Number 93: Dystopia

lce

5rip6qE.jpg

Nanbāzu Kyūjūsan Zetsubō'ō Despea

Number Thirty-Nine: Hopeless Emperor Despair

4 Level 2 monsters

Must be Xyz Summoned, cannot be Summoned any other way. Other card effects cannot detach Xyz Material from this card. When a monster attacks: detach 1 Xyz Material from this card. Your opponent takes no battle damage from this card while it has Xyz Material.

Not sure if it's meant to go in Pop Culture or something.

Yup.

Even with the summoning conditions and the high use of Xyz Materials, 5200 ATK is extremely high (remember the Rule of 5000 for cardmaking), especially for a Rank 2.

Essentially you inverted the base number of Utopia's stats (25/20 to become 52/2)

Lowers its ATK to 2600-2800 or something (or just reverse Utopia's stats to be 2000/2500). Use the latter and then it can be considered as an opposite of Utopia.

Effectwise, it detaches when stuff attacks (which is there b/c of the high ATK). But keep in mind that if Skill Drain or another effect-negation card is in play, you have an over 5k monster that can deal mass damage.

Aside from the fact the whole card is a backwards Utopia on purpose, why is the ATK the only noticeable thing about it?
Then again, it would also have to deal with the potential of easily Summoning it, given the fact that Venus is a card, so that already is 3/4 of it's Summoning Materials.
Despite the fact that's rather situational, of course.

Not Pop Culture, Any Other Card. 5200 is not a stat of any realistic monster, even level 12 or rank 12 can only have 5000 max stat.

"rule of" things don't exactly matter too much. Remember the rule of 3000? Super Conductor Tyranno is a card.

You either disregarded the flavor of it being reversed Utopia, or simply didn't read this thing's effect.

Yup.

Even with the summoning conditions and the high use of Xyz Materials, 5200 ATK is extremely high (remember the Rule of 5000 for cardmaking), especially for a Rank 2.

Essentially you inverted the base number of Utopia's stats (25/20 to become 52/2)

Lowers its ATK to 2600-2800 or something (or just reverse Utopia's stats to be 2000/2500). Use the latter and then it can be considered as an opposite of Utopia.

Effectwise, it detaches when stuff attacks (which is there b/c of the high ATK). But keep in mind that if Skill Drain or another effect-negation card is in play, you have an over 5k monster that can deal mass damage.

I beg your pardon, but I'm not about to throw 4 monsters away only to skill drain. Hell, how did I get 4 monsters out with Skill Drain? It's a waste.

The card is ridiculous but it isn't in any way broken. Machine Beast King Ür is like, leagues better than this. And it's crap.

I like the card, minus the attack. Maybe make it 3200, being is that is the highest I think can still be fair with damage.

I like the art.

5200 is as Sakura pointed out Utopia's reversed ATK. I won't randomly drop it. If its ATK was within standards and it could do damage, then its whole effect would have to be scrapped because detaching would serve no purpose.

5200 is as Sakura pointed out Utopia's reversed ATK. I won't randomly drop it. If its ATK was within standards and it could do damage, then its whole effect would have to be scrapped because detaching would serve no purpose.

Yeah, I know.

People have just said 5000 is the realistic wall.

Not so much a realistic card with this in mind. Still mostly is.

I beg your pardon, but I'm not about to throw 4 monsters away only to skill drain. Hell, how did I get 4 monsters out with Skill Drain? It's a waste.

The same way you had Oppresion and Synchros on the field at the same time.

Either way, the suggestion of reversing Utopia's stats to be 20/25 seems like the most sound idea, but possibly change the effect to be the reverse of Utopia's as well, such a as giving a double attack in exchange for...something, once per turn, or whatever.

The idea is cool, but the execution is rather odd and, in my opinion, not thought out as well as it could have been.

Also; The no battle damage thing is useless since nothing can attack while it has Materials. Maybe just make it unable to do damage at all, if you REALLY want to keep it like this.

The card is ridiculous but it isn't in any way broken. Machine Beast King Ür is like, leagues better than this. And it's crap.

300px-BeastMachineKingBarbaros%C3%9Cr-BP

I'll just drop this here. ATK is not as-ridiculous, but you see that it requires a lot less effort than this for more or less the same yield.

Lolz, already mentioned.

The same way you had Oppresion and Synchros on the field at the same time.

Either way, the suggestion of reversing Utopia's stats to be 20/25 seems like the most sound idea, but possibly change the effect to be the reverse of Utopia's as well, such a as giving a double attack in exchange for...something, once per turn, or whatever.

The idea is cool, but the execution is rather odd and, in my opinion, not thought out as well as it could have been.

Also; The no battle damage thing is useless since nothing can attack while it has Materials. Maybe just make it unable to do damage at all, if you REALLY want to keep it like this.

Okay, I could do this. 

What do you mean nothing can attack while it has materials? 93 doesn't restrict attacking at all. It just doesn't cause damage when it battles until 4 attacks have happened since it was Summoned. Not against it, any monster against any target triggers it. Direct hits too.

Okay, I could do this. 

What do you mean nothing can attack while it has materials? 93 doesn't restrict attacking at all. It just doesn't cause damage when it battles until 4 attacks have happened since it was Summoned. Not against it, any monster against any target triggers it. Direct hits too.

Ah, for some reason I thought the detaches prevented the attacks from happening. My bad for quickly reading it.

Archived