weapons District first and seize it while the rest of my soldiers take out the forces at the gates while they are separated. We would never be able to take the city with their forces converging on us early." He kept pointing to places he spoke of as he talked. "Once the Weapons District and the gate soldiers are taken out, the Front Gate armada will surely be there by then. We will use their weapons against them and destroy them. Then taking out the rest of the city is easy. A simple divide-and-conquer strategy mixed with a cutting-off-the-head strategy." He smirked enjoying the genius plan he came up with on the spot. On that note he nodded at Viariun and the first-in-command and left, but not before stopping next to the boy and turning to look at him.

"If you are not an assassin, you are not of worth to us," was all he said to the boy before he faced the entrance of the tent and lifted up his collar and hood to conceal his face before heading out to converse with his forces. Gathering every soldier he had plus the Juggernaut - a very large man whose entire torso had triple the magical armor Amethal did and could levitate - he mounted his armored horse and they set out for Diamoria.

"This Annerkyl, he has not been let into our ranks yet, he should not be hearing what we are saying here.

Besides I don’t like how he has just come in here and thrown himself at us, he is too eager in my eyes, to desperate. That being said, why is it so damm cold and dark in here? It’s like we all went to the cemetery"

Everyone knew that the room was of an adequate temperature, but is still did not stop Xaphan from creating a small stream of plasma so he could watch it dance.

"There we go. If the only thing we are going to do in here is sit around watching Gore fail at life, then I should have just stayed outside in the sun.

If no-one objects, I’m going to go challenge one of the arms-masters to a fight; I’ve got a score to settle.”

Standing up, the stream of plasma starts twirling around his arms. Not waiting to see if anyone objected, he walks over to Annerkyl. Looking down upon him with a disapproving look he wonders. "Why are you here?".

Opening the tent entrance, Xaphan exits and moves off towards where the other soldiers were training.

“Gore really should have been using trebuchets to fire balls of burning metal and wood into the castle, it would either make them spend troops on getting rid of the flames, or help destroy the castle.”

Pointing at one of the solders training, Xaphan yells out “You there, where’s Arm’s-Master Fabio?”

After swallowing a growl of disapproval at how he had been forced to work with someone else, Eskay took a moment to ponder the strategic suggestions of his female cohort. He then turned to her and asked, "Can you summon these Hellions to any desired location? Are there any particular restrictions to this ability? I ask merely because if you are able, why not conjure them in a position inside the city's fortifications? That said, we would first have to make sure that there are not any preventative wards in place." The armor-clad member of the Cadre stood before striding over to talk to Viariun personally. As he did so, he noticed one or two looks of surprise that his stature was larger even than the imposing Moderatus. This fed his ego, which was previously famished.

The individual approached his cohort and addressed her, "You know that there is absolutely no reason to unleash some weapon that you cannot necessarily control early in a battle. I bar you from releasing this Warmonger unless desperation should overwhelm us. Additionally, I strongly doubt that will happen. Why would you risk destroying mystic artifacts trapped in the walls of Rubian? We might make use of those later in our assaults on the emerald capital and its allies." A large, purple bird flew by and the general with the horned helm became distracted by it. He then realized he had not eaten in some time and released a bit of dark energy that implanted itself in the bird. A few seconds passed and it fell to the earth. Beneath his helm, its executioner licked his lips before returning to the conversation at hand, "Attacking at night is obviously preferable in this scenario. You have a Stealth Unit and it is much harder for the city's defenders to discern our tactics and position during the night. Speaking of which, I have some ideas brewing..." 

His attention was drawn once more to the fallen prey, which one of his two proteges had gathered and begun preparing for consumption. "Now, I must away. Hunger calls me from this place." With that, he adjourned to his personal tent for a bit of raw treat that drew nostalgic thoughts from his taste buds.

She looked towards Eskay and replied, "I cannot summon the Hellions inside their walls, as they must be summoned in a horde-like formation around myself... Or, they can march through a Hellgate alongside me. On the topic of our assault, the Stealth Force is small, they may need backup, and if so, the Siege troops shall charge the gates." She then stood and walked towards the exit. "I shall await you tonight in the hills outside the eastern wall of Rubian. As for my thoughts about the Warmonger, he is a last resort," she paused and cracked a mischievous grin, "Or just for fun." And with that, she left the rest of the Garnet Syndicate, as she departed towards Rubian.

[hr]

After she left the room, a hellish spiral of black flames arose in front of her, out of which formed a massive 10 foot tall demon, which then spoke to her with the grimmest of voices, "My liege, the Stealth Force has been prepared as you asked." "Excellent Hellius, tonight you must go in with the Elites, and make sure that absolutely nothing goes wrong." With a smirk on his face, Hellius replied,"As you command, my liege." After chanting something completely  unintelligible, he ripped a portal to V's Realm open, and they both walked inside, sealing the portal shut.

One after another, more Obsidian soldiers fell to Tsunugai's sword. He wasn't holding back, and why should he? Given no choice, he is forced to do the same in order to acheive victory. Though it will only be temporary. Next thing he knew, the same black fog appeared once more, closing in on Tsunugai. Running to cover, he remained stationary behind the wall to avoid whatever may come his way. A few seconds later, something was wrong. The fog pulled back. He felt being in it, but appeared to not be affected by it. Is this a benefit to having Amethyte?

But things could not get any better. Next thing Tsunugai knew, the slain Obsidian soldiers rose again, their skin decayed and the sound of moaning coming from what remains of their voice boxes. It never would have been deemed possible by Tsunugai, but it appears that the black fog is the epitome of necromancy. So it may not affect him, but it can affect those who can be succumbed to it, including the dead and weak-minded. Tsunugai sighed in annoyance. "I knew that something would get in the way of making this easy." he said to himself.

As the fog began to pull back, more of the undead began to rise and advance towards their afternoon snack. Next thing Tsunugai knew, the closest zombie ran towards him, but was left with a severed head and a lifeless body. The corpse then released what appeared to be a soul, which entered the fog. Tsunugai was confused. He didn't know if this was a good idea or not. But now was not the time. He had to do something and advance. One by one, each undead was left with their corspes and the souls entering the fog without much hesitation.

Even though Tsunugai didn't realize this, but the black fog encompassed the entire castle, the undead now on the Paladins along with the Obsidian soldiers...

[hr]

As the fog began to fall back, a familiar presence appeared before Velvet. It was Gore. He took a few steps, his eyes closed and very much silent. "So, it appears the religious cur has appeared first. Well, no matter, you won't be facing me yet. I don't want to kill you and make you my slave yet. Instead, I shall test your capabilities. Instead of fighting the army itself, you shall face what necromancers are fearfully known for! Behold!" The fog stood still, as a horde of the undead appeared behind Gore. In fact, Gore himself disappeared within the fog as the horde advanced. Then Gore's voice boomed into Velvet's mind.

We all have our limits. I shall now test yours. Until I say so, this will never end. Now, SUFFER!!

[hr]

The Leader watched as all of the members left him one by one. He sighed. "Very well. You may all take command of one city in particular that you believe will weaken the Kingdom." he commanded to whoever remained. Oh well, it is better that this happens, for action speaks louder than words. he thought. Next thing he knew, the second-in-command was in deep thought. "So, it appears he has finally taken action to making the Paladins suffer." he said. "Indeed. Though I can only ask of why he is doing things how he does?" "To put it bluntly, I trained him to use my powers in proper order."

The Leader was confused. Regardless, he turned his attention to the young boy who appeared before everyone. "Hm, you look familiar, boy. Is there a reason for that?" The second-in-command could see a similarity to someone else. "It appears that one of the Paladins has a brother. Perhaps he could be of use in the future. Guards! Take him to the cellar with the viewing globe, so that he may see what happens." Some Obsidian soldiers appeared, escorting the young man to the special cellar.

The leader then proceeded to watch the battle once more, hoping for a change in tide...

"I-I-I'm not-" before Cashmere had completed his response to the first speaker, another man spoke, cutting him off and before he knew it he was being escorted by two large guards into a cellar of some sorts. 

Within the room was a large glowing globe, and within it a young man in odd armour foot countless grotesque soldiers, letting out a deep battle cry that seemed distinctly familiar. His features as well, the blonde hair, and blue eyes all seemed somehow familiar but he couldn't tell. 

"W-what am I seeing?" Cashmere turned to the guards with his brow furrowed and a look of concern. Even before he heard a response the young man walked up to the globe seemingly in a trance. Leaning onto it he stared intently at the male in odd armour. 

Who could it be... and why did he look so familiar...?

Cyrus slowly walked through the halls of the castle, holding his blade at the ready. A number of soldiers came forward, but Cyrus reached into his satchel, grabbing a dozen seeds, which he threw at the soldiers. The soldiers paid the seeds no mind, dismissing them as a cheap distraction, but some of them stood still, vines holding their feet in place. The struggled against the growth, but as they did, the vines dragged them through the floors of the castle. Jumping over the gap created by his plants, Cyrus swung his sword at a couple more soldiers, kicking them into the pit that was now behind him. Another soldier approached, but Cyrus stabbed him in the heart, pushing the man out of his way.

However, as Cyrus continued on, a black fog began to appear around him. Staying on guard, he looked to see if there would be any attackers who would sneak up within the fog, but all he heard was a low moaning sound. Looking back at where the sound came from, he saw the soldier he had just slain was standing up once again, much to Cyrus' surprise, but he still managed to cleave the zombie's head. Cyrus sighed, realizing that know he had to deal with soldiers that could rise again as soon as he killed them. This couldn't last forever, and Cyrus realized he needed up. "Where is everyone?"

Seth Regnius

[hr]

Upon arrival at the docks just outside of Rubal, Seth saw the loads of dead civilians and realized that he was even more pressed for time than he had thought prior. So many dead...  He started to sprint through the streets until he heard what sounded like a survivor. Once he saw the women he shouted "Ma'am are you okay?" and as soon as he spoke she, along with many other undead civilians, began to run towards him. "Undead townsfolk... Great." They swarmed him quickly, but right as they approached him, he coated his skin with energy, and with every slash from his blade-staff he drew energy from them, building and building in strength, until he released a destructive ray of energy, virtually disintegrating a fourth the horde of undead attacking him.  "Your spirits have been released... Now to help the rest of these trapped souls.

After holding off and defeating at least 50 more undead, he realized that the horde he was fighting just kept getting bigger the closer he got to the heart of the city. "I've got to rip through space... This is going to hurt" His eyes then began to glow a deep purple and with a mighty effort, he manipulated the space around his body to slice through the air, thrusting himself through the surrounding undead, while slashing his blade through them with great speed. When he began to come out of the "teleport" as many thought it was, everything began (to Seth's eyes) speeding back up, and as it did, every undead he hit, which were riddled with slash marks, exploded in the same deep purple color Seth was glowing. "Looks like the spell worked right that time." And with a deep sigh, he began to again trek towards his destination.

[hr]

Aria was blinded briefly by the huge pillar of light that appeared seemingly out of nowhere, into the 'Black Camp' once she had blinked the spots out of her eyes Aria noticed a huge steed and an equally big man flying away from the camp... right at her.

"Oh this'll be fun," a mischievous smirk played across Aria's face as she pointed her finger at the man. "POP GOES THE WEASEL!! KEKEKEKE!" A quickly spinning ball of energy flew at the white armoured man, but before witnessing the fruits of her handiwork Aria dropped down to altitude that would be easier for her to move around in.

This, combined with the large explosion that had just occurred mid-air startled quite a many people with in the 'Black Camp' and caused several soldiers to aim their weapons at her. 

"Puh-leez," Aria looked down on the foolish soldiers, "you think you can take me!?" Aria laughed briefly before raining massive (and unnecessary) amounts of energy down upon the small group of soldiers, and actually created a small crater in the ground. In all this she had totally forgotten to check what had happened to the flying horse man. 

Archived