Cards I think should be banned

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I say all the Dragon Rulers because they are ridiculously annoying to duel against unless you're also running Dragon Rulers. There are some cards that just shouldn't exist in Yu-Gi-Oh. Dragon Rulers are definitely amongst them.

Yeah, everyone has an issue with the Dragon Rulers.

But what interests me is OP's choice on The Calculator and Barbaros. It's like he got repeatedly trounced by a Calculator Deck.

But what interests me is OP's choice on The Calculator and Barbaros. It's like he got repeatedly trounced by a Calculator Deck.

Doesn't that always seem to be the case? Some random person, out of the blue, looses to his friend's Shapesnatch.dek; Comes on YCM; Makes obligatory thread on how it should be banned.
It's silly.

I think Exodia needs to be banned. Mos people don't run cards that can shut it down, and if they do, it usually only works for about a turn

That'd be called "getting caught off guard".

The little quirk of most Exodia Decks is that they completely devote themselves to it - once you break that strategy with a well-timed Mind Crush or Veiler, they're left utterly helpless with next to no means of retaliation.

That's because no one plays Exodia that often anymore. But it won't be banned. Konami loves that Deck to much. Besides why ban them anyway? It's a unique way to play. Also, most good players have cards in the side that can disrupt Exodia Players until they can win.

I definitely see Sixth Sense going. I mean they hate cards that can Draw 2 easily, this is a possible Draw 6! Isn't Drawing 6+ what got Super Rejuv banned? And they aren't even allowing Card of Last Will and that one's useless! Plus Card of Sanctity got hit bad too. It's definitely going.
Return from the Different Dimension is a game-winner in Dragons. All that needs to be said.

Fate might get touched because no one likes that.
Konami has now made their money on the Rulers so now I can see them hitting them with the Semi or Limithammer. But not banning them altogether. They still want to sell Tins.

I'm betting Monster Reborn will come back. They played this game before and they always brought it back.
Not sure on Heavy, it doesn't seem like its needed that much right now. Most Decks wouldn't mind it but don't need it either.

I kinda feel that Solemn Judgement is going to stay banned. I just get the feeling that Konami doesn't like this card and was looking for ways to kill it.
With the uproar over Stratos, if Konami listens to the Fan-base at all, they'll unban him.

Torritential may drop back to 2 but I feel like they also were basically wanting to screw DD Decks big time as well and won't drop either of those back.
Rai-Oh may also drop to 2 just because he didn't do much at all, and he's already used at 1 anyway.

If I had an opinion of what to Ban, I'd just say Herald of Perfection. Because of the weird wording on it, it's basically a Counter Trap and I think that Monsters that can just negate even Counter Traps shouldn't be in the game. But that's me. I honestly think that unless Herald becomes a Tier 0 Deck next format, that's never happening though.
I'd also like Bujingi Crane to get Semi'd at least. It's a weaker Honest and do we seriously need that deck to have 4 Honest's?
I'd also love Number 11: Big Eye and Draccosack to get limited at least and Number 16: Shock Master to come back.

Those are my thoughts for now.

If I had an opinion of what to Ban, I'd just say Herald of Perfection. Because of the weird wording on it, it's basically a Counter Trap and I think that Monsters that can just negate even Counter Traps shouldn't be in the game. But that's me. I honestly think that unless Herald becomes a Tier 0 Deck next format, that's never happening though.

Don't forget the concept of Spell Speed. Only Counter Traps can Chain to other Counter Traps, being Spell Speed 3. Hence Herald of Perfection's effect, being a Quick Effect that's Spell Speed 2, can't negate Counter Traps.

What I find silly is that if the TCG has a separate banlist to the OCG, the TCG should use this to make cards that are balanced but based on the banned counterparts for the TCG exclusives in sets.

I know that it might sound redundant in a way, but it may influence the OCG to follow suit on how the TCG designs cards. Hell, we all want Stratos to come back even though its rightfully banned, so why don't they make a balanced replica?

You might complain that the TCG exclusives should only be like Noble Knights or cards that influence the set, but printing 5 cards per set to replace broken cards isn't much of a stretch isn't it?

That's because no one plays Exodia that often anymore. But it won't be banned. Konami loves that Deck to much. Besides why ban them anyway? It's a unique way to play. Also, most good players have cards in the side that can disrupt Exodia Players until they can win.

... Exodia's a fairly common rogue deck. On top of that, no one actually sides against Exodia because they're more concerned with handling bad matchups than rogue decks, so that argument doesn't even make sense.

And if "unique way to play" means "draw until you win"... Yeah, no.

I definitely see Sixth Sense going. I mean they hate cards that can Draw 2 easily, this is a possible Draw 6! Isn't Drawing 6+ what got Super Rejuv banned? And they aren't even allowing Card of Last Will and that one's useless! Plus Card of Sanctity got hit bad too. It's definitely going.
Return from the Different Dimension is a game-winner in Dragons. All that needs to be said.

ITT: Sixth Sense is actually comparable to Super Rejuvenation in Dragons

Fate might get touched because no one likes that.
Konami has now made their money on the Rulers so now I can see them hitting them with the Semi or Limithammer. But not banning them altogether. They still want to sell Tins.

Why would fate get hit before Secrets/Blue Guy?

I'm betting Monster Reborn will come back. They played this game before and they always brought it back.
Not sure on Heavy, it doesn't seem like its needed that much right now. Most Decks wouldn't mind it but don't need it either.

I kinda feel that Solemn Judgement is going to stay banned. I just get the feeling that Konami doesn't like this card and was looking for ways to kill it.
With the uproar over Stratos, if Konami listens to the Fan-base at all, they'll unban him.

Torritential may drop back to 2 but I feel like they also were basically wanting to screw DD Decks big time as well and won't drop either of those back.
Rai-Oh may also drop to 2 just because he didn't do much at all, and he's already used at 1 anyway.

Do you even understand the TCG Banlist?

Heavy, Reborn, etc. were banned because they created degenerate gamestates. The TCG banlist is being used to cut down on these degenerate gamestates, though it still has a lot more it could stand to do.

And how in the fuck is TT at 1 punishing "DD decks"? In what universe are "DD Decks" even remotely relevant? And don't say Macro Rabbit, that's not a "DD Deck" that's just a deck that uses Macro and DiFi for anti-meta purposes... Not to mention it's dead now.

I'd also like Bujingi Crane to get Semi'd at least. It's a weaker Honest and do we seriously need that deck to have 4 Honest's?
I'd also love Number 11: Big Eye and Draccosack to get limited at least and Number 16: Shock Master to come back.

Good job with not understanding why Herald's a degenerate card.

If you want Shock Master back, just get the hell out. It shows you have absolutely no knowledge of balancing a gamestate or which cards can be irreperably harmful to it.

So you don't want to ban Sonest to cut down on 4 Honests... you want to Semi Limit a mini-honest, per se. Sure, why not. Not like there are better ways to hit Bujin, anyways.

what?

Herald can't negate counter traps.

What even made you think that it could?

What weird wording even made you think it was a counter trap?

How do you shot web?

Why do I care?

I quit.

Why again, are people still posting on this thread? Continuing what some noob said with their own nonsense? 

Some cards I think should be banned 

The Calculator

Beast King of Barbaros

I mean, address this stupidity and be done here. And try to ignore the other stupidity, while you're at it.

The cards that I think should be banned are the cards that are banned. End of story, move on.

... Exodia's a fairly common rogue deck. On top of that, no one actually sides against Exodia because they're more concerned with handling bad matchups than rogue decks, so that argument doesn't even make sense.

Droll and Lock is very Effective against Exodia, so is Mind Crush. And there are more that are as well. (I just don't remember them offhand) Exodia Decks aren't hard to beat unless your Side is filled with total junk that no one uses.

And if "unique way to play" means "draw until you win"... Yeah, no.

I'm just saying its a way to play that isn't just make your Opponent's LP hit 0. I'd rather that there are more ways to play the game then just battling. That is what I meant.

ITT: Sixth Sense is actually comparable to Super Rejuvenation in Dragons

That's my point. They hit Super Rejuv for the same reason that Sixth Sense is doing now. But now Sixth Sense helps more decks then Super Rejuv did so yea, I'm sure it's going.

Why would fate get hit before Secrets/Blue Guy?

Because the Deck is slow. Why take away the Search power of a Deck when they're already making 100 and 1 ways to stop it anyway?

Do you even understand the TCG Banlist?

Heavy, Reborn, etc. were banned because they created degenerate gamestates. The TCG banlist is being used to cut down on these degenerate gamestates, though it still has a lot more it could stand to do.

Your wrong, Back in the Synchro Era, Heavy, Reborn, MST and Call of the Haunted were always going between Banned/Unbanned. I see they're just trying to play this game again. Besides if it was so "degenerate" why did the OCG List (which most people argue are better then the TCG List) keep both Reborn and Heavy?
Also both can make Konami tons of money. It will come back.

And how in the fuck is TT at 1 punishing "DD decks"? In what universe are "DD Decks" even remotely relevant? And don't say Macro Rabbit, that's not a "DD Deck" that's just a deck that uses Macro and DiFi for anti-meta purposes... Not to mention it's dead now.

First off, I wasn't saying Torrential was with DD Decks, I was talking that it's more likely to come back from limited then the Macro/D-Fissure. And no Macro Rabbit isn't. But there are DD Decks (Decks that base around Banishing everything. It got the name DD because back in GX/5D's time because there was a theme based on Banishing called DD. So now decks that Banish got that name) Those Decks were slammed big time and Konami doesn't like them. So my argument is that they aren't coming back.

Good job with not understanding why Herald's a degenerate card.

Herald of Perfection was ruled that it can negate Counter Traps. I think that's total bull and either should be re-ruled or just banned alltogether.

If you want Shock Master back, just get the hell out. It shows you have absolutely no knowledge of balancing a gamestate or which cards can be irreperably harmful to it.

That just sounds like you just got hurt big time by Shocky. And the thing is that Most non-Tier 1-0 Decks would love it. Besides why not give Anti-Meta and low-Tier Decks an actual counter to High Tier decks? I mean Judgement Dragon works 10x worse then Shocky if your deck is balanced.

So you don't want to ban Sonest to cut down on 4 Honests... you want to Semi Limit a mini-honest, per se. Sure, why not. Not like there are better ways to hit Bujin, anyways.

That and Bujin aren't exactly running as Tier 1 right now. (They may get better now with Shadow Spectors but from last set, they were pretty good but it was mostly based on 1 Monster.... Which tends to be a bad plan.)

what?
Herald can't negate counter traps.
What even made you think that it could?
What weird wording even made you think it was a counter trap?
How do you shot web?
Why do I care?
I quit.

It was ruled that it can.... Which I think is bull.

Droll and Lock is very Effective against Exodia, so is Mind Crush. And there are more that are as well. (I just don't remember them offhand) Exodia Decks aren't hard to beat unless your Side is filled with total junk that no one uses.

But people don't even play D&L any more, nor Mind Crush. What does Mind Crush actually do anything against in this format anyway?

Because the Deck is slow. Why take away the Search power of a Deck when they're already making 100 and 1 ways to stop it anyway?

i know right let's just not hit dragons

Your wrong, Back in the Synchro Era, Heavy, Reborn, MST and Call of the Haunted were always going between Banned/Unbanned. I see they're just trying to play this game again. Besides if it was so "degenerate" why did the OCG List (which most people argue are better then the TCG List) keep both Reborn and Heavy?
Also both can make Konami tons of money. It will come back.

You're wrong because you've never looked at the TCG list. They banned Gateway and a whole bunch of other degenerate cards, like Shock Master because no-one liked that card. They wanted to create a gamestate which was actually one where players would WANT to play. Unfortunately Dragons were even more poorly designed than we had imagined.

Also very few people say that about the OCG list, unless you're an OCG player. Trishula @1? Pff. Sure OCG, you keep your degenerate stuff.

Herald of Perfection was ruled that it can negate Counter Traps. I think that's total bull and either should be re-ruled or just banned alltogether.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Spell_Speed
No, you're just a retard.

That just sounds like you just got hurt big time by Shocky. And the thing is that Most non-Tier 1-0 Decks would love it. Besides why not give Anti-Meta and low-Tier Decks an actual counter to High Tier decks? I mean Judgement Dragon works 10x worse then Shocky if your deck is balanced.

That just sounds like you've never played with "Shocky". It is an incredibly unfair card for doing what it does, locking out a single element which most decks will automatically fold to because you're able to do it 3 times. Never come back, Shock Master.

Honestly your post just showed your badly educated in the way of the ygoz. You need to lurk more for YCM's standards. Do you realize how idiotic that makes you seem?

I'm just saying its a way to play that isn't just make your Opponent's LP hit 0. I'd rather that there are more ways to play the game then just battling. That is what I meant.

You do realize, that using the Battle Phase for what it actually is(IE, Giant Rat, Jurrac Guaiba, etc) encourages player interaction, and leads to better card design.
5x Exodia parts + 35x Pot of Greed is in no way a deck that can be compared to that.

Woooooarrrgh! I have been risen from the dead for this shit, so let's make it nice and concise:

Exodia is in no way unique or fun or anything else that could be considered positive. Let's not pretend otherwise, thank you.

Secrets and Magi deserve the hit before Fate because Fate actually hardly does anything without other cards to enable it. From a cost perspective, from a searchability perspective, and from a use perspective. If you don't have Magi to flip down for more plussing then you're sad. Same with if you don't have Secrets to make sure you have whatever combo pieces you need to do bad things like consistently reuse Crescent and Secrets and rhyme about handguns. Fate is actually on it's own a really interesting but not particularly great card. About the only unfair element from it is the lack of targeting for any of the effects, which is silly and could easily have been included.

Reborn, "Shocky", et al were absolutely degenerate. They were hit so the game was fairer to both players. The TCG list is considered better by most people because it attempted to fix a lot of known problems in the game. It's not an issue of bias. It's an issue of legit balance. Lmao at stating "balanced" decks avoid "Shocky" when 1) most Decks are archetype based, which means they're inherently "unbalanced" and 2) "Shocky" (declaring spells) + backrow to kill monsters means basically an entire turn skipped. There's no reason to advocate for the return of any of this dreck.

Herald has never been able to negate Spell Speed 3 effects. Not once.

Most of us calling for the banning or continued banning of cards are speaking as people who have used the cards and recognized how unfair they were. Most of us here have USED Shock Master and noticed "Wow, this is fucking awful". No one here is butthurt like you seem to think. Only bad players think in such absolutes, and it's honestly disgraceful that we have to even mention this. In summation, you have zero idea of anything. Please, when making points, do some damn research. It's one thing to not know certain facts, it's another to just claim whatever outlandish shit you want. The second really pisses me off, and you don't want to piss me off.

So, there we go. There's your Claire-fix for those of you who hunger for the white lightning.

[spoiler="spoiler"]

haha you fuckers did you notice i typed that WHOLE POST with correct conventions? dont get used to it. :3c[/spoiler]

Now, I'm not trying to start anything else here, but I don't think Shock Master, of all cards, deserves that much hate. I played it, it was played against me, and overall, it wasn't too bad. It didn't blow up my field, take my monsters, draw cards like crazy, it just gave protection to everything for a while. I agree, 6 turns of lockdown/whatever you call it, is a bit ridiculous. And getting more than one out was a pain to deal with, but didn't most people just run one of him anyway? I'm just think that he didn't break games too much. Hurts you too, but lets think about it. Most people run Spells and Monsters. Negating those should hurt both players. Not everyone runs Traps. Could hurt you or the opponent or both, but Decree does the same thing (not hurting you though), and no one has issues with it.

But people don't even play D&L any more, nor Mind Crush. What does Mind Crush actually do anything against in this format anyway?

Droll and Lock still shuts Dragon's down for a turn. And if your not running Mind Crush then your probably not running a Side Deck.

i know right let's just not hit dragons

Thanks for not reading my post. I was talking on Prohecy. Pay attention!

You're wrong because you've never looked at the TCG list. They banned Gateway and a whole bunch of other degenerate cards, like Shock Master because no-one liked that card. They wanted to create a gamestate which was actually one where players would WANT to play. Unfortunately Dragons were even more poorly designed than we had imagined.

You do realize that wasn't to "balance the format", Konami doesn't care about the Format. If they did, they would have hit the Big Dragons. They got rid of No.16 because it was effective. I mean come on, do you want Jinzo and Spell Canceller of Plazma to be banned because they cut off 1/3 of your deck too? Or no because they aren't as effectively used? Look at it, they hit No.16 and Solemn Judgement, both are most effective in Anti-Meta. No. 16 is easy to counter if you don't unbalance your deck with more Monster Effects and not many Spell/Traps. Judgement has an insane cost for an insane effect. It was kinda balanced ( well as 'balanced' as Yugioh cards get anyway)

Also very few people say that about the OCG list, unless you're an OCG player. Trishula @1? Pff. Sure OCG, you keep your degenerate stuff.

I don't play OCG. I'm just saying that at least in the OCG, they try more to listen to the players then here in the TCG.

That just sounds like you've never played with "Shocky". It is an incredibly unfair card for doing what it does, locking out a single element which most decks will automatically fold to because you're able to do it 3 times. Never come back, Shock Master.

It's not my fault or problem that most decks are unbalanced and can't handle a challenge like Shock Master. That would be the creator of the Deck's problem.

Honestly your post just showed your badly educated in the way of the ygoz. You need to lurk more for YCM's standards. Do you realize how idiotic that makes you seem?

Your post makes me think that you should just keep an unbalanced deck that bases so much on Monsters that if an effective Monster Negator comes out, you'd be screaming for it to be banned and never return. If Monster Reborn and Heavy Storm were degenerative, why didn't they ban them and leave them long ago like Pot of Greed? Why isn't Call of the Haunted banned since its basically a Monster Reborn on your Opponent's turn? Your opinions say that no deck that isn't Tier 1 should lose its good generic cards while Tier 1 can just grab cards or not even care if they have it. I have played Yugioh for a long time, since when Synchro's were introduced. You sound like you started very recently though.

Droll and Lock still shuts Dragon's down for a turn. And if your not running Mind Crush then your probably not running a Side Deck.

Show me where the majority of players sided Mind Crush recently in a major tournament. Tell me more about how Droll and Lock shuts down dragons and isn't the shittiest dead draw ever.

Thanks for not reading my post. I was talking on Prohecy. Pay attention!

Thanks for not understanding sarcasm. Use your head!

You do realize that wasn't to "balance the format", Konami doesn't care about the Format. If they did, they would have hit the Big Dragons. They got rid of No.16 because it was effective. I mean come on, do you want Jinzo and Spell Canceller of Plazma to be banned because they cut off 1/3 of your deck too? Or no because they aren't as effectively used? Look at it, they hit No.16 and Solemn Judgement, both are most effective in Anti-Meta. No. 16 is easy to counter if you don't unbalance your deck with more Monster Effects and not many Spell/Traps. Judgement has an insane cost for an insane effect. It was kinda balanced ( well as 'balanced' as Yugioh cards get anyway)

I don't play OCG. I'm just saying that at least in the OCG, they try more to listen to the players then here in the TCG.

I can wreck this entire point about not caring about the players in the TCG bs the OCG in 2 words: Patrick Hoban. You know, a fairly well known player who was allowed a hand in making the TCG ban list?

Furthermore, players such as Jeff Jones and Billy Brake frequently are allowed to give their two cents to people like Tewart, and are regularly asked for opinions. Hell, Jeff often knows info about TCG exclusives in advance.

So, whats that about the TCG not listening to the player base?

Aso, tell me more about how a repeated mini-cold wave with a laughable summoning conditions is anything but degenerate. Please do.

Oh, and do explain how card a that negate on the field are comparable to cards that outright deny a third of the game existing. Usually after you exploit the he'll out of it for your turn.

It's not my fault or problem that most decks are unbalanced and can't handle a challenge like Shock Master. That would be the creator of the Deck's problem.

While I hate the word, this is such a fucking fallacy.

"Unbalanced" decks run Better than "balanced" decks. Why? Different deck types and play styles exist. You can't say "Oh but Dragon Rulers are bad because they're monster reliant". That's not the fault of the creator, thats the fault of cards like "Shocky" that just ruin gamestates.

Your post makes me think that you should just keep an unbalanced deck that bases so much on Monsters that if an effective Monster Negator comes out, you'd be screaming for it to be banned and never return. If Monster Reborn and Heavy Storm were degenerative, why didn't they ban them and leave them long ago like Pot of Greed? Why isn't Call of the Haunted banned since its basically a Monster Reborn on your Opponent's turn? Your opinions say that no deck that isn't Tier 1 should lose its good generic cards while Tier 1 can just grab cards or not even care if they have it. I have played Yugioh for a long time, since when Synchro's were introduced. You sound like you started very recently though.

uh... No?

First off, the reason Heavy and Reborn didn't stay banned is because the OCG caters to money mongering and nostalgia. It doesn't care about the format or players at all, despite what you may have been told.

The TCG list had actual well known player input this time to improve the gamestate exponentially. Hence why Pot of Avarice, Gateway of the Six, etc. were banned, despite not being relevant for the most part. Why? They've proven time and again they just make the gamestate worse by existing.

Also, lolcall. It's not banned because it's slow as shit, only revives from your Grave, and dies to removal. Nice job using that "you're just a whippersnapper" argument, gramps.

Furthermore, did you even see Wind-Ups with Shock Master? It made a card like Number 69: Heraldry Crest actually playable. And please, don't use the butt hurt argument. I used a deck that almost solely focused on spitting it out early to make the whole game easier while it was still alive.

It's a versatile cold wave that restricts only the opponent 9/10time , aids in OTKing by shutting down whatever you need to in order to ensure your win, and just makes the game a slippery slope where the one that makes it almost always wins, even if its a slow but sure climb to victory. It's not a fair card as it literally shuts down 1/3 of the game for a laughably easy cost in certain decks.

Now, here's where you need to get your head out of your ass. No one gives a flying fuck how long you've played. You've proven time and again you have no actual knowledge of the gamestate, the actual higher tiers, And just how much being an old player means absolutely nothing. Nothing you've said here reflects what's actually going on, and you seem to just believe whatever garbage somebody at locals or on a random blog says.

I've been playing since the game was introduced. I share many of the same views with Koko, so please, tell me more about how it makes me a new player.

Archived