[Sakura] No. 114 Blue Sky Flower Lop

Flash Flyer - Sakura

qqDKdQc.jpg

3 Level 4 monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned: Target 1 card your opponent controls; banish it. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then choose 1 of your opponent's unused Monster Card Zones; while this card is face-up on the field, that Card Zone cannot be used. When this card destroys a monster by battle: Gain Life Points equal to half of that monster's ATK.

Image Credit: Myself (drew this by hand; then vectored in Photoshop); if you want it though, ask.

I originally designed this card after a fanfic character (her original Number was 14; to reference her age, but since Sarameya came and took it, I had to make this a Over Hundred Number instead). As its effect suggests, based on field control and some Life Point gain.

So anyway, rate/love/hate/CnC/fix OCG (I probably made a mistake somewhere in the detach effect)/etc.

As usual, reps will be given to good reviews.

I think the OCG would be more like this (I could be wrong though):

When this card is Xyz Summoned: Target 1 card your opponent controls; banish it. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; select 1 empty Monster Card Zone your opponent controls, that zone cannot be used as long as this card remains face-up. When this card destroys a monster by battle: Gain Life Points equal to half of that monster's ATK.

It's an amusing card. I actually don't see any real issues with it. I like the fact that it can banish any card upon being Xyz Summoned, reminds me of the Monarchs in that sense.

The card looks great.

3 Materials are totally deserving of the Blaster Blade removal it does upon Summon, especially if we have Ouroboros running around doing something similar IRL.

I was thinking about suggesting the "Once per turn" clause in that second effect, thinking of Tri-Head Dust Dragon, but thinking again, it'd be a better version of said dragon, and it'd be pretty abusable, particularly in Heraldic Beasts that have Twin-Headed Eagle to recharge 2 materials for a total of 5 sealed Zones. That'd be a no-no for a single turn. So I'd say it's alright as is.

Also, it's nice to bump into someone else drawing the image of the cards.

EDIT:

As for OCG fix, change "select" for "target" at the beginning of the card. That's about it.

I don't know too much on the OCG regarding Monster Card Zones/Spell & Trap Card Zones/Field Spell Card Zone.

The card is great.

As Sleepy already mentioned, the on-Summon banish effect goes well with this card being 3-Material, as it helps with compensating the cost of its Summon. While the Zone-locking effect is similar to Dust Dragon, by not having any kind of restriction this card has an edge over the Dragon. Sleepy already explained how you could lock the 5 Zones with the aid of Heraldic Beast Eagle, but in my opinion that would be really situational and shouldn't become a problem. The LP gain effect is a bit lackluster but, considering it is not her main effect, it is a nice bonus nonetheless.

As for the OCG, Yume and Sleepy already mentioned the "Select -> Target", but based on Dust Dragon I would use the following description for the Zone-lock effect:

When this card is Xyz Summoned: Target 1 card your opponent controls; banish it. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then choose 1 of your opponent's unused Monster Card Zones; while this card is face-up on the field, that Card Zone cannot be used. When this card destroys a monster by battle: Gain Life Points equal to half of that monster's ATK.

I think the OCG would be more like this (I could be wrong though):

When this card is Xyz Summoned: Target 1 card your opponent controls; banish it. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; select 1 empty Monster Card Zone your opponent controls, that zone cannot be used as long as this card remains face-up. When this card destroys a monster by battle: Gain Life Points equal to half of that monster's ATK.

It's an amusing card. I actually don't see any real issues with it. I like the fact that it can banish any card upon being Xyz Summoned, reminds me of the Monarchs in that sense.

Yeah, her effect is essentially Caius when summoned (except it can deal with S/T as well); though she'll still be affected by Bottomless/Torrential and usual stuff.

The card looks great.

3 Materials are totally deserving of the Blaster Blade removal it does upon Summon, especially if we have Ouroboros running around doing something similar IRL.

I was thinking about suggesting the "Once per turn" clause in that second effect, thinking of Tri-Head Dust Dragon, but thinking again, it'd be a better version of said dragon, and it'd be pretty abusable, particularly in Heraldic Beasts that have Twin-Headed Eagle to recharge 2 materials for a total of 5 sealed Zones. That'd be a no-no for a single turn. So I'd say it's alright as is.

Also, it's nice to bump into someone else drawing the image of the cards.

EDIT:

As for OCG fix, change "select" for "target" at the beginning of the card. That's about it.

I don't know too much on the OCG regarding Monster Card Zones/Spell & Trap Card Zones/Field Spell Card Zone.

Fixed the OCG (though I'll defer to the one Voltex gave for time being).

As for pic, thanks. I usually don't draw the pics unless I can't find anything that fits (I don't like using stuff on DeviantArt unless I absolutely need to)

Effect-wise, I figured there would be a loophole with its detach/field lock effect if that OPT clause didn't exist, so I put it there.

The card is great.

As Sleepy already mentioned, the on-Summon banish effect goes well with this card being 3-Material, as it helps with compensating the cost of its Summon. While the Zone-locking effect is similar to Dust Dragon, by not having any kind of restriction this card has an edge over the Dragon. Sleepy already explained how you could lock the 5 Zones with the aid of Heraldic Beast Eagle, but in my opinion that would be really situational and shouldn't become a problem. The LP gain effect is a bit lackluster but, considering it is not her main effect, it is a nice bonus nonetheless.

As for the OCG, Yume and Sleepy already mentioned the "Select -> Target", but based on Dust Dragon I would use the following description for the Zone-lock effect:

When this card is Xyz Summoned: Target 1 card your opponent controls; banish it. You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then choose 1 of your opponent's unused Monster Card Zones; while this card is face-up on the field, that Card Zone cannot be used. When this card destroys a monster by battle: Gain Life Points equal to half of that monster's ATK.

I set the bolded part to be OPT so wouldn't lead to abuse (since hypothetically, you could just seal off your opponent summoning anymore in one turn by recycling Eagle for materials). As for LP gain, yeah it's not much but it helps to gain back some points that you probably lost in battle/paying costs/effect damage.

TBH, I thought I made this too OPed since you essentially have something that can lower your opponent's monster zones while destroying others/gaining LP and then sealing off those zones as well. But it's nice to know it's fine as it is.

Thanks for the comments (reps given)

Archived