Zelda Hyrule Warriors

Lonk

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some things look really iffy to me. Link's hair is, well, strange to me, although that is nitpicking, and maybe I'm spoiled by Skyward Sword and whatnot, but the visuals don't really appeal to me. It is kind of a modernized OoT/MM look. Also, logo. Or rather, lack of one.

Also, is this the first time electric guitar have been used in a Zelda soundtrack?

Too early to say. We haven't really had a clearly cut bad Zelda game since the Oracle games, holding out my hopes.

[s]If you pay attention to this Link, then you could see that he has the same scarf as the first Link featured in the Skyward Sword Manga.[/s]

Wait, the Manga Link has a Red Scarf, not a blue one.  Plus, it doesn't look like it takes place during a pre-Hyrule setting.  However, it does have Skyward Sword enemies.  Maybe it takes place sometime after Skyward Sword, but before Minish Cap?

Well, it definitely looks cool. I'm a little wary of the Dynasty Warriors engine since One Piece Pirate Warriors, which ran on the same engine, didn't review so well. But this game could execute things better for all we know, so I'll see how people like it.

I also appreciate it that Nintendo can still surprise us with stuff from left field.

• 4 months later...

I'm just worried for the inevitable.  "THIS ISN'T ZELDA I FEEL RIPPED OFF NINTENDO THIS IS WHY YOU SUCK"

That will happen, but then you can be like: yeah, it also isn't Nintendo.

I actually forgotten that this game was a thing... wow

This is the general consensus.

Archived