[Finished]Archetype Contest (First Contest)

AzNPaladin

I never made a contest before, so I decided that there's a first time for everything and I make this.

Like any other contests, you can either PM me or post your cards here in the comments below.

No longer accepting participants.

Contest is over due to Toyoko Kuroki refusing to judge the cards. I hereby announce the winners!

[spoiler='Contestants']1. -Someone-
2. guardianfire
3. Dark Fetus
4. IE_Nightmare

5. TFMegamanlan

6. sirburton

7. Hikari-chan

guardianfire and Dark Fetus were both eliminated because they did not post a set of cards before (or on) the deadline.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Entrance Fee']5 points.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Prize']1st Place: 50% of the Pot + three Rep from me and one Rep from all other contestants.
2nd Place: 25% of the Pot + one Rep from me and one Rep from all other contestants.
3rd Place: 25% of the Pot + one Rep.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Pot']156.[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Judges']1. A I X
2. Toyoko Kuroki[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Goal']To make a balanced, playable, and good archetype. Needs to have at least 6 cards (max 12). [/spoiler]

[spoiler='Deadline']December 10, 2013
Judging will begin on December 11, 2013[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Winners!']1. sirburton
2. TFMegamanlan
3. -Someone-[/spoiler]

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to what Guan yu said, then i will use my best archetype i ever made in this contest!!

[spoiler='My entry']

Archetype: "Star"

Concept: Yea, since many people have already seen my full archetype in RC - Multiple Cards section so no need for long description here ^ ^ they were made to support "Star" Dragon-Type Synchro Monsters such as Stardust, SSD or even "Shooting Quasar Dragon", the most powerful white card in YGO now.

[spoiler='Main Deck']

[spoiler='Monsters']

[spoiler='Starlight Messenger']
nwXs49c.jpg
[spoiler='Lore']
This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a "Star" monster. The Synchro Summon of the Level 8 or lower Synchro Monster that used this card as a Synchro Material Monster cannot be negated. If you control a face-up Tuner monster: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). When this card is Normal Summoned while you control no other monsters: You can add 1 "Star" card from your Deck to your hand, and if you do, this card is treated as a Tuner monster while face-up on the field.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Hoshi no Megami']
LFjSvVF.jpg
[spoiler='Lore']
Cannot be Special Summoned. During the End Phase of the turn this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Return it to the hand. When this card is Normal Summoned or flipped face-up: Add 1 "Star" card from your Deck or Graveyard to your hand. If this card is sent to the Graveyard as a Synchro Material Monster: You can reveal 1 "Star" card in your hand; add this card from your Graveyard to your hand.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Starlight Lancer']
3WGSkhx.jpg
[spoiler='Lore']
During the turn you Normal Summoned a "Star" monster: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by paying 300 Life Points. During the End Phase of the turn that you Synchro Summoned a LIGHT Warrior-Type monster using this card as a Synchro Material Monster; add this card from your Graveyard to your hand.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Incarnation of Stardust']
I1RdMI9.jpg
[spoiler='Lore']
This card cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster, except for the Synchro Summon of a WIND Dragon-Type monster. This card cannot be Normal Summoned. This card can be Special Summoned (from your hand) by discarding 1 card while you control a Level 5 monster. During the End Phase of the turn that you Synchro Summoned a "Star" monster using this card as a Synchro Material Monster; draw 1 card.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Spells']

[spoiler='Light of the Universe']
FEvuzP2.jpg
[spoiler='Lore']
Add 1 "Star" card from your Deck to your hand. You can banish this card in your Graveyard and send 1 face-up "Star" card you control to the Graveyard; draw 2 cards. This card's name is treated as "Starlight" while in the Graveyard or banished. You can only use 1 "Light of the Universe" effect per turn, and only once that turn.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Traps]

[spoiler='Starlight Guardian']

eJP7CMK.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']

Activate only when you control a face-up Level 2 or lower "Star" monster. All cards currently on the field cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects until your next End Phase, then your opponent gains 300 Life Points for each card on the field, and if you do, draw 1 card for every 2000 Life Points your opponent gained by this effect.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Miracle Starwave']
mC1GfEh.jpg
[spoiler='Lore'] Once during your turn: You can Tribute 1 LIGHT monster and discard 1 card; draw 2 cards. You can Tribute 1 "Star" monster and send this face-up card to the Graveyard; Synchro Summon 1 "Star" or "Quasar" monster by banishing the Synchro Material Monsters from the Graveyard, its effects are negated and banish it during the End Phase.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Extra Deck']

[spoiler='Spirit of the Star Dragon']
jO5sZeh.jpg
[spoiler='Lore']
1 Tuner + 1 non-Tuner LIGHT monster
When this card is Synchro Summoned, If you control no other monsters; You can Special Summon 1 Level 5 or lower Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck, its ATK and DEF becomes 0 and its effects are negated. During your opponent's Main Phase: You can Synchro Summon using this face-up card you control as a Synchro Material Monster. During the End Phase of the turn that you Synchro Summoned a Dragon-Type "Star" or "Quasar" monster using this card as a Synchro Material Monster; draw 1 card.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Star Rune Lancer']
8QVe1hA.jpg
[spoiler='Lore']
1 Tuner + 1 non-Tuner monster
When this card is Synchro Summoned while you control 2 or more other face-up Synchro Monsters, you can draw 1 card. Each player can only use this effect of "Star Rune Lancer" once per duel. If the Synchro Monster that used this card as a Synchro Material Monster attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing Battle Damage to your opponent.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Witch of the Forbidden Star']
GJpZdzV.jpg
[spoiler='Lore']
1 Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned; destroy this card, then take 2000 damage. If the Synchro Monster that used this card as a Synchro Material Monster attacks; draw 1 card, then each player gains 1000 Life Points.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Starlight Dragon']
mAGhC57.jpg
[spoiler='Lore']
1 LIGHT Fairy-Type Tuner Synchro Monster + "Stardust Dragon"
Must be Synchro Summoned during your opponent's Main Phase by a card effect and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. This card cannot be destroyed by card effects. Once per turn, when a card or effect is activated: You can banish 2 "Star" cards from your Graveyard; negate the activation and destroy it, then you can shuffle 1 of your banished "Star" card into the Deck. When this card is sent to the Graveyard: You can pay half your Life Points and send all cards on your side of the field to the Graveyard; Special Summon 3 Synchro Monsters from your Graveyard in face-up Attack Position. They cannot declare an attack or activate their effects, their ATK become 0 and they cannot be destroyed by battle or by card effects until the next End Phase.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Starstream Dragon']
zZZ1Xpn.jpg
[spoiler='Lore]
2 Level 8 Dragon-Type monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using a "Stardust Dragon" you control as the Xyz Material. When a card effect that would destroy a card(s) on the field is activated: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the activation, and if you do, destroy it. During your Main Phase: You can tribute this card that has no Xyz Materials; Special Summon 1 "Stardust Dragon" and 1 LIGHT monster from your Graveyard in face-up Attack Position. The effects of "Stardust Dragon" are negated, their ATK and DEF become 0 and they cannot be used as Xyz Materials for an Xyz Summon.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

yea, it's not easy to choose only 12 cards among my total set, but finally i managed to get this entry :) also i didn't expect that this will make me win so easily since i didn't got so much balance fix from that topic, so im hope to use the reviews from this contest to fix those cards ^ ^.

well, look like i have to go first again

[spoiler='My entry']

Archetype: Sky Gear

[spoiler='Monsters']

0rYOgf2.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']

When this card is Special Summoned: Inflict 100 damage to your opponent. If you control no monsters: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand). This card can attack your opponent directly. If you do; destroy this card during the End Phase.

[/spoiler]

0nqKViA.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']

You can only control 1 face-up "Sky Gear - SU2376". You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by tributing 1 "Sky Gear" monster. Your opponent cannot target another "Sky Gear" monsters you control as an attack target. Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Sky Gear - AU4554" from your hand or Graveyard.

[/spoiler]

e1bnGF9.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']

You can only control 1 face-up "Sky Gear - SU3465". You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by tributing 1 "Sky Gear" monster. Your opponent cannot target another "Sky Gear" monsters you control with card effects. Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Sky Gear - AU4554" from your hand or Graveyard.

[/spoiler]

Mcjvhl9.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']

You can only control 1 face-up "Sky Gear - SU1287". You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by tributing 2 "Sky Gear" monsters. Other "Sky Gear" monsters you control can attack while they are in Defense Position. If "Sky Gear" monsters attack while in Defense Position, apply the ATK of that card for damage calculation. Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Sky Gear - AU4554" from your hand or Graveyard.

[/spoiler]

Z8LQbC6.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']

If this card is in face-up Attack Position on the field, destroy this card. You can only control 1 face-up "Sky Gear - SU0198". You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by tributing 2 "Sky Gear" monsters. Other "Sky Gear" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by your opponent's cards (either by battle or card effects). Once per turn: You can Special Summon 1 "Sky Gear - AU4554" from your hand, Deck or Graveyard.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Spells']

rMPXYuj.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']

You cannot Normal Summoned or Set any monster. Each time a "Sky Gear" monster was destroyed by a card effect: Place Gear Counters on this card equal to its Level (max 25.) You can remove 10 Gear Counters from this card to target 1 card on the field; destroy that target. You can remove 20 Gear Counters from this card to inflict damage to your opponent equal to the number of Gear Counters on this card x 400. If this card would be destroyed, you can remove 5 Gear Counters from this card, instead.

[/spoiler]

6qT7Lhy.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']

Each time a "Sky Gear - AU4554" is Special Summoned; place 1 Gear Counter on this card. All LIGHT Machine-Type monsters gain 100 DEF for each Gear Counter on this card. Once per turn: You can destroy 1 LIGHT Machine-Type monster you control; add 1 "Sky Gear" card from your Deck to your hand. When a "Sky Gear" monster declare an attack: You can have it lose 1000 ATK until the End Phase; that monster attacking is change to a direct attack instead. When this card is sent to the Graveyard; each player takes damage equal to the number of Gear Counter that was on this card before it was destroyed x 100.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Traps']

jy09u6c.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']

This card can only activate during your turn. Target 1 "Sky Gear - AU4554" you control and 1 card on the field; destroy those targets, and Set this card face-down again instead of sending it to the Graveyard. When this card is sent to the Graveyard while you control 3 or more face-up "Sky Gear" monsters; draw 2 cards.

* like Scrap-Iron Scarecrow, this card can only activate once per turn because trap cards cant activate the turn they were set

[/spoiler]

aCIGskO.jpg

[spoiler='Lore']

Activate only when you control 3 or more face-up "Sky Gear" monsters. Negate the activation of your opponent's spell, trap or monster's effect and destroy it.

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Dangit, I was gonna use those pictures. :(

Just saying, archetypes really don't need, and shouldn't have, more than ten cards and not all archetypes need Spell/Trap support. Having requirements like that just decrease the uniqueness of archetypes. Just say "more than 6 and less than 11" or something.

I suppose I could judge...

Just saying, archetypes really don't need, and shouldn't have, more than ten cards and not all archetypes need Spell/Trap support. Having requirements like that just decrease the uniqueness of archetypes. Just say "more than 6 and less than 11" or something.

I suppose I could judge...

All right. And its not over ten, 5 monsters + 2 Spells + 2 Traps = 9 cards.

hi! are you accepting entrances or this is closed?

can i enter the contest with  a pop culture deck too? there's a card number limit for the archetype to submit?

Yes, you may enter. There is still room.

As for Pop Culture deck, its a little iffy. (Supposed to be an original archetype, but go ahead.)

There is a limit to 12 cards. (Minimum of 6 cards though.)

max 12 cards? can i pick all monsters for example, or must i do X monsters, and X spell/trap? Iffy means that i can submit a pop culture archetype, it will be accepted but it won't truly compete with the others?

Yeah max, you can do all monsters if you wish. (Or a mixture of some spells/traps.)

Iffy meaning it has a chance to win, but it would be better if you created a new archetype entirely.

Archived