Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rather than a new mechanic, I'd just like to see one where they adress the mechanics they already have in a more uniform manner.

Random Ritual deck guy, some Fusion-oriented builds, some Xyzs and Synchros possibly returning, but nothing being an absolute center there.

Though if there IS a new mechanic slapped into these, I'm still amused to find out.

Rather than a new mechanic, I'd just like to see one where they adress the mechanics they already have in a more uniform manner.

Random Ritual deck guy, some Fusion-oriented builds, some Xyzs and Synchros possibly returning, but nothing being an absolute center there.

That would be pretty sweet, but I seriously dobut it.

Also, there goes my hope for a magical girl Yu-Gi-Oh! show

I don't particularly care if the main character is a guy, but instead of cheerleaders, I'd like the female lead to have a consistent roll similarly important to the one that Kaiba or Joey, or Jack, had in their series. I'd settle for that.

I don't want another Kotori, or Season 2 Aki.

True, I also love the design so far.

Damn, I am so discouraged about the franchise because that's how much I ended up disliking ZeXal, but I actually am exited about this new gen.

I hope it lives up to my expectations of entertainment, and although this is probably asking too much, I'd hope they use less CG than the previous 2 generations.

I agree with Sleepy.

After GX, they introduced a new concept each generation and over time, shafted the currently existing card types or barely used them. Though if they do introduce a new concept, it'll be interesting to see what it'll entail...and as a result, will lead to new card ideas.

In character design, Yuya looks pretty decent to say the least. I'm guessing we're going back to the 15-year old protagonist that DM/GX started or the 18-20 year old one that Yusei/Jack brought in 5Ds or a possible intermediary between the two ranges, since Yuya looks a lot older than 13-14 in the pic...but you never know. I just hope his personality isn't like his current predecessor...and hopefully, if we get female protagonists (which we probably will), at least have them do something significant in the anime (instead of staying on the sidelines and cheering for the main ones). At least Asuka (Alexis) and Tea did something; Aki did a fair bit in first half of 5Ds but then faded off later; Kotori hasn't done anything particularly useful.

Can anyone guess what sea critter Yuya's hair looks like?

He already LOOKS more promising than Yuma.  The monsters behind him are dark and light-coloured too, so as someone else guessed, maybe he plays a Chaos theme.

I'd go with barnacle.

Wait, is that yellow thing on the right a Duel Disk?

Yuuya's hair looks like seaweed imo.

Also yeah, an active female main would be really good, not wanting a repeat of Kotori.

And the duels need to be staged better, with less asspulls.

So much this^

I want a main character that actually thinks about what he's gonna add to his deck. All other main characters did it except for Yuma, who might have assembled his deck, but it wasn't that important because ZW and Rank-Ups/Down asspulls.

Btw, the name doesn't really say much about the series.

GX = Generation neXt

5Ds came from the 5 pieces of the Crimson Dragon the series revolves around

ZeXal is a power from the Astral World (heaven) that creates miracles

Arc-V = It IS the 5th (v) arch of the franchise, in a way.

Part of me is really exited about finding out what the monsters behind Yuya are and do, but part of me tells me they are gonna be pretty mediocre and uninteresting cards from the next Starter Deck, used by the main character in turn, kinda like Gambara Knight is for ZeXal.

I'll try to not let my negative side take over however.

I'd go with barnacle.

Wait, is that yellow thing on the right a Duel Disk?

Looks like it's part of the dark monster. But those two could be related (maybe they're in the same Archetype or series; or they support each other via effects)

Though I am wondering what the Duel Discs look like in this generation (will they use new versions or build off of the stuff from the previous series)

I want a main character that actually thinks about what he's gonna add to his deck. All other main characters did it except for Yuma, who might have assembled his deck, but it wasn't that important because ZW and Rank-Ups/Down asspulls.

I second this.

Lately, there's too many Shining Draws and/or Ranking Up into (insert monster here) or pulling some OTK combo that happens to be plot-device.

As for the series name, yeah Arc V literally means that this is the 5th generation (might have another meaning as the series starts, but we'll have to wait until then).

Monster-wise, hopefully those two are usable and not end up as throw-away stuff like certain cards in the new starters have proven to be.

BTW, I don't know if anyone noticed, but our protagonists to date have been right-handed; this guy's left-handed. 

**** everything else about him; that alone gives him points to me. XD

Nice!
I happen to be a leftie as well so *High fives*

I'm liking this.

At the very least at the beginning I know I'll be pleased with this. The only rain in my parade could only come from another cheerleader and the powercreep that our IRL game will suffer from this.

Archived