[Someone] They came from outer space! [Updating]

-Noel-

Hi everyone, it's me, -Someone-!, and now i'm here with my 2nd archetype, yea it's still around the upper sky XD, but this one concept is totally different from my last one, and now i only have 10 cards but i will make more and more soon :) all CnC/love/rate/hate/fix welcome
[spoiler='Monster']

[spoiler='Cosmic Trooper - Carbox']
iC8Tr13.jpg
Lore:
If you control no monsters, you can Normal Summon this card without Tributing. When this card is Normal Summoned: You can add 1 Level 9 Machine-Type monster from your Deck to your hand. This card cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, except for the Xyz Summon of a Machine-Type monster. An Xyz monster that was Summoned using this card as an Xyz Material gains this effect.
● During either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and change this face-up Attack Position card to face-up Defense Position; this card is unaffected by other card effects until the End Phase.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler'Cosmic Trooper - Cadmus']
0kSth2J.jpg
Lore:
If your opponent controls a monster: You can change 1 face-up Attack Position Level 9 Machine-Type monster you control to face-up Defense Position; Special Summon this card from your hand in face-up Defense Position, then you can add 1 "Cosmic Trooper - Cadmus" from your Deck to your hand. This card cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, except for the Xyz Summon of a Machine-Type monster. An Xyz monster that was Summoned using this card as an Xyz Material gains this effect.
● This card loses 1000 ATK. If this card attacks: This card gains 2000 ATK during the Damage Step only.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Cosmic Trooper - Chloris']
AN0NljP.jpg
Lore:
You can discard this card to the Graveyard: Special Summon 1 "Cosmic Soldier Token" (Machine-Type/LIGHT/Level 9/ATK 2900/Def 900) in Attack Position to your opponent's side of the field. This token cannot be Tributed or used as a Synchro Material Monster. When this card is sent to the Graveyard to activate a LIGHT Machine-Type Xyz Monster's effect: You can target 1 card on the field; destroy that target.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Cosmic Trooper - Sulfyx']
bJP8KF9.jpg
Lore:
When a face-up "Cosmic" monster you control is changed to Defense Position: You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) in face-up Defense Position, then Special Summon 1 "Cosmic Soldier Token" (LIGHT/Machine-Type/Level 9/ATK 2900/DEF 900) to your opponent's side of the field. This token cannot be Tributed or used as a Synchro Material Monster. This card cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, except for the Xyz Summon of a Machine-Type monster. An Xyz monster that was Summoned using this card as an Xyz Material gains this effect.
● Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and send 1 "Cosmic" monster from your Deck to the Graveyard; shuffle 1 "Cosmic" monster from your Graveyard into the Deck, and if you do, inflict 300 damage to opponent each time this card activates its effects during your opponent's next Battle Phase.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Cosmic Trooper - Elexyst']
WaTK85w.jpg
Lore:
You can discard this card from your hand to the Graveyard; change 1 face-up Defense Position "Cosmic" monster you control to face-up Attack Position. When this card is sent to the Graveyard to activate a LIGHT Machine-Type Xyz Monster's effect: Shuffle 1 card in your hand into the Deck, then add 1 "Gravity Blaster" or "Cosmic" Spell or Trap Card from your Deck to your hand.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Cosmic Invader - Nitrax']
y7nkNHI.jpg
Lore:
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by banishing 1 face-up Level 9 "Cosmic" monster from either side of the field. When this card is Special Summoned: You can target 1 LIGHT Machine-Type monster with 900 ATK in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position, its effects are negated. This card cannot be used as an Xyz Material for an Xyz Summon, except for the Xyz Summon of a Machine-Type monster.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Cosmic Supplier - Stratos']
jR1DdJc.jpg
Lore:
3 Level 9 Machine-Type monsters
When a "Number 9: Dyson Sphere" or "Cosmic" monster attacks or is attacked: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; your opponent cannot activate cards or effects until the End of the Damage Step. When a card or effect is activated (except during the Damage Step) while this card has no Xyz Materials: You can target 3 monsters in your Graveyard; attach those targets to this card as Xyz Materials.
[/spoiler]

[spoiler='Cosmic Supplier - Ionos']
H8kJ7p0.jpg
Lore:
2 Level 9 "Cosmic" Machine-Type Monsters
While this card is face-up on the field with Xyz Material and you control a face-up "Number 9: Dyson Sphere", all "Cosmic" monsters you control cannot be attacked or targeted by a card effect, also they cannot declare an attack. Once per turn, during either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Materials from a LIGHT Machine-Type Xyz Monster you control and target 1 monster in your Graveyard; attach it to this card as an Xyz Materials. If this card would be destroyed, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Spell/Trap']
[spoiler='Cosmic Carrier']
JpYUhvt.jpg
Lore:
Change 1 face-up "Number 9: Dyson Sphere" or "Cosmic" monster you control to face-up Defense Position and shuffle 1 card from your hand into the Deck; add 2 "Cosmic" monsters with the different names from your Deck to your hand. You can only activate 1 "Cosmic Carrier" per turn.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler='Cosmic Blaster']
6Sqxm5w.jpg
Lore:
Target 1 card on the field; change 1 face-up Attack Position "Number 9: Dyson Sphere" or "Cosmic Supplier" monster you control to face-up Defense Position and destroy that target. During your Standby Phase, if this card is in your Graveyard: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from a face-up LIGHT Machine-Type Xyz Monster you control; add this card from your Graveyard to your hand.
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

again, this will be an update log :)

5/12/13

- "Cosmic Trooper - Chloris" added

- "Cosmic Invader - Nitrax" added

9/12/13

- "Cosmic Trooper - Sulfyx" added

- "Cosmic Trooper - Elexyst" added

- "Cosmic Supplier - Ionos" added

10/12/13

- "Cosmic Carrier" added

I love Machine-Type monsters!!! Okay okay. so. Cadmus is pretty OP. Since there isnt any draw back of having your bulky monsters in defense position, Cadmus can switch Carbox to defense (where you want them to be), it searches for itself, and can even be summoned after you search for it with Carbox. I actually really like the direction youre putting the archetype and here are a few of my suggestions ~ 

1. Restrict Carbox's effect to something like "Monsters with the same name as the added monster cannot be Summoned this turn." so that way you can't throw Cadmus around that often.

2. Possibly make it to where they need to be in face-up attack position to gain effects then using support cards to throw them into defense position.

3. Change Cosmic Blaster... going back to their already gigantic defense and ease of summon throwing them in defense is where you want them to be and destroying 1 card to get where you need to be has no draw backs.

well, the possible play is i normal summoned Carbox, add Cadmus, then both monsters are in Def position via Cadmus effect, so the Cadmus in hand cannot be ss so easily in that turn and if i restrict the added monster summoning then this archetype can do nothing, since only Carbox in Atk position with 900 Atk are very vulnerable, also their concept are already as u wanted, must be in Atk Position to use support cards such as Cadmus or Blaster, and about Blaster's effect, i heard long ago that if i specific the card's usage group, then it's effect can be more powerful, and to think that u activate it, u need to change target to Def position which mean cannot gain benefit from Cadmus and other of my making cards, however, if there are more criticism to this card maybe i'll change it to target first, anyway thx for suggestions   ^_^ 

so these cards obviously support Dyson Sphere. wow, about the cards, i agree that Carbox and Cadmus are well-balanced by their effect that allow only 2 of them, not 3 (so how will u ss Stratos? the remaining cards that u r making?), but i also think that Cosmic Blaster is too OP for a easily reusable SS2 card since it didnt even need to target the opponent card, you should do something about that.

sigh, well, thx for a comment, but looks like both of u didnt noticed the fact that if a card is made for a specific use (i.e. Tiaramisu, Ophion, Infestation Pandemic, etc. u should see how broken they were) it can be more powerful than non-specific cards, also, y do u think Blaster is too OP that much? it's only destroy 1 card and force 1 of my monster to change its position for drawback, meaning that it didnt gain any support from many cards in my archetype that required an Atk Position monster, also i think that if i need to target for a destroy, this card is nothing but a UP card for a specific card like this

The problem is that switching into defense with these particular cards isnt a drawback. Being a quick play you are going to use it on your opponents turn (more often than not), putting up a wall which you can just switch on your next turn to set up more Cadmus plays (not to mention youre probably going to get back Blast with its own effect anyways).

I still dont believe that Carbox is balanced since your turn starts with 6 cards: summon Car, get Cad, Cad SS get another Cad, Xyz summon.
      Recap: Number 9: Dyson Sphere on board, 6 cards still in hand, deck thinned by 2. Just using 1 card.

Not to mention this is the Xyz Monster you have on the field.

2 Level 9 monsters
Once per Battle Step, during your opponent's turn, if this card with Xyz Material is attacked: Negate the attack (this is a Quick Effect). When this card is targeted for an attack while it has no Xyz Materials: You can target 2 monsters in your Graveyard; attach those targets to this card as Xyz Materials. During your Main Phase 1: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; this card can attack your opponent directly this turn. Your opponent must control a monster with higher ATK than this card for you to activate and to resolve this effect.
--During either player's turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and change this face-up Attack Position card to face-up Defense Position; this card is unaffected by other card effects until the End Phase.
--This card loses 1000 ATK. If this card attacks: This card gains 2000 ATK during the Damage Step only.

So, u need to understand first that switching into Defense position is my archetype drawback, since if I use that quick-play that can only target my Xyz monster, it will be in Def Position and cannot activate Carbox's effect, that's meaning if I will destroy your card, I must leave my Xyz no protection from many simple cards (Dark Hole, PWWB, Compulsory, Ryko, etc.) so what's that no drawback u said? also Dyson Sphere is able to recover its oru only when got an attack, meaning if u just use Dark Hole, Grapha, Caius or Pleiades that can simply remove a card to force me to detach the first oru at your turn, so if I detach the 2nd for a direct attack, now it's wide open for Mirror Force, D. Prison, Cylinder, etc. not to mention that to reuse Blaster still need 1 more oru from it. and about Carbox and Cadmus, their different summoning condition that require both no monsters on your field and a monster on opponent's field is hard enough, since if I really summon Carbox at first turn or even the second turn when facing a DW or Dragon Rulers, I won't get Cadmus and leave only a 900 ATK monster for opponent turn, not to mention that the added Cadmus from its own effect have very high chance to becoming a dead card if I control no Level 9 monsters

hmm, well i just noticed that position change is a cost for your archetype, in that case it looks similar to MTG tap-untap system which i think i understand that, so that Blaster look more reasonable since it not grant u a Carbox's protection, however, if u make that card need a target it will more balanced a lot. and yea, unless u continue making the new cards, the added Cadmus is can't use for anything if u still control a Dyson Sphere and cannot Normal Summoned another Carbox

So, u need to understand first that switching into Defense position is my archetype drawback, since if I use that quick-play that can only target my Xyz monster, it will be in Def Position and cannot activate Carbox's effect, that's meaning if I will destroy your card, I must leave my Xyz no protection from many simple cards (Dark Hole, PWWB, Compulsory, Ryko, etc.) so what's that no drawback u said?

You act like having a 3000 DEF Dyson Sphere or 3600 DEF Stratos is a negative. A DRAWBACK is a negative in exchange for using a card/effect. A MECHANIC is an archetype that has rules attached to it.

Drawback Examples:   - Dark hole | Destroys all monsters on the field, even your own - Phoenix Wing Wind Blast | Return a card your opponent controls to the top of the deck, but you have to discard 1 card - Compulsory Evacuation Device | Return 1 monster your opponent controls to the hand | only effects monsters -

Mechanic Examples:  - (Ryko) Lightsworn | Send the top X cards of your Deck to the Graveyard - Wind-Up | This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field - Infernity | if you have no other cards in your hand

sigh, well i will use Scary's compare that i even not think about before, yea, my archetype's playstyle is similar to MTG tap system which if my monster is already in Def Pos, it cant do anything until i can change it back, in this case, if it switch to def pos by Blaster, it will not get Carbox's protection, so just a single S/T can easily get rid of it , especially when Blaster can switch only my Xyz monster which need at least 2 monster to summon for just a destroy eff, with that, i think Blaster has enough drawback then

welp, The things i want u to get is my monster can only be changed from Attack Position to Defense Position once per turn, in fact, once per 2 turn (mine and opponent), maybe 2 if i normal change its position, yea just that, but my many of my cards (including what im making) are need position changing as cost, got it? if you activate any effect, u will not get the other remaining effects!!

from what u updated this archetype are so powerful, i like sulfyx both how it ss the token to ur opponent field then u can activate Dyson Sphere's eff and how it's can switch cosmic in grave and in the deck, also it instantly trigger Chloris or Elexyst effect if u sent it for a cost that faster than w8 for those Xyz to out of materials then reattach

• 4 weeks later...

Archived