[Sakura] Arcanite Ninja Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

N5wOXwb.jpg

1 Synchro Tuner + 1 Synchro Monster
Must be Synchro Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card is unaffected by Trap Cards. Once per turn: You can reveal the top 3 cards of your Deck; shuffle them back in, and if you do, this card's maximum attacks this turn are equal to the number of Tuner monsters revealed by this effect. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Your opponent takes damage equal to that monster's Level or Rank x 200 points. Once per turn, if this card is targeted for an attack: You can send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; negate that attack.

[spoiler=Initial Version]

tptGDKN.jpg

1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters
Must be Synchro Summoned and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card is unaffected by Trap Cards. Once per turn: You can reveal the top 2 cards of your Deck; shuffle them back in, and if you do, this card gains 1 additional attack for every Tuner monster revealed this turn. When this card destroys an opponent's monster by battle: Your opponent takes damage equal to that monster's Level or Rank x 300 points. Once per turn, if this card is targeted for an attack: You can send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; negate that attack.[/spoiler]

IMG Credit: http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/zz185/kimkimaranas/Anime_Girl_12715theAnimeGallerycom.jpg

As you figured out, this is my 16,000th post on YCM so this card will be representative of that.

I originally started designing this card back in 2010, but never got an idea for its effect until now (not counting the time I was gone from YCM). And no, this card isn't named because of my username.

Basically, it's a normal Synchro version of SSD except it being a Nomi and having resistance to Trap Cards. Effect essentially works like SSD, except it only can do a maximum of 3 attacks per turn if you get lucky and can still use its normal attack. And like a ninja would, this card can block an attack with a deck discard but only once (and is still vulnerable to Monsters/Spells).

Also, this is not intended to act as support for any cards in the "Ninja" archetype.

So anyway, rate/love/hate/CnC/fix my OCG/etc.

As usual, reps will be given for good reviews and fixes.

It is too powerful.

As you mention, her effects are not too different to Shooting Star Dragon (both have a multi-attacking effect, a protection effect and an attack-blocking effect), but even if she cannot attack as many times as SSD and only has protection against Traps, she is certainly easier to Summon:

1 Tuner + 2 non-Tuners are easier to place on the field than 1 Synchro Tuner + 1 Synchro.

She also has a higher ATK than the Dragon, and on top of that, has a burning effect that also works as pseudo piercing when attacking defending monsters.

I'm thinking you could fix her by turning her into an Accel Synchro (1 Synchro Tuner + 1 Synchro Monster) or if you don't want to take that path, you should start by removing or watering down the burning effect, and dropping her ATK a bit (perhaps to 3100~3200).

A fix on the last effect:

"...Once per turn, if this card is targeted for an attack: You can send the top 3 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard; negate that attack."

I had a feeling this needed to get a nerf on its effects after I posted it, even with the Nomi clause on it preventing it from being revived. I considered making this a Level 12 monster instead; might have offset this card to some degree.

But I'll make it an Accel Synchro and buff its burn effect to deal 200 damage per Level/Rank instead. Last effect fixed with proper OCG.

Thanks for reviewing; as promised, comment has been repped.

Archived