Clockwork Souls [PG-16/Started/Not Accepting]

Aix

• Replies 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally need to get on this more often....

Anyway, can't wait for the IC, and seeing every characters' reaction to their roommates. It'll probably be a lot of fun to have everyone meet each-other that way. 

I was wondering, how many people we got in this now? *reads roster* Holy Crap!!! 21 F***ING PEOPLE!?! In all honesty, i'll need to read this thing like 10 times a day to keep up. Just massive compared to lots of other RPs. 

Feel kinda bad for Kazuto, as his IC is still on page 2. I see this one at page 8 by Friday.

[quote name="_-DragoLiza-_" post="6305199" timestamp="1384395759"]Uhh, Stealthy, you did Arthur/Stellar on purpose, didn't you?  Either way idc, it'll be hilarious. I mean seriously, I opened the spoiler for her appearance, and BOOM! I just died laughing thinking about it.[/quote] No, i didn't. You see, this is the beauty of randomizing. I wouldn't have thought for a second about putting the flirtiest girl in the RP, the autistic boob, and the possible psychopath in the same dorm.

You can vote in the poll above, I don't think Aix wants to look for your post and try to remember it when he counts the votes up.

Yes, I voted in the poll before making the post.

And that's what my character gets for supporting chaos: The quiet guy and Polly.

To be honest, I was hoping for a female roommate for that chance of silly romance but I won't complain because I asked for this.

It will be interesting to see these two in the same room.

God I'm so fucking glad we went with random, this is going to be sick. And here's how I randomized it The first time, after a little tweaking when I realized that it was not coed, I generated random numbers1-7, allowed one number to repeat thrice, then the others twice, in the order I got them randomly. I then went down the list, and gave a character a number by the order of their names (IE, Freed got 5). I continued to do this, then matched each name with the other name with the same number. The second time, I did the same thing, but with the order from the first set instead of the ones from the Original Page,

Updated my app to emphasize the power increase devices tailored to Amelia enjoy, as well as update Claw Crusher to be a bit more threatening on its own.

Welp, dodged an explosion and a rival there. Amelia might get stressed out due to having Caeil as a dormmate. The rest are really interesting, especially the 3 person room.

I expect Amelia to blow up at least once, haha.

As an aside, that three person room reminds me of college, where a two-person dorm room was basically retrofitted into a three person one.  It was kind of cramped.  Wonder if things will be similar here?

Looking at the dorm-mate roster, I don't see Minori being happy at all. Not only is he placed with a guy, he's placed with the one hotshot out of all of them in terms of smarts. Oh well, at least Minori has a reason to look forward to his Friday night dates with Stellar.

Speaking of which, Stellar's in an interesting position. On one hand, she has a flirty chick that will probably try to steal any boys that she unfailingly attracts, but on the other, they both have a psychopath to deal with. If Sarah were to be replaced with a male character things would be a bit more predictable, but with the current roster, there's only one way to find out how this will actually pan out...

Name: Demarcus "Marcus" Carter
Date of Birth: Dec 9th

Appearance: Height being 6"1' and weighing in at 175 Lb., Marcus is a fit, somewhat muscular man with longer brown hair and green eyes, a clear pale face that is somewhat chiseled (Here meaning very cut and straight, even thin could be used to describe it) in appearance. He is not a huge man in regards of muscle, but he is definitely muscular. Almost no body fat, his shape is definitely toned out with almost no body fat visible. He wears generally large black or grey cloaks with hoods and baggier pants for more possible movement.

Personality: Cocky, witty, and most definitely a killer mentality. Marcus is a man with a good amount of street smarts and natural grit, but holds a bloodthirsty fighting mentality. He is not afraid of fighting anyone, even if horribly outmatched. He is cold and calculating, preferring to play slow in matches unless provoked. He will not waste his time calculating someone whom he knows or thinks is lesser in ability. He can be loving deep down, but the sadness and depression of his past have left him almost entirely cynical. He often acts very positive, smiling or grinning in the face of certain doom or knowing the outcome will be against him. This would be how he maintains his mental sanity, calling in the "Forward Mindset", meaning he will appear and act positive no matter what the outcome nor what he is truly thinking. He prefers to strike fear into his foes to gain the upper hand, or make them think he has an indestructible complex that gives him the willpower to overcome anyone.

Backstory: Marcus grew up in a poor community of Brittania, often being an outcast because his parents were considered the lowest of the low, especially not being of pure blood. He decided his best option was to fight his way to the top. Becoming a competent streetfighter as early as 10, Marcus was gained a fearless attitude towards his opponents. Often appearing as unbeatable or unbreakable in his foes eyes, he broke his enemies down mentally first, then physically. He quickly gained a tolerance to pain, and could somewhat be considered masochist as well as a sadist, with pain driving him. With his father dying of illness at the age of 13, he became the man of the house, caring for his equally ill mother by thievery and mugging those whom he knew he could get away with. His mother also died eventually, when Marcus was 15. Devastated by his mother's passing, Marcus took to the streets. He developed a major street IQ, learning to pickpocket, fight thugs, and honing his limited Animus ability. He lived off the streets, stealing from the rich and becoming somewhat of an Aladdin of Brittania. He eventually realized his abilities were above average, and instead of putting his talents towards a life of crime, he decided to put it towards actual war. He knew his skill and hardheaded mentality would serve his country well, and decided that instead of living his life in poverty, he would excel in the military. While his Animus ability itself was limited, his combat skill and knowledge were far above average. He knew that the military was his calling, and he knew that his parents legacy would stay intact if he carried it to a higher power.

Talents/Abilities: Marcus is great at many things, but is a master of none. His Animus ability is limited. He cannot control Automatons, and he cannot influence anyone but himself. When he does influence his own abilities, he is greatly enhanced in combat. He does not have a signature fighting style, rather using a variation of many that he learned while battling others in the streets of Brittania. While having a decent amount of strength and speed already, both are enhanced quite well by his Animus. More so his speed, which is already difficult enough to comprehend. His striking speed is phenomenal, and his speed in running and dodging is very high, often dodging and outrunning his foes because of his extreme agility. His strength is high, but is not unhuman, unlike his speed. Being able to benchpress 235 Lb., he deals a heavy amount of damage in hand-to-hand combat. His weapons abilities are limited, heavily relying on knife usage and/or strategic thinking. With his Animus usage being limited, he sees little profit from learning to use many different weapons. In his eyes, his streetfighting abilities and physical components are enough to bring himself out of sticky situations. He relies heavily on breaking his opponents limbs or finding points that cause extreme pain, while not necessarily causing heavy damage.

Optional: IDEK.

Archived